Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Evening Times Bruin Club
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Glasgow Memories > Glasgow Memories > Childrens' Comics/Games/Toys
Kellie StrÝm
I've recently got a hold of a collection of Bruin strips pasted into a Bruin Club scrapbook, which you can see here and here.

Searching online I read that there was more to the Bruin Club than just the scrapbook. I'd love to here more about it, what activities were organised, and how long it lasted.
Alex Saville
Kellie
I remember Bruin the Bear, my brother Robert and I were also members of the Bruin the Bear Club.
I remember going to a Club show ( I would have been about 5 or 6) organised by the times in the Maryhill Burgh Halls at Gairbraid Ave. We all wore our wee red badges. Great stuff!
Kids nowadays would be bored but it was a different world then.
I wrote about Bruin in a story I wrote on ourglasgowstory.com (Look for Collina St)
Thanks for the link to the Amazons site. Brought back some good memories for me.
Alex
VA
I used to read this strip in India when I was a kid back in the 80s where it was published in one of the national dailies ("The Hindu") as a Sunday strip. Was lots of fun to read and I have a collection of the strips clipped from the newspaper!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.