Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partick Thistle
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Dimairt
If you can bear to watch it....

Durachdan,

Eddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEnG7xy-EHk

Dimairt
I've been spared from attending tonight's match as I'm working in town. My youngest son will go as usual, he's still at the optimistic stage.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
Glad to see the rain is forecast to stay away for today's match, i am looking forward to us picking up three points even without Higginbotham.

C'Mon the Jags. thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
Three good goals and a well deserved win, although Motherwell are poor we did play well.

C'mon the Jags. thumbup.gif
Jupiter
Saw the old Thistle stalwart Big John Harvey in Marks and Sparks in Glasgow on Thursday.Looking well for his age.
JAGZ1876
He was a bit before my time Joop, although he was inducted into the Thistle hall of fame in 2009.
irrie
QUOTE (Jupiter @ 4th Oct 2014, 08:43pm) *
Saw the old Thistle stalwart Big John Harvey in Marks and Sparks in Glasgow on Thursday.Looking well for his age.

Just about remember him playing in a half back line Harvey. Davidson and Mathers. Probably be worth millions these days
Dimairt
Good win against a poor Motherwell side - they cuffed us last season , remember. Four good goals too, look forward to seeing them on Footie Scene tonight.
Best of all though was being at Firhill with two of my sons; that was Liam's first game in over a year since moving to London. He enjoyed a pie and Bovril too.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
Agreed Eddy, although i think 4.20 for a pie & Bovril is still too dear.
JAGZ1876
I doubt if you will be able to make yourself out in this photo i took yesterday Eddy.

bilbo.s
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 5th Oct 2014, 08:50pm) *
Agreed Eddy, although i think 4.20 for a pie & Bovril is still too dear.

Bloody hell, I can get 3 beers and 3 tapas for that here ! tongue.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 5th Oct 2014, 07:57pm) *
Bloody hell, I can get 3 beers and 3 tapas for that here ! tongue.gif

2.20 for a small mutton pie and 2 for a Bovril is way over the score Bill.
JAGZ1876
Here's my first attempt at a panorama picture on my new phone yesterday.

Dave Grieve
Obviously not a 100 percent but a good first effort thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
Thanks Dave, i'll keep practising. laugh.gif
Dimairt
Not sure about today's game: if we play as we did against Motherwell, we'll be fine; if we play as we did against St. Mirren......
'Mon the Jags!

Durachdan,

Eddy
mitchell
Can Thistle do another famous result against Celtic in the league cup, you Jags supporters must recall that day.
I certainly do in Maryhill.
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (mitchell @ 29th Oct 2014, 09:43am) *
Can Thistle do another famous result against Celtic in the league cup, you Jags supporters must recall that day.
I certainly do in Maryhill.

Left Scotland just a couple of weeks before that game and listened to it on the BBC world service while sitting in a boarding house in deepest darkest Springs SA, still reckon we lost because I wasn't at the game. laugh.gif hopefully tonight will be a wee bit better thumbup.gif
zascot
So yer goin tae the game the night dave? clap.gif
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (zascot @ 29th Oct 2014, 10:22am) *
So yer goin tae the game the night dave? clap.gif

You trying to jinx me huh.gif
ashfield
I think this is as good a chance as Thistle will ever have of getting a result at Parkhead sad.gif
Dimairt
QUOTE (ashfield @ 29th Oct 2014, 08:59am) *
I think this is as good a chance as Thistle will ever have of getting a result at Parkhead sad.gif

I know what you mean Ashfield but it would require two things: Thistle to raise their game, Celtic to be complacent.
A casual aside by Lou Macari spurred the Jags on to victory in'71 when he said to a Jags' player, "Never mind, at least you'll get a runners-up medal."
I'm working tonight.

Durachdan,

Eddy
ashfield
Eddy, as you may have seen on the Celtic thread, I remain unconvinced by the current management team at Parkhead. The results over the last three games have flattered them, the players are not producing the form of previous seasons and a good team will eventually find them out. A team playing well should have a decent chance of victory, so it's really up to the Thistle players to turn it on. I will have to wait for the alarm clock to go off in the directors box at Celtic for things to change huh.gif
Dimairt
Glad I was working tonight.

Durachdan,

Eddy
irrie
OH DEARIE ME.
ashfield
Don't suppose getting a man sent off early helped much.
irrie
Lets hope the Jags can recover from the wee blip during the week. Three points would be very welcome today. Cheers
JAGZ1876
I hear that Higginbotham may be on the bench, hopefully he will come on at some stage.

