Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Purplefan
watching
Tipping the Velvet. It's bloody good. thumbup.gif
angel

I spent this afternoon returning some items that I had bought through the week , ..... Sunday , usually is'nt the best day for returns but it got me out for a few hours , it's been such a beautiful day , also as I was having problems with my new Cell phone , I got that sorted out , so all in all ,
very satisfying .
Purplefan
I am off to the speedway tonight.
we have poole pirates.
we lost to Wolverhampton last monday after 5 wins.
So we need to get back on track.
norrie123
Hi Purplefan, watch out, Glasgow Tigers are roaring back, we drew last week against Sheffield
Mind you there as bad as us
We thrashed Edinburgh yesterday in the first round of the Scottish Cup, but to be honest they had a very weakened team
Will we win over the two legs, I doubt it

Bye for now, norrie
TeeHeeHee
IVe just come back from another day in a wee Black Forest village where I've been painting walls White in the flat that my big mate Kriss will move into, from Switzerland, this weekend.
I spent 4 days out there last week and I'll need at least another two this week.
We went out together to look at it on Sunday afternoon.
See when you're finished Tomi, can you go out to Switzerland and do that one too before I hand it over?
No Kriss.
His new landlord said I was doing a great Job and asked me if I'd do the stairwell too.
He got the same answer. laugh.gif
Meanwhile, back at the Hotel this morning my Boss was showing me his new state-of-the-art Ferrari. I said there was one one Thing on his new Ferrari that was exactly the same as my old Mercedes,
What's that? he asked with an unbelieving tone of voice.
Your brake discs ... There the same size as my summer-tyres. tongue.gif laugh.gif
angel

I was at the podiatrist this afternoon
so now I have very happy feet
and up and ready to go on my vacation
at the end of the month .
Purplefan
QUOTE (norrie123 @ 9th Sep 2013, 04:39pm) *
Hi Purplefan, watch out, Glasgow Tigers are roaring back, we drew last week against Sheffield
Mind you there as bad as us
We thrashed Edinburgh yesterday in the first round of the Scottish Cup, but to be honest they had a very weakened team
Will we win over the two legs, I doubt it

Bye for now, norrie

we lost 28-35. But our team had a few out.

Niels-Kristian Iversen (G); Craig Cook(R/R); Kevin Wolbert; Ulrich Ostergaard; Magnus Zetterstrom (Captain); Ales Dryml; Lasse Bjerre (G)

what dose G R/R mean?
norrie123
Hi Purplefan, was the meeting rained off? strange score
G means guest, R/R means Rider Replacement using one rider with the highest average above the rider who has been replaced, then the rest of that riders races are taken by the next three riders with lower averages
Confused??? biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie
Purplefan
It was rained off i am not sure what heat it was 8 i think,
But the result stands.
Betsy2009
Tipping the Velvet - naughty man!
Purplefan
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 9th Sep 2013, 10:23pm) *
Tipping the Velvet - naughty man!

I only watched it because i am intrested in victorian Britain and
not because of the lesbian bits in it.
Heather
Not doing much today as I have been out and about the last couple of days.

I have become hooked on Channel 811 watching, " The Waltons " and "Little House on the Prairie". Then on Channel 807 there is. "Monarch of the Glen" and " Tenko". I sit and watch them whilst doing my knitting.
We don't get programmes as good as these anymore. laugh.gif
annie laurie
Heather,

I also watch the Waltons, everyday at lunch time,
like you say good old fashion enjoyable TV watching,
Also Anne of Green Gables,

Have you heard in the UK if there is going to be a sequel to '"Call The Midwife" or Downton Abbey,
I hope so, they was terrific I did not miss one and taped them also,
Betsy2009
Thanks for that Heather. I hadn't got as far as 811 so I'll look forward to checking it out tomorrow.
Purplefan
Off to Glasgow flat hunting for the weekend and watching the Jags.
Heather
Annie, my sister who lives in America was visiting Canada a few years go and she bought me the DVD's of Anne of Green Gables. They have the full story from beginning to end.
I have watched it so often I could act it.

I first read the book when I got it from the School Library.

Another series of Downton Abbey is due to start soon, and I'm quite annoyed at them killing off Matthew.
I don't know about Call the MIdwife.

Betsy, I hope you enjoy 811.

