Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partick Thistle
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (mitchell @ 27th Jan 2013, 01:57am) *
Well done! you got one right.

Who got what one right Mitchell? unsure.gif
Dimairt
I really enjoyed the game: lots of goal-mouth incidents; came from 0-1 down against a stubborn, battling team; Jags still playing good, passing-game and Conrad did it again, scoring from a corner.
Pic from PTFC Facebook page of me - baw faced - with my youngest son at yesterday's game - we'd just scored the equaliser.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
Great picture Eddy, and i'm sure you will join me in congratulating ex Jag Danny Lennon's St Mirren on beating Celtic to reach the League cup final.

I'll be hoping for a Saints win in the final, and isn't it great to have another final to enjoy without either of the ugly sisters in it thumbup.gif
Dimairt
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 27th Jan 2013, 06:10pm) *
Great picture Eddy, and i'm sure you will join me in congratulating ex Jag Danny Lennon's St Mirren on beating Celtic to reach the League cup final.

I'll be hoping for a Saints win in the final, and isn't it great to have another final to enjoy without either of the ugly sisters in it thumbup.gif

Certainly JAGZ, my son's mum is a Buddie and we were at the Saints Cup Final win against Dundee United in 1987. Might be going to this one too; we went to all the "neutral" finals in those days eg Motherwell v Dundee Utd, Aberdeen v Hearts.
We don't have Cup upsets as they do in England - what about this weekend's results down South? - they're all good for the game.

Durachdan,

Eddy
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 27th Jan 2013, 06:10pm) *
Great picture Eddy, isn't it great to have another final to enjoy without either of the ugly sisters in it thumbup.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Dimairt
Slightly worried by stories linking Jackie to the Dundee Utd job. If he leaves at the end of the season, well, good luck and thanks for all the fish but to go now might kill the season.

Durachan,

Eddy
Dimairt
Highlights from PTFC site.

Eddy

http://ptfc.co.uk/media/video/match_highli...601_cowdenbeath
JAGZ1876
It looks like Jackie's going to be unveiled as Dundee Utd's new manager tomorrow.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/footba...ited.1359477122
Dimairt
Good luck Jackie and thanks for all the fish.

Durachdan,

Eddy
irrie
Sorry to see him go. Interestihg to see how quickly the Thistle board find a replacement.
JAGZ1876
Looking forward to being back in action tomorrow, i don't think their pitch will cause us too much of a problem, and good to see Bannigan and O'Donnell coming through the U21s against Greece unscathed and full of confidence.

One Thistle thumbup.gif
irrie
Good luck to the new management team tomorrow. Cup final tickets on sale Monday.
Dimairt
Got my tickets for the Cup final today. Haven't posted recently as we've been away on holiday, didn't miss any games though.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
My son bought mine for me, its only as fair i paid him into games for years laugh.gif
andypisces
Was hoping to come over for it. i cannot because i have an appointment on the 8th that i must be at. Next year when they make the scottish cup final perhaps.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (andypisces @ 14th Feb 2013, 12:50am) *
Was hoping to come over for it. i cannot because i have an appointment on the 8th that i must be at. Next year when they make the scottish cup final perhaps.

It's a date Andy laugh.gif

PS, That was a bad injury for Karlsson, it looked really sore.
Ossie
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 14th Feb 2013, 03:38pm) *
It's a date Andy laugh.gif

PS, That was a bad injury for Karlsson, it looked really sore.

That would be good.........any chance o' a ticket ?

Ossie.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Ossie @ 14th Feb 2013, 04:25pm) *
That would be good.........any chance o' a ticket ?

Ossie.

Depends who we're playing in the final tongue.gif
Dimairt
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Feb 2013, 06:53pm) *
My son bought mine for me, its only as fair i paid him into games for years laugh.gif

I should be so lucky. I usually get "Dad, could you get me a ticket and I'll square up with you later?"

Eddy
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 14th Feb 2013, 06:54pm) *
I should be so lucky. I usually get "Dad, could you get me a ticket and I'll square up with you later?"

