Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Betsy2009
People have been eating rats for a very long time but that one in the photo looks more like the size of a small pig. Given how cute little pigs are, is there much difference really. It's all meat, isn't it?
Before you ask - no I wouldn't - but if I was starving - who knows.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (norrie123 @ 24th Sep 2014, 10:23pm) *
Hi Dave, I don't think I could eat anything called a rat biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie

How about ratatouille ? rolleyes.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 25th Sep 2014, 11:38am) *
... but that one in the photo looks more like the size of a small pig.

No it's not, I'm a good bit bigger than that! tongue.gif
Betsy2009
I meant a wee pig - not a baby one.

If you can't eat rats, how about ponies?

An animal conservation group has suggested an unlikely method of saving hill ponies: eating them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fo...up-9754347.html
Heather
The very thought of eating a rat is enough to make me puke.

A dismal driech day today. It was raing early on and looks like more rain is not far off.
CAT
QUOTE (Heather @ 25th Sep 2014, 01:57pm) *
The very thought of eating a rat is enough to make me puke.

A dismal driech day today. It was raing early on and looks like more rain is not far off.

Typical holiday weekend sun shinning all week then when I'm going away the clouds roll in.
I'm off to Lochgoilhead tomorrow with our lovely friends, there will be 8 of us + 2 teenagers. (lovely teenagers). I feel rotten with sore throat and coughing so hopefully will feel better tomorrow.
Heather
Cat, I hope your sore throat cleared up in time for you to enjoy your weekend away.

Another dry day, no sunshine, but it is a nice and fairly mild day. smile.gif
CAT
QUOTE (Heather @ 28th Sep 2014, 02:10pm) *
Cat, I hope your sore throat cleared up in time for you to enjoy your weekend away.

Another dry day, no sunshine, but it is a nice and fairly mild day. smile.gif

Sadly Heather it got worse, but had a lovely time with our friends. I still feel rubbish back to Docs me thinks as my antibiotics are finished with no improvement.

Heather
Oh dear Cat, you are not having a good time of it. I hope the throat get's better soon.

It's my husband' birthday at the weekend and our son bought us ticket's to go to the Hydro tonight to see 'Still Game'. We are looking forward to it. smile.gif
Heather
I have just received a letter and when I opened it up it was headed ' Cabinet Office'. ohmy.gif
I thought oh boy what have I done. It was to let me know that my Civil Service Pension would be getting paid by a different Company than the one it was usually paid by.
CAT
QUOTE (Heather @ 30th Sep 2014, 11:53am) *
Oh dear Cat, you are not having a good time of it. I hope the throat get's better soon.

It's my husband' birthday at the weekend and our son bought us ticket's to go to the Hydro tonight to see 'Still Game'. We are looking forward to it. smile.gif

Thanks Heather. Going back to the docs tomorrow.
I'm sure you'll enjoy still game, I've heard it's really good.
Heather
We all enjoyed the show last night, it was a right bundle of laughs and worth seeing.
My husband and our son were laughing their heads off and our teenage g'daughter also had a good laugh, even at the bad language. laugh.gif

I have never been in anywhere as large as the Hydro. I could not believe how big it is. Apparently it holds 31,000 people and the hall was packed.

We had good seats in the stalls in the middle aisle, row W.

I finally forced mysely out to the garden today to dig up the over grown plants, and the ground was so hard I could not get the fork through the earth. I cut back the plants leaving small stems so I can see what I have to dig out

Yesterday a friend told me that this is the driest September on record.

If we don't get a heavy rainfall by the end of the week, I will put the out the hose with the sprayer on it to give the ground a good soaking.
stratson
Hi Heather ! Hold back your spray, friday will take care of watering your garden!
My son waters my garden also sees to my hothouse, tomatoes still not all ripened..
No longer able for anything except eat. Son has to put my socks and if going out in car puts on my shoes Takes forever getting me into the car I prefer not to go out. Never thought would come to this, mind you, cannot complain, always some one worse than yourself. Price you pay for getting to live.
Love my T.V.
mAKES YOU REALISE HOW HARD IT MUST HAVE BEEN FOR OUR PARENTS, they never had the technology in their days, Poor souls.
You seem to be enjoying life with your family, am very happy for you Heather. thumbup.gif
Heather
Hi Stratson. nice to hear from you. long time no see.
Your son sounds a lovely man and a son to be proud of.

Aye old age is a bother, and there is no escape from it. Still we have to make the best of it.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (Heather @ 1st Oct 2014, 10:36pm) *
Hi Stratson. nice to hear from you. long time no see.
Your son sounds a lovely man and a son to be proud of.

Aye old age is a bother, and there is no escape from it. Still we have to make the best of it.

Aye, we must all be grateful that we are coping with the ravages of time better than Dullwan. laugh.gif
mairead
Hello Stratson, aye, my auld mammy used to say that "old age disna come alone", and boy she was right. I'm so grateful I can still get around though the arthritis is a sod. All the best to you.
Heather
Mairead, I got an email from my sister a few days ago with a lot of information regarding the benefit's of taking honey and cinnamon.

