Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The ' Holy ' Blair
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Tommy Kennedy
Didn't I keep saying he was a religous fanatic!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/ma...rica?CMP=AFCYAH

Blair is preparing to launch a "faith offensive" across the United States over the next year, after building up relationships with a network of influential religious leaders and faith organisations.
dugald
QUOTE (Tommy Kennedy @ 14th Mar 2010, 01:18pm) *
Didn't I keep saying he was a religous fanatic!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/ma...rica?CMP=AFCYAH

Blair is preparing to launch a "faith offensive" across the United States over the next year, after building up relationships with a network of influential religious leaders and faith organisations.

Ah read it Tommy, 'n ye spoiled ma bloody day! The only good thing about him carrying his religious torch through North America, is that there is a better chance of him being assassinated there.
Cash-Ma-Giro
Well, good old Tony always considered himself as being revered by one and all, so no surprises at that story then. Click to view attachment
TeeHeeHee
The TONY BLAIR Faith Foundation says it all.
Name up in lights again in his further attempt to be one of The Worlds 10 Most influential Leaders. I notice he still has his affiliation to the CIA but this time in form of the Center for Interfaith Action.
Click to view attachment
Blair's status is such that he is now called on to sprinkle Stardust at religious gatherings.

Wonder if he'll be called on to help out here?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2009...necticut-church
Tommy Kennedy
What can be more dangerous than a relgious fanatic in a position of power. 'What a sucker' I've got here, Bush must have thought - Bush the phony Christian, but knowing how he could harness the prejudices of the U.S. relgious fanatics. Then Blair thinking 'I can use Bush'. We should be thankful that Bush was the phony and not Blair or the wars would have included Iran and tens of thousands more innocents would have been slaughtered and many of our own soldiers.

Remember Bush at the inquiry saying Iran should be taken on
'Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition'
(Anyone remember that old song?'
There is nothing to support any claim that Tony Blair is a fanatic. Could it be that some members here regard anyone who practices or proselytises a religion as a fanatic?
Melody
I can't stop laughing at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dryBNYaj1sA
carmella
QUOTE (Tommy Kennedy @ 14th Mar 2010, 04:32pm) *
What can be more dangerous than a relgious fanatic in a position of power. 'What a sucker' I've got here, Bush must have thought - Bush the phony Christian, but knowing how he could harness the prejudices of the U.S. relgious fanatics. Then Blair thinking 'I can use Bush'. We should be thankful that Bush was the phony and not Blair or the wars would have included Iran and tens of thousands more innocents would have been slaughtered and many of our own soldiers.

Remember Bush at the inquiry saying Iran should be taken on
'Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition'
(Anyone remember that old song?'

Absolutely Tommy - Bush knew only too well what carries votes in the States and, who carries them - no fool eh!

Like Melody, I find this hilarious ! He and Tony must have had some interesting discussions during their respective time in Office. If Tony Blair was a true Christian and, wanted to become a Catholic I still think, if his faith was so important to him (I mean over his earning capacity, world standing as a Political Leader and the fabric of all that he held true) then he would have converted to Catholicism long ago. But, he obviously thought his 'desire' to convert would be a hindrance to his moving to greater things, hardly what I imagine a true Christian to feel or believe. Then again, I'm one of life's cynics.
bilbo.s
No, Carmella - you are one of life´s sceptics- Blair is the cynic!
Rab-oldname
Was this the most stupid man ever elected President of the USA?

CLICK
Melody
Well lets hope so Rab. I doubt if I've ever listened to quite so much drivel ever before.
So much so that I cringe for the stupid man.
wombat
QUOTE (dugald @ 14th Mar 2010, 01:44pm) *
Ah read it Tommy, 'n ye spoiled ma bloody day! The only good thing about him carrying his religious torch through North America, is that there is a better chance of him being assassinated there.

laugh.gif cool.gif
Melody
Being a lady I did try no tae laugh at that Wombat but failed miserably. laugh.gif

Nothing changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pih1hVdflnQ
wombat
QUOTE (Melody @ 14th Mar 2010, 08:32pm) *
Being a lady I did try no tae laugh at that Wombat but failed miserably. laugh.gif

ahm cool.gif wie that melody

Nothing changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pih1hVdflnQ

carmella
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 14th Mar 2010, 06:37pm) *
No, Carmella - you are one of life´s sceptics- Blair is the cynic!

