Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tribute To Tommy Burns
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
GG
Glasgow Guide's tribute to Tommy Burns, the Celtic legend, who died earlier this year following a brave battle with cancer. Music by Tommy's friend Billy Connolly.

GG.
tombro
Brilliant !

There's not much on 'YouTube' that I would ever think of praising but, when it comes to absolute champions, I have to dip my lid !

From Oz, I've only ever seen Tommy Burns playing on video (and he looked a fantastic player) but, if so many people can show such respect for him at his funeral, then he must have been something really special to 'Weegies', too !

Tommy Burns was so highly thought of that he managed to __________ (insert you own word) that barrier between the Rangers and Celtic ideologies and, therefore, must be looked upon as a true champion among footballers !

Thanks, GG, for the opportunity to express my opinion from the Antipodes,

Regards,
Tombro smile.gif
hubert
I never saw Tommy Burns play either, and didnt know much about the man, however the tributes he received speak for themselves, thank you GG!
jimmyd
I saw Tommy play when Celtic toured Aust way back in the 70s. Thank you Martin and staff for anice tribute to , I am led to believe a very nice man. Rest In Peace Tam !!
Tennscot
I have always admired Tommy Burns as a Man and a Player. On a Trip back I bumped into him in the Square and Shook his hand and wished him luck. I`d never done that before. Jimmy he`s as genuine as he looks and we spoke for a couple of Minutes. Sad Sad !!
Tennscot
Thank You GG.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.