Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
RonD
Keep the heid up Stuarty, we're thinkin' o' ye!
Heather
I did an ironing, again. You wonder where all the ironing comes from when there are only two living in the house. rolleyes.gif

Right now I'm up here hiding from my husband who is stripping the wallpaper off the sitting room walls. wub.gif

It will be worth while when it's all over Stuarty and you get good results.
Marion Niven Dougan
Good luck Stuarty, keep us posted. You are in my prayers x x x
Lennox
I am counting the minits, to I get on the plane .......
glasgow lass
:lol:Aye well this is me the noo,,,,furnace up at 75, three jumpers on and jist added another fleecy with hood so got the hood up as well,,,pair of gloves with fingers cut oot so aha can play here ,and a big cup of hot tea that murn heated up for me,,is anybiddy else cold sad.gif
penny dainty
och no Lass , bliddy roastin here again and it's just after 9am.Got a late start today so got a long lie.
Keep us posted Stuarty!
RonD
We're gonnae get snaw the morra GL so that should warm things up.
glasgow lass
Sounds good Ron but they can hawd the snaw smile.gif
lindamac
Thanks ever so much fur ma wee pressie in the mail Anne yer a champion so yer a wee sparkling diamond dolls fur getting me the Broons Burns address book loving it heaps hen big cuddles tae ye pal.Thats me away tae go visit ma rheumatologist see witts next ah guess .food shops then get ma lassie fur tae take her fur her new caur the morrow.Hoping awe goes exceptionaly well tae ya stuarty ma wee dolls take care pals shall call ye the morra penny dainty tata the noo.Love Linda wub.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye almost oot the door noo not so cold and jist a little snaw,,,what ever aha do today Im going to have a great time doing it,,,,,we're here for a good time not a long time so lets have a good time my friend,,,Tra La La La La tongue.gif
betty2
Sittin here wae the heatin oan full bung. Gonny read holiday brochures that.ll cheer me up cool.gif
RonD
Betty, I wiz jist talkin' tae ma old neighbourhood pal who now lives in Newton Mearns an' he wiz tellin' how dreich its been there. We're huvvin' the same only wi' cauld weather and noo snaw!!! Yesterday the sun came oot and ah finally realized that the nights urr gettin' longer!! yippeee!
lindamac
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 22nd Jan 2008, 02:27 PM) *
laugh.gif Aye almost oot the door noo not so cold and jist a little snaw,,,what ever aha do today Im going to have a great time doing it,,,,,we're here for a good time not a long time so lets have a good time my friend,,,Tra La La La La tongue.gif

ah Love yer attitude Lass thats the spirit matey have a braw day darl,I had a bit of good news frae my Rheumatologist yesterday,he said my bloodtests that get done every 3 wks are showing signs of a small change in the inflamation factors & that new drug I have been on for past 3 months is slow tae work but eventualy will work to full pelt by time Iam on it for 6mths so I have an expectation now tae expect nothing less than the best wee future & a lot less inflamation which causes a lot of the added pain & stress to my bones so I have had brilliant news & new things to look forward too,this drug has only been on the market some 3 & a hauf months so Iam very lucky & Blessed tae be given the privalage tae get on it.Don't Worry Be Happy WOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOO oooooo oooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee oooooo eeeee oooooo Life just keeps getting better sure it does!
glasgow lass
Aye Linda am very happy about your good news,,now every thing else is a peice of cake biggrin.gif
penny dainty
Great news Linda , I said your voice sounded stronger when I spoke to you on Sunday , glad it's on going.
Went for a wee look in the last of the sales when I finished work today , got a bikini, tankini top and shorts all to match for $30 the equates to about 12 pounds, I got a skirt and a dress as well and it all came to $65, not bad eh.I know I should be in bargains , but it's what I did the day so it's here. biggrin.gif
Heather
I don't know what I'm doing today as I wakened up age's ago and couldn't get back to sleep, so I'm on here passing the time as I finished the book I was reading.
RonD
Heather ma day jist started 15 minutes ago, sufferin' fae the same affliction as you, cannae sleep efter four hours. So ah hud a big gless o' watter an' noo ah'm seein' whit you lot urr up tae. Then ah'll get oan wi' ma book an' hopefully ah'll get back tae sleep. It's a full life (sigh)
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye me to Ron ,got up at five am so am doing the laundry the noo and having a great cuppa coffee,,ah'll get the show on the road aboot 7.30 am,,a busy day ahead with work, go for the messages and try for the gym late afternoon,,aw life ,, Tra La La La La tongue.gif
RonD
It's 8:30 an' ah'm up again finally. Ah'm aff tae St. Catharines wi' an order o' sausages. Ah'll wave at ye as ah go by GL.
angel
If you see me Ron, just wave. tongue.gif
RonD
Right enough Angel, ah did nae know you wurr doon that way. cool.gif
penny dainty
Well I'll no wait for you Ron wi the sausages, think they might be a bitty off by the time you drive past my door. laugh.gif
I got the house all cleaned up today and got the caravan ready , long weekend coming up , so we are off to Tin Can Bay for a couple of days , lets hope it doesnt rain this time.Could actually use some sausages for the bbq Ron , a good bit of steak wouldnt go amiss either. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Aye ,,aha night take a long weekend and do a wee bitty skiing, if yi cant beat them goin them rolleyes.gif ) everybiddy else is going and aha cant be left out, can I now,,,but as usual today its up and oot,aw another cauld wan,,mah mukluks are are getting well worn,,ahm a traveling man La La La La,, have a great day on these here boards tongue.gif
penny dainty
That's us all packed up and ready to go away after work tomorrow , should finish at 12 ish , so we should get up there about 3 or 4 all being well.Speak to you all on Monday. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Have a nice time away penny biggrin.gif
Melody
AW ah want tae go tae Tin Can Bay as well. sad.gif Have a great time Penny.
RonD
Penny cin ah come, ah'll bring ma ain tin!!!!? Take some pictures so's us norhterners cin sigh!!!
Anne1
am of for pub lunch with daughter g/daughter me and him then a wee bit shopping laugh.gif seen postcards of Tin Can Bay looks lovely laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Picking up the wee barra from school today so enjoy seeing him wub.gif when he comes out the school gate he see's all the faces spots me and says, "there's ma Anga" (his pet name for me). wub.gif

