Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partick Thistle
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
JAGZ1876
Poor defensive errors and the obligatory no penalty means we have to take something from the game in Inverness on Wednesday, we only played in flashes and will have to do a lot better if we are to avoid being in a relegation dogfight this season.

C'mon the Jags. thumbup.gif
Dimairt
Just in. The first-half was pretty boring with Celtic playing at walking pace for the most part and the
Jags not really trying to do much more than contain the Celtic attack. Both sets of fans were quiet
throughout the match which tells you a lot.
Celtic will be glad to have had a rather sedate stroll after the mid-week game; Thistle will have put
this behind them already. Hope to see a better performance next week from Archie's XI.
The Ref was eccentric in the first half and officious in the second.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
Can't say i'm too excited about going to my first game of the season, i'd love us to hump the tractor drivers but i have a feeling we will witness a low score draw.

Hope i'm wrong though.

Dimairt
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 15th Aug 2015, 09:00am) *
Can't say i'm too excited about going to my first game of the season, i'd love us to hump the tractor drivers but i have a feeling we will witness a low score draw.

Hope i'm wrong though.

O ye of little faith (and a lifetime's experience.) It's a great day for footie JAGZ and I'm predicting
a 2-1 win for the Mighty Jags.

Durachdan,

Eddy
mitchell
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 15th Aug 2015, 09:00am) *

Hope i'm wrong though.

Time that you and Dimairt met up in Muns for a good pint! wink.gif wink.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (mitchell @ 15th Aug 2015, 10:02am) *
Time that you and Dimairt met up in Muns for a good pint! wink.gif wink.gif

Would that be Munn's Mitch? laugh.gif

And we were both in the zone for our predictions although i called the draw. yes.gif
mitchell
Long time Jagz since I have been up that way, but I do believe that MUNN'S pulled the best pint in Maryhill.
Tell you what I would be taking Thistle in my fixed odds every week, be sure of picking up some money. 😀😀😀😀😀😀
As for my side, what the hell is going on? ohmy.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (mitchell @ 16th Aug 2015, 03:34am) *
Long time Jagz since I have been up that way, but I do believe that MUNN'S pulled the best pint in Maryhill.
Tell you what I would be taking Thistle in my fixed odds every week, be sure of picking up some money. 😀😀😀😀😀😀
As for my side, what the hell is going on? ohmy.gif

It's been years since i was in Munns as well Mitch, do you mean you'll be taking the Jags to win/draw/lose on your fixed odds?

Yes The Rangers are winning and playing some not bad football, as you say, "what the hell is going on?" laugh.gif
Dimairt
Game of three halves: Thistle all over the Killie defence, we score; they sucker-punch us with a
quickly taken free-kick, score and knock us off our game; we dominate play but they threaten more,
we score, they equalise.
Boyd got the usual from Jags' fans in the North Stand and showed , once again, what he can do
especially with headers. We should have defended better, a man on him might have helped - what
were they thinking?
Poor turnout from Killie fans - less than a thousand from a team that usually brings a lot more but
they'll feel better about the result, that's for sure.

Durachdan,

Eddy

PS - Might go to the Jambos game this week, they're looking good.

JAGZ1876
I was disappointed with the amount Killie brought through as well Eddy, then again our own home crowds have been a major disappointment to me since we got back up to the Premier.

You could have put money on Boyd scoring when he came on.

I'd love to go to Tynecastle as well, but i'll just have to make do with home games for the time being.
ktv
think the thistle are taking this "not so cuddly anymore" mascots a bit far laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Dimairt
QUOTE (ktv @ 18th Aug 2015, 01:21pm) *
think the thistle are taking this "not so cuddly anymore" mascots a bit far laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thistle ya bass!

Durachdan,

Eddy
ktv
haha clockwork thistle
JAGZ1876
Nonsense the knife is merely for cutting out the oppositions crosses and carving up their defence. laugh.gif
ktv
clap.gif clap.gif well played jagz

a few daggers up front wouldn't go a miss either
Dimairt
Still 1-0 down with twenty minutes to go but look at the Kilmarnock v Ross County score: County were
4-0 up at half-time.
We lack that killer touch, as last week's match proved - we were so far ahead in possession and
chances created but only 1-0 up to show for it.
Ah well.

