Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Heather
It's not so much the length of the window's more the washing of the venetian blinds on them.

Angel, we have a Window Cleaner for the outside.

Fun and games at the Hairdresser on Thursday. I had just got my hair washed and the hairdresser had started to cut it when there was a power cut.

There are Roadworks going on along the Main Street and one of the girls went out to see what was happening, she was told a cable blew up and the power would be off for two hours.

The hairdresser finished cutting my hair then gave me a run home with my wet hair. laugh.gif

Apparently it's the third time in 10 days the power has been off, and one time for three hours.
Not good for a Hairdresser shop unless you get a dry cut.

I spent the morning wrapping up all the Christmas Presents I have bought and I just have a couple more to buy. Hopefully I will get them in Town tomorrow, then we can start putting up the tree and decorations.
Heather
The shopping is all done and the Christmas presents are all wrapped up.

The tree and decorations are up except for the Christmas Village which I shall put up tomorrow.

Today I am having a rest from all the usual Christmas preparations. smile.gif
Heather
I was watching a film on the TV when there was a news flash.

There has been a bad accident in George Square.
A bin lorry crashed into a crowd of people at the Queen Street entry.

There are six ambulance's there and the Reporter said there were three boys lying on the ground covered up.
I'm sick at heart and hoping the boys are just injured.

There will be an update later on in the main news.

Heather
There has been another news flash.

Six people have been confirmed dead.

This is bad enough any time, but at this time of year how do their families deal with it.
norrie123
I have just heard about this terrible accident, our thought are with the families
jakka13
Thoughts are with the sad families of this tragedy. I'm going to drive North today to spend Christmas with three of my Great Grand Children .I spent last week in the U.S with the other two .Best wishes to all my friends old and new on the boards .Hope the New Year will be a better one .Cheers Jakka
RonD
Arra best Jakka!
Barbara
Is there anyone on here that remembers the big crash GG Boards suffered way back in '03? Give or take a year. I'm looking at my member number ................. # 10. GG was my second home. As a matter of fact I had a wee spot in the corner with a blanket and a coffee maker, sans bar. LOL Any of the OLD crowd still here?

I'm talkin' WAY back.
angel
QUOTE (Barbara @ 27th Dec 2014, 08:07pm) *
Is there anyone on here that remembers the big crash GG Boards suffered way back in '03? Give or take a year. I'm looking at my member number ................. # 10. GG was my second home. As a matter of fact I had a wee spot in the corner with a blanket and a coffee maker, sans bar. LOL Any of the OLD crowd still here?

I'm talkin' WAY back.

I'm not sure but I think Gemini was on the boards at that time , somertimes she posts
in , " The Tearoom " on Chat threads , and maybe Melody , "Dear Diary " for her.
and again still not sure , but possibly Heather , on this thread .
Elma
Not many of the OLD(!) crowd here now. I came on in 04 when there was a lot of fun on the boards, remember the Chat Room where sometimes it was hard to keep up, you had to type fast then laugh.gif Nice to see you back again Barbara, where have you been?? clap.gif
RonD
I joined in Jan. ´06 and as you say, there names you just don´t see anymore, regretfully some have passed on. Any collection of people can come together and click as they did in those days but sometimes the party is over. We had a little sparkle going in Dear Dairy for a year or two with our cyber trips to Girvan and the like. All we can do is check in with each other and who knows what develops. I know I´m not on here as much as I used to but I do still drop by because I still enjoy some of the banter.
ashfield
Well, some of us "new" oldies tried to fill the gaps left by some "old" oldies tongue.gif

I guess you guys had something kinda special at the beginning of the boards that has just been impossible to replace or replicate.
RonD
QUOTE (RonD @ 27th Dec 2014, 11:47pm) *
I know I´m not on here as much as I used to but I do still drop by because I still enjoy some of the banter.

