Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
RonD
Tell us whit's up , urr ye goin' tae the shoaps or the pictures? Java is building a shed. Inga and I urr going tae the local children's camp where they're huvvin' a fund raiser wi' a Jazz Festival. It's an Estonian group so ah'll be drinkin' Saku beer.!!
Marion Niven Dougan
Ma day stertet wae a wee hangover!!! Bob made b/fast as usuall. We are heading to the pool this afternoon. Craig, Rachael are coming for Steak dinner tonight. A a jist fun oot ma pal o over 34 years is comin oan wed yeah!!!
murn
I'm sitting here reading what everyone else is doin. Have to finish cleaning the house as I sat here most of the day yesterday dust is gathering around my teacup wink.gif
Java
Java abandoned the shed at a crucial point tae watch the Edinburgh Tattoo....master shed builder isny talkin tae me - but it wis worth it...laugh.gif
stuarty
aww naw a missed the tattoo am gutted a fell asleep aww day am a wee bit poorly today not good rolleyes.gif
Lennox
Lennox spent her last fiver , to chance winning lottery which is now at $300 million US , so if you don't here from me any more, you'll know why laugh.gif
On Saturdays I do as little as possible it is my day to do what ever I want.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif aha had a late nite last night went oot wae the freends furr dinner,,then double duty at the gym the day so im quite knackered the noo ,,look and feel like a zombie soadae,, aha ask mahsel wiz it worth it,,,,,awch aye tongue.gif
Elma
Am getting ready to go to a Bbq with friends, nearly all theatre people so should be fun. It's byob so I'm thinking of red today...........well maybe white, no I've decided red it is laugh.gif
RonD
Why don't yeez go pink Elma!
Waverley
Its a beautiful day Sunday morning 9.45am and the sun is shining perhaps a bit of work in the garden trim the lawns and then a wee drive and an ice cream cone. Nice lazy day hope you all enjoy your Sunday.
Angela Chick
I had a good wee day went into Markies and changed my cash to Turkish Lira, then we went for lunch to a nice wee pub, and i never even got 1 number on the lottery guess there is only 1 Angela from Glasgow who wins millions lightning never strikes twice rolleyes.gif
Anne1
unsure.gif unsure.gif my day consisted of doing a little shopping needed to buy baby gift for a little boy and decided to treat myself to a CD ive been wanting it is Rod Stewart sings The Complete American Song Book 4 volumes , excellent value [Nevs already moaning are you still listening to that rubbish] the mans nae taste, then tonight we went to Bingo nae winnings and afterwards staff had musical show for charity very talented youngsters [they raised £2700 for 6 local charities] and now completeing my night by reading the boards[wae a bar of choc]
wee mags
wee mags got up and said well its another steamy hot day ,then I had my tea and toast,then I headed for ous churchs auditorium [naw I wissnae auditiong for American Idol]we have a big tag sale and Iam the co chairwoman came hame manky and had to take a shower,but all is well and noo am on the computer wink.gif
Java
Ah need tae go food shoppin the day....apparently boys canny live on berries and leaves.... sad.gif
Melody
How no? laugh.gif Have a wee shot in the car in the shop and look out for Aliens. laugh.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif aw melody dont start her aff on aliens or god help us
stratson
Today am finishing hoosie things. Want tomorrow all tae masel'>>>PAMPER/PAMPER! Ma lassie arrives on Tuesday so am keeping every minute free to spend with her. biggrin.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif good on you stratson enjoy your time with angela you deserve it friend
penny dainty
I spent the day cooking up a storm for my visitors that got stuck by the rain and couldnt get to their caravan park, we had , lentil soup , roast beef and yorkies , mashed tatties , green beans and carrots with lots of gravy and then we had apple crumble and custard and goody two shoes me didnt have tatties, yorkies or pudding cause I need to lose weight sad.gif

