Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats For Dinner Today
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68
stuarty
I have just finnished my dinner I had cheese and garlic bread with filo prawns and crispy duck pancke rolls then mango papya and pineapple it was delishious so what did you have to eay somthing scottish like mince and tatties or was it somthing special a really enjoyed mine and a hope you enjoued yours oh and a had lee's snowballs my god have they shrunk a bought 12 and it would take 3 to make up the old ones when a was a wean but they are still delishious
Heather
I had lasagne, garlic bread & salad, with a glass of red wine. For afters; custard and steamed treacle pudding. smile.gif
Anne1
Well Stuarty I had a NHS salad sandwich[lettuce and a wee bit tomato] and rice pudding you could have laid bricks wae, but when I came Home had baked Pot with Scampi and Lovely Salad laugh.gif
stuarty
oh your hame yipyipyipeeeeeeeeee and heres a date and whalnut loaf for afters hen noo you take uit easy and day as you ur tolkd or you will get a kick in the corse and verus as me da used to sayt to me lol laugh.gif and pass it on to nev also ok cause a love me coupons dont a
Davy's Girl
Tonight Dave and I went out with friends for a fish and chip supper, but yesterday we had mince and turnip! yum! yum! With bread pudding and ice cream for dessert. rolleyes.gif
lindamac
biggrin.gif A very warm hello to you Davys girl good to see yer chatting again.well ditto my friend we also had a fish supper last night as we were tired after doing the weekly shopping etc but I did buy turnip tae make a stew for today so nip nippsies nae nippsies back pal hehehe laugh.gif
stuarty
today a had cheese on toast and a pak of malted milk choccy biscuts and some fruit again delishious
lindamac
It's Spaggetti Bolognese & Garlick Mushrooms for us today.My Favourite dinner. smile.gif
penny dainty
Sheperds Pie for us tonight, had a nice salad for lunch with my daughter Katie, she had a Ceasar and I went for the chicken one.
stratson
Am still trying to puzzle out what to make for tonight>>>>Decisions! Decisions!
Last night we had a beef casserole with doughballs, usual carrot, turnip and onions and mash potatoes. My son had dessert.
Am going out shortly, think I will get some fresh salmon, will dig up some of my early spuds, and bring some lettuce and rocket, right, that's the menu for tonight.. Don't always have dessert. smile.gif
jaybee
Stratson, can you give me your recipe for doughballs please? Do you use Artora beef suet???? Would love to make them like my old grannie used to. They were magic. Tonight we are having pot roast with carrots and turnip. Jaybee
stratson
Hi Jaybee>>>My recipe for doughballs>>>>>
I buy a packet of Mix "Original"
"Goldenfry" Brand,
Farmhouse style Dumplings.Light and Fluffy, Directions are on pack,. afraid I cheat and take the easy route. rolleyes.gif
I will however get the proper recipe with Atora suet. Will get back to you later(If you can buy a packet of Atora suet the recipe is on side of the pack.)
wellfield
You're making me hungry--I'm om the 4th day of the cabbage soup diet--cabbage soup every day for 7 days.
stratson
jaybee, here is the recipe for your dumplings(doughballs)
100gr ofS.R.Flour,

50gr,(2ozs)suet

Pinch of saalt,

Cold water, appr. 5Tablespoons.enough to make a firm but pliable dough.

1. Mix the flour, suet and salt with the water,
2, Divide doughinto 8 balls with floured hands,

3, Place on top of simmeringstew or casserole. Cover with a tight fitting lid and
cook for 20 mins.

