Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
penny dainty
Workin! tongue.gif Great to see you back Anne biggrin.gif
murn
workin from the hoose again, well a will be when a get off the board huh.gif
tammy
Working
glasgow lass
Aye jist got home no too long ago,,aha had a great day wish they were aw like this tongue.gif hows everybiddy laugh.gif
Heather
Went to the Dentist today. I was having toothache and he did somethig to the tooth and when I went to the desk to pay, there was no charge. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Hi Heather is dental treatment not free any more over there,,,Lass
Heather
Lass, Dental treatment was never free as far as I can remember, except for children and people on Social Security. We always have to pay. sad.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye angel could that have been me,,was she tall , slim ,blond and blue eyed,,, if so then she was not me tongue.gif
stuarty
heather a was at the dentist at 345pm and then a trip to the doctors at 5pm and have to have a brain scan hopfully in the next 2 weeks just another day in paridise well ave got a brain anyhow that was the good news laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Aye Heather when I live there as a child I remember that it was free,,,, aha had one tooth out with gas and I vowed not to do that again tongue.gif and of course my mun scared me by saying that the dentist was always drunk,,,mah mother eh laugh.gif
Heather
Lass your lucky the drunken Dentist took out only one tooth and not the lot. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye Heather did they not know aboot fillings back then, it seemed like aw they did was pull teath,,I didn't know anyone who got filled, the tooth always a yank tongue.gif
glasgow lass
always GOT yanked ,,,before Rab sees this laugh.gif laugh.gif
glasgow lass
and another laugh.gif laugh.gif ,,, Teeth lol
glasgow lass
aha do hope that Rab wont see that tongue.gif
glasgow lass
Aye well lassies its almost time for the gym, so I'll be seeing you as my eyes could use a wee rest from the puter,,,Lass smile.gif
penny dainty
Dear Rab , think you should check out whitye daen the day topic , Lass has been sayin things, dont tell her I told you .OOPS! I hit the send button. laugh.gif
Hey Lass wanna shot of my specs? if you do and you can find them , let me know will you , am cross eyed wi oot them. cool.gif
Usual day at work, busy , busy.Went to the shops when I finished and bought 2 butterflies, very pretty , they are for my new outdoor area.
murn
Penny how dae yee keep them fae flying away, huv yee got them chained up?? ohmy.gif

Lass it used tae be the dentist wis free until yee were 21.

Putting in a couple of hrs work then have tae drop off at the office wae it, hope tae be back early TGIF
keelie gal
Had a massive clear oot i was fed up looking at stuff in cupboards and drawers none of us ever use so got up this morning and decided to be ruthless i have filled 4 big bin liners ready for the charity shop,i had been asking my John tae have a sort through his warbrobes fer ages but as per usual has never bothered so i have done it for him just hope when he gets in fae work he wont go spare as i have chucked out so much of his stuff rolleyes.gif oh well canny say i never gave him plenty of warnings,so thats me stopping fer lunch then it s on to attack the spare room ,i sure are on a roll today laugh.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif aw keelie come on up to my house and you can rake and bag aw ma rubbish dont let your energy go to waste laugh.gif
keelie gal
Ochh Nae Bother Anne stick the kettle on pal and i will fly up am on the red bull doll i have wings laugh.gif
penny dainty
Erm! Keelie , while yer wings are in use , I've a few cupbards here that could do with a wee clean oot and Mr. dainty is REALLY needing to clean out the garage, if your free pop over pet, it's nice and warm the day laugh.gif
Made bread this morning and going to make soup later to go with it for lunch.
penny dainty
Murn , the butterflies are well trained , they wont fly away.
jakka13
Keelie pet ,wish I had your will power .I get the bin bag ready ,start going through my closets (3) look at good clothes and decide !!!!! If I lose five or ten pounds I'll wear that again !!!!.I think most of them are of a timeless style ,so won't go out of fashion .Hard to part with some good stuff .
On the other hand I could clear out my mans closet in five minutes .He tends to wear the oldest ,rattiest shirts he can find .Never the freshly laundered and ironed ones .??? mad.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye as its almost tomorrow and I'll be away galavanting most of the time ,, mah furst stop will be at the gym for 7.30 cant wait tae get there we have great clases at the weekend then its on to have a nice steam sauna and a nice long hot shower ferr mah burning mussles,,mr Lass wants to take me oot after that,,, maybe ferr a nice lunch and aha wee glass of vino jist for me though ,, he'll be driving so no vino for him ) and who know's after that tongue.gif ,,,, have a great weekend everybiddy,,Lass
penny dainty
Oh Lass you put me to shame, I got up late today , well didnt get to bed till late last night , was at Lindamacs place having dinner and a lovely dinner it was too.Went out this morning for some shopping and had brekky.
glasgow lass
Aye penny my day started out as planned than about thirty mins into my class I suddenly pulled a muscle in my shoulder,,,just continued with my work out and may have made things worse so Ill take a rest for a day or so till it starts to feel better sad.gif
betty2
Right now going to relax and read the papers, thats what sundays are for rolleyes.gif
penny dainty
OOH ! Lass that would be painful , hope it feels better soon.
Well Monday morning started work at 6.30, finished at two. walked home and had coffee with Mother out the back garden.It's very humid today . the kind of heat that makes you tired, not nice, it needs to storm.
Elma
These time zones boggle my mind, you are talking about Monday afternoon Penny and it is still Sunday evening here!! ohmy.gif