I NEED PUDDING!!
RonD
Jazz festival was great. I had my fill of Estonian beer. All within half a kilometre from our house. We're off today to see the finale which closes at 2 P.M. (7p.m. Glasgow)
glasgow lass
laugh.gif laugh.gif aye ,,,aha think ah'll being the case up the day,,,
glasgow lass
laugh.gif weatherwise its such a lovely day,la la la la ,, and its a long weekend the kide go back to school this week so have tae look out furr aw the wee waans on the streets and make sure that they have a good safe start to their school yr,, its a wee bit cooler noo and going to be nice aw week,,i lazed aboot the day but tomorrow ive got tae get cracking ,,,come fly with me come fly lets fly away,,, tongue.gif
Catherine
Got up bright an early, off tae Ikea thinkin ahm gaunni talk Geoff intae this an ahm gaunni talk Geoff intae that......two mins fae the front door an ma brakes failt right ootside Canadian Tire {auto/big shoap} so four hoors later an 400 dollars ah didnae bargain oan spendin oan such an INSIGNIFICANCE!!!!.......ah didnae get whit ah waanted sad.gif

Last day of the holidays the morra, weans jist watched the Rookie oan the telly an are ootside thinkin they're IT wae therr wee baseball gloves oan God love them, mind ye used tae dae things like that laugh.gif
keelie gal
Awww Catherine thats a shame pal and rotten luck eh but at least ye broke doon right outside the garage, I hope ye get tae have yer wee shopping spree at Ikea soon catherine i just love that shop and spend a small fortune everytime i go there canny get enough of all the bargains i tell john im just going there fer a few bits n pieces and end up come oot with trolley loads laugh.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif keelie you no working the day am having tae run fast tae keep up wae you on the boards and am no built for running as well you know gal
keelie gal
aye im working the day anne i go in after lunch i havent been on the boards fer 2 days so i was trying tae catch up laugh.gif
RonD
Finishin' paintin' the dae. Ah'm paintin' Inga's sewing room, moss green, ah've goat some oan ma erm fae yesterday, ah look like Shrek (aboot the same size tae but ma ears don't stick oot)
murn
QUOTE (RonD @ 3rd Sep 2007, 09:07 AM) *
Finishin' paintin' the dae. Ah'm paintin' Inga's sewing room, moss green, ah've goat some oan ma erm fae yesterday, ah look like Shrek (aboot the same size tae but ma ears don't stick oot)

ye dae meen yer "van ear" laugh.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif well today had a wee browse in shops went for coffee in our complex and now tonight am gettin holiday clothes organised as we are going to spain on sunday and then get myself organised as well get prescriptions from doctors see to aw the bits and pieces before a go
glasgow lass
laugh.gif you lucky lassie you,,,thats twice in the past month whit a b- - - - y life you have eh hen,,, it must be nice tongue.gif
angel
busy busy Anne,, have a rerr wee holiday tongue.gif
lindamac
biggrin.gif did awe ma usual stuff like tidy up & washing etc,Neil finished early the day & came tae take me tae this wholesale Butchers[my son spoke tae us aboot as he saw it online & turns oot its behind where they work] tae get wurr sells a 9lbs in weight pack of restraunt quality grain fed porter house steak[some know this as newyork steak or sirloin] fur 50 bucks noo tae rub it in merr that is aboot 20quid sterling or less[urr yees awe jellis yet?] laugh.gif saw 13lbs of t bone fur 40 quid so will go back for that next time.magic int it? usualy ye pay anything from 15 -25 bucks for2lbs of it in the shopping centres.Brilliant savings so ah cin go buy a hedge trimmer the morra [despite the hard reality of not being able tae use it as it's rain for the rest of the week hahaha]hahahatheres nuff porterhouse steak for tae last us several months och its rerr tae huv a freezer steak hedgetrimmer & rain awe at wance int it.
RonD
Funny how yer days changed fae week tae week. Last weekend we hud a rerr time at oor local Jazz festival, this week ( a long weekend) Ah painted Inga's sewin' room. Last Tuesday we hud company fae Australia and did the obligatory trip tae Niagara Falls. This Tuesday ah's sittin' here eatin' ma porridge and comptemplatin' worl day ahead.
Java
QUOTE (lindamac @ 4th Sep 2007, 10:29 AM) *
och its rerr tae huv a freezer steak hedgetrimmer ....