And you Ash along with others are the reason I stay on .
Melody
Aw Ash, I don't know what it was in the past that made it such fun and laughter on these boards. As you know we tried to capture that atmosphere again a few times to no avail. sad.gif Maybe we were just lucky with a certain mix of 'daft' folk in the beginning who were happy to go along with daft wee plots and stories. I don't know but it was a great laugh. Folks should look back and read some of the old topics and posts to see what I mean. smile.gif

Hi Ron. smile.gif
RonD
As well as the fun and blether especially for us ex pat Glaswegians there have been some very special moments that I witnessed and some I have participated. One young lady from Glasgow came on here looking for her birth father whom she believed lived in Canada. I found a likely candidate which turned out to be him. I was pleased that it worked out but especially pleased to receive heartfelt thank you from both of them. The wonderful thing was that that he was ready to retire prior to her rediscovery and was thinking of residing within miles of her in Glasgow.
zascot
Hi Barbara. I remember the crash I used to be on most days and can remember the fun and good laughter. The original Ruchazie thread was hilarious but alas all good things end and I don`t come on as often, to serious for me nowadays. You can see my member number 612.
gardenqueen
Well, I have been around for many years on here, on and off, depending upon life's events.

Anyway, it's been a busy few days with family and friends and I have had a lot of fun for an oldie.

We had a lovely meal here with my daughter, her husband and their two little boys last night. They were amazed to find that Santa had paid me a visit too and that there were presents under the tree for them, just when they thought it was all over, lol.

Anyway, they stayed the night which meant a lovely morning, enjoying watching the boys while mum and dad got a lie in. We all went out for lunch and I had a nap and I am now all dressed up (thankfully with somewhere to go) in a cocktail dress and heels. Not something I do very often these days. Enjoying a pre-party glass of bubbly whilst waiting for a taxi to take us to a friend's 60th party.

Back to "normal" tomorrow - whatever that is, lol.
angel

Bell of the ball , GQ ,
hope you had a lovely evening .
gardenqueen
Thanks, angel. We actually had a lovely time. It was actually the birthday party of a neighbour/friend, held at a local venue. The best bit was that we actually got to know some of the neighbours we have lived close to for four years without ever getting to know.

It was freezing cold outside when we were leaving and we were so glad we had booked a taxi home.

A hot drink and now off to bed.

gardenqueen
QUOTE (gardenqueen @ 29th Dec 2014, 12:22am) *
Thanks, angel. We actually had a lovely time. It was actually the birthday party of a neighbour/friend, held at a local venue. The best bit was that we actually got to know some of the neighbours we have lived close to for four years without ever getting to know.

It was freezing cold outside when we were leaving and we were so glad we had booked a taxi home.

A hot drink and now off to bed.

Re-reading this in the morning I can see that I "actually" used the word "actually" three times in a short post. I was probably trying to "sound" sober. LOL.
ashfield
Today we're not doing very much, perhaps a walk if the frost lets up a bit.

This time last week we decided to get the bus into town to pick up some last minute Christmas shopping. The plan was to get something to eat at the continental market, not realising it had closed the night before. The alternative plan was to finish our shopping and to make our way to a regular haunt of ours, a Greek restaurant on George Square. When we picked up all the things we wanted, we decided not to go there and just go home instead.

That's how life is sometimes.
irrie
Going for a walk to the village shops if we can find our way through the fog.
RonD
We are having the weekend neighbours over tonight for drinks and snacks, lovely people we hardly see when they are here as they like to work on their place while they´re here. It´ll be nice to have a people fix as I was not feeling that well over the holidays. We had a light dusting of snow last night but can´t complain as we have been above freezing for the last week unheard of in Southern Ontario at this time of year.

Betsy2009
Today I am doing absolutely NOTHING.
Just recovering from a hectic, noisy, fabulous Christmas,.
Gallusbisom
Glad you changed your plans Ash. I think you should buy a couple of lottery tickets. smile.gif
jakka13
I
ve been trying to get into birthday messages for a couple of weeks .Something is wrong .NOBODY WISHEDD OOR JAVA HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!! .many Happy Returns Pet .Awe ra bess Cheers JAKKA
enrique
wacko.gif Well today for me its a mile stone birthday , 70 years on this planet, never thought i would last that long
Dave Grieve
Happy birthday Enrique, I dont think you will want to see another 70 so enjoy today thumbup.gif
norrie123
Hope you had a happy birthday to day Enrique

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
Happy Birthday Enrique.

I got a lot of lovely Christmas Presents especially lots of choclate's. By the time I eat them I will have to join a gym to get rid of all the weight I put on.

