Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ' Joey ' - The Bush Kangaroo
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > Images Chit Chat
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
Tommy Kennedy
I think Joey is worthy of his very own threead

the wifie went out walking today guess what she found ?SKIPPY.
You have been sent 4 pictures.--Says wombat.

Tommy Kennedy

Tommy Kennedy

then the wifie found this at the vet's ,phew! saves me aw that runnin aroon , notice different teat, he likes variety .

was feeding joey on this .cos there's been no female wombats around to milk,and female roo's(does ) are too hard to chase and milk at the same time
Tommy Kennedy
joey had a hurl in the caur yesterday,wifie took him tae the vet,checked oot okay,hes 170 days old and needs tae be in the pouch another 100 days then he is allowed tae roam aroon the gerdin,
we urr gonny caw him TOMMY coz he likes the attention fie aw the wimmen an likes tae show aff his long legs
Tommy Kennedy
More from Wombat:
wee joey's doin great tommy.the dug's like him tae.
You have been sent 4 pictures.

TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Tommy Kennedy @ 30th Apr 2010, 11:28am) *
... the dug's like him tae.

Noted by the wagging tail biggrin.gif
benny
QUOTE (Tommy Kennedy @ 30th Apr 2010, 10:25am) *
. . . .we urr gonny caw him TOMMY coz he likes the attention fie aw the wimmen an likes tae show aff his long legs

Aye, Wombat, there's a strong facial resemblance anaw. biggrin.gif
wombat
laugh.gif you noticed the large teeth as well then benny?
benny
Well, ah wis thinkin merr o that long, firm jawline denotin resolution an determination as befits a croc hunter, but if you think Tommy's wallies ur a ringer, ah bow tae your superior knowledge. smile.gif
wombat
ten 4 m8 smile.gif
Tommy Kennedy
I'm gonna have to ask my G/son - who is in Oz - to pay you a visit, Wombat. rolleyes.gif
And you Benny are on very thin ice - you don't know who your messin' wi' - I have friends in very low places tongue.gif
wombat
"tommy "joey has tae be cerried some o the time (to simulate being in the pouch)sbeen scrambled eggs evry mornin since hes been here m8 Hee! Hee! ah widny miss it furr quids tommy biggrin.gif
Tommy Kennedy
Just pm'd you, re your pm, fotos.

Told you, on showing my young G/kids 'Joey' - Jonny the youngest said I should ask you if you can find another wee one and we could ask his cousin Calvin - who's in Oz to collect it and bring it back with him later in the year rolleyes.gif
Tommy Kennedy
QUOTE (wombat @ 1st May 2010, 12:50am) *
"tommy "joey has tae be cerried some o the time (to simulate being in the pouch)sbeen scrambled eggs evry mornin since hes been here m8 Hee! Hee! ah widny miss it furr quids tommy biggrin.gif

That's info we want and what my young G/kids want to know - young Jonny is making up a 'Show and tell' with fotos for his class. I printed off some fotos for him that he took to school and teacher suggested it's what he should do
Tommy Kennedy
joey's mobile pouch (auld army bag) photos of joeys daily journey wie the wifie, smellin the grasses etc! the wee flooers R australian bluebells.
You have been sent 4 pictures.

benny
This wean gets merr like Tommy by the minute - noo it's runnin aboot wi auld bags. smile.gif

Naw, ye're daein sterling service here, Tommy. The photies are very interesting
Tommy Kennedy
I'll show you auld bags, Benny, here are 2 dolly birds I pulled last night tongue.gif

benny
Aye, ah hiv tae admit the Meals On Wheels ladies are gettin prettier than they used tae be! smile.gif
Tommy Kennedy
More from Wombat
joey being weighed,hes put on 100 grams since wednesday,today is monday.cheers.
You have been sent 3 pictures.

benny
The poor wee sowel looks like a changeling in that first picture. Ye'll need tae start him oan the Cod Liver Oil an the Orange Juice, Wombat. smile.gif
wombat
laugh.gif the wee buggers well looked after benny 8 feeds a day.
benny
Eight feeds a day? An ah thought ah wis a glutton! smile.gif
wombat
he'll be ridin that surfboard soon benny laugh.gif
Tommy Kennedy
So, whatt will be the future for Joey,Wombat? Will he hang about your spread, become a pet, when he's capable of looking after himself or go off with other roos?
wombat
tommy they usually stick around ,especially when spoiled , but he can make up his own mind when ready biggrin.gif
Tommy Kennedy
http://www.dfat.gov.au/facts/kangaroos.html

Wee Jonny, my youngest G/son came home from school with above web address for roos. With Wombats pics and his 'show and tell' he has the whole class studying roos - he downloaded all 'Joey's' pics to disc for class computers.
He, like me and his class didn't know the babby roos were called Joeys.

