Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Anne1
was feeling pretty mellow most of the day then my sister phoned cos it was my mums birthday today she would have been 94[died at 91] and there was no consoling my sister the day, feel the same maself now sad.gif sad.gif
Java
Aw, ah feel for ye Anne....ye must miss her loads.... sad.gif
Anne1
sad.gif thanks java tears trippin me noo
Java
Aw, you go right ahead hen....that's allowed....
Angela Chick
Aye its very tough anne, my mum and dad would have been married 43 today sad.gif we bought her flowers but not a card just didnt feel right flowers was best way to acknowledge the day. wub.gif
keelie gal
Well here is a big hug fae me anne x

That was lovely Angie wub.gif
Angela Chick
Jeez it never gets any easier its no fair. Feel choked up here maself.
Anne1
Thanks Angela and Keelie, my mum & dad were married 53yrs when ma dad died.
Angela Chick
Oh am away for a cuppa this is very sad be back later. wub.gif

A miss him so much just like the deserts miss the rain. sad.gif
glasgow lass
oh yooz,,noo ahm greetin furr mah granny sad.gif
glasgow lass
Aye its very sad here in Canada as 7 young lives were lost in car ceash at the weekend we must aw be feeling teary the day,,Lass
glasgow lass
Aye ahm away tae the gym it might cheer me up a wee bitty
penny dainty
Oh stoppit, I'll be greetin along side you all in a minute.Wee hugs to to all though cause I know how you are feeling, it will be my Dads birthday coming up soon , in february and then 4 days later Mum and Dads wedding anniversary.I always have a family dinner on the 6th just to quietly say happy birthday Dad, although no longer here , he's always in our hearts and minds every day.No Angela I don't think it does get any easier,but you learn to live with it. Nearly 20 years on , I still fill up when talking about him , I miss him.
glasgow lass
Aye thats me up bright eyed and bushy tailed jist after 4.30 am, got furst load laundry in as big son came home last night from uni for a day or so and gave me his washing lol unsure.gif) so ahm away tae make the coffee anybiddy like one with me ,,Ill be back,,who said that lol tongue.gif
lindamac
I so understand how some of you are feeling since Jan 14[monday ] was 2nd year since my Dad died,xmas day was 18yrs since my sister died & September was 2 yrs since my brother died It has been a heck of a few weeks ah huvty say think thats why ave no been oan as much lately ye know witta mean?On the upside ah cannae wait tae Huggle ma wee mammy in September with the added Bonus of several of you GGGem lassies eh? OMG ave thought o nowt else the day pals so cheer up theres nae need tae forget yer faimly thats left this earth thurr right near ye during these times enjoy the memorys of thum even if it involves a wee greet cause a figure tears are the outlet for the soul & spirit. wub.gif May all yer tomorows be brighter GGGems! biggrin.gif
betty2
Huv jist made ma tea an toast an jumped back intae bed. Wet miserable day here in glesca When am too tense ah think its common sense tae relaxavoo an am daen that fur the rest o the day rolleyes.gif
Elma
Good for you Betty, I had to go to a meeting this morning but I'm home again and am going to try and keep busy today. Today would have been my elder son's 47th birthday, unfortunately he was the one who was killed when he was only 28. He used to tease me saying he was nearly 30 and would that make me feel old!! Well, I'm old I guess now but I don't feel it, so much to do I haven't time to feel old. tongue.gif laugh.gif
Heather
Angela I did the same a few days ago. The g'daughters were in their element at being allowed to put the paper in the shredder.

Today I cleared out the Bookcase and now have 50 books up for grabs, any takers????
Among the books I am getting rid of is, ' The Da Vinci Code & Angels & Demons.
stuarty
am sorry for all the sadness the day but a always think that when you think of a person that has deceased are near you in your heart always and when new babies come in the family a think you will see a part of the person that has gone a think life has ups and downs and a wee huggle to all in pain am having an ok day today just for today
glasgow lass
Priceless Stuarty
betty2
Well done nowt the day , kept ma promise an relaxavood.

Elma like you no time to feel age that way we dont age , and I also have lost so many members of close family that this time of year I tend to sit and think of them. But keeping busy helps to shake the blues away.
Elma
I'm going to be careful when I go out tomorrow, we have a cougar wandering around the town, he has killed 2 deer already and we are being warned to keep our cats and dogs inside. mellow.gif
penny dainty
EEK! Elama, that's a bitty scary, keep yersel inside as well. ohmy.gif
I had my youngest daughter and her partner round today , they stayed all afternoon and then for tea.James has a music gig tonight and they suggested Mr Dainty and I went along, I jumped at the chance , but Mr. Killjoy wouldnt be in it, it's a lot of 70's and 80's they play , would have loved to go, so now not speaking to Mr.Partypooper. mad.gif
Angela Chick
Picking the wee guy(nephew) up from school today, he's a right wee character . biggrin.gif Like chatting to a mini adult right wee smart fella he is.

