Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clackers
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Glasgow Memories > Glasgow Memories > Childrens' Comics/Games/Toys
maureenl
Anyone remember these...They used to take tie wrists off you Lots of bruises between me and my pals
Java
Ah had lotsa bruises tae...usually from ma mother skitin' me cos the noise wis unbearable...laugh.gif

Ah think they were eventually banned in schools....modern weans obviously areny as darin as us...jumpin chinese ropes whilst wearin platforms and playin yer clackers....eat yer heart oot Lara Croft......laugh.gif
stuarty
a ended up at the victoria infirmary a thought a had broken my wrist the nuses said they were fedup treatin claker mad weans the wans no are for sfties not string but polyeuarathine hard plastic oh ,,,,, big word from the donkey weather spelling it right or wrong doh laugh.gif
penny dainty
A yes clackers, one sustained many a bruise from such a device in the younger years, but I tell yee's , Ah wis pretty good. laugh.gif
sugaqueen
a must say forgot all about these but boy did i love them, my mum and dad hated them cause of the noise but i had such fun,
brian432
Glad I worked this one out. I thought you meant these
Click to view attachment
I was wondering how you could get a sore wrist. Bleeding thumbs yes, but sore wrist ????
witshisname
I used to have a pair of blue clackers when i was a wee kid,i loved playin with them.So much so ma parents took them away from me when we were on a week-end trip to Ayr. laugh.gif
I guess they got on their nerves.
petalpeeps
I was quite good at playing the clackers , could go on for ages . Got lots of bruises along the way too . Trust me tae be bliddy good at sumthin useless laugh.gif
stuarty
QUOTE (brian432 @ 24th Feb 2008, 08:46 PM) *
Glad I worked this one out. I thought you meant these
Click to view attachment
I was wondering how you could get a sore wrist. Bleeding thumbs yes, but sore wrist ????

naw it was these
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.