Eddy

Oh i'm well familiar with the Phrase "I'll square you up later" Eddy biggrin.gif
Ossie
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 14th Feb 2013, 05:46pm) *
Depends who we're playing in the final tongue.gif

Fair comment .

Ossie.
Dimairt
Can't make it to today's big game. Jags must win, a draw is no good and a defeat would mean our main challengers would have taken nine points from us - you can't win the League like that.
The omens aren't good either: no games for the last two weeks, first game under new management and playing a Morton side on a good long run of wins.
'Mon the Jags.

Eddy

Or am I just being pessimistic?

Worried, Maryhill
JAGZ1876
Morton 2 V 2 Partick Th, I would have taken a draw before kick off as we have three games in hand, but disappointed to have lost a two goal lead and another red card as well, but after the lay off at least we didn't lose.

It's been years since i was last in Cappielow and it hasn't changed one little bit.

It's still a S***hole tongue.gif

Big Archie's Red Yellow Army thumbup.gif
Dimairt
Disappointed at losing a two-goal lead and a chance to narrow the gap but we're not out of it yet, please ignore yesterday's post.
We were at Cappielow earlier in the season, I couldn't believe that they are allowed to trade in those conditions: the entrance is awful, there's no cover for away fans, the catering is a joke and toilets are a health hazard - and sited next to the catering van!

Eddy

Will be at Firhill on Tuesday night.
JAGZ1876
Your a braver man than me Eddy, i stayed well clear of the toilets but could still smell them, or maybe that was the burger van laugh.gif

Three points a must on Tuesday then again on Saturday against Airdrie thumbup.gif
Dimairt
We should win tonight - see first clip - but Hamilton were tough to break down in the away fixture - see second clip. I expect them to play with everyone behind the ball, hoping for a quick breakaway, their centre-forward is pretty nippy and should they score first (!), they'll start time-wasting.
The Jags are a better side, no doubts about that (in my unbiased opinion) and will win. Looking forward to another Conrad specialty tonight too.

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://ptfc.co.uk/media/video/match_highli...lton_academical

http://ptfc.co.uk/media/video/match_highli...3/1611_hamilton
Dimairt
A hard-fought win, 1-0, thanks to a second-half penalty. We played well, created all the chances but Hamilton defended well and their goalie made a couple of excellent saves.
The gap is now five points, we have two games in hand and while Morton play Dunfermline this week, it's still in our own hands.
'Mon the Jags!

Eddy

PS My son brought his girlfriend tonight - great swearer!
JAGZ1876
Nothing more to add to Eddy's spot on summary, another three points at home to Airdrie on Saturday will be most welcome.

It was so cold last night i wish i had worn a great sweater..........you did say sweater didn't you Eddy? laugh.gif
mitchell
Watched a Taggart last night, and it was good to be see it was a story about football, and filmed at Firhill.
Don't forget we are years behind with those episodes, and Firhill would probably be different now.
Dimairt
QUOTE (mitchell @ 21st Feb 2013, 12:16am) *
Watched a Taggart last night, and it was good to be see it was a story about football, and filmed at Firhill.
Don't forget we are years behind with those episodes, and Firhill would probably be different now.

Nah, it's still murder!

Eddy
andypisces
Another win today. well done the new management team. Two games, two wins, two goals and none conceded. It adds up to six points
JAGZ1876
Partick Thistle 1 V 0 Airdrie, Just thawing out, scrappy game we gave the ball away too much, too many fouls, but what a belter of a goal from Chris Erskine must be goal of the season, with Morton winning then 3 points on Tuesday at Cowdungbeath tongue.gif is a must.
Dimairt
As with the Hamilton game mid-week, this turned into a bit of a scrap. I thought we played our normal game in the first-half but changed to hopeful punts in the second before Erskine's fine goal brought relief to the North Stand.
Why though do we always play towards the dead-end of the ground in the second-half? I thought the players would get a lift from playing to the always-vocal North Stand fans, especially when things aren't going well.
Morton don't have a game next Saturday, so wins at Cowdenbeath on Tuesday, one of our in-hand games, and Saturday against Dunfermline would take us above them.
'Mon the Jags.

