Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partick Thistle
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
mitchell

Iririe send some of the rain here.
Games here are postponed due to heat. wink.gif
wombat
tongue.gif 40 + degrees for 3 days straight here,lovely laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (wombat @ 5th Dec 2015, 07:59pm) *

10 + degrees plus wind and rain for 3 weeks straight, lovely. tongue.gif
Scots Kiwi Lass
QUOTE (wombat @ 5th Dec 2015, 08:59pm) *

You are so welcome to that kind of heat Wombat. I lived in Sydney some years ago for about 3 years and barely tolerated the heat and humidity there. I refuse to holiday in Australia in the summer months. We actually had a day in Christchurch about 40 years ago when the temperature got to 45 degrees. It was hard to take!

I much prefer a moderate climate but unfortunately the winters in Christchurch are very cold. Still you can always add more clothing to keep warm and do as Billy Connolly once said "wear a coat".

Cheers,
JAGZ1876
Fantastic news for the Jags, well done again the Weirs.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1412860...stle_investors/

C'mon the Jags. thumbup.gif
Dykejumper
A remarkable couple and nice to see they are still together as some big winners have found
the money ended their marriages.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 8th Dec 2015, 02:50pm) *
A remarkable couple and nice to see they are still together as some big winners have found
the money ended their marriages.

If that's true i might start doing the lottery again. laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
Another good win again, won't get too carried away just yet though, tough game at home to Ross county next week.

Dave Grieve
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Dec 2015, 11:53am) *
Another good win again, won't get too carried away just yet though, tough game at home to Ross county next week.

thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
It's good to move up one place in the league when we don't play. laugh.gif
possilboy
good result at Aberdeen lets hope they can do it against celtic on the second yes.gif
wombat
tongue.gif jesus H on a pushbike,i must be bored ahm on the jags tread. laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (wombat @ 31st Dec 2015, 10:24pm) *
tongue.gif jesus H on a pushbike,i must be bored ahm on the jags tread. laugh.gif

Aye you're hiding here to get away from the flak you're getting on another thread, get under the bed, i'll no tell anyone your here.. laugh.gif

Let's hope we can get at least a point tomorrow. C'mon the Jags. thumbup.gif
ashfield
Aye, the team are going well thumbup.gif Good luck for tomorrow, must have a decent chance of getting a result given that your lot are on a run and my lot are on the run laugh.gif

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Thistle finish at least in second place tongue.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 1st Jan 2016, 04:30pm) *
Aye, the team are going well thumbup.gif Good luck for tomorrow, must have a decent chance of getting a result given that your lot are on a run and my lot are on the run

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Thistle finish at least in second place

Your lot will probably hit top form tomorrow and take six off us. biggrin.gif

Should be a good game Ash, i like derby day and it must be a thrill for you guys to welcome Glasgow's oldest professional team to Celtic park. yes.gif

ashfield
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Jan 2016, 06:04pm) *
Your lot will probably hit top form tomorrow and take six off us. biggrin.gif

Should be a good game Ash, i like derby day and it must be a thrill for you guys to welcome Glasgow's oldest professional team to Celtic park. yes.gif

I thought they played up Blytheswood Square rolleyes.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 1st Jan 2016, 07:05pm) *
I thought they played up Blytheswood Square rolleyes.gif

You're thinking of ladies football. laugh.gif
wombat
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Jan 2016, 11:38am) *
Aye you're hiding here to get away from the flak you're getting on another thread, get under the bed, i'll no tell anyone your here.. laugh.gif

'under the bed' tongue.gif right M8 when you come tae visit your sleeping the fechin chooks tongue.gif

JAGZ1876
Thanks for the invite Wombat, when's the best time for me to visit, don't like it too hot? tongue.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 2nd Jan 2016, 09:29am) *
Thanks for the invite Wombat, when's the best time for me to visit, don't like it too hot? tongue.gif

Not bad, offered a free holiday and getting fixed up with some chicks rolleyes.gif All you need now is the key to the cellar where the home brew is tongue.gif
Dykejumper
Celtic forums unanimous that Jags didnt deserve to lose, one or two fans even hoped Thistle
had won as it might have been the last straw for Roaring Ronnie.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 2nd Jan 2016, 11:36am) *
Not bad, offered a free holiday and getting fixed up with some chicks rolleyes.gif All you need now is the key to the cellar where the home brew is tongue.gif

Wombat makes his own home brew? This just keeps getting better and better.