Here is the one for Arthritis from tests done at Copenhagen University.

One cup warm water, add two tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon and drink it before breakfast every day'
Do this every day to ease the arthritis.

After a few weeks you can let us know if it works. smile.gif
TeeHeeHee
Thinkin' how concerned and nice some people can be.
Bonnie wanted to lie in the shade up in the vinyards on the local mountain today so I lay on the opposite side of the track in the sun. Local gardening contracting truck comes past and stops right beside me.
"Do you Need help ... or are you having a rest?" asks the driver.
"The dog's having the rest; I'm just waiting for her, but thanks for asking. It was real nice of you" yes.gif thumbup.gif
Heather
Tee, that was nice of that man to stop and see if you wanted a lift or needed help.

Stratson got the weather correct when she said it would rain on Friday, it has been raining all morning.

Hopefullly it will soften the ground and I will be able to dig those plants out.
CAT
Nice to hear from Stratson again.
Sorry your not in the best of health at the moment but I know your not the sort to let it get you down. Please keep popping in you always have so much to contribute. wub.gif

Heather glad you enjoyed still game wish I had got a ticket.

I've just organised my birthday party not till January but had to book it. I'm having a girls day with lunch and spa treatments for me, my friends and our daughters. Then we are staying overnight in city centre apartments and having a pyjama with cocktails and movies. A night out in town but not quite as wild as maybe once upon a time. smile.gif
Heather
Cat, it that you 21 again. wink.gif

A few years ago when the g'daughter's were young, one of them asked me how old I was and I told her 35 yrs old. She replied, ' Our dad is older than you'. We all burst out laughing as her dad is my son. laugh.gif

I still tell them I'm 35yrs old and they now laugh at me. sad.gif
Dave Grieve
Found this in the wash hand basin last night, a Violin Spider highly poisonous but normally not aggressive, I have had a couple of spider bites one from a Black Widow that bit me on the leg and put me in bed for a week unable to put any weight on my leg, the pain was excruciating, the other was more interesting we were sitting under a tree in the garden one day when I felt something bite me, later when I looked you could see that it was a spider bite just above the eyebrow but it scabbed up and I forgot all about it, later I cant remember how long it was a couple of weeks maybe more I was standing in front of the mirror shaving when I felt a wetness on my forehead, when I looked there where all MY babies running down my face to leave home for ever. laugh.gif
As I said for me it was interesting I know for other people perhaps not.

Violin Spider next to a tooth brush

Click to view attachment
Betsy2009
I LOVE MY COLD, WET COUNTRY!
Heather
Dave, that is enough to give me the shivers and the thought of a spider landing on me would make me scream. ohmy.gif

We got our Flu jab this morning. We were down at the Health Centre just after 10'0'clock this morning, so we were in and out in a few minutes.

The Health Centre has a parking area for patients right across the road from it.
I could not believe the people who parked their cars on either side of the road causing traffic jams when the parking area was only half full.
There was just the middle lane for other car's to get up and down the road. Cars coming down the road were having to back up to let cars coming from the other way pass through, it was mayhem.
wellfield
Hi Stratson......nice to know you still have your garden my friend!.....just keep plodding along!....none of us are getting any younger.
CAT
QUOTE (Heather @ 3rd Oct 2014, 04:54pm) *

A few years ago when the g'daughter's were young, one of them asked me how old I was and I told her 35 yrs old. She replied, ' Our dad is older than you'. We all burst out laughing as her dad is my son. laugh.gif

I'm going to stick with 35 I think. Don't think I will pass but as long as I believe it.
CAT
QUOTE (Heather @ 3rd Oct 2014, 04:54pm) *

Heather
What a day. It was raining all morning then the sun came out, now the rain is bouncing off the street.

I did intend going into Town today, but not now in all that rain.
Heather
Another dreich day. sad.gif

I got a box of M & S chocolates given to me yesterday, and today I ate the top layer one after the other as they were so good. smile.gif
bilbo.s
We get some dreich days here as well, Heather, and this is one of them with a few showers. We are awaiting the arrival of our daughter and her man, along with her two youngest, later tonight, and so we are hoping the weather cheers up soon.
TeeHeeHee
Recovering today from the wedding of the year: My big mate Kriss and Micha biggrin.gif
Picturesque village in the Black Forest. The Young vicar performed his first wedding in a church. His previous was a month ago in a rock Club called the "Rock Inn". Micha was led down the aisle by her father to the tune of "(You're) Amazing" followed by the Beatles "All you Need is Love" and a few other hits.
Reception was Held in another part of the Black Forest about 5 miles further away where it was fun, fun, fun till the wee hours biggrin.gif
Rain kept away until we drove home tongue.gif
Click to view attachment
bilbo.s
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 11th Oct 2014, 06:14pm) *
Recovering today from the wedding of the year: My big mate Kriss and Micha biggrin.gif
Picturesque village in the Black Forest. The Young vicar performed his first wedding in a church. His previous was a month ago in a rock Club called the "Rock Inn". Micha was led down the aisle by her father to the tune of "(You're) Amazing" followed by the Beatles "All you Need is Love" and a few other hits.
Reception was Held in another part of the Black Forest about 5 miles further away where it was fun, fun, fun till the wee hours biggrin.gif
Rain kept away until we drove home tongue.gif

Your big mate has got himself a wee cracker, Tomi.
TeeHeeHee
Thanks Bill. Kriss has such a stable and loving, tight-knit Family. It was such a pleasure to share this day with them all together on this Occasion. biggrin.gif
Heather
Jings Tee, no wonder you call him your big mate, he looks like a giant compared to his lovely bride.

