Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
annie laurie
QUOTE (Heather @ 10th Oct 2013, 08:25pm) *
It's been all go in our house this week.

Taking down summer curtains, washing windows and surrounds, then washing blinds. After that was done the winter curtains were put up in the sitting room and one of the bedrooms
I still have two bedrooms to take apart.

The kitchen has all been painted and I washed down the walls in the bathroom as it is fully tiled.

My husband is sitting here totally worn out.

annie laurie
Heather ,
I wish i had your energy i need to be doing all the same things
Especially my windows,
Great feeling though when everything is sparkling clean is'nt it, thumbup.gif

Dont know where the Summer has gone cant believe it is almost half way through October,
Temperature getting a lot cooler here now in the evenings . yes.gif
Heather
It's bitter cold here today.

Annie, I refuse to wait until nearer Christmas then wear ourselves out doing all that cleaning.

I still have the other two bedrooms to do, but I made a start on the kitchen cupboards taking everything out and cleaning inside with Flash, it does a good job. Then washing everything before putting them back.
I can't understand why we have four tea & dinner sets. I guess that is from the days we thought we just had to have these things just in case, rolleyes.gif
I still have more cupboards to do, but I'm getting there gradually.

Now Annie, you just make a start, go on, go on. wink.gif
Jupiter
Watching the Stones in Hyde Park on the BBC iPlayer.Thousands of youngsters and the band enjoying themselves.Seems like light years from their gig there 44 years ago. Magic.
I had a taste of the free Hyde Park concert at the same time with Blind Faith another unforgettable experience,where did 44 years go?
Stillroom
We just got back from holiday, stopped in at Asda to get a few things, oh couldn't believe they were playing Christmas songs and me just had ma summer holidays, we've no even had Halloween, we've put the heating on! A nice wee bit of steak pie veg with rhubard pie to follow that'll do nicely xxx to all
Heather
Aye Stillroom Christmas is not far away. ohmy.gif

Today I took the summer curtains down in the other two bedrooms, ironed the heavy one's and put them up.
I'm jiggered and my poor legs have got bruises on them from bumping into everything when moving things about so I could use the ladders to get one set of curtains down, then the others up.

Now I am having a well earned rest and a cup of tea.
Dave Grieve
Enjoy your cup of tea Heather, glad to say I had forgotten about that winter, summer curtain ritual the only time we change them is when its newly bought or time for as clean.
Heather
Dave my mother's habits are ingrained in me and a lot of my generation. yes.gif

I still go daft on Hogmanay cleaning the house before the Bells. laugh.gif
Purplefan
laugh.gif smiling today.
ashfield
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 17th Oct 2013, 11:55am) *
laugh.gif smiling today.

Why..........is it pay day huh.gif
Purplefan
Nope. Just thought i'd smile. smile.gif

To Quote mr Louis Armstrong (the first black trumpet player to set foot on the moon)

When you're smilin' keep on smilin'
The whole world smiles with you

Give it a go. thumbup.gif
Betsy2009
Works for me!
serabash
you made me smile pf thumbup.gif wink.gif
Purplefan
QUOTE (serabash @ 17th Oct 2013, 12:12pm) *
you made me smile pf thumbup.gif wink.gif

Its working already.
Purplefan
still smiling. smile.gif
serabash
right spill the beans have you found a girlfriend unsure.gif
Purplefan
Actually, i might be moving back to Glasgow in the New year.
Got a house in Cathcart. Not available till January but i was verbally offered it
the other day. That's why i'm smiling. smile.gif
serabash
congratulations hope it all works out for you and you meet a nice glesga lassie. wink.gif
Purplefan
well i need ta find a glesga job first, but that is in hand.
so it looks like it is working out.
serabash
great stuff. awe the best wink.gif
DavidT
That's good news Purple. I think there will be a big new bus depot at Cathcart. Good luck smile.gif
Purplefan
Thanks Dave, That's great. DO you know if it is in operation?
norrie123
Hi Purplefan if it the First Bus depot at the old container base in Gorbals, Gulshiehill, the site is still being cleared of old concrete