Dimairt
I think we could feel hard done by after this one: well into injury -time, Hamilton player clearly handles the ball, in or out of the box doesn't matter as there should have been a foul given.
On the other hand, you could say that it shows our tactical naivety. Having done really well to overturn a 2-0 deficit, we should have been playing out time.
Hamilton have done really well, good luck to them, wish it was us, don't you?

Durachdan,

Eddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBx4kK1SUa4..._dL5HkD7mwHgEII

irrie
Yes Hamilton have done really well just hope they can keep it up for the sake of their loyal fans. As for the Jags we seem to give away a lot of late goals.With experienced defenders in charge im surprised this is allowed to happen.
*pattotap*
I remember the 1971 cup final well. I had just left Glasgow to live in Stockport (England) I was a butcher had just started a job on the Monday asked for the weekend off on the Wednesday sorry was the reply too busy at the weekend to which I replied sorry got a cup final on Saturday not missing it goodbye and walked out. there was no way I was missing thistle in a cup final. what a match remember everything about that day. the next cup final was the Ramsden cup bad day by the way still live in Stockport used to live in Possil in Killearn street.
possilboy
I was at this game 3 0 to the jags 1956
ktv
and not to leave out the second biggest club in Glasgow

yougovs demographics of thistle fans

https://yougov.co.uk/profiler#/Partick_This..._C/demographics

Dimairt
It's Scottish Cup time and we're at home to Hamilton this afternoon. Looking forward to this but will it all end in tears? 'Mon the Jags!

Durachdan,

Eddy
irrie
Not a great record in the Scottish over the years. Hope we can at least get past this round.
JAGZ1876
I think we can get a win today without the pressure of picking up league points, if not then it let's us concentrate on the league.

C'mon the Jags
Dave Grieve
Well done the THIISELL thumbup.gif
Dimairt
A perfect Saturday afternoon with my youngest boy at the home of football in Glasgow. Good cup-tie, plenty of incidents, two fine goals in a Jags win, pie and bovril both piping hot on a rather cold day, Imrie sent off. Poor crowd though and it was only 5 for students and us pensioners.

Durachdan,

Eddy

PS - Going to Crystal Palace v Aston Villa on Tuesday night.
Dimairt
Enjoyed my visit to Selhurst Park last night to see Crystal Palace v Aston Villa. Good ground, friendly fans; reasonable price too, only 21.
I think I may have chosen to follow the English version of the Jags though: lots of possession, pretty football but no punch unless you count the sucker punch from a really boring, time-wasting, injury-feigning Villa. Referee was poor.
I'm learning to speak 'sarf-London' English.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
Looking forward to today's game, confident of picking up all three points and continuing the tractor drivers dismal run.

Dimairt
Still down in Englandshire. Could you hurl some abuse at the Ref for me please JagZ? Should be a home win, I think.

Durachdan,

Eddy
irrie
Looks like a miserable afternoon for the game. Hope the result cheers us up.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 6th Dec 2014, 10:21am) *
Could you hurl some abuse at the Ref for me please JagZ?

Durachdan,

Eddy

That goes without saying Eddy. laugh.gif

And yes irrie, the forecast is rain all afternoon which means we probably won't see a lot of good football (when do we ever? laugh.gif ) so i expect to see the ball in the air quite a lot.

2-0 Jags.
JAGZ1876
Dreadful conditions and a dreadful match, we really never got going in a game that was ours for the taking as Killie never really looked like bothering us after they scored.

Our forwards are struggling again, the fact that a defender scored (Seaborne took his first goal for us well though) bears this out.

Still, with Motherwell, St Mirren and Ross County all losing, a point is better than poke in the eye with a jaggy stick. laugh.gif
ashfield
Well done, what a great result for the Celtic Jags tongue.gif
JAGZ1876
I never saw this result coming, well done the Jags, and with the other results going our way plus Gary Harkins being sent off and will miss next weeks game it's a good weekend all round.

andypisces
Thistle at their unpredictable best, love it.
JAGZ1876
Another two points dropped, we should have been comfortably ahead then get hit by a last minute sucker punch.

Who'd be a Jags fan? unsure.gif
irrie
We are throwing away any chance of sixth place by losing late goals.

JAGZ1876
Didn't make it to the game today, by all accounts we should have had a draw at least.

With two tough home games against Celtic and Dundee Utd next we really could have done with something from this match.

Ps, not one of the four Glasgow sides won today, that can't happen very often, can it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.