I don't, but I know a man who does laugh.gif

I've quite a few of these images purporting to be UFO's

Here's one from 1927 at Cave Junction, Oregon USA
Click to view attachment

and from 2003. Weyauwega, Wisconsin, USA
I'm forever blowing bubbles.... biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
TeeHeeHee
The Cave Junction one was the famous Levi Jeans button ... but if you want a trustworthy eye witness account of a UFO (Shuttle) and it's mothership read the description of a Close Encounter of the Third Kind published in a very reliable tome relating the story of the Prophet Ezekiel in the Book of Ezekiel in the Old Testament of the Holy Bible.
It's not a singular case but it is the most descriptive.
Using this description, transcribed from an ancient tongue, a NASA engineer produced a detail drawing, which one could probably find somewhere on the NASA web site (or ask Rabbie tongue.gif ), which showed some interesting technology to assist in take off and landing on hostile terrain; how would one land a shuttle 3000 plus years ago in the Middle East? rolleyes.gif
Rab-oldname
Click to view attachment
murn
well lets jist say am keeping an open mind rolleyes.gif
ashfield
Dis wan no bring Santa every year rolleyes.gif
auldbutcher
dae a believe in ufo's naw don't be daft huh.gif but a believe in pink elephants hic tongue.gif
glasgow lass
QUOTE (ashfield @ 23rd Nov 2009, 09:19am) *
Dis wan no bring Santa every year rolleyes.gif

good wan ash
glasgow lass
QUOTE (auldbutcher @ 23rd Nov 2009, 01:22pm) *
dae a believe in ufo's naw don't be daft huh.gif but a believe in pink elephants hic tongue.gif

haha, lol.
Weir45
Like Murn, I'm keepin an open mind. I do wonder though, there's life on earth so why not on other planets?
ashfield
QUOTE (Weir45 @ 23rd Nov 2009, 02:00pm) *
Like Murn, I'm keepin an open mind. I do wonder though, there's life on earth so why not on other planets?

Life on earth unsure.gif when did that start laugh.gif
Weir45
Nice one Ashfield. (Believe it or not, can't do smiley faces.)
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (ashfield @ 23rd Nov 2009, 04:28pm) *
Life on earth unsure.gif when did that start

It starts after we've pulled ourselves out of the mud and slime tongue.gif
bilbo.s
I don´t believe in life before death. sad.gif

Nae mud or slime around here- much too dry.
pumps100
Bill,

Granada and Murcia in Spain have had more than there fair share of UFO sightings in recent years.

And in Valencia a few years back there was the case of the commercial airline being followed by something which forced them to make an emergency landing. The Spanish government sent up a fighter plane to pursue it - the mirage fighter could not keep up with it and the UFO disappeared on its way to North Africa.

I recall the case of the US secret recovery of 'bits' in the bay of Mazarron (I think) - this was perhaps something to do with a Russian satellite (not SKY).

In Jumilla (a fine wine producing area) aliens abducted a wee girl in 1946 - we know this is true because she said so.

But it could all just be down to clear skies at night and the availability of mucho cheap drink.

All the best

Ian
bilbo.s
Next they´ll be telling us there´s intelligent life in........Oh no, better no say that! rolleyes.gif

Isn´t Bonnybridge or somewhere the UFO capital of Scotland?

I remember once in Lanarkshir seeing a bright light in the sky - it was very bright and did not move like a plane, a helicopter or a shooting star. I still don´t know what it was but this was before my drinking days ( must have been about 8 then biggrin.gif )
Cash-Ma-Giro
This sums the wole phenomena up for me.
A bit obvious me-thinks laugh.gif

Maslin Beach, Australia 1993
Click to view attachment
TeeHeeHee
I helped a lady in distress one night who was driving from Finand down to the Spanish Coast. I invited her to stop the night by Mary and I. She was an American Indian of the Hopi tribe.
The next day I let her follow me to the French motorway to continue her journey.
Only then did she tell me, at the access lane to the motorway, that she had been subject to an alien abduction.
Had I been able to make her turn her car round I would have. I was so pist.
Even if it was only a load of bullshit that she gave me I would still have loved to sit with one who made such a claim and hear it related in the comfort of my own living room.
She was a real "down-to-earth" woman too: Mary woke me up on the morning to watch Marylou outside in the yard polishing the dull side of my car which she'd been told the night before that I was selling that afternoon.
ceader bhoy
teepee you should not have left your enging running
ceader bhoy
QUOTE (Cash-Ma-Giro @ 23rd Nov 2009, 11:17pm) *
This sums the wole phenomena up for me.
A bit obvious me-thinks laugh.gif