Enjoy!!! smile.gif
stratson
See that cabbage diet wellfield, hope it works for you.
You can really diet eating what you like, so long as you count your calories.
A female can have 1,000, a male 1,500, you can have a good meal with that amount,
Hope ye like cabbage! What kind are you eating??? smile.gif
stuarty
QUOTE (wellfield @ 17th Jul 2008, 03:33 PM) *
You're making me hungry--I'm om the 4th day of the cabbage soup diet--cabbage soup every day for 7 days.
wellfield am afraid a will be standing up wind of you until cabbage diet is over
angel
biggrin.gif yesterday went out for a drive with my sister and ended up in the Mandarin resturant in Burlington and had a terrific meal there and today,
don,t have a clue, might settle for perrogies and whatever, but it,s just to hot to cook. biggrin.gif
wellfield
QUOTE (stuarty @ 17th Jul 2008, 08:56 AM) *
wellfield am afraid a will be standing up wind of you until cabbage diet is over
Aye' stuarty you said it!!!
Heather
Stratson your recipe for Dough Balls is the way I make them, although it's a while since I made them. The easy way to remember the recipe was; twice the amount of flour to suet.

I never knew you could get ready mixed dough balls with just the water to add.

Angel, whats perrogies???????????
jaybee
Stratson, thanks a million. The next time I am in Glasgow (October), I will pick up some of the packaged ones to try too, as well as the Atora. I think I can bring the Atora back in my suitcase, well I will try anyway. There is nothing remotely similar we can buy here and the suet is just horrible. Looking forward to trying both, and thanks again. Jaybee
penny dainty
Hi Jaybee , I might be wrong in assuming this , but isnt Atora made from beef fat?as I say I might be wrong.We cant get it here either.
My brother in law came over to OZ for a visit before we got Hellmans and he sneaked me two jars over inside his shoes, not the ones he was wearing I might add. laugh.gif
stuarty
aorta is beef suet a had a all breakfast pizza as it had mushrooms sausage bacon tomato cheese very nice but got a druth on noo a canny stop drinking tea ,,,,,,,,,,and am out for dinner the morra night if a can find the hoose that is as it is im my pal,s daughters house so a best have a wee google ,,,oh lydia and my son,s are at their stepsitrers wedding tomorrow she is a police woman marrying a policeman she met in training lydia is a flower girl and my boys are ushers the wedding is in guilford as a think the police get a deal in the hotel down there a hope they have a nice time wub.gif
angel
QUOTE (Heather @ 17th Jul 2008, 06:38 PM) *
Stratson your recipe for Dough Balls is the way I make them, although it's a while since I made them. The easy way to remember the recipe was; twice the amount of flour to suet.

I never knew you could get ready mixed dough balls with just the water to add.

Angel, whats perrogies???????????

Heather , I buy perogies from the freezer section in the store, they are made from a mixture of flour and potatos, with either a bacon or cheese filling and they look like little white turnovers
or if you know what ravioli is, something like them,you boil the perogies for about 4or5 mins.and eat them with fried onions or sour cream, I,ve had them fried on occasion for breakfast.
I,m not sure but I think they maybe a polish dish..
penny dainty
They sound good Angel.
stratson
Re. Perogies Angel, I have Polish neighbours, will ask Ola and let you know?

Haven't even thought about the evening meal yet! laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Well as mine are away working in the USA for the weekend there wont be too much cooking going on as its jist for me and Mr Lass oh how lovely it is to have a nice quiet hoose laugh.gif, might not even have dinner just a late lunch consisting of fresh garden salad with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinigar , on my way home I'll pop into the shop and pick up some nice fresh salmon for the bbq ____then some berries, they are wildly delicious at the moment.
I think a can do all of this by about three pm as I have a short work day. Best get a move on eh! tongue.gif
Anne1
can I come to lunch lass sounds delicious
angel
QUOTE (stratson @ 18th Jul 2008, 07:22 AM) *
Re. Perogies Angel, I have Polish neighbours, will ask Ola and let you know?

