Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: St Andrews Day Rally
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
wee weegie
The St Andrews Day Rally Committee are having their annual parade in Edinburgh on Saturday the 29th of November.

This years rally gathers at Edinburgh Castle esplanade at 4pm for a 4.30 march off. The Stockbridge Pipe Band will lead the parade down through the royall mile to parliament park where there will be short speeches, and entertainment from Ted Christopher.

The St Andrews Day Rally Committee are an independent non political group, and welcome all with a love of Scotland to bring a saltire, and join in the parade.

There is no charge to join in the parade, and as Historic Scotland are having a free entry weekend in honour of St Andrews Day, entry to the castle is free that day too.

There's also an excellent evening of entertainment for adults at the three sisters function suite, featuring Ted Christopher Andy Chung and Fiery Jack , from 7pm until 1 am.
Full details are on the St Andrews Day Rally webpages, please contact the committee via the website if you have any questions. it's an event not to be missed.

http://www.standrewsdayrally.com/
Heather
That's very interesting, but for others like myself who have no car, it is awkward to stay in Edinburgh for the entertainment.
stratson
You could always stay B&B Heather if you wanted to attend. Free bus pass would help subsidise smile.gif .
Heather
Stratson I did think about that but I think cheap B&Bs will be well booked up.

We can get the Edinburgh bus on the Edinburgh Road just a few minutes from the house. We have used it on many occasions for a day out in Edinburgh.
wellfield
Sounds like a grand day out!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.