Maslin Beach, Australia 1993
Click to view attachment

thats a smoke detector laugh.gif
Cash-Ma-Giro
QUOTE (ceader bhoy @ 24th Nov 2009, 12:41am) *
thats a smoke detector laugh.gif

Blimey, so it is ceader bhoy laugh.gif
Cash-Ma-Giro
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 24th Nov 2009, 12:23am) *
<cut>
Even if it was only a load of bullshit that she gave me I would still have loved to sit with one who made such a claim and hear it related in the comfort of my own living room.
She was a real "down-to-earth" woman too: Mary woke me up on the morning to watch Marylou outside in the yard polishing the dull side of my car which she'd been told the night before that I was selling that afternoon.

BOY how would I loved to have heard that conversation. biggrin.gif

Cash-Ma-Giro
Still don't believe in them biggrin.gif

Mexico. 1997
Click to view attachment
okhen?
They're oot there for sure.

Guy Fawkes night this year, my son and his girlfriend left a local restaurant.
There were three guys in the street, looking upwards.
Son thought they were watching fireworks, but they asked him to look.
Six orange pulsating orbs in the sky about helicopter height and moving in aligned formation.
They were completely silent and it took them about three minutes to slowly move out of sight.
Fireworks are noisy and last for seconds, so they're ruled out. Aircraft that we know of is not silent.

Son came home and checked out you tube. Someone else had captured and posted exactly what he saw, only from a different location.

Apparently the sightings are increasing and occuring all over the place.

I'm believing.
Rabbie
Naw.

What intelligent entity in thurr richt mind would waste there time coming to this dump.

Rabbie
QUOTE (okhen? @ 27th Nov 2009, 11:55pm) *

Guy Fawkes night this year, my son and his girlfriend left a local restaurant.
There were three guys in the street, looking upwards.
Son thought they were watching fireworks, but they asked him to look.
Six orange pulsating orbs in the sky about helicopter height and moving in aligned formation.
They were completely silent and it took them about three minutes to slowly move out of sight.
Fireworks are noisy and last for seconds, so they're ruled out. Aircraft that we know of is not silent.

Son came home and checked out you tube. Someone else had captured and posted exactly what he saw, only from a different location.

I'm believing.

Them floaty things are parachute flares, it's no ET on a return ticket, that wee bugger phoned home.

Nearly hud me going there.

Oh U tube, that mine o' disinfomation, an worse, hosts mair keech then than a McDonald's fed wean's nappy.
Cash-Ma-Giro
QUOTE (okhen? @ 27th Nov 2009, 11:55pm) *
<cut>

I'm believing.

okhen, I'm believing, you're believing, but I'm still not believing. biggrin.gif

Anyway, do you mean they looked something like these
orange orbs snapped in Long Island, New York. 2004.
Click to view attachment

I'm still no' believin' laugh.gif
carmella
The answer for me is 'no' I don't.

I think there is a rational and logical reason for all of these 'sightings'.

I remember the first time I saw a Stealth Bomber, thinking that it did look like something from outer space. It was at that time I realized if I had seen such an aircraft when it was doing trials, say ten years previously when we had absolutely nothing flying that looked like it, I may have thought it was from another solar system.

So, I think a lot of the objects that are seen could be just that, a new aircraft doing trials, and other explanations which would convince me more that we are not being visited by craft or wee green men.
glasgow lass
For months and months every night a saw a red light high up in the sky over Glasgow
a thought it was a UFO, all I could think of was wee green men invading my city.
Why was I the only one to see this, I only saw it when I was on my own, very strange !.
Were they trying to communicate to me, and only me !, why was a so special.
All sorts of things going through my head. I was so excited I wanted to scream 'THEIR HERE, THEIR HERE " Then one night a was out with my sister wee Bridie, there it was thee red light shining over Glasgow, as we both
looked up in awe for about ten minutes suddenly the weather changed, the big dark clouds parted there stood my UFO in plain sight, a huge building crane with a red light on the top. laugh.gif
But in answer to your question, I do believe in UFO's.
okhen?
QUOTE (Cash-Ma-Giro @ 28th Nov 2009, 02:14am) *
okhen, I'm believing, you're believing, but I'm still not believing. biggrin.gif

Anyway, do you mean they looked something like these
orange orbs snapped in Long Island, New York. 2004.
Click to view attachment

I'm still no' believin' laugh.gif

Aye CMGiro, they looked like that only in a different formation.