I think I may be both Bilbo.s, but I do agree that Blair comes across to me as being a cynic.
Melody
Blair belongs on stage but not the political stage, possibly the Glasgow Pavilion. laugh.gif The man is nothing more than an actor, he was brilliant at his part in the beginning introducing ' New Labour' until we all saw through New Labour. They snuggled up so close to the Tories that it was difficult to tell which was which. Now we have all single issue politics as they do in America. He is an ideal candidate to take on his Billy Graham role across America. I just hope that they keep him there.
carmella
Does Tony Blair not get something of the order of 500,000 for each fifteen minute public appearance or public speaking engagements? I seem to recall reading this somewhere.

Certainly, he (and the Mrs.) earn a lot more now since leaving No. 10.
Tommy Kennedy
Remember Bush at the inquiry saying Iran should be taken on sorry, I meant of course;
'Blair' at the Iraq inquiry
Yes, we laugh, BUT we had 2 very dangerous men in great positions of power, responsible for the slaughter of many innocents and 'feeding' the Islamic fanatics,Both a gift to them!

OH, make no mistake, Carmella in Blairs mind he IS a very scincere Christian and in his mind all his lies are justifiable as he is doing God's work
Rabbie
Thatcher + Reagan!

Bush (Snr, chickenshit XV1) & Brat + Blair!

Broon + O'Bama!

Wit a line up, some of the worst comedians the world has endured.

Nea wonder the rest of the world is moving away frea us with their sides splitting wi laughter.

Given the choice out yon shower, I wid settle fur Maggie. Love her or hate her, she had baws of steel and dinnea run away like a squealing schoolroom sissy when the going got tough.

She wis nah angel, mind ye, ah ken that.
carmella
Rabbie I agree with you actually on Margaret Thatcher. I think she was a great political figure. Although not popular when she tried to make Scotland be the first to pay the Poll Tax and, did have to step down on that issue.

As you rightly pointed out, she never ran away from anything and was very strong willed - perhaps that was her downfall within her own party, remember she was stabbed in the back and, I do remember feeling quite sorry for her when all of that was going on. Where is Michael Heseltine now I ask myself, he gained absolutely nothing for himself, despite all the effort he put into ousting her from No.10 - oh how the mighty fall. She was never afraid to stand her ground - which is what I most admired. I recall reading a book about her in the late 80s and she had more balls and brains than the entire cabinet here and, overseas put together.

But, at the end of the day we are well and truly stuffed on an international level because of who we have in power at the moment. It is no wonder the rest of Europe are laughing up their sleeves at us, both here and Stateside.
Tommy Kennedy
hmmmmm......Sounds like Rabbie had a wee thing for Maggie tongue.gif

Well I'd agree with one thing about her, she was no hypocrite; did not hide her contempt for the poor and the weak and even the mentaly ill.

Och there are more important things to discuss, got more pics from Wombat to post. What has that Mitzy been up to, is she still putting it about with those dingo dogs? and what great revelations has the Star newspaper to tell us.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (carmella @ 15th Mar 2010, 10:33am) *
... Margaret Thatcher ... I think she was a great political figure ... She was never afraid to stand her ground ... It is no wonder the rest of Europe are laughing up their sleeves at us

The rest of Europe are openly laughing now. In a recent discussion with some mates here on the subject of Islamic migration an English friend pulled a German friend about the mass influx of Turks here in the sixties. He was curtly told that the Turks, even when disliked by many had, after all, been German allies and were helping to rebuild Germany, your lot have only been allowed in to rebuild your government.
Rabbie
QUOTE (Tommy Kennedy @ 15th Mar 2010, 10:45am) *
hmmmmm......Sounds like Rabbie had a wee thing for Maggie tongue.gif

Aye, like Sir Alex of Edinburgh. ave goat a wee "thing" fur dominant wimin!.

biggrin.gif

The aspects of Maggie you mention Tommy, I did not like them in the least; as fur yon poll tax caper. When all that rammy was going aon I was oot o' country and exempt, so didnea get caught up in it. I know the way it was implemented and handled was a unmitigated cock up of biblical proportions. Tomi can tell ye aboot a few of those!