The second two weeks in July ok Wombat? laugh.gif

wombat
thumbup.gif yes.gif
JAGZ1876
rolleyes.gif He thinks i'm kidding, now where did i put my hat with the corks tied to it. laugh.gif
Dykejumper
Tribute page to wee Neil Duffy , as a young Celtic fan i never like him ,[much like Scotland fans
didnt like Bobby Moore], it was because he was such a good player.

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2013-2014/june_2013...an_appreciation
Dave Grieve
I was always surprised he never played at a higher level (no insult to the Jags intended) He was probably unlucky enough to be playing at a time when there was an abundace of talent in Scottish football.
RIP Neil Duffy
JAGZ1876
Never saw him play, RIP Neil.
DannyH
I did see Neil play for Thistle, but because I had moved out of Glasgow, I only saw him a few times. My memory of him was that the Thistle team of the time was going through a transition stage, where some of the older players had 'moved on', and Neil had taken over the roll of an old Thistle favourite,
"Ma Baw" McKenna. Everything went through him.

Danny
JAGZ1876
Good result last night, i hope we can get a good run in the cup this season.
irrie
Dundee Uid. away. The Jags never seem to have much luck with the draw.
mitchell
Could have been worse, they might have got East Kibride. Lol
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (mitchell @ 12th Jan 2016, 06:11am) *
Could have been worse, they might have got East Kibride. Lol

In a 'Roundabout' way you may be right. laugh.gif
Dykejumper
https://canmore.org.uk/collection/1023549
JAGZ1876
Hope we play better today than we did when their neighbours came calling a couple of weeks ago.

irrie
Sorry Jagz the games off.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 30th Jan 2016, 11:58am) *
Sorry Jagz the games off.

Is that weather in Maryhill that bad irrie?
JAGZ1876
Hopeful of a win today, a wee cup run would be nice.

JAGZ1876
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 6th Feb 2016, 01:44pm) *
Hopeful of a win today, a wee cup run would be nice.

Alternatively.............Concentrating on the league is more important. laugh.gif
irrie
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 6th Feb 2016, 07:04pm) *
Alternatively.............Concentrating on the league is more important. laugh.gif

Just about our normal cup run JAGZ.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 7th Feb 2016, 11:17am) *
Just about our normal cup run JAGZ.

I know irrie, but a wee trip to Hampden would be a nice day out, well maybe next year. laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
Our game is off, well at least we didn't get beat. laugh.gif
irrie
We wont get beat tonight either JAGZ. Games off again.
ashfield
That's a shame, I was hoping for a Thistle victory tonight tongue.gif

Think your team needs one of these fantastic plastic pitches rolleyes.gif
JAGZ1876
Undefeated two weeks in a row, seriously though, the pitch needs replacing, can't see Tuesdays game being on either. angry.gif
JAGZ1876
I know i've posted this pic before but it is still topical. laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
Jags 2-0 St Johnstone, great result biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
The draw for the Betfred Cup Group Stage has been made. Thistle were drawn in group E which looks like this:

Group E

Partick Thistle

Airdrieonians

Queen of the South

Queen's Park

Stenhousemuir
JAGZ1876
First game at home to ICT on the 6th August, the following week yet again our game with Celtic postponed to allow them a money grabbing friendly, then tough games against Aberdeen, Hearts and St. Johnstone.

Full fixture list. http://ptfc.co.uk/teams/senior/seasons/201...ixtures_results
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 17th Jun 2016, 01:20pm) *
First game at home to ICT on the 6th August, the following week yet again our game with Celtic postponed to allow them a money grabbing friendly, then tough games against Aberdeen, Hearts and St. Johnstone.

Not just Celtic stabbing you in the back Jags. The corrupt SFA have done you out of another two money spinning home games it seems.http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/partick-thistle-furious-over-sporting-8219332
DannyH
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 17th Jun 2016, 12:20pm) *

Hello Jagz

One of the things that annnoys me regarding the 'bigger' football clubs in the UK, is that they ALL consider their past season to have been a failure if they don't qualify for one of the European competitions. Having achieved qualification for any of these tournaments, they then complain later in the new season that they have too many games to crush in during the season! In fact, playing their Scottish League fixtures are an annoyance, and an impediment to them succeeding in Europe.

So I don't need a crystal ball to forecast , that come January, February, Celtic will complain that their players are being asked to play in too many games. They will ignore the fact that other teams in Scotland will have lost badly needed income because the rearranged games will take place mid-week, and not on a Saturday as originally intended.

Danny
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.