Haven't even thought about the evening meal yet! laugh.gif

good idea Stratson, ..
angel
I,ll make myself a stir fry tonight. tongue.gif
stratson
Have thought aboot the evenin' meal and decided>>>>>am no cookin', it's every man fir himsel', it bein' Fair Friday am off tae the Cyber tae get a good bevy. laugh.gif
wellfield
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 18th Jul 2008, 04:16 AM) *
Well as mine are away working in the USA for the weekend there wont be too much cooking going on as its jist for me and Mr Lass oh how lovely it is to have a nice quiet hoose laugh.gif, might not even have dinner just a late lunch consisting of fresh garden salad with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinigar , on my way home I'll pop into the shop and pick up some nice fresh salmon for the bbq ____then some berries, they are wildly delicious at the moment.
I think a can do all of this by about three pm as I have a short work day. Best get a move on eh! tongue.gif
I'll bring the wine and the music!
glasgow lass
Welly that would be a perfect ending to a perfect day<<<<<< or should a say a perfect begining to a Friday night biggrin.gif wub.gif
stuarty
a had a haddock supper it was barfanmagicgreaticant ; laugh.gif ;;;;;;well a thi nk thats that covered eh wub.gif
lindamac
laugh.gif Thats me Making a Batch of Stew with Mashed Turnip & Tatties furr oor Penny Dainty & her Mr Daintys Dinner tonight.I also bought in a nice wee CheesenOnion Loaf to heat up in the oven to have with it.mmmmm my favourite. rolleyes.gif
Davy's Girl
My Davy bbq'd steak while I fried up a bunch of mushrooms and made a salad! On a hot day it was a great dinner! Davy had ice cream for dessert...he does love his ice cream! Miss Kitty had her usual beef Friskies. laugh.gif
Elma
Sawyer had his Friskies too Shari, he had mixed flvours, I just had chicken! laugh.gif I never have dessert but I am eating a Skor bar right now unsure.gif
penny dainty
Whats a Skor bar Elma?
Stew and tatties at lindas was smashing. biggrin.gif
stratson
My son and I are on the steak mince & tatties (, Butter Beans ,carrot & onion in the mince.) and Savoy Cabbage.I f he eats all his greens will get a dessert.(Used to say that all the time to my children when they were young, they don't let me forget!) biggrin.gif
stuarty
oh stratson a hate butterbeans and a dont know whit to hive for my dinner the night as a fancy fish in butter sauce but as a had fish lastnight a might no och the freezer will talk to me a suppose when a peek into it laugh.gif wub.gif
Davy's Girl
biggrin.gif Davy is taking me out for my birthday..will have angel hair pasta with shrimp!... soooo good! Thanks for all the kind birthday wishes! wub.gif
stratson
Have a lovely day Shari and enjoy your meal. Say Hi, tae that man o' yours, he never comes on even to say "Hello", we missed you guys.
wellfield
I'm sitting here chucklin' at all these fancy foods and delicacies we're all onto now,but in our day it was "get that doon ye" and as much as I love assorted foods,a special wee smile comes to my face when my wife says she's making "Mince & Tattie's" tonight ---Bon Apatif!----Oh' 2 more days O' this cabbage soup diet and I'll be dusting off the B/bque!!
Anne1
well today I had a lovely salad baked potato and prawns in filo Pastry sweet chilli dip,for afters we had Strawberries with Meringue mmmmmm
penny dainty
And did you save me any hmmm dry.gif
stuarty
anne1 a had 12 prawns in filo pastry then toast and cheese and a few milk cow malted biscuts to dippy in me tea so that was nice laugh.gif
Anne1
greedy girl stuarty laugh.gif
stratson
Today am eating out. Maid's day off. As am spending day at allotment will be eating at "The Tramway", have a very large ironing awaiting my return. Wish I could wiggle my nose like Samantha in"Bewitched, specially to remove all those weeds am about to attack! laugh.gif
angel
well I did,nt get my stir fry the other day so thats what I,m having today
stratson
Had so much to do at garden, did not stop for food, just drank water. When I got home at 8p.m. had Scanpi and chips. Not used to eating so late in the evening, ironing still to be done. Ah well, as Tara said in Gone with the Wind>>>Tomorrow is another Day". biggrin.gif
lindamac
biggrin.gif Roasted chicken & vegies fur us the night l enjoyed left oer stew when we got back frae the ferm last night rerr day was had by awe.roasting chicken is jist too easy in a roasting bag nooadays very simple.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.