Noo then, if people can get so hept up like that, why cannea they dae that noo and get rid of this shower of new labour. Oh wait nea need fur us tae vote, jist bring some foreigners in to dea that and oor joabs fur us.

I am sensing a general political apathy? Ah hope no, we need to get shot of that lot, another Labour term jist disnea bear thinking aboot. I am no really intae change fur changes sake, but this is an exception.

Auntie Carmella, as fur that poisonous rattlesnake Heckleswine. low as a vipers belly doesnea dea that wan any justice at awe. Ah wonder wit snake infested cesspit he is slithering arrond in noo, then again ah cannea be bothered to find up. I didnea laugh when she left No 10, I felt compassion for her, I could see that she was a woman destroyed by duplicitious backstabing cowards.

Tommy Kennedy
Ah, well, Rabbie, if you fancied Maggie - here's one that should get your pulse racing tongue.gif

Rabbie
QUOTE (Tommy Kennedy @ 15th Mar 2010, 03:19pm) *
Ah, well, Rabbie, if you fancied Maggie - here's one that should get your pulse racing tongue.gif

Jings... Ah'm affski.

Click to view attachment

"I am still very fussy, not desperate, so that young rascal Rabbie will have to wait his turn."

Weel, thats wit she thought of that wan. Phew, hur loss is mah gain!
Tommy Kennedy
Your fancying her and Maggie, Rabbie, is enough to get you 'sectioned' again. tongue.gif I saw her in Cyprus last year, sleeping on a deck chair with mouth wide open, snoring! - not a pretty sight!
carmella
She used to live (maybe still does) in a lovely wee place in Kent a County which I love - well rural Kent not the built up bits.
Rab-oldname
QUOTE (carmella @ 15th Mar 2010, 05:46pm) *
She used to live (maybe still does) in a lovely wee place in Kent a County which I love - well rural Kent not the built up bits.

Carmella, she still does and she is MP for Maidstone and the Weald - just up the road from me. Incidentally, my cousin by marriage, a Glasgow girl, was a Mayor of Maidstone a few years ago.
carmella
QUOTE (Rab @ 15th Mar 2010, 07:21pm) *
Carmella, she still does and she is MP for Maidstone and the Weald - just up the road from me. Incidentally, my cousin by marriage, a Glasgow girl, was a Mayor of Maidstone a few years ago.

Rab my wee China - I have been to your neck of the woods many times. Kent and Sussex I love them both.

Now, here's a wee story for your to savour.

I first started going to Kent when I was just a wee girl. My mother never enjoyed it - too quiet I suspect, so often it was just me and my Dad who would go. We would travel down from Glasgow to Euston on the Starlight Special always my dad would try to get a carriage (the old trains) so that I could go to sleep on the opposite bench to him - often we were lucky to find one. We would get off the train at Euston then go to Victoria, where we would board a train from Victoria to Maidstone - where I still have aunts and cousins living. I also still have an elderly aunt who lives in Ashford - she rings me every Christmas, though it's my turn to ring her this year. Once at Maidstone we would board a train to take us to Headcorn - a much changed station these days - massive compared to the old wee station that we would get off at.

We would then get the bus from Headcorn to Biddenden - my granny's house was the first one on the left as you entered Biddenden - and a quarter of a mile down the road was the village of Biddenden itself - I loved my holidays there and, I loved it in the days when you used to be able to smell the hops - I get a lump in my throat when I think of those days now, as I yearn so much to go back. What stops me, is all the travelling involved, as I would never drive there. Sometimes too, when we were on holiday my Dad and I would catch the bus back to Headcorn Station to watch The Flying Scotsman blow off steam as it passed under the bridge LOL.

