Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tennis
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Isobel
I have been waiting all afternoon for the semi final at Flushing Meadows New York. The Scottish fellow Andy Murray is in the semi. Can't believe it is going on right now and we can't even get an up date.They are so busy with the other semi featuring Federa. Anyone have any details.
mitchell
Isobel Murray was leading 6-2 7-6 (7-5) and was down 2-3 when the rain stopped it! Whit a racket that is. laugh.gif
It is good that it happened as the break will only refresh Murray as it seems to be the longer he plays the weaker he gets!
Federer won the other semi!
jaybee
Oor Andy made it, and made us all proud. He is in for a tough match tomorrow against Federer but regardless of the outcome he has made all tennis fans very proud. Personally, I feel if he doesn't lose his nerve he can do it. Well done oor Andy. Jaybee
Isobel
Wow Jim and I watched it here this afternoon, I honestly thought at one point it was going to go the other way. How I would love to see him win the title. He would be the first British win in over 60 years. I think it was Perry who won way back then. Go Andy go
Heather
Unfortunately Andy did not win the final but he did well to get that far.

He did earn himself a cool million pounds. smile.gif
Isobel
Heather I think it was a million dollars. He is only 21 I think everyone knows he will be back next year.
kentzo
I see the BBC had another go at Andy Murray on the 6 o’clock news tonight, describing him as being ‘dour’. Of course, English tennis players are renowned for their dazzling personality - who will ever forget ‘laugh-a minute’ Henman! And Federer and Nadal, well they just blow you away with their witty repartee. The English Establishment are so blinded with envy, they don’t recognise prejudice on their own doorstep.
mitchell
Andy Murray is certainly going to feel the heat in the Aussie open as they are expecting record temps, hope there are no Eskimos playing. biggrin.gif
angel

I have not kept up with the news on wimbledon
so far ,but was sad to hear that Andy Murray
is now out of the tournament .
To think that last year his name was all over this board
by his fellow Scotsmen
and up until now , not a word .
Why am I not surprised !!!!!!! .

john.mcn
Enlighten us then, why are you not surprised?
angel
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 2nd Jul 2014, 04:15pm) *
Enlighten us then, why are you not surprised?

and once again , I am not surprised it' is you who has posted
I see that you continue to stalk me . So whatever turns you on .!!!!!!!!!!!
Elma
Canadian Eugenie Bouchard has reached the semi-finals, the first time a Canadian has reached this level. Between the World Cup and Wimbledon nothing much else is getting done!
Will see if Milos Raonic will do the same as Genie. Come on the Canadians...... clap.gif
angel

I hope so Elma , just to reach and play in the finals , semi or Final
is quite an accomplishment . clap.gif yes.gif
john.mcn
QUOTE (angel @ 2nd Jul 2014, 05:39pm) *
and once again , I am not surprised it' is you who has posted
I see that you continue to stalk me . So whatever turns you on .!!!!!!!!!!!

You dont seem to get surprised a lot, is a crystal ball amongst your possessions?

I know you are a bit slow on the uptake and you have just found out how the quote function actually works but there is a 'new posts' button that will organise newest posts into order. This prevents people like myself trawling the forums, it's very handy and i wish all forums with multiple sections had them.
Anyway it shows the topic as Tennis, and seeing as i knew Andy Murray was playing thought i'd click on it, as most of the posts were from 2009 i read the last two, of which yours was one. In it you seem to be making some sort of statement about lack of discussion over a tennis player in a thread which was bumped from 2009!! Now not being on the same wavelength as yourself i have no idea what kind of point you were trying to make with the ' why am i not surprised' (the first one)?
being one of those Scotsmen being guilty of the crime of not discussing Andy Murray i'm genuinely intrigued at your post.
I also have my own 'suspicions' why there is a lack of of discussion, err there is the WORLD CUP on and that generally gets more attention from your red blooded Scotsman than a bit of Lawn tennis..
So there you go, you might ask the 'Scotswomen' or your fellow Canadians on why you are not discussing Andy Murray though.