Enjoy your trip Penny.
Melody
Aw yer lucky Angela, they are lovely at that age. smile.gif Unconditional love nothing like it.
lindamac
I had a fabulous Mother daughter day today with my lovely daughter,we swapped nail polishes she painted my toenails etc I did her brekky we went oot tae shop,scooted aroon toon managed tae grab a lovely Italian scarf nice soft lightweight scarf 85% off it is red ,for me & it is to wear with a light jacket which I bought especialy for going hame in September so Iam ferr chuffed also bought 2 new tops seeings everythings aboot buying for my holidays hame these days. laugh.gif also we did a nice lunch at a lonestar restraunt/steakhouse I had the chicken heheheh Heather had the steak,then off we went back to my place for a cuppa before she drove off home to her own place with her new 2nd hand car she got yesterday she is so Happy to be behind the wheel again so thats great that her past accident didn't emotionaly scar her.Twas a rerr day had by us both,after Heather went home I was awe tired oot so had a siesta ended up in ma bed at 4pm slept till near 8 pm noo it's 12.15 pm & Ive a cheek tae be tired again heheheh laugh.gif so ahm affsky back tae ma beddybyes catch yees all later tomorow.Bye everyone .
glasgow lass
laugh.gifA ye it must be nice tae be able to get a wee shut eye during the day,,aha cin just see me saying tae the big cat here , thats me gone tae have forty winks, aye Lass and thats forty dollars aff next week a dollar an hoor, tongue.gif
Anne1
O ff to have hair done today then out again with two daughters two g/daughters daughter from Ullapool loves the shops here so god help ma wee legs when they have finished shopping but will enjoy it in their company laugh.gif laugh.gif then rest of family come late afternoon
betty2
Celebratin ah hope wub.gif
betty2
Most definately celebratin rolleyes.gif
Melody
Good, enjoy Betty. smile.gif
celtic-chic67
Hi ladies,sorry I've not been on the boards for a few weeks
I've been busy,anyway since it's my big 40th birthday today
I'm having a lazy day,keep all the energy I've got for tonight laugh.gif
off out tae framptons tonight so I'll have tae look out my dancing shoes. laugh.gif
betty2
Enjoy youre birthday bash celtchic rolleyes.gif "Framptons" thats a new one for me but sounds like a fun place. Once again happy 40th rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
Well no skiing ferr me loaded with the cauld aye it could be worse eh,,,,67 have a great day and a very happy birthday tae yi, enjoy yourself at Framptons,,save me a seat tongue.gif wub.gif
murn
Best tae stay in bed the day Lass I'll jist nip over tae the tearoom and get yee a wee cuppa.
Via the pub fur a wee toddy fur yee wub.gif
have a happy bithday Celtchic wink.gif
celtic-chic67
Thanks ladies,I'm really looking forward tae it as I've not been out for months
think I'll get a wee bit drunk,I deserve it laugh.gif
keelie gal
Go for it Celtchic after all its yer Birthday Enjoy yer special night biggrin.gif Betty you too enjoy wetting the baby's head biggrin.gif
Marion Niven Dougan
Happy Birthday Celtchick. It's ma Bobs b/day the day tae. He just called from California, he was getting ready to board the plane, he will arrive 3pm Charlotte time. Then x x x x((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))) then open the wine an stert the party. Sun is shining here, a wee bit cold, going up to almost 50 though, no to bad fur Jan. Great to be back in the USA
murn
QUOTE (CELTCHIC67 @ 25th Jan 2008, 09:49 AM) *
Thanks ladies,I'm really looking forward tae it as I've not been out for months
think I'll get a wee bit drunk,I deserve it laugh.gif

A "wee bit" awe go all out get blootered no every day yee turn 40, well mind yee will be fur the next few years until yer 50 then yee will be 41 tongue.gif
murn
Here's some tea lass sorry if it's no tae hot bit it wis cauld oot there so a used the cosie fur ma heid and I hud tae drink the toddy jist tae stop ma blood fae freezin up ohmy.gif Whid yee like me tae go and get another rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
Widgy murn tongue.gif
Heather
Went into Town and what a terrible day, rain and wind and having to hold on to my hat in case it blew away. unsure.gif

Went in to collect my watch that was in for repair and when I got home my husband noticed the back of the watch was loose. I phoned Bernstones and they said to bring it back, I told them it would be next week as I could not face another day like today.
Marion Niven Dougan
Sit ye doon Heather, ah' ll fix ye a wee cuppa, an a fresh scone wire butter an jam mmm mmm
glasgow lass
laugh.gif laugh.gif That hat of yours Heather didn't it blow aff yirr heed last week.
murn
aye Heather hen get yerself a tea cosy thay stay on or put a wee rainmate on top of yer hat it works wonders, kin somebody send me some rainmates canny get them here huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.