Welcome back to your hometown and Gods Country
Bye for now, norrie
Purplefan
Thanks Norrie. Just got the tenancy agreement in the post this morning.
starts on the Monday 13th January. Proper footy at last partick thistle; Battered sausages and mutton pies;
Haggis suppers, i canny wait; well fired rolls. wink.gif
And ill be able to vote in the referendum.
Off to the footy today.
Altrincham vs Brackley Town. thumbup.gif
Betsy2009
That's great news, Purple. I almost wish I was coming with you. It would be so lovely to be back home again. Keep that smile on your face - it's infectious.
Purplefan
Thanks betsy. I have been watching it on google earth all morning laugh.gif
Thinking what my new life will be like in cathcart.
DavidT
QUOTE (norrie123 @ 18th Oct 2013, 04:13pm) *
Hi Purplefan if it the First Bus depot at the old container base in Gorbals, Gulshiehill, the site is still being cleared of old concrete

Welcome back to your hometown and Gods Country
Bye for now, norrie

Oops. Sorry. It must have been the Cathcart Rd part that stuck in my mind. Any idea what will happen to the old depot?
norrie123
Hi davidT, no idea but I will be keeping my eyes on both of the sites
They built flats on the Plaza Ballroom site, maybe there will be others

Bye for now, norrie
john.mcn

It took them a long time to get rid of those, and the ones up from the old Whylies.
Purplefan
working. 10am till 4pm. sad.gif
norrie123
Painting the kitchen after the new units were installed

Bye for now, norrie
TeeHeeHee
I've just put in a real busy week down at the hotel again. I cut a channel about 6" wide x 12" deep and a good 18 foot Long across a driveway so I could put an electric cable from the cellar to a Garage (where the Boss has stored his brand new top of the range Ferrari wink.gif ); after digging the same length through a garden piece first. To make it all harder I did all that after having whacked myself on the knee with a hammer at home the week before and pulled a shoulder muscle heaving a great big heavy cabinet around while getting a room ready for my mate from Berlin who's coming to stay for three months with us.
So on Thursday after I'd bought 6 bags of cement to fill in the channel in the driveway after laying the cable in it's protective shroud; and Thursday afternoon being reserved for Bonnie, I decided to blow Friday out and finish the Job on Saturday since the weatherman had promised 22C ... and kept his promise biggrin.gif
Yesterday I put in a good 6 hours from 9 till 3 in my T Shirt with the sun on my back. Mary couldn't understand me wanting to go in on a Saturday.
Today, I went out onto the balcony which is practically a part of the garden and enjoyed a coffee and a cigarette while watching the rain come down in buckets and thought of that well hardened cement that I layed in the sun yesterday. tongue.gif
Heather
Your a busy man Tee. I hope your boss pays you plenty of money.

I'm having a wee cup of tea just now after making a big pot of soup now the weather is getting colder.

Norrie join the clan as my husband painted the kitchen last week.
Right now he is putting together a new bathroom cabinet as our other one fell apart. No shame to it, it was there when we bought this house 27 years ago.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Heather @ 20th Oct 2013, 03:10pm) *
Your a busy man Tee. I hope your boss pays you plenty of money.

The money's rubbish Heather ... but there's bags of hours. laugh.gif

They, him and his wife, are a pleasure to work for though ... or they wouldn't see me for dust. wink.gif
Heather
Quite right Tee. A good boss makes a difference in any job.

I remember many years ago starting a new job and although I was a fully qualified Accounts Clerkess, the woman who were older than me were treating me as a Junior having me running about after them.
The boss just shrugged his shoulders as to what was going on. So at lunch time so I told him what I thought of him and his staff and walked out.

