Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partick Thistle
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (hubert @ 14th Aug 2012, 11:14pm) *
Goodness bloody gracious that must have been a sizzler!
I remember PT vaguely, probably best that way! LoL
Was it Jackie Husband that had the great long throwin, and Willie Redpath he was a goodyin, midfielder I believe!

A bit before my time Hubert.
irrie
Jackie Husband had a very long association with The Jags and a stand at Firhill is named in his honour.Willie Redpath I think of as a Motherwell player. Dont remember him at Firhill but i could be wrong.[wouldnt be the first time]. Cheers
hubert
QUOTE (irrie @ 15th Aug 2012, 09:14am) *
Jackie Husband had a very long association with The Jags and a stand at Firhill is named in his honour.Willie Redpath I think of as a Motherwell player. Dont remember him at Firhill but i could be wrong.[wouldnt be the first time]. Cheers

My mistake, Redpath did play for Motherwell! smile.gif
andypisces
Good away win today for THE JAGS. That makes six in a row. Can any of you remember that great run we had , i think 19 without defeat only to be shut down by the bad snow in the winter. finished third .
A Mackinnon
Always considered the "Jags" my wee team!!!and went to see them at Firhill on many occasions (used to stand in front of the pie/bovril hutch with all the Dockers from Anderson & the Haugh). Even after all these years & no matter what Div they are in, I always check their score.
Come on the Partick Thisteeeeeeeeeeeeellll
irrie
QUOTE (andypisces @ 18th Aug 2012, 06:37pm) *
Good away win today for THE JAGS. That makes six in a row. Can any of you remember that great run we had , i think 19 without defeat only to be shut down by the bad snow in the winter. finished third .

If i remember right the first game back after about a 2 month freeze was at Love St. Dont think we won a game from then till the end of the season and still finished 3rd. Honestly think we would have won the league. Was it Willie Thornton who was manager at the time.?
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 18th Aug 2012, 08:17pm) *
If i remember right the first game back after about a 2 month freeze was at Love St. Dont think we won a game from then till the end of the season and still finished 3rd. Honestly think we would have won the league. Was it Willie Thornton who was manager at the time.?

Your correct irrie, a bit before my time but the Jags finished third in 1962/63 under Willie Thornton, we also finished third in seasons 1947/48 & 1953/54 under David Meiklejohn, those two seasons were probably way be before you and andypisces time as well.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (A Mackinnon @ 18th Aug 2012, 06:56pm) *
Always considered the "Jags" my wee team!!

I know what you mean Mac, it's always good to adopt a team from the lower divisions (a diddy team if you will) i think i'll make The Rangers mine this season. wink.gif
wombat
rolleyes.gif doo wah diddy diddy dom diddy TOO thumbup.gif
A Mackinnon
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 18th Aug 2012, 11:06pm) *
I know what you mean Mac, it's always good to adopt a team from the lower divisions (a diddy team if you will) i think i'll make The Rangers mine this season. wink.gif

Good choice Jag, make up for supporting the HABs laugh.gif "GO, LEAFS GO" thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (A Mackinnon @ 19th Aug 2012, 03:09pm) *
Good choice Jag, make up for supporting the HABs laugh.gif "GO, LEAFS GO" thumbup.gif

You won't have your thumb up when we come calling at the Air Canada Center on 13th October mac, it will be definitely thumbs down as the Habs blow the Leafs out of the rink laugh.gif
andypisces
Habs and Leafs ..lol... why not support an up coming team like the sens. just like the Jags they are on the way up
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (andypisces @ 19th Aug 2012, 06:07pm) *
Habs and Leafs ..lol... why not support an up coming team like the sens. just like the Jags they are on the way up

The Sens had a good season, but this is the Habs year, i can feel it in my water smile.gif
andypisces

, i can feel it in my water

Too much spicy food i'm afraid not an indication of habs succes

Elma
Partick Thistle was my 'second team' as we lived in the West End but my first had to be Queen of the South (who?? huh.gif ) because my hometown is Annan!