Eddy
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 24th Feb 2013, 02:23pm) *
Why though do we always play towards the dead-end of the ground in the second-half? I thought the players would get a lift from playing to the always-vocal North Stand fans, especially when things aren't going well.
'Mon the Jags.

Eddy

I can't agree Eddy. i sit in the JH right in line with the 18 yard box line and had a great view of the goal tongue.gif

IF YOU WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE............. thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 24th Feb 2013, 02:23pm) *
'Mon the Jags.

Eddy

I can't agree Eddy, i sit in the JH right in line with the 18 yard box line and had a great view of the goal tongue.gif

IF YOU WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE............. thumbup.gif
Dimairt
I used to prefer the JH for an overall view but now prefer the North Stand for the atmosphere. ( No slight intended on fellow Jags fans ) It was a cracker from Erskine though, wasn't it? Look forward to seeing it on the club site but this'll do for now.

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index...ores-v-airdire/
irrie
Maybe a bit of luck for the jags tonight 2=1 down and game abandoned. Hope the fans get home safely as the fog seems to be pretty bad in places.
JAGZ1876
We certainly got lucky weather wise, could this be a turning point?
Dimairt
I checked the score on the BBC website at 10.00 pm and couldn't believe the 2-1 scoreline. After taking a medicinal dram, I looked at the club's own page to see that the match had been abandoned. More medicinal drams followed.
Lucky escape? With more than twenty minutes left to play, we should have been ok, shouldn't we? It does suggest though that most, if not all, games are going to be battles from now on. We all loved the great, open , entertaining goals-galore football at the start of the season but it's heads down stuff hereafter.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
I don't know if the Pars wage's dispute will work in our favour or not, but 3 points is essential to keep the pressure on Morton.

C'mon the Jags thumbup.gif
irrie
A bit worried at the moment Jagz we dont seem to be scoring enough goals for the amount of possession we get. Certainly need the points today.
JAGZ1876
It's getting to the stage of the season where we have to forget the entertaining football and win ugly, i would happily settle for dour 1-0 wins from here on in than entertaining 4-4 draws.

I still think Morton will hit a slump irrie, and hopefully our goal slump will come to an end today.

3-0 to the Jags thumbup.gif
Dimairt
I'll be staying close to the wireless this afternoon, hoping for a decisive win. We won both league fixtures earlier in the season and, with their financial woes on top of everything else, should win again today.
I'd like a repeat of the clip below Archie but will settle for a late winner, dodgy penalty, blatant offside or an o.g.
'Mon the Jags!

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://ptfc.co.uk/media/video/match_highli...011_dunfermline

JAGZ1876
Dunfermline 0 V 4 Partick Th.. Well i hoped that our goal slump would come to an end and end it did.

Well done to Steven Craig on his hat trick, just two points behind Morton with a game in hand and Dumbarton at home next smile.gif

Dimairt
Great result yesterday.

Durachdan,

Eddy
irrie
Im going to say we are not scoring enough goals before every game now. biggrin.gif
Dimairt
I've just posted some of the adverts from this programme on the Maryhill page but here is the front page of the match programme from 2nd January 1963.

Durachdan,

Eddy

JAGZ1876
Just out of interest Eddy i looked up the result for that match and can only presume the match was postponed as no game shows for that date, however that was a horrendous winter so it was no surprise really.

The rearranged fixture was played on Wednesday 17th April 1963, sadly we lost 1-4, but i love looking at old programmes and photos, one day i will figure out how to post pictures on here.

Hopefully the Accies will do us a wee favour tonight by taking something off Morton.
andypisces
yes jagz that game was postponed. jags had gone about 20games unbeaten then came the big freeze. they were not the same after it. I still believe that if not for the freeze we would have beaten rangers and win the league
andypisces
liked the ad for Train the joiners in the program. I lived in the close next to them at 61.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.