Wha daur meddle wi me. lol
norrie123
Hi tee hee hee, thats what I like to hear, a person who likes their job

Heather, quite right to pack it in but nowadays with good jobs being scarce, you may well have had to bite the bullet
Bye for now. Norrie
Heather
Ah Norrie, I was only a few months married, so I had a man to keep me. laugh.gif

norrie123
Hi Heather, I always said that a non working wife was a luxury that few men could afford biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie
Purplefan
Im watching a show about "The Yeti". They reckon he is in the himalayas.
Sorry but your wrong. I was driving through campsie glen in the mid 1980's and me and my mate saw him there.
Heather
I have had a busy day.
I cleared out six shelves in my china cabinet and washed everything.
A china tea set, a miniature coffee set we got as a wedding present. crystal bowl and glasses and a collection of wee crystal ornaments. Then I washed what seemed like a hundred Caithness glass ornaments.
I still have the items in the closed part to wash, three cupboards full.
I also have a shelf full of glasses in one of the kitchen cupboards, it's their turn tomorrow.

Any one having a party and are short of glasses, then you know where to come. laugh.gif
Elma
Isn't it funny Heather how much we have accumulated and rarely use! In my buffet I have my wedding china, my mother's china and also my grandmothers, my mother's silver tea set which was a wedding present to her as well as silver trays and other things and a whole bunch of glasses, all of which I can't get rid of they are much to precious yes.gif Maybe one of these days........
Purplefan
Dreaming about Glasgow. smile.gif
Heather
Elma, you are so right about the things we collect.
I still have two china tea sets that I got in wedding presents 55 years ago, and a lot of presents we got for our Silver Wedding. some still in their boxes.

I have just finished cleaning out the kitchen cupboards inside and out, my kitchen is gleaming.
I washed everything that could be washed.
Threw out some items including some wee fancy glass bowls that I did not have a clue why I had them. They went into the bin for glass items, I also threw out some packets of food items that were in the cupboard for a long time, but had no 'Use By Date 'on them.

Now I am having a well earned rest and a cup of tea. smile.gif
Heather
Elma, you are so right about the things we collect.
I still have two china tea sets that I got in wedding presents 55 years ago, and a lot of presents we got for our Silver Wedding. some still in their boxes.

I have just finished cleaning out the kitchen cupboards inside and out, my kitchen is gleaming.
I washed everything that could be washed.
Threw out some items including some wee fancy glass bowls that I did not have a clue why I had them, I think there was some kind of food in them. They went into the bin for glass items, I also threw out some packets of food items that were in the cupboard for a long time, but had no 'Use By Date 'on them.

Now I am having a well earned rest and a cup of tea. smile.gif
witshisname
Just sitting here looking at all the brightly coloured leaves falling off the tree's and watching people walk by all bundled up...guess it's chilly oot there...lol
norrie123
Spent most of the day, painting and tiling our kitchen, only a wee bit of grouting to do, yippeeeeeee

Bye for now, norrie
jeep
Good for you Norrie.
I spent the day climbing Callender Crags tongue.gif
I wont make Dumayat Hill tomorrow sad.gif :
Good wee hill.
Have a nice day

Jeep
jakka13
I finally finished cleaning and dusting everything .Having been at the cottage for five months means a lot of work when I come home .I did all my Swarofski Crystal bits (32 of them )I love them but they take a lot of work .Scoured two bathrooms ,hoovered and polished .The place looks like a new pin so tomorrow I'm going to take it easy and try and finish Nessie thumbup.gif
norrie123
Hi jeep, that can be tough at times as its straight out the car and up, fair gets the heart rate going

Need to go soon, hill walking awaits

Bye for now, norrie
jeep
Norrie, we took a different way up. Steep but very nice walk.

It takes you about 200 yards from the Queen Victoria Monument then its back down the usual way with a nice wee diversion.

Looks like good weather today

Jeep
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.