Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
norrie123
Hi Angel, I was thnking they were charging you for taking stuff from the dump biggrin.gif
angel
QUOTE (norrie123 @ 24th Jul 2013, 07:25pm) *
Hi Angel, I was thnking they were charging you for taking stuff from the dump biggrin.gif

Ha Ha ,,,,, Funny you should say that Norrie
because I said to the guy " you should be paying me
I'm delivering the junk " biggrin.gif Cheers
CAT
Angel
You put us to shame with all your hard work. Any time your in Glasgow......I'll give you the address. laugh.gif

Purple
Good luck with your performance. I used to be involved with an amature theatre group when I was young I really loved it. Marriage, Kids and work took over now I don't think I would have the confidence these day's.
Betsy2009
Cat - go for it. There's bound to be an am.dram group near you somewhere.
CAT
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 23rd Jul 2013, 11:40pm) *
This.

You been raiding my wordrobe Purple! ohmy.gif
CAT
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 25th Jul 2013, 08:43am) *
Cat - go for it. There's bound to be an am.dram group near you somewhere.

Betsy I'm sure there is but seriously don't have the time. Work home grandchildren gym mother the list goes on. Maybe in a couple of years I'll think about it.
Betsy2009
Typical!!!
The only thing on that list was 'gym' All the rest is for other people. Don't forget the 'me' time.
CAT
This is my me time laugh.gif
Betsy2009
Me too! Along with a cup of coffee. Then off to do the laundry and clean the floors. Whoopee!
Purplefan
well i needed something fancy to wear.
wink.gif

I'm not feeling too well today. Ho i do feel queer. sad.gif
angel
Angel
You put us to shame with all your hard work. Any time your in Glasgow......I'll give you the address.

I don't think it will be this year Cat , so you will just have to deal with your own work load . biggrin.gif
I am off to visit with my son and his wife , for a couple of day's or so and next week I go on my little mini vacation ,to my favourite spot by Lake Huron .

Cheers take care biggrin.gif
CAT
Have a wonderfull time Angel! A well dererved rest biggrin.gif
Heather
Angel have a nice visit with your son and Holiday.

I'm grounded with a nasty Chest Infection and a cough like a barking dog. The Doctor gave me Antibiotics and Steroids because I was wheezing so bad.
With all this good weather I wonder how I managed to get a Chest Infection.

Yesterday I watched the 1st Part of The Holocaust and today while watching part 2/3, I knitted a pair of mitts.

With the TV programmes being so much rubbish, I look out all the old Video's and watch all the old films and shows.

A few days ago I watched Shenandoah and for tomorrow I have looked out The Scarlet & the Black and I will probably knit another pair of mitts while watching the film, child's size of course.
Purplefan
Hope you get better soon Heather.
Nothing worse than a cough.

If you are into old films you should check out "Downfall"
Its a cracking film set around Hitlers last days.
Also a good film is "Subway" christopher lambert and set in the paris underground. 1980's film.

And last one i would recommend is a film called Shutter Island. Cracking twist in the end.
Starrs Lenord De caprio.
norrie123
Hi purplefan, seen Shutter Island enjoyed it

Heather, hope your feeling better
DavidT
Angel enjoy your holiday. Heather I hope your cough clears up soon. I've had to ship the cat off to live with my brother in law while I poison some wee black beetles I found in a vent in my kitchen yuk! I've scattered powder about the place. Oh the joys of summer.
Purplefan
Annoying Nazis on youtube with my quotes from the producers thumbup.gif biggrin.gif
angel

Hello Heather I do hope that you get well soon ,
this must be the second or third time that you
have been sick this year , so you take care ,
will talk another time ..God Bless , biggrin.gif Pat ,
angel
Hi David , I do hope that you get rid of " they wee black beasties "
nasty wee creatures , and ugly to look at , so just give them the boot . yes.gif
also , thank you I will have a nice holiday , cheers , Pat
Betsy2009
I've played the Shutter Island game on the PC. Does anyone else play computer games?
Heather
Angel, it's the second time.

Remember my husband and I went to Dublin for St. Patrick's weekend and I came home with a Viral Infection that took weeks to clear up.
Purplefan
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 25th Jul 2013, 09:27pm) *
I've played the Shutter Island game on the PC. Does anyone else play computer games?

I have a wii and like playing the archery game and guitar hero.
Purplefan
QUOTE (CAT @ 25th Jul 2013, 08:35am) *
Angel
You put us to shame with all your hard work. Any time your in Glasgow......I'll give you the address. laugh.gif

Purple
Good luck with your performance. I used to be involved with an amature theatre group when I was young I really loved it. Marriage, Kids and work took over now I don't think I would have the confidence these day's.