Rabbie,

course they're oot there daftie, did ye know hear? The worlds ending in 2012, they're stakin us oot.
carmella
You know this picture looks like a giant paw print.

I still don't believe laugh.gif

Having said that, I have no idea what this could be other than a reflection of some kind - who knows maybe I'm wrong, maybe they are what people think.

Just worth bearing in mind that anything they have no name for or identification is an 'unidentified' flying object - capice?

On that subject, I just wondered if anyone on here believes in Roswell?
Rabbie
QUOTE (okhen? @ 28th Nov 2009, 09:42am) *
Aye CMGiro, they looked like that only in a different formation.

Rabbie,

course they're oot there daftie, did ye know hear? The worlds ending in 2012, they're stakin us oot.

Richt, that's ett. Ah'm cadging a lift oot o' here!

The number o' wee green men and flying saucers = booze consumed 2^

1 pint = 1 green man
2 pint = 4 green men
3 pint = 9 green men an a flying saucer or twa
4 pint = 16 green men, jordan begins to look better
5 pint = bankrupt, seen the prices these days?

We arnea alane, it's a fairly big place, but thurrs no any intelligent life in the local neighbourhood,

Anything wi an ounce o' dugwit wid huv flittit.

Can ye imagine having us lot for neighbours? The radio wave pollution is terrible. Maybe they are away tae see Darth Vader tae git an ASBO placed on Earth.

Come tae think o' eet... Ah'm sure ah saw The Death Star last nicht.
carmella
As I've said, I don't believe in flying saucers. But, on a further note, my logic will not allow me to believe that the Earth is the only planet which is inhabited by people (of whatever description). I can seen where there may be life outside our Solar System, where - I have no idea.

For me, it's just something I've thought about often, i.e. why should earth be the only planet in this or other Solar Systems which has life - and my answer [to myself] has to be 'it is not!"

I could be very wrong of course, and given the vast distances, I doubt I (or anyone else) will ever know.
Rabbie
Yer no wrang Carmella, there will be life elsewhere.

I wid consider it pretty arrogant if humans considered themselves the unique lifeform in the universe. Miind ye there ur some pretty "unique" specimens hingin' aroont the streets.

It may be surprising tae ken here are planets being dicovered quite often these days.

They cannot be seen directly,as they are droont oot in in the glare. However due to orbital / rotational preturbations of the hosting star, their existance can be inferred, from this their mass and distance from parent star calculated.
Maths does have it's uses! It took me a while to embrace it, glad it did, well the engineering / applied aspects of it anyway! Ah hate statistics, its deid boring, jist like the pofaced, eggheidit numpties that bandy them arrond tae try an brainwaash the unwary.

Richt, whurr was ah..

So far, we have not discovered any planets that may be in the eco zone for life as we know it. Howver, I feel thats it's only a matter of time before we do.

With our current space travel technology the the universe is a big place to nip aroond, and neawan hus invented near light speed travel fur humans. It takes a shed load of energy to get an wee atom of matter to get anywhere near light speed. Yea seen the size o that CERN particle accelerator, ah widnea like their lecky bill.

Photons dinnea have mass, they play by different rules! Clever wee buggers, so they are.

Heather
I also think it's possible there are other Planets out there and we are not the only people inhabiting this world.
As I don't know for sure, I keep an open mind about it.

The same applies to UFOs. They might exist, and it's possible we are being watched by people from another Planet taking note of what a mess we've made of Planet Earth and learning from our mistakes. unsure.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Heather @ 28th Nov 2009, 03:38pm) *
... and we are not the only people inhabiting this world.
As I don't know for sure, I keep an open mind about it

You and me too rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
kerry4652
I was just imagining some other planet wae it's yobs wae 3 eyes, in their heads,four arms and five legs aw standing at street corners wae carryoots but could we then twin it wae Paisley.
murn
well don't know about Paisley bit a know for sure there are quite a lot of aliens in London even saw wan wae a dalek rolleyes.gif
Rab-oldname
I remember a cartoon I saw in Playboy over 30 years ago. I don't know why, but it still makes me laugh when I think of it.
It shows 2 aliens stepping from their 'flying saucer' onto a steet in some Earth town. One says to the other ................................................................ ................................................................................
............................. wait for it! ..................................................... Wait for it! ................................................................................

