Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
RonD
The problem is Wellfield a good many of these insurgents are Canadian born and bred.
wellfield
QUOTE (RonD @ 23rd Oct 2014, 01:21am) *
The problem is Wellfield a good many of these insurgents are Canadian born and bred.
Hi Ron'.....I really meant to say,all jihadists in general....these ragamuffins must be stopped....(I guess this should be in a different thread)
angel
It has been a beautiful Autumn day here
lots of sunshine , clear sky , mild breeze
with temp about 12'C , perfect for
working in the yard , where I have been
most of the morning , I will go back out
again for a couple of hours .
I thought My grass cutting was over for
the season but I guess not sad.gif so I should
get that done tomorrow . and then the leaf clean up .
maybe over the weekend , weather permitting .
Heather
Lucky you Angel, we have had rain, rain and more rain.

I can't get out to replant the plants I dug up and separated, or get my new spring bulbs planted. sad.gif

I did iron the Winter curtains and get them up. smile.gif
Dave Grieve
Another thunderstorm last night, seems we are really into the summer rainfall pattern now, problem is it brought more sand and dust down with it and my car now looks as if its camouflaged with all the red dust spots and streaks.

The local Indians with their Divali fireworks were in competition with the thunder claps and lightning flashes but had no chance to beat nature, last nights storm was a cracker (pun intended) biggrin.gif
TeeHeeHee
Gettin' over the shock of my life today.
Drove to work this morning, parked the car then went back to get some Tools out and saw what looked like the remains of a Long haired cat hanging from the back of the car (I have to do a 270 arching reverse to get out of my Yard) ...
... some Kids must have stuffed a wig up my exhaust pipe last night laugh.gif
Betsy2009
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 24th Oct 2014, 01:09pm) *
Gettin' over the shock of my life today.
Drove to work this morning, parked the car then went back to get some Tools out and saw what looked like the remains of a Long haired cat hanging from the back of the car (I have to do a 270 arching reverse to get out of my Yard) ...
... some Kids must have stuffed a wig up my exhaust pipe last night laugh.gif

So that's where it went. I've been looking for it all week.

PS: What a relief!
TeeHeeHee
It's a bit ragged now, having driven with it hanging out of my exhaust pipe through the town, but if you want it back unsure.gif ...
I'm sure it'll shampoo up nicely when I get it out of the bin biggrin.gif
Heather
Tee, that's a cracker. I bet the kids who did it got a good laugh. laugh.gif
norrie123
Hi Tee Hee Hee, just as well the police didn't spot it biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie
TeeHeeHee
Norrie, that gave me food for thought. We have to make a detour around town at the Moment and it's a case of everyone tail-gating up near the Autobahn traffic lights where they Exit or enter for Basel,Swizerland or straight ahead for France but I noticed that the car behind me had kept a good space behind me probably to the annoyance of the People behind him.
Guess I know why now: I'm not gettin' too Close to someone with a dead cat hangiing off his car laugh.gif
norrie123
Hi tee hee hee,I never thought of folk driving behind you biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
What a day with the rain and a wind that nearly blew me off my feet. ohmy.gif

The wind was so strong we took a taxi to and from the Chapel.

wellfield
Getting ready to plant 180 daffodil and tulip bulbs!....not all palm tree's here you know!...lol.....and as usual the weather is beautiful....hoping for some rain sometime early in 2015.
Heather
Wellfield, I have 75 bulbs to plant, a mixture of daffodils and tulips, but with it being raining since last week I can't get out to plant them or I would get soaked and end up with a bad cold
TeeHeeHee
Wonderful sunny day earlier today for ripping up the green carpeting on our balcony ... in preparation for the laying of natural stone slabs which her indoors reckons would make our outdoors look nicer. Try telling that to our two cats and the other 4 neighbourhood cats which loved chillin' out on our balcony carpeting tongue.gif
Heather
When I was out this morning the rain was lashing down. I did my shopping then got a taxi home.

Tonight I am off to a Cheese & Wine as it's our UCM Halloween night.
I don't know who is providing the music, but as usual we will be dancing all night.

Some woman dress up for Halloween and they always look good and give us a laugh.
Heather
I had a good time at our UCM Halloween night, and yes I came home sober. yes.gif

My poor legs were sore with all the Line Dancing. laugh.gif
wellfield
"Please give me my Halloween,I'm the best you've ever seen"...I think that was the expression we used when I was a kid in Glasgow!.....Well' tonight were we live,we had over 1,000 kids visit our front door (It's in a historic part of the city we live in)....it was non-stop,with lovely young children monitored by their parents, stopping by till we ran out of sweets (candy)around 8:30 PM...we also displayed a 'Blue Pumpkin' which means we also give out 'non-sweet' items to children with allergies.
norrie123
Hi wellfield over a 1,000 crikey, you must be jiggered biggrin.gif

Bye for now, Norrie
Heather
We had no guisers at the door last night.

