Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Betsy2009
Quite right, Purple.

I don't believe that other people actually like the frey bentos pies. The meat is disgusting but the gravy and pastry is yummy.

bilbo, he didn't say he paid any fares. He just rides the top of the train like any proper adverturer.
Tam C
Hi all
Still painting the outside of my house weather here in Danmark still brilliant, hence a lot of breaks ,best summer we have had in years
Cheers Tam C
Purplefan
working. 2pm till 10pm.
Hope the painting is going well Tam.
Purplefan
same as yesterday.
Purplefan
Okay i have decided to mount mt TV and sound bar on the wall.
It looks easy and i have all the right tools.
I think i might try it with No nails first.
carmella
Around about 1pm today I shall be walking on air, as I'm going to the Chiropodist at 12 to have my feet done LOL, love it. I never bothered for years then a friend told me to go to a great Chiropodist in Ayr, so that's what I did and never looked back - it is terrific when you're feet feel good.

Then back home, and paint the toe nails in a nice summer colour, let's enjoy it while we can, although it's raining today which is fine by me as I don't like weather which is too hot, I'm a cold weather girl masel. I like the sun and prefer temps of around 70.

Nice youtube video Purple, I enjoyed it.
CAT
Off to the garage to see if my wee pat (she's a clio so hence cleopatra) can be saved I think the prognosis will be to put her out of her misery. I start my new job in 3 weeks and I get a company car but I was hoping to pass pat on to my daughter. sad.gif
Purplefan
I hope the car was saved cat?
After putting out all the stuff i needed to mount my TV.
I decided it was too big a job. I am going to get a professional in to do it.
bilbo.s
When in doubt, do nowt. Better safe than sorry. Other clichés!

Probably OK fitting the bracket, but safer with 2 bodies to mount the tv.
norrie123
Hi Purplefan, good idea
My wife fancied putting the TV on the wall but is not for me

Bye for now, norrie
wombat
smile.gif
angel

Well , this Fri. I had a long sleep in , until about 10am
and that was just fantastic , the rest of the day I just hung about
on the computer and the telephone . biggrin.gif

angel

well that's me on the phone again , cheers Anne , I see you are
logged on , Well I am off again for another couple of days
traipsin aboot , you take care , Cheers , Pat .
Purplefan
football.

This is purplefan Eastbound and down. Got my peddle to the metal.
Purplefan
sitting down listening to Aqualung by Jethro tull
also planned on listening to court of king crimson, Harvest by Neil young and fragile by Yes.
bilbo.s
Just had lunch. Been listening to the most amazing pianist ever, Art Tatum. Siesta time is calling!
Purplefan
After listening to them prog rock albums.
I can't help but think, what happened to steps?
Purplefan
Working early shift this week, 6:am till 2:pm.
norrie123
Hi Purplefan, Sound Boxes, who deals in them, tried a few shops up here and they didn't have any
Will try Currys next
Purplefan
currys is the best place, but i would check to find out if your TV can take them.
If you have a flat screen then you should be ok some models like L.G you have to buy a
LG sound bar.
It is best doing an online search first.
I am going to put mine together tonight.
Purplefan
They are pretty easy to set up and if you fork out a few dollars more get one with
wi-fi and you can connect your game console, mobile phone and Computer.
And the sound is superb. They are well worth the investment if you have a decent TV.
Most sound on Smart TV are crap.

hear are some photographs of my sound bar and subwoofer.
Purplefan
You get a remote control and a connector lead, Mine did not come with a HDMI lead.
check if your TV has one.

As i said if you have a small room like mine they are ideal. No wires and real cinema sound.
Purplefan
This is the sub woofer. 310 w
norrie123
Hi Purplefan, is that the size of it? Sub Woofer is optional?
I will check on line and visit Currys
Bye for now, Norrie
Purplefan
yes The more expensive model have sub woofers, there are cheaper ones available.
The subwoofer is wi fi; so no wires and you can just leave it behind your sofa or something.
But i would get the wi fi ones.
angel

Yeterday I had a terrific day shopping , found most of what
I was looking for , still a few good sale's around

today I take the cat for her check up and needles
O' dear ! the excitement is overwhelming .
norrie123
Hi purplefan went to Currys today to see about a sound box, was impressed by the quality
There was a sub woofer with this Panasonic set up, need to see how and where it will fit
Wi FI? Do I need that , I am on cable for TV and PC or is it like my wireless keyboard?

Bye for now, norrie
Purplefan
If you wnat to connect your TV and PC and both have wi-fi then yes get it. se it up through the home network setting or as i did use bluetooth.
But make sure they have it before you decide. I connected my Laptop through Bluetooth.
I really would get a sub woofer you can stick it anywhere. (I put mine behind the couch) I think it makes the sound better.
I watched Apocalypse now last night and all the little back ground noises i heard for the first time, was like watching it for the first time.
Hope you get a good one.

