Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partick Thistle
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
ashfield
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 27th Dec 2014, 06:29pm) *
Didn't make it to the game today, by all accounts we should have had a draw at least.

With two tough home games against Celtic and Dundee Utd next we really could have done with something from this match.

C'mon the Jags. thumbup.gif

Ps, not one of the four Glasgow sides won today, that can't happen very often, can it?

Aye, Queens Park only getting a draw at Berwick......who saw that coming tongue.gif

As for your game on Thursday, IMHO any team has a chance against Celtic right now.......unfortunately sad.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 28th Dec 2014, 10:15am) *
Aye, Queens Park only getting a draw at Berwick......who saw that coming tongue.gif

As for your game on Thursday, IMHO any team has a chance against Celtic right now.......unfortunately sad.gif

I was thinking more of Ross County getting a draw, that had to be the shock score of the day, although i would settle for a point on Thursday.
irrie
Games off lads. Waterlogged.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 1st Jan 2015, 02:38pm) *

I took this photo today on my Box Brownie camera phone.

Not looking forward to playing Dundee Utd on Sunday after watching them destroying Dundee.
ktv
time grounds keeper willie retired I think haha
ashfield
QUOTE (irrie @ 1st Jan 2015, 02:38pm) *

Drat, I had good tickets for the shallow end as well tongue.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 1st Jan 2015, 04:12pm) *
Drat, I had good tickets for the shallow end as well tongue.gif

The pitch would have suited Celtic as they have a lot of divers. laugh.gif
mitchell
Good to see the a charity got the pies for postponed game, what about the Bovril or watered down oxo cubes? Lol
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (mitchell @ 2nd Jan 2015, 03:16am) *
what about the Bovril or watered down oxo cubes? Lol

The urn sprung a leak and flooded the pitch. laugh.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 2nd Jan 2015, 10:06am) *
The urn sprung a leak and flooded the pitch. laugh.gif

And I though it was just the Thistle defence that had problems with leaks tongue.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 2nd Jan 2015, 10:12am) *
And I though it was just the Thistle defence that had problems with leaks tongue.gif

laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
As if it wasn't going to be tough enough against Dundee Utd today, Sean Welsh is still injured, Frederic Frans is out, Higginbotham is suspended, McMillan, Carroll and Osman will all be missing and Gary Fraser has phoned in sick today as well so we are really down to the bare bones.

Never mind, i still expect a good showing from the great unpredictable's.

JAGZ1876
I would have taken a draw before the game started so why do i feel we threw two points away?

Impressed with the youngsters McDaid, Lindsay and Keenan.

Hopefully we'll have most of those who were out today back for our away game with Ross County next week.
mitchell
If I were the manager I would be keeping the same side, Dundee U are playing some nice football and a draw was a good result for Thistle.
possilboy
great result for the jags today hope they keep it up thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
Great performance and result, as for Kris Doolans cheeky back heel for the third.....Magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzDmpg0aUaw

mitchell
First man in 22 years to score 4 goals for Thistle, that's a long wait. Lol
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (mitchell @ 22nd Jan 2015, 01:05pm) *
First man in 22 years to score 4 goals for Thistle, that's a long wait. Lol

Has any (ahem) Brechin player scored four goals in one game Mitch? tongue.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 22nd Jan 2015, 05:02pm) *

Surely you mean one season cool.gif
JAGZ1876
Here's Geordie Shaw's four against Dundee 29/08/92 and i can just about make myself out on the terrace that's now the bing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK0xslvXOk8

I doubt if i'll be there in twenty three years time though. laugh.gif
irrie
My 2 bros and i were on that terracing that day too. JAGZ.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 22nd Jan 2015, 05:52pm) *
My 2 bros and i were on that terracing that day too. JAGZ.

I almost didn't recognise myself as i still had hair. laugh.gif
mitchell
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 22nd Jan 2015, 05:02pm) *

Trying to remember when the last time Brechin scored four goals let alone a player. :
JAGZ1876
Looking forward to tonight's game, three points is a must and we should get a good crowd as the Buddies always bring a good support with them.

ashfield
Mind and wrap up well, it'll be a bit chilly huh.gif Should be a good game as Teale has got the Buddies playing a bit better. you would still expert to win though unsure.gif
JAGZ1876
I always wrap up well Ash, and yes the Saints are improving but if we can show the same effort we put in against the Accies i think we should win by two goals.

ashfield
I'm getting a picture in my head of JAGZ still sitting in his seat at Firhill, this morning, shaking his head in disbelief ohmy.gif
JAGZ1876
Morning Ash, i didn't get back until after midnight and was in no mood to give my opinion so i thought i'd leave it until this morning.