I was reading the newspaper today and I had to laugh when I read that Asda has had to put security tags on their baskets as shoppers are stealing them to save having to pay the 5pence charge on carrier bags.
Imaging making a thief of yourself to save 5pence. rolleyes.gif
norrie123
Folk have stolen shopping trolleys from supermarkets, we had loads in the bulkrooms and had to call the local supermarket to uplift them, they were not that keen
Bye for now,oNorrie
Elma
1000 litle ones, that must have kept you busy biggrin.gif I had 3, all around 5 years old, their mums waiting at the end of the driveway. Oh well, just have to eat the rest of the candy, don't know about the lollipops though unsure.gif
bilbo.s
On the way home from the Feria, I freed a wee dug that had got stuck between the bars of a steel gate. Its head, front legs and chest were all through the bars and it was just hanging there. My good deed for the day (year?).
Melody
Aw good for you bilbo,s, but was it a Wee Ginger Dug? smile.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (Melody @ 1st Nov 2014, 07:28pm) *
Aw good for you bilbo,s, but was it a Wee Ginger Dug? smile.gif

Naw, Melody, it was pure black. I was worried it might try to bite me as I tried to free it, as most dogs around here are wary of strangers, but it stayed very calm as I manipulated it through the bars bit by bit.
Melody
Well done bilbo.s, glad it stayed calm. smile.gif
gardenqueen
I've been with my son and his wife and little girl to be introduced to their little son, due in January, through a 4D scan.

I feel like I know him already, lol.

They had it done privately, around 200. Not sure if it was value for money or not. They had lots of similar pictures around the clinic and, dare I say it, they all looked the same.
Dylan
Did you think it was worth 200.?

I bet you did GQ. !

So it's a Boy ?.

Well done the happy couple .

Happy Happy for you. smile.gif
angel
' hi GQ, ,

that is just wonderful , it's fantastic what can be done these days

A couple of week's ago my grand daughter sent her mother who was visiting me at the time , Utra sound pictures of her twins and also the sound of their heartbeats , it is done with what is called a Fetal Doppler or something like that and they do it from their own home , It was wonderful to hear and see the babies , absolutely amazing . yes.gif
who are not due until early spring , they seemed to be holding each other
and I did think that they looked like two little
" Casper The Friendly ghost " Not sure though ,
if you knew or know of that childrens TV cartoon .
Anyway GQ all seems to be well with your little grandson and
does he have a name yet .

gardenqueen
Dylan, I know it made them all very happy to see the baby, made it real for them, especially their almost 6 year old daughter who was beside herself with joy, kept kissing her mum's tummy.

Mind you, in the car later, she asked her mum had she thought about later? We weren't sure what she meant so she explained that she knows boys get noisy and naughty as they get older. She said not to worry as she would teach him how to behave.

I still have a copy of her 3D scan (all that was available six years ago) and do look at it from time to time. I suppose it is worth paying for. Years ago, we just had ultrasound on the screen, no photos, no cds and no dvds then.

Angel, what a lovely image that conjours up. So lovely. And, yes, I do know of Caspar the Friendly Ghost, in fact, that was my nickname when I was a teenager in Glasgow as I was always really pale, like a ghost. I even had a t-shirt with the image on it, lol.

No name yet for the baby, his mum is Hungarian so maybe he will have a Hungarian name but they haven't decided yet. I didn't name my son for nearly six weeks, until just before I had to register him. He had his hospital identity bracelet until then. I told everyone I was going to call him Merlin but I didn't! Instead he was called after the rugby player, Gareth Edwards, it suited him more than Merlin did. His dad played rugby thus the choice.
Dylan
GQ, I think you are one happy Lady. smile.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 1st Nov 2014, 06:25pm) *
On the way home from the Feria, I freed a wee dug that had got stuck between the bars of a steel gate. Its head, front legs and chest were all through the bars and it was just hanging there. My good deed for the day (year?).