PS stalking you would mean actually following your posts, and as for turning me on

PPS i would still like to know why you aren't surprised
angel
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 2nd Jul 2014, 05:58pm) *
You dont seem to get surprised a lot, is a crystal ball amongst your possessions?

I know you are a bit slow on the uptake and you have just found out how the quote function actually works but there is a 'new posts' button that will organise newest posts into order. This prevents people like myself trawling the forums, it's very handy and i wish all forums with multiple sections had them.
Anyway it shows the topic as Tennis, and seeing as i knew Andy Murray was playing thought i'd click on it, as most of the posts were from 2009 i read the last two, of which yours was one. In it you seem to be making some sort of statement about lack of discussion over a tennis player in a thread which was bumped from 2009!! Now not being on the same wavelength as yourself i have no idea what kind of point you were trying to make with the ' why am i not surprised' (the first one)?
being one of those Scotsmen being guilty of the crime of not discussing Andy Murray i'm genuinely intrigued at your post.
I also have my own 'suspicions' why there is a lack of of discussion, err there is the WORLD CUP on and that generally gets more attention from your red blooded Scotsman than a bit of Lawn tennis..
So there you go, you might ask the 'Scotswomen' or your fellow Canadians on why you are not discussing Andy Murray though.

PS stalking you would mean actually following your posts, and as for turning me on

I see that you must have read your own post , I do hope that your toilet bowl was empty when you used it Probably not . laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
Angel, we are all gutted for Andy. sad.gif

I was hoping he would do the double.
john.mcn
QUOTE (angel @ 2nd Jul 2014, 07:16pm) *
I see that you must have read your own post , I do hope that your toilet bowl was empty when you used it Probably not . laugh.gif laugh.gif

Still not going to expand on your previous statement then?
angel
QUOTE (Heather @ 2nd Jul 2014, 06:39pm) *
Angel, we are all gutted for Andy. sad.gif

I was hoping he would do the double.

I too felt bad for him ,
but who knows ,maybe next time .
cheers
Elma
I guess Andy Murray is a Scot again since he lost after playing and winning for Britain last year!
I'm happier that Raonic has made it to the semi-final thumbup.gif
angel
QUOTE (Elma @ 3rd Jul 2014, 01:53am) *
I guess Andy Murray is a Scot again since he lost after playing and winning for Britain last year!
I'm happier that Raonic has made it to the semi-final thumbup.gif

I know he made it to the semi - final , and now for the first time
we have to young Canadian players in that spot . Well done .

I always thought that Andy Murray was a Scot who represented the UK.
in international Tennis .
Melody
"I always thought that Andy Murray was a Scot who represented the UK.
in international Tennis "

Sadly, that is the case Angel.....................at the moment. yes.gif Hopefully not for much longer. smile.gif

ashfield
QUOTE (angel @ 3rd Jul 2014, 05:02am) *
I always thought that Andy Murray was a Scot who represented the UK.
in international Tennis .

That depends on whether he wins or loses rolleyes.gif
angel
QUOTE (Melody @ 3rd Jul 2014, 06:46am) *
"I always thought that Andy Murray was a Scot who represented the UK.
in international Tennis "

Sadly, that is the case Angel.....................at the moment. yes.gif Hopefully not for much longer. smile.gif

I have to assume Melody that your reference is to Scotland becoming
an independent country , however I do not see how this would
interfere with Andy Murray playing Tennis for the rest of the UK
Just wondering ,
angel
QUOTE (ashfield @ 3rd Jul 2014, 07:15am) *
That depends on whether he wins or loses rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
john.mcn

The only thing Andy Murray plays for is himself. On the court there is no flags (thats for the royal box wink.gif ) or countries, just two athletes trying to win.
Elma
.......and Genie Bouchard is into the Final. clap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.