Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
norrie123
Hi heather,I think I could have fried an egg on my cars bonnet biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie
norrie123

Bye for now, norrie
norrie123

Bye for now, norrie
norrie123

Bye for now, norrie
norrie123

Bye for now, norrie
ashfield
Norrie, too many eggs are not god for you tongue.gif
Heather
Hey Norrie, has the heat gone to your head, or have you had too many cold beers. laugh.gif
norrie123
Woops, the page froze and I kept clicking blush4.gif

No way for me to delete the extra posts
Bye for now, norrie
norrie123
I was asked by Clyde Gateway to take photos of the spectators for the Games arriving at Bridgeton and Dalmarnock stations, hot work
Nice to see happy faces in the sunshine

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
We had rain here yesterday and today. Why does it always rain after I have watered the garden. rolleyes.gif

I have had a quiet day curled up on the sofa reading a book I got from the Library. smile.gif
Purplefan
i spent the day looking for a bottle opener, only ta discover it was a screw top.
norrie123
Hi Heather is your Internet Explorer still acting up?
My PC was in dock, not much wrong with it but they did advise me to stop using IE, they had loaded another set up, Google and thats what I am using, so far so good
I did have to log into my usual sites instead of just clicking on them, that's sorted now

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
Norrie, I swapped Laptops with my husband. ohmy.gif

Well he mostly does the Jig?one, he is not interested in anything else. laugh.gif

Maybe I will try Google on the other Laptop.

MacPean
Had a nice morning walking around Glasgow Uni gathering photos for a college project. I saw a mini version of Andy Scott's Kelpie sculptures there smile.gif
Heather
Another day spent reading the book I started a few days ago.
I finished it and started reading another one. laugh.gif

Nice and dry today. I hope the good weather continues.
Heather
I was in town today and it was very busy, Queen Street was choc-a-bloc. I can't remember seeing the Town so busy, not even at Christmas,

Coming home on the train from Queen Street Station I was lucky to get a seat as it was packed and when it got to High Street more people packed on, even though it was standing room only.

I did a bit of shopping buying a few things especially a new set of frying pans and I could not believe how expensive a decent set was.
I wanted a new set of bathroom mats which I usualy get in M & S, but they dont sell the kind they sold for years, the new kind look more like striped towels and they are not sold in sets.
Then I looked for a new plastic table cover, no luck there either.

I did buy a new swim suit, so I hope it fits me. I will try it on tonight.
gardenqueen
That's what London is like all the time, Heather, you never get a seat these days on trains and tubes, rush hour or not.

Do you have Dunelm anywhere near you? I usually buy from there or John Lewis when it comes to household goods.

I also like to dig around in TKMax and have found some lovely towels etc. there.

Hope your swimsuit fits. I have packed mine to take to France tomorrow but have also packed a few kaftan type tops as I doubt I will be going in the pool much, just lounging around.
wellfield
Just got back from a concert of 'Gershwin' tunes put on by the city municipal orchestra,the park was just down the street,very nice indeed....and today being Tuesday was the evening for the 'Farmers Market' (local food and pruduce) in the same city park...tons of international food.......earlier in the day we went to a British Pub (Ye Old Ship) for lunchtime Fish & Chips!.....been a busy day!
norrie123
Hi Wellfield, sounds good

Bye for now, norrie
mlconnelly
Heather if there is a Lidl in your area have a look, they sometimes have plastic table covers and they're very reasonably priced. Mary
Heather
Mary thank you for the tip. There is a Lidl down in the Main Street so I will have a look in when I am down there tomorrow.

GQ, have a good time in France.

My new swimsuit does not fit as it is a bit tight and short which annoyed me as I am no giant, slim and 5ft 2ins. So I will have to try the 12/14 and hope that it is not too big.
Heather
Mary, no luck in my local Lidl, they don't sell tablecovers of any kind.