Durachdan,

Eddy

JAGZ1876
As far as i've heard we never showed up and it could have been a lot worse, could be in for a long season, thankfully the Tractor Drivers are not doing any better, never mind, we can beat the Dons next week. laugh.gif
Dimairt
Getting a wee bit worried now; thankfully other results went our way. Going to the Falkirk game on
Tuesday with a Bairns' fan - we'll toss a coin to decide which end we sit in.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 23rd Aug 2015, 04:24pm) *
Getting a wee bit worried now; thankfully other results went our way. Going to the Falkirk game on
Tuesday with a Bairns' fan - we'll toss a coin to decide which end we sit in.

Durachdan,

Eddy

It is concerning Eddy but as you say the other results went for us, i won't push the panic button just yet.

I won't make it on Tuesday, can't see there being much of a crowd, you and your pal can have a section of either stand to yourselves. wink.gif
JAGZ1876
I can't say i'm looking forward to today's game, then again maybe we will live up to our great unpredictable's tag. unsure.gif

Either way...............C'mon the Jags. thumbup.gif
Dimairt
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 29th Aug 2015, 09:34am) *
I can't say i'm looking forward to today's game, then again maybe we will live up to our great unpredictable's tag. unsure.gif

Either way...............C'mon the Jags. thumbup.gif

Me neither, it'll be a tough game: we're not good enough and they're doing well. However, it may be better facing a top team than any of our fellow strugglers.
Won't be there today as we are dining early through in Bothwell this evening - it woz Her Indoors that arranged it, honest.
'Mon the Jags.

Durachdan,

Eddy
mitchell
Jagz and Dimairt, what on earth is happening up in Firhill Road?
My team are also sitting bottom, mind you a change of manager and a few good team members gone.
But the star studded Celtic team, seem to be going backwards also.
Dimairt
QUOTE (mitchell @ 13th Sep 2015, 06:14am) *
Jagz and Dimairt, what on earth is happening up in Firhill Road?
My team are also sitting bottom, mind you a change of manager and a few good team members gone.
But the star studded Celtic team, seem to be going backwards also.

Hi Mitchell,
I was at the game yesterday, watching from the JH Stand for a change. We dominated from start to finish, helped , in part , by Dundee's sluggish first half but couldn't score though we did create chances and hit the woodwork three times.
Dundee were better in the second half and, to their credit, tried to attack after their goal instead of playing out time.
The Jags played well, I enjoyed many of our passing moves, our tackling was good too and they seemed a lot more direct than in our previous matches this season - going straight for goal.
We'll play worse than this and win, so I'm not in panic mode yet as we're only three points behind the team in fourth bottom place - we're not hopelessly adrift.
Like to hear what JAGS made of it.

Durachdan,

Eddy

PS - It's awfully quiet in the JH Stand.
irrie
Well folks serious measures are called for. We are not scoring enough goals. tongue.gif
JAGZ1876
I think we'll do well to come away with a point today, as you say irrie, we're not scoring enough goals.

Dave Grieve
The one team I always want to see doing well. I have even forgiven them for 1971. (almost) laugh.gif
Dimairt
Despite last week,I'm going for an away win today to kick-start our season. Lots of chances last week but no goals, will settle for one chance and one goal today.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
It's just not happening at the moment, we have to win next week at home to McNamaraless United, and we all know from yesterday how teams that have just lost their manager respond. unsure.gif
mitchell

You should be okay in this one Jagz, United sold out their best players to Celtic United at ridiculous prices.
Is it any wonder that they ( management and supporters) dumped this idiot.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (mitchell @ 28th Sep 2015, 03:47am) *
You should be okay in this one Jagz, United sold out their best players to Celtic United at ridiculous prices.
Is it any wonder that they ( management and supporters) dumped this idiot.

I honestly think we'll finally win on Saturday Mitch as we're not the worst team in the league even though we're sitting at the bottom,.

I have no love for McNamara, but for Thomson to sack him after selling three of their top players around the same time is stupidity.

