Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bob Crampsey Has Passed Away
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
clydeside
Scottish football historian, author and retired broadcaster, Bob Crampsey, has passed away. He was the former headmaster of St Ambrose High School, Coatbridge and was the 'Brain of Britain' in 1965. Born and raised within a few yards of Hampden Park, he was a dedicated follower of Queen's Park.

RIP
stratson
Was deeply saddened to hear Bob had passed. He was a lovely guy. Had personality plus. What an after dinner speaker. Had noticed him becoming frail, sad to see such a vibrant man decline.
My deepest sympathy is extended to all of his family. R.I.P.
jimmyd
I remember Bob Crampsey very well ,so sad to hear of his passing. I think he was teacher at Holyrood ,back in the mid 50s. Rest in Peace sir .
penny dainty
Very sorry to hear this , i remember we used to see his daughter around Cathcart Road , they must have lived in the area.
GG
A sad loss and another great Glasgow institution gone!

When you read about Mr Crampsey's achievements - both personal and public - I can't help but agree with the sentiments of fellow sports' commentator Chick Young who wrote:
"I adored him - but it is a national disgrace that those who hand out the honours did not give him the recognition he deserved."

Read about the man here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7527655.stm

And note that there will be a Radio Scotland tribute to the gentleman on Saturday 2nd August at 1400 BST, on both frequencies.

Condolences to Mr Crampsey's family.

GG.
GG
This video may be of interest:
Crampsey blows final whistle on famous column

The football writer and historian Bob Crampsey has decided to blow the final whistle on his Glasgow Evening Times column.

Alan Mackay spoke to the man who has collected every possible footballing fact for the past seven decades.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/p...m=1&nbram=1

GG.
Anne1
Sad to hear of Bobs passing he taught my two sisters at St Augustines Milton a truly nice guy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.