One of my friends was laughing at me today when I told her I was looking for a new table cover until I said it was a plastic one I wanted.
She was laughing because I have a quite a few lovely linen tablecovers with napkins to match.
Especially a couple I bought in Venice in one of the Island where there are a lot of stalls selling lovely linen.
mlconnelly
Sometimes with Lidl its just your luck. I brought some beautiful able linen back from Italy too, the choice of designs and colours are brilliant compared to what you find here. Mary
Purplefan
Lidils is more like a famine relief center. I shop at waitrose "because i'm worth it" thumbup.gif
stratson
I beg to differ re. Lidl. Think is a good store and use it often.

Heather My son took me to the Forge Retail Park."Poundstretcher and the 1 SHOP HAD YOUR PLASTIC COVERS, LOVELY COLOURS TOO.". thumbup.gif
Heather
Stratson, I got one in my local Hardware shop today, it cost me 6. It's not as thick as the kind I remember my mum using when we were young.

When I was in Town a few days ago I passed Poundstretcher, but I did not think to try it. wub.gif

We sit at the table with our Laptops and I thought the table was getting too messy, so that is why I wanted a plastic cover for it.
Purplefan
This is my new burd I met online. She sent me this photo and I recon, I'm in with a chance.
I think she could do with a wax but hay, we can't all be perfect.
I'm meeting her for a deep fried haggis and buck fast so hay hay. wink.gif
norrie123
Hi purplefan, you should have went to Specsavers biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
laugh.gif laugh.gif Nice one Norrie.laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
Today I have been watching the last of the Commonwealth Games. Now I am watching the highlights and the closing ceremony is starting.

Lulu is on at the moment doing her usual Shout. laugh.gif

Dave Grieve
QUOTE (wellfield @ 30th Jul 2014, 06:15am) *
Just got back from a concert of 'Gershwin' tunes put on by the city municipal orchestra,the park was just down the street,very nice indeed....and today being Tuesday was the evening for the 'Farmers Market' (local food and pruduce) in the same city park...tons of international food.......earlier in the day we went to a British Pub (Ye Old Ship) for lunchtime Fish & Chips!.....been a busy day!

Was at the local shopping mall yesterday and went up to the rooftop open air rooftop restaurant area for something to eat, normally on a Sunday they will have a singer or two singing in the background while you enjoy your meal but yesterday it was a man playing the Cello and Violin, beautiful is the only word for it, I love to hear stringed instruments and it was a pleasure sitting there.
Purplefan
Speedway tonight.
Belle vue aces vs kings lynn.
Aces having a terrible season lost last two so hope for a team effort.

Come on the aces.
Purplefan
Awww. my poor wee steak pie has got aff ta a bad start.
I dusted my beef cubes with flour and salt and pepper. Fried them till they are
browned in all sides. Added my onions and thyme and parsely.
Then i poured in a pint of beef stock and it says bring to boil and let it simmer for 1/2 an hour.
Its stuck ta the asre of the pot. angry.gif
Noo i have ta get a wallpaper scraper ta scrap the burnt bits aff.

Wonder if i can still use the bits thats ok?

Up date:
There are little bits of black stuff i can see in my gravy. wonder if i strained it and put it in another pot it will be ok?

Thats not too bad. You cant even see the little black dots. thumbup.gif
Now for the puff pastry.
ashfield
Purplefan, I'm eating at Sweetpeas laugh.gif

I've been up a ladder all day clearing gutters sad.gif . When it rained yesterday (if you saw the road race round Glasgow you will know what I mean) we had wee waterfalls all along the roof. It's unbelievable how much stuff accumulates in a short period of time.
Purplefan
Can I come as well'? Looks like it's the chippy for me again.
Cooking is not my speciality.
ashfield
Very few people are "natural" cooks. If they didn't get the skills from watching or helping parents, most will learn by using cookery books or recipes from the internet. It sounds like you were on the right road with the steak pie though.
Purplefan
Went to speedway to watch a very poor result by aces against a formidable kings Lynn team aces lost 39-54.