Canny be much good if ye've tae yase a hedgetrimmer oan it....laugh.gif laugh.gif
lindamac
laugh.gif Och witt dyee expect oor Java ah canny chow through yoan cowhide doll it'ts oer tuff even if am a wee tough nut frae Glesga so we bought the hedge trimmer as a double edged tool fur tae trim wurr steaks we drink the rainwatter fur refreshments & later oan wurr gonna trim wurr hedges[hope He dinny trim doon wee billy connollys Lord of the squirrels charachter in over the hedge hahaha laugh.gif]
Heather
I did plan to go out today then had a lazy fit, so I just started knitting another aran cardigan for myself for the winter, in a nice pale blue wool.
angel
well I began the day with the best of intentions, but got listening to all the singers on these boards, and so I promise to have a better day tomorrow,,, might do a bit of painting around
the house, ! who knows!.. tongue.gif
lindamac
biggrin.gif final ave found time tae kick it back & enjoy my beloved GG woohoo wub.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif well this morning I have foot clinic then at 12-15 meeting Glasgow Lass for lunch in Glasgow to which I am really looking forward to then we are taking a quick flip up maryhill then back to her hotel then home for me to get ready to go to see concert at my daughters church, and then bed, So a nice day to look forward to
stratson
There's the sun out, so looks like will be heading for N.V.G. Plums about ready to harvesFirst have to see"Jeremy". biggrin.gif
keelie gal
seeing as its another hot day today i am heading for the beach with my sarnies and a good book cool.gif
Heather
Friday is the day we clean the house from top to bottom.

After that I did some knitting until the g'children came in. Then I played tennis in the back garden with one of the g'daughters. G'daughter was on the patio, I was on the green and the edging was the net. laugh.gif
Elma
Had a meeting this morning, reviewing the Policy Manual of Kimberley Summer Theatre Society, popped into our Book and Video store and did the cases for the DVDs coming out next Tuesday, next to Grocery store for more milk, home for a quick cup of tea and now I'm relaxing reading todays posts on GG - what an exciting life I lead, haha ohmy.gif
RonD
Uneventful with eventful weather, it feels like 38 degrees wi' this humidity. Ah ran tae the warehoose and loaded up wi' chocolate and sped aff tae delvierit afore it turned tae chocolate soup even wi' the air conditioned van. Noo ah'm an' had a nap and shower an'; decdin' whit kind o beer ah'll huv wi' ma tea. Ah hink we're in furr thunder boomers.....It's a full life!!!!! wink.gif
wee mags
well the day am going to my church tag sale, we are still getting all sorts of goodies and baddies as well, its amazing what people send to it ,then tonight its off to our Oyster festival to see and sing along with The Village People they put on such a good show wink.gif
Isobel
Hey Mags sounds great, good luck with the sale. Our church bazar is next month. we are starting to get ready for it. Mind you we have never made the money thats you make, Any secrets you want to share.Have a great time tonight.
murn
meeting my 2 big sisters for a shopaholic day
see ya when my cards shredded
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif me what am a doing am taking it real easy folks going to mass then having b/fast out then going for papers and a wee read then ofsky to sunny Spain so be good folks be happy
wee mags
well the yank and I had a great time at the oyster Festival ,the Village People once again were great everyone was singing all their songs even the young childrenabout ten and such were singing away it was a good night wink.gif
Elma
We had a wee surprise birthday party for my son-in-law tonight. We held it in the back room of the store so that all the staff could take part. Had a rare time and a good laugh, had the office all decorated with streamers and balloons and of course, had pizza and ice cream cake.......mmm..mmm..good. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.