Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Games For Rainy Days
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Glasgow Memories > Glasgow Memories > Childrens' Comics/Games/Toys
murn
Used to play a game inside the house when we could not go out to play.
One person (it) hides an object while the others are outside the room. The others come in and start to search.
The person that hid it gives hints by saying "warm, warmer, hot, or cold, colder, etc. The person that finds the object then becomes (it) smile.gif
angel
I remember that game well,,Murn
angel
remember exchanging pictures of film stars, just like scraps,,,spent hours cutting them out from magazines.. tongue.gif
angel
oops,,not just for rainy days
murn
QUOTE (angel @ 21st Oct 2007, 01:35 PM) *
remember exchanging pictures of film stars, just like scraps,,,spent hours cutting them out from magazines.. tongue.gif

Can't remember swopping the pictures but did plaster them all over the bedroom wall. Who needed wall paper eh?
Our upstairs neighbour worked in a factory that made the scraps and she used to get them for us big giant santas and angels had to fold them to get in our book wink.gif
angel
tongue.gif probably before your time ,,Murn
murn
I'm before my time, ur so they all say tongue.gif
what about hangmans noose and there wis a game I liked, it wis tae dae with the alphabet and you had tae think of a person, fruit, veg and place (I think) smile.gif
Elma
I spy with my little eye something beginning with A..........

We also played "My aunt went to China and she bought........." had to answer a word beginning with A, then next person had to repeat "My aunt etc. and then the A and had to add a B word....this went on till everyone had made a mistake and was out. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.