I broke a tooth this morning, or maybe I should say a tooth fell apart.
I got an emergency appointment at the Dentist and I have to go back on Monday and get the rest of the tooth out as it can't be saved.
An unexpected expense. sad.gif
annie laurie
Thanks Heather for your reply, appreciate you,

Hope it does not cost to much to have your tooth removed, and not to painful either,

I love Anne of Green Cables also this is a re-run still i enjoy them,

Looking forward to Downton Abbey again, although probably be later when we get it here,

CheersX

P>S> I have also started my winter knitting again, doing a doggy coat at the moment, [to send to Scotland would you believe :-)) }
norrie123
Hi Purplefan, best of luck on both of your reasons for being in Glasgow at the weekend

Bye for now, norrie
RonD
Hi Heather and Anne of Green Gables fans. I live about 9 kM from where the author of the Anne of Green Gables books lived for 11 years in the village of Leaskdale, Ontario. She was married to Ewan MacDonald a Prebysterian minister. The local society has preserved the house and conducts tours and does teas in the old church. It is surprising how many Japanese tourists stop by to take pictures in this rural hamlet. Some of the film making was done in nearby Uxbridge, Ontario.
wee davy
Ah hid two visitors today - so kind of them to call.
I'm now exhausted, but its a nice 'exhausted' smile.gif
Rab
'Whit ye daen the day?'
Well, there was Rab meandering around the wine department of our local MORRISONS (good name that!) taking note of all the so-called bargain offers. He was carrying a wee wire basket loaned to him by the proprietor in which he had placed his bottle of gin and two of tonic.
Strolling around, he suddenly heard a loud smashing of glass and turned round sharply to see the remains of a 10 bottle of red wine lying on the flair, spreading its delicious liquid in an ever-increasing flood. Rab having caught the said bottle with his swinging wee basket! Shock was the first reaction to the deed, which, although unintended, made him glance around to seek someone else to put the blame on. This was in vain as the lanes were bereft of victims and to Rabs horror a wee man in green leapt from behind a stack of bottles and he thought he had been caught red-handed in the commission of criminal damage. But the wee man simply said, 'Don't worry about that Sir - it happens all the time!'. Rab was suffused with admiration of Morrison employees but before he could open his mouth the man had disappeared. He stood there, not wishing to leave the scene of the crime for fear of being chased by the green-shirted ones to be brought back in shame to face his fate. This, however, was not to be, as the wee man once again appeared, smiling and carring a bucket and mop with which he began to clear up Rabs shameful mess. Rab was told by the wee man, 'Thats OK Sir, just leave it to me', and he wandered off, but stopped after a few paces pondering if he should give the wee man a couple of quid for his trouble. But then he thought, to hell with it, with their profits, they can afford it!
Passing by the end of the wine section, he did however purchase 2 bottles of extremely delightful Tempranillo which made him feel better, especially after a few glasses, one of which stands beside me as I write. Cheers!

Click to view attachment
Betsy2009
Poo Picking!
Does anyone know of ways to get rid of dog mess, other than picking it up?
Purplefan
Ban dogs. Or put some strong disinfectant down every day.
Dogs hate it.

I'm sitting in a cafe in byres road having a coffee before
i go to see thistle play Aberdeen.
cmon the jags.
Purplefan
working. Then the pictures.
Might go and see the wolverine.

norrie123
Took photos this morning and am on Airport duty this afternoon

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
I was back at the Dentist today to get the broken tooth removed.
I thought it was never going to come out as the Dentist was tugging and pulling on it for what seemed like ages. The roots must have been very strong.

Now one side of my face is swollen and very painful since the numbness wore off. I have taken a couple of aspirin to see if that eases the pain.
My mouth is still bleeding. sad.gif
norrie123
Hi Heather, sorry to hear about your tooth, sounds really sore
Hope its better very soon
Bye for now, Norrie
Purplefan
Heather hope your mouth is better?
Try putting about 1/4 tea spoon of salt in some luke warm water and gargle.
Also when brushing your teeth; do it softly.
Hope it clears up.
Heather
Thank you for the kind remarks guys.

My face is still swollen and sore, but the bleeding has stopped.
Rab
Tea, Heather? yes.gif
Heather
Aye thanks Rab. and I will have a couple of Anadins with it.