Just thought I'd pass this along to you. Is the wee miniature railway still down there>?
Rab-oldname
Carmella! I had forgotten we had spoken of Biddenden before!. The 'Starlight Special' (4.10/- return) - that brings back memories of army leaves and rushing to catch it at Euston. Yes, the wee train is still running, I took the wife out to lunch in Tenterden last week and saw it there. We passed through Biddenden. Remember the 2 Siamese Sisters? Its a beautiful county right enough - but not as good as Sussex which I would say - would I no'? biggrin.gif

This won't do henClick to view attachment
carmella
Tenterden been there many times - David Frost was born there lovely in the summer with all the hanging baskets too.

Yep - "Maids of Biddenden". We canny do this cause we're off topic. laugh.gif
wee davy
Regardless of his personal beliefs, love him or hate him, you cannae fault the man for now trying to promote togetherness,... surely? What better a place to focus a 'crusade' than in the very cauldron of diversity that is USA

Some would have him down as a murderer - but I happen to think he is a man of integrity, where countless people in public life have been found to be wanting of his generation.

He presided over a period where relative calm finally prevailed in Northern Ireland - and I for one applaud his government for directing a lot of much needed public money, into the NHS - which was dying on its feet btw under Maggie.
Leavi
Tommy Kennedy
I go along Davy that there has been some good with the present Labour government, and under Blair - BUT, as I said from the very beginning re Iraq, with Blair it was a Crusade; his 'Personal belief' being a fanatic Christian who was anti-Muslim - his 'to-getherness' won't include Islam. He gave some indication of his fanaticism at the Iraq inquiry when he suggested Iran should be taken on.
He could show some 'Christianty' if he gave some of the millions he's accrued to aid the many Iraqis lifes he helped to destroy, those minus limbs etc.

He's in the right place - U.S. - with the many fanatic Christian factions, with prejudices and hatred even for each other!
It's a tragedy that his fanaticism harms the many sincere, non-fanatic, well meaning Chrsitian organisations that do seek to help people without preaching to them.
carmella
I wonder if he will join Opus Dei?
wee davy
Some VERY good points Tommy.
Togetherness must mean inclusiveness. Be ye a muslim, christian, or what ever other 'flavour'.
Sadly, dont think there are too many parties pinning their hopes on THAT poisoned chalice of a manifesto, in the coming election smile.gif

@carmella - youve been reading too much Dan Brown unsure.gif Though some would I'm sure enjoy the thought of him giving himself a good sound whipping LOL
Tommy Kennedy
Just for you Rabbie tongue.gif
Wombat keeps sending me fotos of featherd birds to post; I asked him if he didn't have any decent ones of Oz dolly birds. He sent me below.
Thought with you being in to woman like Maggie Thatcher/Anne Widdecombe she'd be just right for you laugh.gif
I'm sure Wombat would fix you up with her

wombat
:lol:can arrange that no problems tommy, a bit too tall fer you eh? p.s she's got a sister.
auldbutcher
jasus blair on a holy crusade ,it beggers belief ,i can't believe that some demented muslim cell hasnae wiped the piece o scum aff the face o the earth.

goin tae yankee land tae begin his crusade ,i live in hope ,the track record fer nutjobs who want recognition by wipein oot some celebrity or other might think this is his chance .

Justice fer the men women and children o iraq my that would be something .like i've said afore i'd do it myself if i thought i'd get away with it .

me an mah trusty auld lee enfield 303 they was good rifles them,5 in yer magazine an wan up the spout deep breath auld yin let it oot ,noo pop pop pop wee wan inch groupin wis gonna say in the heart ,but theres nae evidence this scumbag ever had wan ,naw the big baw head fer sure ,even noo ah widnae miss a heed that size wid ah . cool.gif wink.gif
auldbutcher
jasus blair on a holy crusade ,it beggers belief ,i can't believe that some demented muslim cell hasnae wiped the piece o scum aff the face o the earth.

goin tae yankee land tae begin his crusade ,i live in hope ,the track record fer nutjobs who want recognition by wipein oot some celebrity or other might think this is his chance .