And boys, we all know its Canucks for the Cup biggrin.gif thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (andypisces @ 19th Aug 2012, 07:36pm) *
, i can feel it in my water

Too much spicy food i'm afraid not an indication of habs succes

You may be right Andy laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Elma @ 19th Aug 2012, 09:46pm) *
And boys, we all know its Canucks for the Cup biggrin.gif thumbup.gif

I predict a riot tongue.gif
andypisces
never knew to drink this much before Elma....Canucks for the cup???????
A Mackinnon
Lord Stanley is coming home to Toronto were he belongs.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (A Mackinnon @ 20th Aug 2012, 01:55am) *
Lord Stanley is coming home to Toronto were he belongs.

Yes, the urn with his ashes in it biggrin.gif
Elma
laugh.gif Good one! laugh.gif
Dave Grieve
Only on the Partick Thistle topic could you have 12 straight posts about a non football non Scottish sport subject laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
Morning Dave, you're right we did get a bit carried away but the Scots/Canucks and myself are as passionate about hockey (Ice) as we are about fitba.

I don't suppose Ice Hockey is popular in SA or is it?

Anyway two of us are Thistle fans and the other two are half Thistle fans.

Back on topic, we can equal or best ever start to a season of 6 consecutive wins if we can beat Dumbarton at Firhill on Saturday, the record was set in season 1975/76.

C'mon the Jags thumbup.gif
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 21st Aug 2012, 08:41am) *

I don't suppose Ice Hockey is popular in SA or is it?

Ice skating Ice hockey HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
andypisces
[quote name='Dave Grieve' date='21st Aug 2012, 07:00am' post='3585668']
Only on the Partick Thistle topic could you have 12 straight posts about a non football non Scottish sport subject laugh.gif

Also without a nasty quip about each other. Firhill for thrills and for me in late sept early oct
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (andypisces @ 21st Aug 2012, 03:55pm) *
Also without a nasty quip about each other. Firhill for thrills and for me in late sept early oct

A far better class of punter, civil..........Nae Riff Raff Allowed. tongue.gif

I hope you get along to see a game Andy, but we only have one home game in October, against Airdrie United on the 20th.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 21st Aug 2012, 02:52pm) *
Ice skating Ice hockey HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Now Dave you wouldn't be laughing if a big defenceman slammed you into the boards laugh.gif
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 21st Aug 2012, 05:54pm) *
Now Dave you wouldn't be laughing if a big defenceman slammed you into the boards laugh.gif

I believe you Jagz its just the only ice rink I can think about in Joburg is inside a shopping mall where everybody seems to hold onto the rail as they go round and round
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 22nd Aug 2012, 09:23am) *
I believe you Jagz its just the only ice rink I can think about in Joburg is inside a shopping mall where everybody seems to hold onto the rail as they go round and round

I used to do that at Crossmyloof ice rink as well, i couldn't even go roller skates, i suppose you can only have indoor rinks in SA, as an outdoor one would just be a puddle biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
Jags 4 - Hamilton A 0, while i'm delighted with our 100% league record, i have to say the Accies were really poor.

No league game next week as we are hosting Raith Rovers next Sunday in the Ramsdens Cup Quarter Final.
A Mackinnon
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Sep 2012, 06:31pm) *
Jags 4 - Hamilton A 0, while i'm delighted with our 100% league record, i have to say the Accies were really poor.

No league game next week as we are hosting Raith Rovers next Sunday in the Ramsdens Cup Quarter Final.