I have my first rehearsal tomorrow night. I love it, don't take up that much time, and i used to work
behind the curtain before the director encouraged me to go for the part. I had only a couple of walk on parts before.
Betsy2009
Let us know how it goes, Purple.
I worked in the Pavilion a hundred years ago as a general back stage gopher and I still admire anyone who has the nerve to go in front of a live audience.
Betsy2009
I can just see you playing guitar hero then turning into William Tell. Both mean long hair so there is a connection.
Purplefan
Its a shame they don't have ukulele Hero and i could be George formby.
jakka13
Well I just have to acknowledge , George Formby .He was my first hero .Ha Ha .When my crush ended I told everyone he had died !!!! .I said he was singing "Hold that tiger "and someone let it go laugh.gif .
Well I thought I'd give you all a laugh .We had a bad storm roll through last Friday .Lost power for a couple of days .Very big branches down .I cleared up all the branches I could manage and piled them up beside our fire pit .Next morning I noticed the pile didn't seem as large as I had made it but just thought it was my imagination .I was just about to close the blinds the night before last and here was a big fat Beaver sorting through the pile and carrying off the the bits he wanted .All the smaller bits were scattered all around !! .I picked up all the smaller bits and put them back on the pile .I got up this morning and once again the Beaver had been digging around .Small branches everywhere .Too windy to start a fire so I picked up all the small bits took all the big branches and left them out on the grass .I hope he acceps my work and doesn't start digging again .It seems I have a re-cycling Beaver and he is a lot bigger than I ever imagined ohmy.gif
Purplefan
maybe he was trying to build a dam? That was funny.
Anne1
Today trying to steady my nerves after horrific day yesterday, taking my daughter to Drs parked my car on slope at her house next thing neighbours banging her door, my car had rolled down slope missed two cars on route,landed on grass hit large tree completely smashed back window and a few dents[handbrake was still in locked position] only upside to this was thankfully no kiddies playing nearby or any other adults, would have died if it had hit & killed anyone, in all my years driving that's the first and[ last time ] this will happen. will be so glad to go back to Spain and relax sad.gif sad.gif smile.gif
Anne1
Also looking forward to all the beautiful fresh fruit in Spain what a selection to pick from smile.gif rolleyes.gif
Heather
My God Anne, that was really frightening, but as you said, no one was hurt only the car damaged and cars can be replaced.

Calm down dear and have a quiet day.
bilbo.s
Anne, What a scare you must have had. I had a similar experience many years ago in Insch, when a car I had been driving rolled down a drive , through a garage fence and across a main road. Thankfully the only damage was to the vehicle, which had a faulty handbrake.

I know what you mean about the fruit - we are currently gorging ourselves on black cherries, peaches, nectarines, paraguayos & melons.

Take care and buen viaje!
Anne1
you forgot the Nesparos ? Bill I luv them will be back eating them on Friday
Purplefan
went to Glasgow for the day to the football. thumbup.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 26th Jul 2013, 10:37pm) *
you forgot the Nesparos ? Bill I luv them will be back eating them on Friday

Nisperos, Anne. Have you tried chirimoyas ( custard apples) ?

Back to Spain already?
Anne1
Not sure about Custard Apples Bill but will make a point of getting some at Flamenca Market Saturday that's for sure, so looking forward to coming back, its pouring fae the heavens here this morning smile.gif
bilbo.s
The chirimoyas taste just like custard and apples.

http://spanishfood.about.com/od/seasonalsp.../chirimoyas.htm
Anne1
Just checked out your link Bill, I have seen them but not tasted will definitely buy some on Saturday biggrin.gif
Purplefan
watching carry on cowboy on telly having a cup of tea.
Purplefan
I've been looking through my old record collection.

Styx, Boston, Foreigner i even have; Blue oyster cult, REo speedwagon.
Pat Benatar, The bangles.
Ho the shame, what was i thinking? biggrin.gif
Purplefan
Just crapped myself.
Huge thunder clap right above my house.
Betsy2009
I just let out a laugh at that and my poor dog jumped a mile.
norrie123
Hi Purplefan, Pat Benatar is OK, Im sure I have one of hers in my collection

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
The rain was bouncing of the streets here a short time ago. It's a while since I saw heavy rain like that.
Purplefan
cleaning the stoor out of my ears.
I was hoovering and i used all the little nosels i got with the hoover.
I even washed the curtains. (well fabreezed them) biggrin.gif
Isobel
Just sitting here waiting for our cab to arrive to take us to the airport. Heading off to Amsterdam then on to a cruise of the Baltic. Was so looking forward to it. However our travelling companions my sister and her husband , are no longer able to travel. Jean fell on Saturday and is in a lot of pain. So its just Jim and I. I dont know if you remember last November when we went on the cruise to Australia Jean fell and broke her hip the week before we left ,so they had to cancel that one also. Hate to take off and leave her ,but at lest the four girls will still be here. Thank god for our great daughters. Talk to you all when I return.
Purplefan
Have a great time isobel. cruse sounds nice, always wanted to go.
Bon voyage.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 29th Jul 2013, 07:13pm) *
cleaning the stoor out of my ears.
I was hoovering and i used all the little nosels i got with the hoover.
I even washed the curtains. (well fabreezed them) biggrin.gif

Sounds kinda dangerous, Purple. You could sook yer brains oot! Many a true word!
Heather
My goodness Isobel, your sister has certainly been very unlucky in getting off on her Holidays.
I hope she gets better soon.

Enjoy the Cruise. smile.gif

Purplefan
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 29th Jul 2013, 06:58pm) *
Sounds kinda dangerous, Purple. You could sook yer brains oot! Many a true word!

unless i stick it up my arse, i think ill be okay. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.