Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
gardenqueen
I gave up on my IPod, Heather, it seemed more trouble than it was worth. Maybe it was me but I found it difficult to work with. It seemed ok when I first got it and could dowload songs from my own cds but I don't have a cd drive on my Chromebook and can't be bothered to get the old laptop out.

Instead, we subscribe to Spotify and can usually find any music we want to play on our Sonos. It is wonderful, well worth the money. I also have it on my phone with all my made up playlists so I can play it out of the house.

Today....I was feeling a bit jaded after a late night but wandered into town for the exercise mainly (a big hill to climb on the way back home, never gets any easier, lol). I went in for a coffee to a lovely restaurant we use in the evening and have become friendly with the owner. So we sat and had a chat for a while and I had a cafetiere of coffee - very reasonable at 1.89, I thought. I bumped into my daughter in law's mum and we had a chat for a while (difficult as she is Hungarian but we manage). Afterwards I went into just about every shop in an effort to find something suitable for my grandson to dress up as a bumble bee for the village parade this weekend. I couldn't find anything, not even to cobble together, so I came home and ordered one on Amazon for delivery tomorrow.

Spent the rest of the afternoon planning an extension to our downstairs cloakroom which my husband has finally agreed to having. I love to have a little project to manage.

Making a chilli this evening and a bit of tv watching I expect.
Heather
GQ, I got my g'son to sort my IPod out.

He showed me how to download songs without having to go on the Laptop and to go into ITunes just using the IPod. It was very confusing at first, in fact I told him the maths problems we got at School were easier, much to his amusement.
However, after explaining it a few times, I managed to download songs straight to the IPod. smile.gif

After some days of lovely warm weather we once again have the rain. Although it is not cold.
gardenqueen
glad it worked out Heather. I'm in bed with a nasty stomach bug I picked up from my grandson. a lot of it about.
ashfield
Not long back after being treated to a lovely lunch in a fine Italian restaurant. Well, it's not every day you "officially" become an OAP laugh.gif
bilbo.s
Congratulations, if that's the right word ! rolleyes.gif
norrie123
Hi Ashfield, hope you had a good time, Bye for now, norrie
Heather
GQ, I hope the tummy bug is clearing up now.

It is a very wet day today and right now the rain is pouring down.

I woke up early Sunday morning with cramp in my right leg, I felt like my leg was being twisted from the inside.
Today I am hobbling about because it is still very painful.
I have never experienced this before with cramp, so I don't have a clue what to do to ease it.
I think I will try a warm bath later on to see if the heat helps it.
gardenqueen
I'm getting there, thanks, Heather. Been sleeping a lot and still weak but should be ok for my holidays.

Re the cramp, my husband used to use Tiger Balm for cramps etc. from playing rugby. I have used it a few times for aches and pains too.

Good luck with it, hope you're better soon.
angel

Heather , should you get those leg cramps again ,
you might consider using Magnesium tablets
best thing that I have ever done to stop those
very painfull cramps , I take , maybe about three
tablets in a month , 250mg , better not to have the
pain than trying to ease it . .
Heather
We got a fright about ten minutes ago.
Out doorbell rang and it was a Policeman, I thought something had happened to one of the family.
Apparently one of our neighbours had their house broken into this afternoon and the Policeman wanted to know if we had seen or heard anything.

There is a grass area with trees and bushes between that neighbour and us, so the Policeman came through our house and checked our back garden and our door.
I was in all day and heard nothing.

He also told us there has been a spate of robberies in the Estate across the road from us, and as our son lives there I phoned him to let him know, but as his youngest daughter is still grounded with her broken leg he or his wife are in during the day as well as his elder daughter and sometimes his son who has a part time job and gets more working days during the University holidays.
gardenqueen
It makes you feel horrible to know that neighbouring houses have been broken into.

My daughter and her family live in a lovely little village in Hertfordshire. Many of the houses are empty all day as folk go out to work mostly. Recently there has been a spate of break-ins and it is worrying for them. They both work from home but they are soon going on holiday and have decided to have friends to come and live in while they are away.

You work to get a nice home and some people think they can just take from you.
Dylan
Thieves chancing their arm, this time of year hoping the occupiers are on holiday. ?

