Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black Watch
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
pumps100
Members who live in the South East of England, or people who might be visiting London, might be interested to know the National Theatre of Scotland's highly acclaimed play "Black Watch" will be on at London's Barbican theatre from November this year through to January 2011. It is definitely not a pantomime!

The play has toured the world to great success and due to the stage set up it cannot be staged in conventional theatres as the audience is seated all around a square 'stage'.

It is a powerful and moving play not for the faint-hearted. My wife and I saw it two years ago. Because of the stage set-up audience numbers for each performance are low so tickets can be very sought after - many were changing hands at three times face value on ebay. Now might be a chance to get in early.

Black Watch returns to the Barbican with a brand new cast following its outstanding success at the 2009 Olivier Awards.

Forcibly throwing us into the frontline soldier’s experience – the boredom, the profanity, the day to day danger and the gallows humour of uniquely close-knit comrades – the show takes us beyond the all too easy image of soldiers as heroes or villains.

Today, as the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan touch us in different ways, Black Watch opens our perception to the complex and uncomfortable reality of war. This is political theatre that is still as relevant and urgent as ever.

For ticketing info:

http://www.barbican.org.uk/theatre/event-d...artform%20email

Regards

Ian
joycewilson
Yeah a good play pumps, my son has it on dvd...worth seeing....
Zorro
Thinking of going along to see it next month when it is in Glasgow. Heard a lot of good reports about it.
joycewilson
Worth seeng....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.