Justice fer the men women and children o iraq my that would be something .like i've said afore i'd do it myself if i thought i'd get away with it .

me an mah trusty auld lee enfield 303 they was good rifles them,5 in yer magazine an wan up the spout deep breath auld yin let it oot ,noo pop pop pop wee wan inch groupin wis gonna say in the heart ,but theres nae evidence this scumbag ever had wan ,naw the big baw head fer sure ,even noo ah widnae miss a heed that size wid ah . cool.gif wink.gif
Tommy Kennedy
I'll pay your fare out to yankee land, auldbutch, if you'll carry out the hit....no problem getting a gun over there tongue.gif
carmella
Well he's going to the right place and he knows it - Blair is no numpty!

I can hear him laughing up his sleeve in the sitting room discussing the American trip with Cherie on his return and, explaining that he had them eating out of his hands.

He knows he's very popular there so why would he not go - no need to reply.

This is a couple who will never be poor - that's a certainty.

Tommy and Auldbutcher.

Dinny fash yursels - it's no worth the bother. Don't you go getting yourself into trouble Auld Butch fur that yin Blair - Scotland needs youi! You'll get caught and they'll throw you away into one of those American prisons, oh jings Auld Butch - you know what will happen to you there - just think would that be worth it!!
Tommy Kennedy
Don't be too sure about them never being poor, Carmella - wait and see what happens with their kids, what kinda auld age they experience. I know a couple of oldies that don't have much money but are 'rich' with family
carmella
I'm not rich in either Tommy!

You could be right of course, but as they say 'ah hay ma doobts'.
auldbutcher
ach ma pal tommy wid spring me oot carmella,ever see escape fae alcatraz or the rock set o water wings each ,like pappilon judge the waves swim tae san francisco dance the night awie wie a couple o hollywood beauties an ahd drink the place dry.

followin morning wake up fae ah sharp clip on the ear, the wee wife sayin get up ye auld wretch an make mah brekky ye've bin talkin awie like a maniac o night ,ah didnae get a wink o sleep. laugh.gif tongue.gif
Heather
To sleep, perchance to dream. laugh.gif laugh.gif
carmella
Aye Auldbutcher, then she probably added "and who wis that wumin you were wi last night?" hahaha - but here I've just learned something - you said Tommy wis yur pal - I didny ken Tommy hud pals.

Help ma boab - whatever next! Alcatraz is haunted you don't want to go there, but I can vouch for San Francisco - nice town, but long swim to the beach fae yon rocks!!!

Acht but Tommy knows I'm only kidding sure you do Tommy!!

I'm going to have my wee bath noo and my wee man is going to do my back if I talk nice to him - oh wowee a big treat is in store right enough - but wheesht don't tell everybody.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Tommy Kennedy @ 17th Mar 2010, 06:12pm) *
I'll pay your fare out to yankee land, auldbutch, if you'll carry out the hit....no problem getting a gun over there tongue.gif

But the old Lee Enfield 303 might takea bit o' findin' these days. Still ma favourite. biggrin.gif
Tommy Kennedy
We should get Wombat to go get him, he has an amoury of guns, is a sharp shooter and an expert at dodging the cops tongue.gif
Tommy Kennedy
ach ma pal tommy wid spring me oot carmella,
Well if I couldn't spring you auldbutch, you could rely on me to look after your misuss tongue.gif
carmella
QUOTE (Tommy Kennedy @ 18th Mar 2010, 01:06am) *
ach ma pal tommy wid spring me oot carmella,
Well if I couldn't spring you auldbutch, you could rely on me to look after your misuss tongue.gif

He's just changed his mind about going now!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.