I wouldn't rule out McNamara returning to Firhill, remember John Lambie done the exact same to us. yes.gif
mitchell
The jags are for sure not the worse side in this league, it is that they just can't get it together.
If they are to survive they have to win at home, draws are not good enough.
It's a pity that they and the other teams can't compete with the superstars of Celtic United. happy.gif
JAGZ1876
First win today or i fear for Archie. unsure.gif

JAGZ1876
At last we've found our way to goal, onwards and upwards.

DannyH
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 3rd Oct 2015, 07:20pm) *
At last we've found our way to goal, onwards and upwards.

C'mon the Jags. :thumbup:

Hello Jagz

At least we can agree on something!

Regards

Danny
irrie
Hope this result is a turning point in the season. Maybe just a pity the international break is here.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (DannyH @ 3rd Oct 2015, 11:18pm) *
Hello Jagz

At least we can agree on something!

Regards

Danny

I thought we agreed on most things Danny? biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
Two wins in a row......I'm not going to get carried away just yet, but i can enjoy my Saturday night a bit more now, Accies at Firhill next Saturday will be a tough one though.

Dave Grieve
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 17th Oct 2015, 09:05pm) *
Two wins in a row......I'm not going to get carried away just yet, but i can enjoy my Saturday night a bit more now, Accies at Firhill next Saturday will be a tough one though.

thumbup.gif
Dykejumper
Up for sale tomorrow at Great Western Auctions is a Thistle v Honved programme from 1972
and some other items, unfortunately for a jags fan they are part of a lot which is mainly Third Lanark
stuff.
Betsy2009
Keep the Jags stuff and put the rest on Ebay?
JAGZ1876
Ouch, that was a sore one, we weren't that bad in the first half, too many hopeful balls into the box though, we're just not direct enough and Archie has trouble changing formations.

On this display the Championship beckons.
JAGZ1876
Dundee haven't being playing that well recently (we haven't been setting the heather on fire either) so hopefully we can get all three points today.

irrie
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 7th Nov 2015, 09:45am) *
Dundee haven't being playing that well recently (we haven't been setting the heather on fire either) so hopefully we can get all three points today.

Will need to get some shots at goal first JAGZ. ! shot in 90min.last week .
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 7th Nov 2015, 11:30am) *
Will need to get some shots at goal first JAGZ. ! shot in 90min.last week .

I know irrie, Archie will have to start playing more attacking formations.
Dave Grieve
Just read this good news story frae bonnie Firhill.

The Jags are debt free, dont owe anybody a cent and are holding their own in the Premier league.
What a kick in the teeth to the doomsayers who were all predicting extinction for all the clubs a few short years ago.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/140302..._restructuring/
Dave Grieve
Another good story coming out of Firhill.
The say they are trying to maximise revenue streams. One suggestion I have is that they set up a courier service from any sales from Greaves Sports, thier official agents.
I tried to buy a Thistle Jersey a couple of years ago and there was no facility to courier it to SA.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/140420...or_Ian_Maxwell/
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 19th Nov 2015, 11:18am) *
Another good story coming out of Firhill.
The say they are trying to maximise revenue streams. One suggestion I have is that they set up a courier service from any sales from Greaves Sports, thier official agents.
I tried to buy a Thistle Jersey a couple of years ago and there was no facility to courier it to SA.

We parted company with Greaves a couple of years ago, the Jags shop online will deliver Worldwide Dave.

http://www.teamwearscotland.com/category/p...artick-thistle/
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 19th Nov 2015, 05:58pm) *
We parted company with Greaves a couple of years ago, the Jags shop online will deliver Worldwide Dave.

http://www.teamwearscotland.com/category/p...artick-thistle/

I will try again Jags. Although I am sure the last time I was redirected to Greaves who only deliver in the UK.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 19th Nov 2015, 04:52pm) *
I will try again Jags. Although I am sure the last time I was redirected to Greaves who only deliver in the UK.

Like i said Dave, we have no connection with Greaves anymore, the webpage link i gave you claims Worldwide delivery.
irrie
Game off today folks Also Parkhead and Tynecastle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.