I think Glasgow tigers beat Scunthorpe. If Norris was at the meet perhaps he could let me know the score?
Purplefan
Joining a cookery club.
Dimairt
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 5th Aug 2014, 01:24pm) *
Joining a cookery club.

Let us know how you get on PF.

Durachdan,

Eddy
Heather
I was in town today and it was very busy. I think a lot ot the Commonwealth Games visitors are still here.

The family were round today and my 16 years old g'daughter had her exam results with her to show us. She did very well getting all As & Bs, and all credit to her as she studies a lot and works hard at School. She goes into 6th Year when the School goes back in in two weeks time.

I also went to the wool shop and bought Aran wool to do more knitting. I think I will knit a childs sweater.
Heather
It is very rainy today and apparently it will get worse at the weekend with storms, according to the weather forecast.

I was going to go to Edinburgh today as I can get the bus a few minutes from where I live, but the rain put me off. sad.gif
TeeHeeHee
I've just had the pleasure today of opening one of my birthday presents from 46 days ago biggrin.gif
I wheeched up to 30,000 feet at the controls of an Airbus A380 wide-bodied Jet and landed very shakily at Glasgow Airport with probably 500 very very nervous passengers.
After a short turn-round I brought them down to Heathrow Airport and made a perfect landing ... much to my own surprize.
The sweat was trickling down my face throughout and when I parked the aircraft I noticed that the back of my Shirt was soaking wet ...

... imagine what that would have been like had it been a real A380 and not just a simulator somewhere in Basel, Switzerland. laugh.gif

All thanks to my German mate Detlef and his French wife Veronique.

Any time you're on an aircraft where the flight Crew have passed out you can now safely ask if there's a TeeHeeHee on board. tongue.gif

Click to view attachment

... and I've still got two pressies left to open cool3.gif
Heather
Well done Tee, you certainly enjoyed it even though it was a simulator. smile.gif

norrie123
Hi Purplefan 53-37 to Glasgow, I wasn't at the fixture, I was in Ostend doing WW1 war graves tour

Bye for now, norrie
bilbo.s
Ostend, eh ? Lots of memories there, Norrie.
norrie123
Hi BilboS, question, the promenades at Ostend and Blankenberg, was it all old buildings that were there, reason I ask as most of the buildings are modern high flats with some old buildings wedged in between
I was told that Ostend was run down, money has been spent all around town and on the beach, I was impressed

Bye for now, norrie
bilbo.s
Hi Norrie. I first went to Ostend in 1959, having been to Knokke in 1953. I returned for holidays many times over the years, helped by the fact that I got free rail passes to Dover. Those were the heyday for the Belgian holiday trade, before en masse tourism to Spain etc. There were about 4 or 5 sailings daily from Dover - a crossing no more. Obviously the reduction in that trade from UK must have affected the place. Our last trip there was for New Year 2006 and we had a great, if cold, time there, as it is still a great place for eating and drinking.

I guess there were always old traditional buildings along the front, but also modern apartment blocks. Great seafood restaurants, with the traditional moules frites - as much as you could eat !

I have quite a few fotiz from over the years 1959 -2006.
Heather
A very wet, cold and windy day here today.
I nearly got blown away when I was out this morning doing the shopping.
A gust of wind caught my umbrella and one of the spokes poked me on my eyebrow, oh it was sore.

I couldn't face the walk back from the Main Street with all the bad weather, so I got a taxi home.
norrie123
Hi BilboS, I would be interested in seeing the older photos
it was our first time in Belgium and we liked it
If there is any interest, I will post the photos I took, there are a lot, not like me I know biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie
bilbo.s
Click to view attachmentThese pix are for Norrie. I apologise if they are of no interest to other members. The colour ones are 1971 and the b&w ones 1962 Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.