The worst thing about having a king size duvet is you have to change the cover.
On the plus sign, I did find three odd socks and a semmit i thought i'd lost.
smile.gif
norrie123
Hi Purplefan, no I just want it to improve the sound from the TV
I dont have Wi Fi in the house, so will this set up do for me?
I think I can put the sub woofer behind the TV
Bye for now, norrie
Purplefan
Then don't get wi fi.
But if you are unsure there are a few tutorials On youtube you should look at.
Also i think if curry's deliver the guy will set it up for you.
norrie123
Hi purplefan, I checked out Currys and read customers posts re Sound Bars, they liked the one I fancy but some talked of buying a audio cable? also HDMI cable was mentioned, I dont use that on my TV, would this be a problem?
One lady in her 70s said she set it up in 10 mins, I have been known to have problems with DVDs and TVs, perhaps I should get her to install it biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie
Purplefan
It depends how old your TV is Norrie most come with a HDMI socket clearly marked
or an optical cable; it is normally covered with a little rubber stopper on the back of your TV.
If you don't have either then i'm afraid you've had it.
Purplefan
Listening to morrissey. sad.gif
norrie123
Hi purplefan, TV is a Samsung, 2/3 years old, it has all sorts of sockets etc

Bye for now, norrie
Purplefan
QUOTE (norrie123 @ 15th Aug 2013, 06:55pm) *
Hi purplefan, TV is a Samsung, 2/3 years old, it has all sorts of sockets etc

Bye for now, norrie

If it has all sorts of sockets then you should be okay.
I conected mine with a HDMI cable.
Just find out where it is.
Purplefan
At the footy.
Worchester city Vs Altrincham, Skrill north league. Game at Kiddiminster.
Up the Alty!
DavidT
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 15th Aug 2013, 03:15pm) *
Listening to morrissey. sad.gif

Oh how you torture yourself. Seriously I quite like old Mozza. Have you read the Wrong Boy by Willie Russel. All about a mixed up Smiths fan.
Purplefan
QUOTE (DavidT @ 17th Aug 2013, 12:38pm) *
Oh how you torture yourself. Seriously I quite like old Mozza. Have you read the Wrong Boy by Willie Russel. All about a mixed up Smiths fan.

looking it up on youtube right now.
Purplefan
Hi Norrie i was at the football today and two nice guys put my TV
and sound bar up on the wall.

All i need now is a floating shelf to hide the wires. thumbup.gif
bilbo.s
You could also use some curtains for the screen ! laugh.gif
wombat
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 11th Aug 2013, 03:09pm) *
sitting down listening to Aqualung by Jethro tull
also planned on listening to court of king crimson, Harvest by Neil young and fragile by Yes.

laugh.gif did we have the same da PF?
norrie123
Hi Purplefan, caught part of that programme tonight
I was quoted about £300 to mount the TV on the wall, I wasnt interested

I have friend who can help me if I get into bother with the sound bar

Bye for now, norrie
Purplefan
QUOTE (norrie123 @ 17th Aug 2013, 10:26pm) *
Hi Purplefan, caught part of that programme tonight
I was quoted about £300 to mount the TV on the wall, I wasnt interested

I have friend who can help me if I get into bother with the sound bar

Bye for now, norrie

Blimey mine cost £50.00. You wont regreat getting one.

working today. 8am till 2pm. sad.gif
john.mcn
If you are on cable then get an HDMI cable, if you're still on scart then you will be watching TV in SD/Standard definition, if you use a HDMI and go into your Virgin box and change the TV settings to HD/high definition you will increase the picture quality quite a lot, more than double if your TV supports 1080p.
dont buy a HDMI cable from currys or any high st retailer, get one from Amazon for a couple of quid.
If you told the salesman your make of TV he may have been trying to sell you a Wifi dongle to connect your TV to the internet or stream movies through something like lovefilm or netflix, dont buy because they are well overpriced, apart from that 'smart TV's ' are crap compared to even an old PC.

PS i bought a TV bracket from ebay for about £17, came with a bubble for the level but it was well out, now i just need to channel the wall out to hide the cables, not something i'm looking forward to with the amount of dust, but if you have a newer house it's easier because of the gyprock walls.
norrie123
Hi john.mcn, I have an HDMI cable, costs me about £25, your the second person to tell me about the Pound shop one

You may have put your finger on my problem with HDMI, I did not change the settings, its still on EXT for cable, thanks for the tip
john.mcn

You will see the difference right away, especially with the likes of text on the screen. Nowadays TV broadcasters assume everyone is on HD so the text is sometimes too small and blurry to read.

With cables most of the time cheap is as good if it's only for a short run, the expensive ones should have quality shielding to prevent interference from other electronics and that pushes the price up.
Betsy2009
John, Purple and Norrie - I used to think that you spoke English!!!!
Purplefan
QUOTE (wombat @ 17th Aug 2013, 10:07pm) *
laugh.gif did we have the same da PF?

yer da's got good taste wombat.
Today i will mostly be listening to The Specials, The beat, The selectors; perhaps
round it off with a bit of madness. 2 tone rules!
Purplefan
Giving the speedway another shot.

Belle vue meet Birmingham.
bilbo.s
Cannae be daein' wi´ hings runnin´ roon in circles. unsure.gif

Dugs, cuddies, folk, caurs, bikes - aw the same tae me!

Mair fun wi´ ma Hornby Dublo!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.