Housebreaking is a heinous crime.

Yet we still have idiots , telling the criminal world, on boards like this , that they are going on holiday.

rolleyes.gif

Be vigilant !!.
mlconnelly
I was passing St Georges X this morning and notice some bikes for hire. I was driving so couldn't take a photo, rolleyes.gif, Mary
Heather
Mary, it's along time since I saw bikes for hire.

Dylan, your right about thieves chancing their arm, they won't work or want, but rob from people who worked for everything they have.

They are taking a chance with the School's being on holiday and more children out and about.

There is a road at the back of our house's and the tree's and hedges don't stop the thieves, they just climb the fence into the back garden's.
Dimairt
Going to see 'A Hard Day's Night' at the GFT tonight. FAB!

Durachdan,

Eddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiW003U4iA8
gardenqueen
That album cover brings back memories. What wonderful songs! It was on the other night and it was great to have a glimpse back into "life" at those times. Enjoy, Eddy.
Dimairt
QUOTE (gardenqueen @ 15th Jul 2014, 05:00pm) *
That album cover brings back memories. What wonderful songs! It was on the other night and it was great to have a glimpse back into "life" at those times. Enjoy, Eddy.

Thanks GQ, it was indeed FAB! Lots of young people at the screening too, I'd expected just the bus-pass generation, like me and her indoors.

Durachdan,

Eddy
Heather
Help. When I am typing on the Board the words keep moving to the left right off the screen and I can't see what I have typed unless I press Preview.

I have tried Restore, but it did not help, anyone got a clue as to what I can do?
Heather
I did another Restore going back eight days and it seems to have worked.
The problem only started after new Update's downloaded.
No matter what I was doing the screen was rolling up on to a new screen.

I was doing Jigzone, and halfway through a Jigsaw with 108 piece's, the screen rolled up and I lost my Jigsaw, so I did it a second time and the same thing happened. ohmy.gif
norrie123
Hi Heather. glad your up and running, I feel lost when my PC is acting up

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
Norrie, when I tried to get into my email, I was told my browser was out of date and I had to download a new Internet Explorer. After doing a Restore I had to download Explorer again, now I
am back to the same problem.

When I am typing I have to watch when it comes to the end of a line and press the key to move
down to the next line, instead of it happening automatically.
I have to check Preview then fix the words into line or I get half a sentence on one line then a big space with the other half on line below it.
Heather
See what I mean. I can't get all the sentence together, and I don't have a clue how to fix it.
norrie123
Hi Heather, do you know any 8 year old pc experts biggrin.gif
I have no idea whats wrong , anything goes wrong with mine, I take it to the shop
Is there a thread on here for PC faults? if so post about your problem on there and there may be one of the members who knows more than us

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
Norrie, it only happened when I downloaded the new Internet Explorer, so it's to blame.
Every word goes along the top line and I can't check to make any corrections.
It all comes out all right most times when I Post what I have typed
Heather
Another lovely warm day here today.
I hope it continues especially with the Games starting on Wednesday.

I still have the same problem with the Computer and I have tried every Troubleshooter on the Laptop I could find, but nothing has helped.
norrie123
Hi heather, perhaps if you delete Internet Explorer and use another search engine, ask around before you do it
Heather
Norrie, I did delete it and I could not get into my email and the message came up that my browser was out of date so I had to download it again.
Heather

irfa
norrie123
Hi Heather after deleting IE, you should have loaded Google Chrome or something like that,in fact do it now, I have it but never use it. My IE is working normally
Have you never had the PC ask you if you want this or that programme to be your default
Have you any younger folk around you that could help?

Bye for now, norrie

bilbo.s
Heather, Use Firefox or Google Chrome instead of IE. Most Microsoft stuff is rubbish.
Purplefan
Relaxing in the sun with a bottle of buckfast and irn bru. tongue.gif
went to the speedway last night and belle vue lost to swindon 41 to 49
hence the need for buckfast.
Heather
Solved the problem guys, I switched Laptops with my husband. LOL

This is the Laptop I originally used, but an alpha key does not work, so if I ever have to use it I will just put a question mark instead. rolleyes.gif
Jupiter
Just got a winner Best Boy Barney at Southwell.Shall I burst my euphoria and cut the grass?
Bit warm out there.
ashfield
Aye, scorchio!