'Thats one small step for a Snarg. One giant leap for Snargkind'

Click to view attachment
murn
one of my favorite short movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oF18rk_H0Y
kerry4652
Now you mention it murn, ah wis hivin a pint wae ma pal Dal the day an ah asked if if he believed in UFOs as we were discussing it on here. He says.....Eeeet eees total peeeeeesh if they do appear I weeeel exterminate exterminate. He's a good laugh when he's had a few beers.

eyebright
On Earth it is known for its good value skiing, its Black Sea resorts and its proud Slavic culture. But Bulgaria’s fame stretches far beyond our own planet, it seems: the country’s space research institute claims it is in contact with aliens.

And the researchers say they have already posed the extra-terrestrials 30 questions, one of which might have been: ‘Didn’t you think of getting in touch with Nasa first?’

Clearly the aliens’ in-flight movies during their trek across the Milky Way did not include any Hollywood blockbusters.

The Bulgarian researchers are now analysing pictograms contained in 150 crop circles which have appeared around the globe in the past year.

The team believe the field markings contain the answers to the posers they beamed into Space. Lachezar Filipov, deputy director of the space research institute, said: ‘Aliens are currently all around us and are watching us all the time.

They are not hostile towards us, rather, they want to help us but we have not grown enough in order to establish direct contact with them.

‘They are ready to help us but we don’t know what to request from them in case of contact.’

Mr Filipov said he believed humans and aliens would have direct contact in the next ten to 15 years. But it would be through telepathy rather than radio waves, he added.

Even then, we might not see eye-to-eye with them, he warned. Referring to our interference with nature, he said: ‘Extraterrestrials are critical of people’s amoral behaviour.’

And you all think the rest of the world is cloud cookoo land lol.
glasgow lass
QUOTE (kerry4652 @ 28th Nov 2009, 07:28pm) *
Now you mention it murn, ah wis hivin a pint wae ma pal Dal the day an ah asked if if he believed in UFOs as we were discussing it on here. He says.....Eeeet eees total peeeeeesh if they do appear I weeeel exterminate exterminate. He's a good laugh when he's had a few beers.

a-haaaaaaa! nice photy>>>>>>good lookin robot.
kerry4652
QUOTE (eyebright @ 28th Nov 2009, 07:50pm) *
On Earth it is known for its good value skiing, its Black Sea resorts and its proud Slavic culture. But Bulgaria’s fame stretches far beyond our own planet, it seems: the country’s space research institute claims it is in contact with aliens.

The Bulgarian researchers are now analysing pictograms contained in 150 crop circles which have appeared around the globe in the past year.

The team believe the field markings contain the answers to the posers they beamed into Space. Lachezar Filipov, deputy director of the space research institute, said: ‘Aliens are currently all around us and are watching us all the time.

‘They are ready to help us but we don’t know what to request from them in case of contact.’

Mr Filipov said he believed humans and aliens would have direct contact in the next ten to 15 years. But it would be through telepathy rather than radio waves, he added.

Even then, we might not see eye-to-eye with them, he warned. Referring to our interference with nature, he said: ‘Extraterrestrials are critical of people’s amoral behaviour.’

And you all think the rest of the world is cloud cookoo land lol.

Ah wonder if they hiv been taking opictures and mean ma wee hoose in Bulgaria, there definitely are a few strange characters appear there on a regular basis but they are mostly just drunken eejits.

We don't dae crop circles just drunken binges.

Ah'm gonnae be mair careful coming oot the shower over there now.

Glasgow Lasss don't gie Dal any encouragement, he's got burdz coming oot his ears aw the wummin touch him up, noo if only ah could get a few gold plooks like his and a sucker, a pointer and a thing that hauds a piece of chalk ah could be a bird puller.
murn
noo I wisnae gonny mention the Bulgaria connection bit it is becoming more convincing that they are living amongst us. Dalek friends, Bulgaria, emmm, ur you wan of they 'green' men huh.gif
glasgow lass
The wee green men are aw inside the becks bottles
murn
aye bit the big green man is drinking them laugh.gif
glasgow lass
oh aye, the jolly green giant tongue.gif
murn
well I was going to mention shoe size but am no going there ohmy.gif
Rabbie
Och, why no?

tongue.gif
murn
I would be exterminated rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.