Had a busy day shopping.
I went to the butchers, the electrician then the supermarket which was very busy.
Came home and had a cup of tea, then cleared two shelves in the china cabinet, washed and dried the lot then put them all back.
Just another four shelves to do. sad.gif
toerag
Well tomorrow is going to be a great day for me, after 38 years in the same job I am retiring!!!! So I will be celebrating Ne'erday as well as retirement. Cant wait for the first really snowy day and I don't have to drive to work in the snow, can stay in my jammies all day if I want!!! looking forward to it!
angel

Congratulations Anne , A long and happy retirement
to both you and John . biggrin.gif Pat .
Elma
Good for you Anne, happy retirement. More time to spend with these lovely wee girls and maybe a trip west...... thumbup.gif
irrie
Congratulations on your retirement toerag. I hope you have a long and happy one.
ashfield
Congratulations Toerag, I hope you enjoy a long and happy retirement. The same to you Ron. Some folk find it hard to adjust to not working, the only thing I missed was some of my colleagues but we meet up every now and again. It has been a great opportunity to do the things I never had the time for before, when I want and if I want smile.gif
norrie123
Congratulations Toerag on your retirement, I retired at 61 and its the best job I have had, not enough hours in the day at times biggrin.gif

Bye fro now, norrie
toerag
Thanks everyone for your good wishes, looking forward to it, last day to go in today and its snowing like crazy!!!!!
RonD
Congrats Toerag, more time to visit our favourite sweetie shop biggrin.gif I have been officially retired since September and I am just finding the right time to procrastinate . You have the choice of whether you want to procrastinate today or wait until tomorrow to procrastinate. These are weighty decisions.
Heather
Toerag, enjoy your retirement. smile.gif

For a while after I retired, I woke up in the morning when it was time to go to work, and I wondered what to do with myself all day. wub.gif

I have had another busy day cleaning all over the house.
I blame my Scottish mum for all this work. When at home everything had to be clean and shining for the New Year.

A Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all. smile.gif

Lang may yer lum reek.
Melody
All the very best to you Toerag, enjoy every minute of your retirement and Happy New Year to you.
wellfield
New robe and slippers in the mail hen'......Lol......I'm sure you deserve it my friend,now away and enjoy yerself!
wellfield
Went to the gym this morning,came back and took down the Christmas lights,then a walk along the Long Beach seafront,79 degrees (F) today and tomorrow,a wee bit unusual for this time of year but I'll take it!
ashfield
Heading out for the first time in a few days, suppose I'm getting a bit stir crazy sitting in reading and doing bits and pieces around the house. Weather forecast is predicting a rather "eventful" week for us, strong winds with rain and possibly snow. Looks like trips out might be few and far between for us in the days ahead huh.gif
bilbo.s
Hi Ash & all,

Just got back from Denmark on Sunday and glad of the sunshine here since our return. Denmark temperatures varied from -2 up tp +10C and there was not a lot of sun, mostly cloudy, rainy, and windy. Our son took us around a bit though and we saw some new places, weel happit .

Off to visit Spanish friends today by our new stretch of motorway. Today is Kings Day, when Spanish kids traditionally get their presents, although nowadays they expect them on Christmas Eve as well.
Heather

Its really cold outside today, and tonight we are warned there will be torrential rain and gales
Heather
Snow, sleet, rain you named it we have it all today and really cold as well.

When I was out this morning I was walking baby steps as I was worried I would fall. ohmy.gif
Doug1
What did I do today, precious little I have to say. Snowy sleety this morning but a trip to Tesco for cat litter was necessary, then onto Boots the chemist for something or another for wife. Snowing quite heavily now though, dread seeing what tomorrow will be like. I have a long single track road to my house which often gets blocked with snow. Anyway, got my snow shovel and wellies out of the shed so all ready for action, gotta get it cleared whatever as I'm working tomorrow night, not good!
Heather
I have never know a wind as strong as it is today.
I was getting blown backwards then forwards, it was terrible, sometimes I had to hold on to a fence to stop getting blown away.

The house around the corner from us has a big tree blown down, it is hanging over the fence on to the pavement. I'm surprised none of the tree's around us have been blown down.
serabash
pity you don't take time to answer the insults you dish out heather.
Heather
Serabash, is this you back at you trouble making again? rolleyes.gif

In future I will just ignore you. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.