Com'n the Jags, well today anyway tongue.gif , Rangers Vs Partick Thistle in the final...Yeeeesssss!!!!
irrie
Calm down fellas when was the last time The Jags did well in a cup. Unless im having a senior moment it was a long time ago. Good result today but just seems to underline my point couldnt score against them in the cup during the week. Cheers
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 1st Sep 2012, 08:28pm) *
Calm down fellas when was the last time The Jags did well in a cup. Unless im having a senior moment it was a long time ago. Good result today but just seems to underline my point couldnt score against them in the cup during the week. Cheers

I know what you mean irrie, the only cup i bother about is the Scottish cup as i feel the other two cups just distract from the more important league fixtures.
jimmyd
QUOTE (irrie @ 1st Sep 2012, 09:28pm) *

Here ye go Irrie I posted this a while back on the Old Firm thread , but now it has a proper home. tongue.gif

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/scottish...Partick+Thistle
A Mackinnon
Good clip Jimmyd, I just love looking at these old films, even tho my "wee team" beat my "big team" that day ohmy.gif
irrie
QUOTE (jimmyd @ 3rd Sep 2012, 03:34pm) *
Here ye go Irrie I posted this a while back on the Old Firm thread , but now it has a proper home. tongue.gif

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/scottish...Partick+Thistle

Thanks jimmyd. Might be a Thistle v Rangers final in the wee cup. Will the Jags be the big team.
irrie
The Jags v Raith is live on BBC Alba at 4PM on Sunday. Cheers
Dimairt
Good to see the Jags doing well this season, I was at the Raith Rovers game yesterday. If any GG members have weans or grand-children, it's worth noting that children under16 get free admission to all home League games; there is a special section set aside for them.
Details on the Jags website, see link below. C'mon, support your local team!

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://ptfc.co.uk/fans/young_supporter_packages
andypisces
Heading for glasgow and will get to see the cowdenbeath game at firhill.
A Mackinnon
[quote name='Dimairt' date='10th Sep 2012, 07:33pm' post='3588798']
Good to see the Jags doing well this season, I was at the Raith Rovers game yesterday. If any GG members have weans or grand-children, it's worth noting that children under16 get free admission to all home League games; there is a special section set aside for them.
Details on the Jags website, see link below. C'mon, support your local team!

Durachdan,

Eddy

Does that mean the weans never get the thrill of being lifted over the turnstiles & & running like the clappers to get away from the gate & lost in the crowd? laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
I'll take a home draw against anyone in the semi, but please not an away tie to Cowdenbeath, next best away to QOS.
hubert
Could be the Maryhill Magyars v QOS!
irrie
Last nights result probably leaves The Jags as favourites. Ah dont like that at all.
JAGZ1876
Being the only first division side left in the cup, surely we were the favourites even before last night result.
JAGZ1876
Away to Cowdungbeath, in terms of a good day out, not good, but we should beat them.
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 19th Sep 2012, 04:42pm) *
Away to Cowdungbeath, in terms of a good day out, not good, but we should beat them.

An heres me thinkin thistle fan can aw spell ohmy.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 19th Sep 2012, 03:53pm) *
An heres me thinkin thistle fan can aw spell ohmy.gif

Have you ever been to Cowdenbeath Dave?

If not, then you'll just have to take my word for it when i say i got the spelling right on my last post laugh.gif
hubert
I am in a good mood, didnae play great, but come to think of it, I never could, played 27 holes this efternoon so here.

Cowdenbeath 0 - 1 Partick Thistle: Thistle secure first final for 41 years.

Partick Thistle reached their first national final since their famous 4-1 League Cup success over Celtic in 1971 with a hard-fought Ramsdens Challenge Cup semi-final win over First Division rivals Cowdenbeath yesterday. The win came courtesy of Steven Craig’s solitary goal.
andypisces
Jagz, been looking for the date of the final. do you know? widnae mind comin ower for it. Missed the last one and still kicking myself so i dont want tae miss anither
JAGZ1876
Hi Andy, the final is on Sunday 7th April (so plenty of time to save up) venue still to be announced, but my money would be on Rugby Park, outside bet Fir Park, personally i would choose an SFL ground (Airdrie or Livingston) stuff the SPL, but who cares, we're in the final cool.gif thumbup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.