So, Wombat, your 'Joey' has a class room of kids - mostly 10 year olds - all fans of Joey and wanting to 'follow' his life!!!
wombat
10 four tommy biggrin.gif
benny
Encouragin the weans in Nature Study is an excellent idea - as long as they don't want tae start studyin Wombats, Tommy. smile.gif
wombat
ph34r.gif got sumpkin against wombats have yie mate?well let me tell aw you humans ,us wombats are sick of being run ower by you lot so SLOW DOWN when driving oot in the country o.k.m8 hee!hee!
wombat
HOW JOEY WAS RESCUED

it was on the saturday of the ANZAC day long weekend ,wifie was out for her usual morning stroll but not as early as usual B cos of IDIOTS racing around and shooting the night B4 when she reached the top of our driveway our 3 little dogs who were ahead and on a wombat mound began barking so she went to look and found the joey in a hollow ,he had mud spattered on him ,dried out by the morning sun ,poor wee fella had been out all night as i remember hearing rain on the roof at 1am,it was 11 am when he was found,we think the idiots/neds drivin around the night B4 chasin roos around and shooting at them may have seperated joey and his mum from the rest of the MOB ,joey was weak in his hind legs and could barely stand so she picked him up and brought him home where it was warm and dry and he could be cleaned and fed .

more to come later biggrin.gif
Tommy Kennedy
Oh, good, Wombat, I'll pass it on to wee Jonny for his class-mates. They won't be happy to hear some having been shooting the roos -am I right to tell him it's illegal to shoot the roos where you are and in east Oz? - Was in the 50s
penny dainty
He is the cutest wee thing , that photo wi the flower made me go awwwwwwww wub.gif
wombat
QUOTE (Tommy Kennedy @ 6th May 2010, 12:46am) *
Oh, good, Wombat, I'll pass it on to wee Jonny for his class-mates. They won't be happy to hear some having been shooting the roos -am I right to tell him it's illegal to shoot the roos where you are and in east Oz? - Was in the 50s

YES tommy its still illegal to shoot roos where ah live, these idiots need their erse kicked. mad.gif only sickos dae this tae animals.

wombat
penny dainty they eat they wee flooers.so dae emus anaw biggrin.gif
Tommy Kennedy
merr foties of joey for wee johnny and classmates tommy.
You have been sent 5 pictures.
(He and his mates will love these, Wombat)

Tommy Kennedy

Great pics, Wombat!
penny dainty
Really lovely pics of the wee Joey Wombat , so cute when they are small.It never ceases to amaze me when i see them roaming around the countryside , lovely beasties they are.
All to many of them fall prey to traffic on the roads unfortunately , you often see dead ones at the side of the road .like you see rabbits in the uk .
We went from NSW to Queensland via the New England Highway one year and i was apalled at the amount of roadkill there was.
I hope this wee joey has a long and fruitful life.
Thanks for the P.M Tommy.
Tommy Kennedy
Tommy Kennedy
carmella
Oh my goodness is this not the cutest little thing - wee Joey and the wee boy too.

Glad little Joey was rescued, I just think he is so cute, made my day to see this.

well done on the pictures Tommy and a wee round of applause to you and your lady Wombat for being so kind and caring to this little creature. xx
TeeHeeHee
Great thread you two (Wom & Tom)biggrin.gif
Interesting to watch Joey's development. No wonder wee Jonny loves it.
Power to your elbows, Mr and Mrs Wombat tongue.gif
Tommy Kennedy
Aye.....Thee, and wee Jonny 'mastered Photobucket' at first go - tho' he did post it twice - so he's cleverer than you as well rolleyes.gif
wombat
biggrin.gif will see if i can take a wee movie of joey and send to you tommy
Tommy Kennedy
Jonny, will like that.
penny dainty
Thats lovely you got Jonny to say thank , dead cute too.
Tommy Kennedy
Just thinking, Wombat: You should send some fotos of Joey to the Oz film board - there is great scope there for an 'Animated film' of the life of a an 'Orphaned roo' -suggesting that to them.
'Skippy -the Bush kangaroo' was a world wide success, even in U.S. and the Oz tourist board are looking for ways to publicse Oz.
wombat
laugh.gif there wis fourteen skippy's tommy they kept pissin off intae the boosh
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Tommy Kennedy @ 8th May 2010, 12:26am) *
Aye.....Thee, and wee Jonny 'mastered Photobucket' at first go - tho' he did post it twice - so he's cleverer than you as well rolleyes.gif

That wouldn't take much ... even you're cleverer than me ( but no' as good lookin' ) laugh.gif
benny
QUOTE (Tommy Kennedy @ 8th May 2010, 12:59am) *
Just thinking, Wombat: You should send some fotos of Joey to the Oz film board - there is great scope there for an 'Animated film' of the life of a an 'Orphaned roo' -suggesting that to them. . .

Even better, Tommy, how aboot a thriller - "Joey Meets Crocodile Tommy". Wee Joey could be threatened by a rogue crocodile that's been stalkin Wombat's property, an you could be ower oan a visit. Ah can see it aw noo - poor wee Joey shakin wi fear as the croc slithers towards him, Wombat raises his rifle tae pot the croc an save wee Joey, but - he cannae shoot - he mebbe hit Joey by mistake. Crocodile Tommy strides manfully forward an says, "Leave it tae me, Wombat". A deadly hand tae hand combat ensues between man and croc. Close ups o wee Joey, panic stricken, an Wombat, staunin in open mouthed wonder, as you dispatch the croc wi wan deft flick o yer Swss Army knife. biggrin.gif
Tommy Kennedy
Naw, naw Benny, I've never taken advantage of any beast using a weapon - that's unfair - the trick with crocs is to leap over their gaping mouth, land on their back, with both hands grab and bend back their head still it snaps. It's a humane way to dispatch them tongue.gif
I will confess to using a knife when I've been shark fighting coz they're very slippy to get a hold of - the thing to remember with sharks - they only attack you if you're wet laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.