Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bill And Ben Flowerpotmen La-la-la
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Glasgow Memories > Glasgow Memories > Childrens' Comics/Games/Toys
vinnie
Can recall watching this show on the tellie back in the early sixties Bill and Ben Flowerpot men,can remember the Invisible Man which gave me nightmares-Vinnie
penny dainty
Never saw the invisible man Vinnie (sorry , couldnt resist it), I do remember Bill and Ben however , what about Andy Pandy , The Woodentops , Busy lizzie and Tales from the riverbank, they were all Watch with Mother programmes for children.

welcome to the boards by the way biggrin.gif
petalpeeps
I remember Bill and Ben and Weed , also Pinky and Perky , Muffin the mule , Tinga and Tucka , Camberwick Green , Lamb Chops , there's a few more i can't remember the names of.
ronnie mckay
i recall that back in the mid fifties bill and ben the flowerpot men were part of "the children's hour" that started at 5:00 in the afternoon.
also included "the andy pandy" show.
brings back a lot of old memories from the old days in drumchapel.
mrssnuffy
I remember them back in the 50s!!! I now live in the US and my best friend, who is German, knows all about Weed and very good at impersonating him/her/it!!! I remember the thrill of having a tv and my cousin being allowed to come over at 5 o'clock to war\tch Popeye or the Lone Ranger. How innocent it all was.
Foxy52
You forgot Rag Tag and Bobtail! My favorite was "Sooty and Sweep, How about "Blue Peter" I think 2 of the cast on that were John and Val?
Great show, now l can't get the tune to that show out of my head.
Foxy
TeeHeeHee
In the RAF (Bomber Command) in the 60`s it was a big rush back to the billet to watch Magic Roundabout.
Zebedy was our big hero, "Time for bed", said Zebedy. tongue.gif laugh.gif
mrssnuffy
Hey, Foxy 52, Mrssnuffy here who's last namer is Fox and lives in VA!!!! I had Sooty and Sweep hand puppets. Wee kid up the next close pinched Sweep and I never did get him back!!!
Elma
My daughter had Susie, Sooty's wee panda bear girlfriend. She was a puppet who wore a wee spotted skirt.
carmella
YouTube

Bill and Ben....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOv2cUv4gcU

Pinky and Perky - twisting the night away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA1nTaSrfB4

Sooty meets Muffin - let it play it's fun then Muffin comes in later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXhlegZQGOs

Memories of some simpler childhood times haha. You've got to love these.
proudmaryhiller
QUOTE (ronnie mckay @ 11th Jan 2010, 04:29am) *
i recall that back in the mid fifties bill and ben the flowerpot men were part of "the children's hour" that started at 5:00 in the afternoon.
also included "the andy pandy" show.
brings back a lot of old memories from the old days in drumchapel.

I remember coming home from school at lunchtime just an infant then in the early 1960's and watching Watch with Mother, loved all of those programmes aww Happy Days! smile.gif
Boydy
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 16th Jan 2008, 06:44am) *
Never saw the invisible man Vinnie

His kids are nothing to look at. biggrin.gif
Boydy
Bill and Ben
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOv2cUv4gcU
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (proudmaryhiller @ 21st Apr 2010, 02:34am) *
I remember coming home from school at lunchtime just an infant then in the early 1960's and watching Watch with Mother, loved all of those programmes aww Happy Days! smile.gif

In the RAF (Bomber Command) in the '60s we used to race back to the billet to catch The Magic Roundabout.
Bill and Ben? We ran their Fan Club laugh.gif
wee davy
Who can remember, 'Four Feather Falls'? I'm sure I used to have nightmares about it lol Can't even remember what it was about now.
andy wilson
QUOTE (wee davy @ 27th Jun 2010, 08:00pm) *
Who can remember, 'Four Feather Falls'? I'm sure I used to have nightmares about it lol Can't even remember what it was about now.

Look it up on you tube!-one of Gerry Andersons first attempts before fireball xl5 and thunderbirds-seem to remember it was a wild west programme with a guy with magic guns that fired themselves-theme tune was sung by Mike Halliday as far as my duff memory tells me!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.