You're right though i'm still shaking my head in disbelief, that has to be the worst performance i have witnessed all season, apart from the new boy Callum Booth on loan from Hibs we were shocking all over the pitch, never looked like scoring at all.

Archie has a lot of work to do for the visit of ICT next Saturday.

Hopefully i will have thawed out by then, the older i get the more attractive Summer football looks.

JAGZ1876
Liked the new banner the club gave of our Founding Fathers.
Dimairt
Hi Jagz, we were there too last night. I was pleased to see that we didn't fall to bits after their early goal and continued to play our patient, passing game which created a few chances.
When our first sub came on after 15 minutes in the second half, I expected a change of tactics. It didn't come despite using all our subs and we went meekly to our defeat against a well -organised St. Mirren who did little after scoring.
I'm going to games these days wondering which Thistle will turn up.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
As you said Eddy "I'm going to games these days wondering which Thistle will turn up", i know we're the great "unpredictable's" but eight of the team never turned up last night at all.
JAGZ1876
Terrible, i haven't witnessed a worse first half than today, truly abysmal.

I just can't understand some of Arches decisions, i'm glad i won't be there on Wednesday, they could easily take another six off us on today's display.

JAGZ1876
We are in trouble now, i can't see how we will avoid the playoffs at this rate, we may even go straight down if this keeps up.

irrie
Its not just rhe results Jagz the whole attitude of the players seems to have changed too many of them dont seem interested. Archie better sort it out quick or he will be on the broo.
ktv
another coupon burst.....and by a BIG margin lol
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 22nd Feb 2015, 11:28am) *
Its not just rhe results Jagz the whole attitude of the players seems to have changed too many of them dont seem interested. Archie better sort it out quick or he will be on the broo.

There was definitely a lack of interest from some of the players irrie, i think they may be looking forward to moving to pastures new in the new season.

Archie will have to decide if he want's them on Saturday at Tannadice, personally i would drop them.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ktv @ 22nd Feb 2015, 11:49am) *
another coupon burst.....and by a BIG margin lol

Don't tell me you had the Jags down to win ktv? unsure.gif
Dave Grieve
Sad to say that where the Thistle are concerned, " the more things change, the more they stay they same" The great unpredictable's indeed.
irrie
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 23rd Feb 2015, 06:55am) *
Sad to say that where the Thistle are concerned, " the more things change, the more they stay they same" The great unpredictable's indeed.

Sadly over the last few weeks they have been very predictable Dave.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 23rd Feb 2015, 07:03am) *
Sadly over the last few weeks they have been very predictable Dave.

yes.gif
possilboy
a friend sent me a jags scarf five weeks ago I put it up on the wall and since then they have not won a game is this a bad omen huh.gif
irrie
QUOTE (possilboy @ 24th Feb 2015, 12:55am) *
a friend sent me a jags scarf five weeks ago I put it up on the wall and since then they have not won a game is this a bad omen huh.gif

Get it doon immediately if not sooner laugh.gif
possilboy
thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
Not feeling too confident about tomorrow even though we had a good win away to United last week.

I'll take a draw now. yes.gif

JAGZ1876
Just a quick post before i leave for the game, again, i'm not feeling too confident but that's when they normally prove me wrong.

I hope so.

irrie
What can you say its back to the old unpredictables.
JAGZ1876
You can say that again irrie, i'm glad they proved me wrong, i'm also glad i didn't miss the first ten minutes.

Caley next week, lets hope we can make it two in a row.
possilboy
I don't know about the jags one week they hammer Dundee unt and st jonston and cant beat the bottom three are they thinking they only have to turn up for three points so hope they get their act together for the rest of the season ohmy.gif
JAGZ1876
If only it were that simple Possilboy.
ashfield
I thought the Jags did very well, imagine finishing a game with 11men tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.