Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jock's Loaf
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Glasgow Memories > Glasgow Memories > Food and Drink
Robin
Anyone got a recipe for Jock's Loaf? Can't seem to get this anywhere in Glasgow now. I recently got one in a bakers in Helensburgh but since the Pantry shut down in Partick, I can't get one anywhere. And why did the Pantry shut down? It always seemed to do a roaring trade.
Anne1
JOCK'S TEA LOAF

2 c. flour
1 c. sugar (half white, half brown)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ginger
1 egg
1/2 tsp. spice
1/4 c. butter
1 c. raisins, currants or chopped dates

Sift dry ingredients together. Cream butter and sugar together. Beat egg and add to butter mixture. Add alternately milk and flour mix, stirring well. Add fruit of choice. Grease and flour 2 small loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

http://www.cooks.com

dont know where to get one but heres recipe for you hope it helps
angel
hello Anne I'll try this myself.. Ta smile.gif
Elma
Who was Jock?
Melody
You can still get Jock's Loaf at McCutcheons at the barras I think. smile.gif
benny
Hivnae tasted - or even seen - a wee Jock's loaf fur years. Used tae love them spread thick wi fresh butter - nice, crusty ootside an soft, fruity inside. They seem tae hiv vanished alang wi Cream Cookies an Ayton Sandwiches.
trisha 51
hiya anna could you tell me what flour to use plain or s raisen
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 28th Oct 2010, 11:37pm) *
JOCK'S TEA LOAF

2 c. flour
1 c. sugar (half white, half brown)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ginger
1 egg
1/2 tsp. spice
1/4 c. butter
1 c. raisins, currants or chopped dates

Sift dry ingredients together. Cream butter and sugar together. Beat egg and add to butter mixture. Add alternately milk and flour mix, stirring well. Add fruit of choice. Grease and flour 2 small loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

http://www.cooks.com

dont know where to get one but heres recipe for you hope it helps

Connie
just noticed this today...funnily enough i was in O'Neils bakery in Alexander Parade and saw them...had to buy one of course
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.