The temperature gauge here reads 27c but all I can say is, it's blinking hot yes.gif . Wee problem, the flying ants have arrived and are all over the patio. Bet they are all over Norrie's patio as well rolleyes.gif
Jupiter
Ashfield,I got in my car and the temp was 34 degrees,the air was so hot I felt it in my lungs.The ants are about as well,Im expecting lift off any time.
wellfield
Went sportsfishing off Catalina Island (CA) .....we caught approx. 40 red snapper and assorted rock fish!...rerr' terr'
wellfield
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 22nd Jul 2014, 05:21am) *
Relaxing in the sun with a bottle of buckfast and irn bru. tongue.gif
went to the speedway last night and belle vue lost to swindon 41 to 49
hence the need for buckfast.
Hi there stranger!.....go easy on that swill!....chuckle
norrie123
My IE has been down most of the day, cant think what was wrong
Tried self help, switched off and this is the first time back on line this 8-00 am

Yippeeee
Bye for now, norrie
norrie123
Hi Purplefan, where have you been? I expected you to get connected when you were in Glasgow
Guess your back down South, good to see you back on the board

Belle Vue still struggling, so are Tigers, though we beat Sheffield on Sunday

Bye for now, norrie
Purplefan
It was tough settling in Glasgow. My neighbours were noisy and the first week I was in, my flat was brooking into. I moved back down to manchester and got my old job back.
gardenqueen
Scorching first few days here in Budapest. Did the city bus tour then a trip on the Danube. All very pretty. Cost of living cheaper than expected but still dear for many things. Heaven knows though how the locals manage as wages low. A lot of rough sleepers etc. Yesterday was very wet though still warm. My son and his family came to see us and we went to The Great Market Hall and The House of Parliament by public transport in the rain. Handy having Hungarians with us. Ate out in city last night. 7 adults and one hungry child. 70. Including drinks not bad. Today we leave Budapest to stay at their holiday villa near Esztergom. Sunny again so looking forward to their pool and some real Hungarian home cooking.
ashfield
Sorry you couldn't settle back here Purplefan, if you're happy where you are then that's good. Don't let the bad experience stop you from coming up to visit the city.

Today is forecast to be the hottest day so far this year so I'll be going no further than my garden chair. I'll enjoy the quiet and have a wee read, until some joker starts their lawnmower that is laugh.gif
norrie123
Hi purplefan, sorry to hear of your experience in Glasgow, you have tried it and it didn't work out, at least you got your job back

Bye for now, norrie
Purplefan
Thanks norrie and ashfirld
Went to see Altrincham VS manchester united Under 21s.
United won 5-0.
ashfield
Today it will be not very much, we're sitting out in the garden where our temperature gauge currently reads 31c ohmy.gif . Aye, it's roasting I'm Glesga, but never fear, tomorrow we get showers and the gauge will drop at least
10 degrees huh.gif
gardenqueen
On way home now. Being driven to airport. Yesterday we went to a basillica in Esztergom and walked over a bridge to Slovakia. All very different to Hertfordshire lol. All very interesting though.
Heather
Would you believe that there was an advert on channell 5 today to prepare for Christmas. ohmy.gif

Boiling hot today and I'm staying inside out of the sun.
norrie123
I was taking photos for Clyde Gateway at Dalmarnock and Bridgeton
I was asked to take photo of people going to the games, locals relaxing at Bridgeton Cross and anything I thought would be interesting, I was at it for a few hours and it was hot, got to admit I am getting more into the games
I have just come in from the garden to cool off and edit the photos

A cool beer and a Malt Whisky later biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
Norrie, I decided to go and sit in the back garden for a while. I sat down on the bench and then leapt up, the bench was red hot. ohmy.gif
I had to put a cushion on the bench, but I did not stay out for long as it was too hot.

We have an electric fan on to cool the house down.

I can't remember the last time we had weather like this and I hope the visitors to Glasgow are enjoying it.
norrie123
Hi heather,I think I could have fried an egg on my cars bonnet biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.