Well done Bill smile.gif Some years ago, when walking in the Lake District, we came across a lamb in the same predicament. It had somehow got out of the field it's mother was in, then got stuck trying to get back in and was in some distress. I decided to try and free it although neither it or it's mother seemed very happy about it. Having got it's head out, I lifted it back over the fence and discovered how deceptively blinking heavy a wee lamb is ohmy.gif

Thank goodness it wisnae a coo laugh.gif
bilbo.s
Morning, Ash. The funny thing is that wee found the dog just with its front paws off the ground, not struggling or even whimpering, as if resigned to its fate, it made it that much easier to rescue.
gardenqueen
QUOTE (Dylan @ 1st Nov 2014, 10:43pm) *
GQ, I think you are one happy Lady. smile.gif

I certainly can't complain, Dylan. biggrin.gif
angel
As it is a beautiful day a clear blue sky Lots of sunshine with a temp. of only 2'C
I am going out with a couple of friends for a good walk along the parkway maybe get down around the Falls , and have lunch , and just be a tourist for an afternoon .
I probably won't bother much about supper but it might be salmon cakes and whatever I fancy from the fridge . Such a carefree life , Hey Ho biggrin.gif
jakka13
All this talk of new lives coming into the world and I have to come in with sad news .Our dear old pal Boots has had a heart attack with complications .Family let me know .Please keep her in your prayers .I would also like to thank you all for your kind thoughts after I lost my love .I'm still wobbly but standing ,as he would want me to be but now my sweet old friend is fighting the battle and her family don't think she will win .I know what a fighter she is ( came through the Clydebank disaster )so lets keep fingers crossed she fights back again .
lindamac
sad.gif This is such sad news oh I hope she breaks through so loing as she isnt too badly damaged of course I wouldnt wish hardships on any of the family or Boots herself so so sad the boards longstanding members has become so dangerously ill God let your will be done for all involved sorry for you too Jakka you have all known each other for many years.Click to view attachmentDearest Boots may God Help you as you are fighting this fight against a heart attack God Bless you in every Facette of your being dear GG friend.Regardsand Love from Lindamac xxxI shall remain in prayer for you Boots.
lindamac
QUOTE (lindamac @ 3rd Nov 2014, 12:54pm) *
sad.gif This is such sad news oh I hope she breaks through so long as she isnt too badly damaged of course I wouldnt wish hardships on any of the family or Boots herself so so sad the boards longstanding members has become so dangerously ill God let your will be done for all involved sorry for you too Jakka you have all known each other for many years.Click to view attachmentDearest Boots may God Help you as you are fighting this fight against a heart attack God Bless you in every Facette of your being dear GG friend.Regardsand Love from Lindamac xxxI shall remain in prayer for you Boots.

angel
Such sad news" Jean , I'm so sorry to hear this about Boot's
but she will be in my thought's and prayers , and thanks for
posting . Hope you are doing OK ...... Pat .
lindamac
sorry all went overboard accidently with a health pic for Boots and the pc mistake or my own lack of how to post pics mistake has overloaded the picture I chose for Jakka so so very very sorry those accidently went overboard please forgive me Ive tried to correct them however to no avail so please dear Jakka accept my sincerest apology too same to Boots perhaps I shouldve done seperate posts and I wouldnt have made such a mess of thingsbut my sadness and feelings are genuine so so sorry for the news of Boots fighting her heart attack and Jakkas lost true Love so s sorry .Love from Lindamac wub.gif
norrie123
Our thoughts are with Boots at this time
Bye for now, norrie
TeeHeeHee
Just got back last night from a great long weekend with hundreds of photies and was real happy to read of Bill's rescue of that wee dug and then I came to read of Boots and was very saddened indeed. I do hope Boots manages to pull through this one and I know we're all behind her here.
gardenqueen
My thoughts are with all who are feeling sad or concerned about a loved one. May they get the strength to get through somehow.
Dylan
Good wishes to those with bereavement, illness or family problems .

We hope for better things.

Chin up !.
ashfield
I'm deeply saddened by the news of Boot's illness, my thoughts are with her and her family.
Melody
Thanks for letting us know Jakka, like everyone else I am so saddened to hear of Boots illness. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her loved ones at this time. Such sad news.
Elma
So sorry to hear about Boots (Joyce) she seems to have been having a hard time recently. Please keep us up-to-date Jean. Thiis doesn't help you with the grief you are facing right now, hope your family are still rallying round. My prayers are with you all.
Heather
Jakka, sorry to hear about Boots. Please give her my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
jakka13
HI ,I talked briefly with Boots husband this aft. he said she had been having a bad day today .I think e-mails etc to the family might be hurtful to them .I asked him to convey my love and tell her ALL her pals on these boards were fighting with her
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.