My poor face is still swollen and I have a bruise below the nose stretching half way to my chin. sad.gif

Apparently another tooth will have to come out shortly, but I think I will wait until it falls out as that may well have strong roots like the one I got out on Tuesday.
Oh woe is me. sad.gif
Rab
'The Hell o' a' diseases' - Robert Burns on toothache! sad.gif
(But he never had tri-geminal neuralgia!)
Purplefan
I'm gonna smack me bitch up , and take some coke.
I'm goona drive round town with some big ass mothers.
I'm gonna shoot my gun; my possie is a joke. so might hang out with
the beswick crew.

or i could just have a nice cup of tea. laugh.gif

Off to the footy. skrill north. ALtrincham vs North Ferriby.
WORD!
Betsy2009
Boom!
DavidT
I was at the open day of a Scottish charity (headway Glasgow) in St. Stephens Church, Bath Street. They showcased all the groups they run for brain injured service users - music, art, writing, knitting and lots more that I forget biggrin.gif
It was a good day, but it meant I missed all the Doors Open events in Glasgow today. Some of them are open again tomorrow so I might get in somewhere to nosey about.
norrie123
I was taking photos from the roof of Glasgow College,Doors Open Day, great views over Glasgow

Bye for now, norrie
Purplefan
Ive been writing more of my explosive new book about growing up in
the mean street of Thorntonhall.
Where families have to struggle on less that 100 a day, and their kids have to wear
315.00 pair or nike super trainers.
Its about struggling and coping and having to live in a 3 million pound mansion
where you have to live with just three servants and your only friends are the dwarfs
you have hired to be pieces for your outdoor chess set.
DavidT
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 21st Sep 2013, 10:49pm) *
Ive been writing more of my explosive new book about growing up in
the mean street of Thorntonhall.
Where families have to struggle on less that 100 a day, and their kids have to wear
315.00 pair or nike super trainers.
Its about struggling and coping and having to live in a 3 million pound mansion
where you have to live with just three servants and your only friends are the dwarfs
you have hired to be pieces for your outdoor chess set.

Oh the deprivation smile.gif
DavidT
QUOTE (norrie123 @ 21st Sep 2013, 10:17pm) *
I was taking photos from the roof of Glasgow College,Doors Open Day, great views over Glasgow

Bye for now, norrie

Hi Norrie, it would be nice to see some of these pics..sounds good smile.gif
Purplefan
working. 2 till 10pm.

I'd like to see a couple as well Norrie.
norrie123
Best place to see them will be on a site called Urban Glasgow, I will let you know when they are loaded
Been busy getting the kitchen back to being tidy after the new one was installed
Plasterer comes tomorrow then I will have to decorate, damn biggrin.gif

Bye for now,Norrie
Betsy2009
Erm ... Norrie - you put millions of photos on this site (which are great) but these ones are specifically requested. Are you just teasing us?
angel
QUOTE (norrie123 @ 22nd Sep 2013, 10:02am) *
Been busy getting the kitchen back to being tidy after the new one was installed
Plasterer comes tomorrow then I will have to decorate, damn biggrin.gif

Bye for now,Norrie

Hi Norrie , I hope that all your work in your kitchen
will be exactly as you and your wife want , so you get on with the
plastering and decorating and mind and make a good job of it yes.gif

I will be having much of the same done , however , not for the
same reasons , about 12 days ago , I had a house fire and it
completely destroyed my kitchen and damaged much of my dining
area/ room , and of course the smoke damage is extensive .
this was cause by a gas leak , but fortunately I was home
that afternoon and able to call the emergency services , who arrived
on the double , as a result , the house is still standing , anyway Norrie ,
happy decorating to you . Cheers .
norrie123
Hi Angel, sorry to hear about your fire, makes the mess that we have had to put up with, nothing
I hope you get back to normal soon
Glad nobody was hurt

Bye for now, norrie
norrie123
Hi betsy2009, true enough, I will post them when they are ready

Bye for now, norrie
norrie123
As requested my photos from the roof of Glasgow College

Bath st on right hand side, September 2013

John st, September 2013

City Chambers, September 2013

George Square, former Post Offices, September 2013

Purplefan
I miss Glasgow. It has some lovely old buildings.
You may leave Glasgow; Glasgow wont leave you.

Thanks norrie. Nice photos.
norrie123
George Square, September 2013

Queen st, George st, September 2013

Looking towards Central Station, September 2013

Looking to Norfolk Court, Gorbals, September 2013
norrie123
Looking to George st, Albion st, September 2013

Looking to Dennistoun, September 2013
[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/norrie123/album%202/glasgow%20from%20glasgow%20college%20wmkcopy/look-to-dennistoun-sep2013nmcnDSCF6315_zpsbe1bec73.jpg
[/IMG]

Looking to Buchanan st, September 2013

Looking to Central Station, September 2013

norrie123
Looking to Port Dundas , September 2013

Looking to West Nile st, September 2013

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/norrie123/album%202/glasgow%20from%20glasgow%20college%20wmkcopy/look-to-west-nile-st-sep2013nmcnDSCF6319_zpse16f6b2d.jpg
[/IMG]

Looking to Roystonhill, September 2013

Cathedral st, September 2013, Allan Glens School being demolished

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.