Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Melody
Come on The Fort. smile.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (Melody @ 17th Sep 2010, 09:24am) *
Come on The Fort. smile.gif

Ah didnae know Easterhoose wiz in it rolleyes.gif
andypisces
Melody i am for the fort too. spent many happy days during school holidays in fort william and watched shinty
Melody
You and I will be shouting for them Andy. smile.gif As for you Ash whit can ah say? laugh.gif
Elma
O.K. so who is the other team, maybe I'll give them a wee shout!! laugh.gif
Melody
Naw Elma yer no allowed. laugh.gif It's Kingussie but just shout quietly for them Elma, if ye have to laugh.gif
Melody
Hooray.....the cup is going to The Fort tonight. smile.gif
Melody
smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lztiCxIxpdA
Lennox
QUOTE (Melody @ 18th Sep 2010, 05:21pm) *
Hooray.....the cup is going to The Fort tonight. smile.gif

Melody excuse my ignorance , but is that a good thing , am thinking Hockey ? huh.gif
Melody
You'll likely know it as hockey Lennox but the rules are different. Highlanders of Scotland have taken the game all over the world although they call it hockey and the likes and Aye, it's good Fort William won. laugh.gif
Lennox
Well in that case good on em biggrin.gif
Melody
laugh.gif
ashfield
That's a wee bit greedy, they've won it for the last 4 years laugh.gif

I think they were a tad lucky, but good luck to them anyway biggrin.gif
Elma
Hooray, hooray (quietly) laugh.gif tongue.gif
Melody
laugh.gif Elma. Ash, the reason they've won it 4 times is because they are the best. Good job you said good luck to them. laugh.gif
ashfield
Melody, I've been watching the Shinty since the Beeb started showing it. I have no reason to support one team rather than another, and I know he's not in your team, but Ronald Ross is a genius. Did you see, earlier in the season, the goalie that saved a shot on goal with his head ohmy.gif He just got on as if nothing had happened.
Melody
Oh Ash, I know that they're a tough lot. I've only been interested in it this last wee while. I can't understand why they don't all have headgear.
Elma
I have two nephews who used to play shinty, they both lived in Inverness. Don't think it would be "manly" to wear headgear etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.