What am I doing on Monday, well first of all I'll go to bed!! Then in the morning I have to go to the store to get the DVDs ready for release day on Tuesday, I have a Presbyterian Womens' Group meeting in the afternoon and then I'm going to an Epicure party in the evening. Epicure make spices etc., expensive but very good, I'll try not to buy to much!! laugh.gif
glasgow lass
biggrin.gif Aye well thats me lunch is over so back tae work sad.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye ahave jist heard that we are going from the fridge tae freezer mid week but,,,,nae snaw yipee dipee,La La La La La tongue.gif
lindamac
Iam so enjoying a restful day at my pc since I haven't had a chance to be on for days,EEK! ave over 300 emails tae catch up oan seems like a mountain ah better climb eh? biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif stay well GGGems.
penny dainty
Didnt start work till one o'clock today so had a long lie, had a wee potter about the house , spoke to Lindamac on the phone , then off to work, quite a pleasant day .
glasgow lass
laugh.gifA ye thats me,,, had lots of fun here on the boards the day , I am going to try the gym soon and give my sore shoulder a wee go,,,,so see you aw later,,,aye good luck Lass wink.gif
Heather
The last two days I have been doing a clear out.

Yesterday I cleared out drawers in the Unit and got rid of a pile of Birthday & Anniversary cards that I always hate to throw out, but I did it.

Today I started in the bedrooms and have cleared out two wardrobes. The bin was emptied yesterday and now it is full. I also have a bag of clothes to take down to the Chapel Hall where they pack clothes to send to places like Bosnia etc.
You really feel silly when you come across clothes, that at the time of buying you just had to have them, then you find them two years later in the wardrobe with the tags still on them and never worn, and clothes hardly ever worn.

Next to get cleared out is the bookcase. The last time I did that was a couple of years ago and I took almost 100 books over to the Retirement Home a few minutes from where we live.

I hope my husband takes the hint and does a clear out of his wardrobe as I dare not touch it. ohmy.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif Today Ive got an appt, at Opticians then we are going to Falkirk for a wee look round shops, want some new bedding for our room, and maybe a wee bit lunch[weather providing of course] and maybe pick up a wee treat or two for us wub.gif [well especially me]
penny dainty
Me too Anne , me too pleaaaaaaase laugh.gif
Went to work as usualThe doc must have been on a promise as he went faster than a bat oota hell, I was run ragged trying to keep up, then I walked home , took the dog for a walk and then collapsed . Phew! got up and made some soup for lunch and then came on here. biggrin.gif Busy Busy
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye,,,, me well aham almost oot the door for another work day ,,,aw how aha love tae get up and out in the morning there's nothing like it ,,,I'll be back efter God willing so have a smashing day everybiddy,,,Lass wub.gif
betty2
Am huvin a well earned rest day just lollin aboot daen nothin rolleyes.gif
keelie gal
Am having a day searching on the Internet for flights and accomadation for my son to go to Barcalona to see his beloved celtic play biggrin.gif
RonD
Ah've been dae'in the same Keelie, lookin' fur flights tae Estonia and then tae Scotland!
betty2
Keelie My family found it cheaper getting a flight and accomodation to Salou, its only a 45 min train journey to Barcelona from there. ,and a world of difference in cost they got a great deal 145 per person for a week. Give that a look at she got it on the internet, they leave on the 28th february, so they get a weeks holiday plus seeing their beloved celtic rolleyes.gif
keelie gal
Thanks for that Betty i never gave Salou a thought but i will be searching Salou and all all options as you say the prices are going sky high at the moment there is 12 of them going out so im really keen to get the best deal i can for them biggrin.gif Ron good luck with your search for your flights hope ye pick up a few bargains biggrin.gif
betty2
Let me know how you get on keelie [back oan topic] thats whit am daen the day waitin in anticipation rolleyes.gif
Heather
The bookcase did not get cleared out today, instead I cleared out the cupboard in the sitting room where we keep odds and ends. I pulled everything out then decided the walls looked a bit dirty, so I got a tin of Cream Emulsion that was in the shed and did the walls and ceiling.

It was dry after a few hours and I put everything back. I picked up a bag that I use for my swimming things and thought it was a bit heavy, so I checked all the zip parts and all in I found just over 15. A 5 note and the rest in loose change. laugh.gif
keelie gal
See what happens when ye have a wee clear oot heather its amazing the things you find eh! I had a massive clear oot last week and found things i thought i had lost years ago laugh.gif
Java
marbles don't count...laugh.gif
Anne1
that heather s got that much change cos she never pays for a drink at the bar laugh.gif laugh.gif
Angela Chick
A took a maddy with the shredder the day and got rid of 5 boxes of letters, receipts and stuff biggrin.gif lauren was howling saying mum your para about indentity theft. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.