Pouring down here as usual am sick of this rain. mad.gif oh a need a holiday big time. lmao
keelie gal
Sounds good Angie a wee holiday in the sun would just be the ticket eh sure it would biggrin.gif

Rain is battering aff the windaes here and the winds are howling so canny see me getting out much today ,just out to get a few messages and back in as its too cold ,got the lassies comming round tonite fer a wee wummins night so need to get to asda's fer wine and nibbles biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
Oh it sure would keelie biggrin.gif we are thinking of Jamacia, Dom Rep, or Mexico this year some great deals on the internet been looking around.

Enjoy your girlie night keelie. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Aye well thats me ahm aff tae the gym >>>>anybiddy want to come with me tongue.gif
murn
hawd on an I'll get ma stuff laugh.gif
betty2
Done the trolley dash at the supermarket, cripes bein a wummin is hard work huh.gif came hame hud a cuppa an a cinnamon whirl [luv them] done the xword noo oan here tae see whit,s goin on rolleyes.gif
stuarty
elma they recon dartmoor has pumas a dont fancy bumpin into either of them a stayed in again as am no 100% but it will pass
Heather
It was such a wet and windy day here today, so when going out I put a hat on. I just got a few minutes along the Avenue when the hat blew off. I went chasing after it and ended back where I started as the hat stopped at our gate.
I couldn't help laughing at myself, and I don't know what people must have thought as I walked along the road with big a grin on my face. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
wish I had seen that Heather laugh.gif laugh.gif
stuarty
your hat was reading your mind as inwhere evere a lay my hat thats my home and home it wanted to stay dont blame ir either brrrrrrrr cold out
Anne1
very witty stuarty top of the class for you laugh.gif
penny dainty
Stinky hot again today , put the dog in for her haircut and shampoo ,then went looking about the shops .Came home and made a lasange , canneloni , chicken and mushroom pie and a beef and red wine casserole, great , saves cooking when I come in from work next week. biggrin.gif
Anne1
youve been a busy lassie dainty, im of to meet friend at lunch time then on to bingo with her, so looking forward to that, then later go in a sit with ma wee neighbour for half an hour for tea and natter.
glasgow lass
Aye me well ahm up and almost oot tae the gym aha so sick of that place tongue.gif ) then its off tae work forr a few hrs ,,,goat tae take it when yi get it is mah motto tongue.gif so have a nice day everybiddy,,Lass
stuarty
Rab are you no gone up to see the boat show a saw a bit on the news it looks very good when in ibiza some of the yaught had cars in the hold small though they maybe but great idea SORRY if a posted in wrong topic but a didnot know where to post this and as the show is on the day a though it appropriate it here wub.gif
lindamac
Iam trying to catch up oan all the posts as I have only got on for a few hrs in past fortnight so shall get on with it see ya's biggrin.gif
penny dainty
Well Monday morning loomed around again , 6.30 start, sigh! roll on friday smile.gif
RonD
Aw, Penny don't wish yer life away, ah cin laugh and love and enjoy life oan a Monday as well as Friday, try it ! unsure.gif
Melody
Oh Ron that's a tall order. laugh.gif
RonD
Aye bit if ye staun' oan yer tippytoes ye might reach it wink.gif biggrin.gif
Melody
laugh.gif Ah'll try Ron, but ah've got a horrible feelin' ah'll need a ladder ah'm only wee.
RonD
Och, it disnae matter if yer wee Melody its yer goals that huv tae be lofty!!! huh.gif smile.gif
Java
Mornin' Everybody biggrin.gif Looks like ah'll be hirin' a boat....it's chuckin it doon here, has been aw night and set tae carry oan aw week.....anybody want some rain?
RonD
Don't know whits worse Java, wellies or mukluks, its awfae cauld here an' we hud a dustin' o' snaw.
Melody
That made me smile Ron, I was forever telling my children to reach for stars because if they fell they wouldn't fall too far down. laugh.gif Ah wonder if they remember that? laugh.gif Ah think they just remember the daft things ah said. Are you off on your travels today?
RonD
Naw Melody! it's Monday ah'm jist sit in ma room and sook ma thumb! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Hud a good nap, noo ah'm gonnae catch up in some paper work that been pilin' up. Mibbe ah'll see some local customers this efternoon.
stuarty
a went to hospital and a got lots of tests done and the phlbitomist a think her second name was dracula as she took 6 big vials of my preshious blood and it was all pandamonium cause there guy in the cubicale across fom me passed out and a said the wummin needs your help as her patient passed oot a think hee seen aww ma blood anyway a had to get all these touch tests etc and now a go back friday at 2 pm for the scan also I have to have a new tablet and a spray thet numbs my nose if a feel any pain coming on so that was me the day so roll on friday a have a full week as a friend of mine is 70 on wednesday and 40of us have arranged a surprize meal we rented the place out for the night and then teeth on thursday and will be sorted by following thursday a hope and a think if sumbidy just dug a big hole a go in it until its all finnished laugh.gif oh and the rain has not stopped
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.