Bill, with a bit of luck the weather will clear up for your family coming.
gardenqueen
We have been having some lovely sunsets here in Herts. It looks like the sky is on fire at times. It was raining this morning and felt a bit cold but by the time I walked back from shopping, I was wishing I hadn't worn a coat, it was that warm. The sun continued to be blinding (and warm) until sunset. Weird weather really but not complaining.

I bought a lovely tartan brushed cotton duvet set from M&S today so I am looking forward to a cosy night.
angel
I had a call from my granddaughter and her husband tonight
and they have told me that I will be a G. grandma come the spring.
I am delighted ' in fact I will be two G. grandmas' they
are expecting twins . biggrin.gif
gardenqueen
That is so lovely, angel. Twins, wow!!

Something to look forward to.

We are expecting our 4th grandchild in January. A little boy. That will be three boys and one girl.

The new baby's older sister came a month early so, it wouldn't surprise me if we had a Christmas baby.

What with my poorly husband and my daughter having to have an op soon (basal cell carcinoma on her nose), we could all do with something to cheer us up.

Congratulations, angel. A new baby (or two) is something wonderful.
angel

good morning GQ , you mentioning that you could have a new member to your family at christmas made me think about my son who was born on Christmas Eve many years ago and has since bemoaned the fact that he only got Christmas gifts and never a birthday gift biggrin.gif .

I do hope that your husband will be feeling much better soon and that all
goes well for your daughter with her surgery ,.. on the less stressfull side
I hope you had a warm cosy bed last night with that new Duvet .

My granddaughters news last night was such a wonderful surprise
that we were on skype until the wee sma' hours ,anyway , now I once more have good reasons to shop in the childrens department .

The weather here has been beautiful but now looking more like
Autumn , so hopefully when I cut the grass today it will be the last
time for this year , I will get that done and also put away the Patio
furniture . there is always plenty to do around the place .

Thank you for your very nice comment about
the new babies , cheers smile.gif

petunia
Congratulations Angel it will no doubt be a Happy Thanksgiving for you and yours
angel

Thanks Petunia , It really is a happy Thanksgiving
and hope that you too have a lovely weekend .
Heather
Wow Angel, congratulations on the expected twins. Very clever of you. laugh.gif
angel
QUOTE (Heather @ 12th Oct 2014, 12:19pm) *
Wow Angel, congratulations on the expected twins. Very clever of you. laugh.gif

Heather , it wis nae borra ataw biggrin.gif

Heather
Angel, no doubt you will also find the delivery of the twins, nae borra ataw. wink.gif
angel
QUOTE (Heather @ 12th Oct 2014, 02:21pm) *
Angel, no doubt you will also find the delivery of the twins, nae borra ataw. wink.gif

Heather that is Correct , laugh.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Heather @ 11th Oct 2014, 07:29pm) *
Jings Tee, no wonder you call him your big mate, he looks like a giant compared to his lovely bride ...

And to put things into perspective here's Kriss with his two Brothers ... note his older brother on the right is standing a little bit forward of Kriss; and slightly downhill laugh.gif .
Definitely the Land of The Giants tongue.gif
Click to view attachment

TeeHeeHee
I also mentioned somewhere on the Indy-Scotland Topic that there were a lot of different nationalities at the wedding ...

Click to view attachment

.. The bride, Micha (Michele) is Swiss, as is the girl on extreme right preparing to grab the bouquet (which she didn't get). The big girl, Sanny; Micha's best mate, in the long dress is a real Mongol, the Girl on her right is Turkish and Yusef, the guy coming down on the left is an Iranian.
Only a small sampling on that Picture with the Black Forest in the background ... taken by a Glaswegien biggrin.gif
Betsy2009
That sounds wonderful, TH. A real gathering of the nations.
Pity the lads aren't a few years older!
Heather
I was out in the garden today.
I gave the ground a good soaking then managed to dig out some of the over grown plants. The tubers were like hugh parsnips and about ten tubers all grown into each other. No wonder I could not get the fork through them.
I have dug half of that border then I gave up with an aching back and arms.
I will try and do another bit tomorrow.
angel
Heather , that how I work in the Yard , I never do it all in one day
and I always take a break when cutting the grass and stop for maybe 30 mins. or so , we had rain through the night so I will go out later today and get some more work done .
norrie123
Most of my garden is still flowering, too early to dig the flowers out

Bye for now, norrie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.