Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
norrie123
Catching up on this thread, purplefan sorry you got punched, the public a can be trying at times
Pity about not liking the speedway fixture, its a sport you either like or dont

Just back from holiday, loads of threads to catch up on

Bye for now, norrie
Purplefan
welcome back Norrie. Did you have a good holiday?
Belle view have lost 6 in a row now.
So things are not going well. It was not that i hated it, just not my cup of tea.
norrie123
Hi Purplefan, Glasgow Tigers have not won a match home or away since May, wooden spoon heading our way
Yes we had a good holiday, will get around to posting photos asap

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
I can't believe the weather we are having here, or the last time we had such good weather over a long period.

I took the two g'daughters and one of their friends to Largs on Thursday. I preferred Ayr, but I was out voted.
I think I was a teenager the last time I was in Largs and forgot about the stony beach that is there, next time it will be Ayr.

We sat on a low wall while the girls dipped their feet in the water.
A wee boy put some stones down beside me and asked me to keep an eye on them in case anyone else took them. I couldn't help laughing as there are millions of stones all over the beach, but I agreed to look after them for him. laugh.gif
bilbo.s
Nice wee story, Heather ! Always remember Largs as a cold , windy place - obviously not at present.
A few years ago, returning from a weekend in Rothesay, I drove to Largs to let the wife see it, but we couldn't find a parking place until half way out the place. Ayr has changed a lot since my young days- drove through it without seeing the sea.
Heather
Bill the thing about Ayr is it has a much nicer beach than Largs.

We live only ten minutes from Easterhouse Railway Station. So today I tried to talk my husband into going to the station and getting a train to Balloch or Helensburgh, but I couldn't get him to shift himself as his head is stuck in the Sunday newspapers. sad.gif
norrie123
I was in Largs a few weeks ago, a nice sunny day and as it was during the week it wasnt busy
Went to the Pencil to scatter my Aunts ashes
Must admit, Largs looks better in the sunshine

There is an outlet shop, selling shoes, Rogersons, loads of shoes but I am not a rummager, prefer a smaller selection, I did see a pair of Barkers slip ons, £50 cheaper than I paid
angel

hello Heather , I see you guys are having summer weather
at last , so make sure that you are taking in all of that sunshine .

We are also having really hot weather , it 's just about
9.45 am and the temp. is about 79' C. humidex reading
40'C and will get warmer as the day goes on , " So uncomfortable "
I have to go pick up the car .
in the afternoon , I'm dreading the 15min. walk in the heat . smile.gif

angel

Should read ............it 's just about
9.45 am and the temp. is about 29' C. , Oooops again cool.gif
Purplefan
sweating. cool.gif
Isobel
Just trying to stay cool. Extreme heat alerts has been issued once again. Dreadful hot weather.
norrie123
I am going walking today, 8 miles, flat walk should be easy
Forecast is hot but the clouds are gathering, now do we leave the wet gear or not biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie
Purplefan
Well today i start work at 2pm.
DavidT
QUOTE (norrie123 @ 18th Jul 2013, 07:01am) *
I am going walking today, 8 miles, flat walk should be easy
Forecast is hot but the clouds are gathering, now do we leave the wet gear or not biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie

Hi Norrie, what you need is a just in case hat biggrin.gif
Enjoy your walk
Click to view attachment
wee davy
I'm looking forward to 2 visitors - 1 is already a friend - and the other, from a volunteer through Herriot Hospice, for which I've started gettting. It is good to still meet new faces, even although I'm virtually a prisoner in my own home these days.

Then I'll probably listen to the cricket, whilst watching open golf (quite a feat from us males I'll have you know).

btw I see all the female fascists are out (must be the hot summer) again.
Ban 'all male clubs' (because of all the hullabaloo about Muirfield).
No wonder you dont get males protesting to join 'all-female clubs' lol
Betsy2009
Davy, I remember a similar fuss in London (many years ago) about the 'gentlemen's clubs' like the Athenaum or Bucks or Whites where women were not allowed. Some women, therefore, decided to set up a 'women only' club. It failed miserably!

Well done for multi-tasking.
Anne1
Hi Folks,had such a busy 1st day back from Holidays between Drs. Nurses Chemist a proper old run around[a waddle more like].First tried starting the car, dead as dodo, phoned the AA who promptly came seems our battery had died the death seems it would only charge as high as 2volts when you need 12 volts trip to Halfords where the wee bill came to £126[inc fitting] so a nice wee start. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Stratson thank you so much for my beautiful Flowers which were here when I arrived home thank you for being so kind and thoughtful am so glad we are friends, will try and call over weekend yes.gif
kenb
nice to see you back anne wub.gif wink.gif
bilbo.s
I don't know whether to say, "Nice to see you back, Anne." It seems a bit rude in my case! biggrin.gif

I suppose I can welcome you back to the board and wish you a good trip to Spain next time. I hope things went OK with the doctor. smile.gif

Just 5 weeks till our big trip to Denmark and Scotland.
DavidT
Kelvingrove park today. If too hot I'll be getting shade in the galleries.
Tam C
Hi all
Weather fantastic so going out to the west coast for a long walk along the beach and then a light lunch ,it's dossing time .Weather still looking good for your trip to Denmark bilbo
Cheers Tam C
bilbo.s
Hi Tam.

Looking forward to our trip. Our son has just bought a house in Vejls, just outside Kolding. We have never been to the West Coast but his inlaws have a summer house there. Last time we visited Odense- lovely town. We hope to see some more but will probably be limited to weekends as the son and partner both work. Should be good for a chillout!
angel
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 19th Jul 2013, 07:16pm) *
Hi Folks,had such a busy 1st day back from Holidays between Drs. Nurses Chemist a proper old run around[a waddle more like].First tried starting the car, dead as dodo, phoned the AA who promptly came seems our battery had died the death seems it would only charge as high as 2volts when you need 12 volts trip to Halfords where the wee bill came to £126[inc fitting] so a nice wee start. ohmy.gif
Stratson thank you so much for my beautiful Flowers which were here when I arrived home thank you for being so kind and thoughtful am so glad we are friends, will try and call over weekend yes.gif

Well Anne , I see that you are back to your normal life
and that both you and Nev. are well and so is the car .
Anyway you take care . Cheers , thumbup.gif , Pat , lol

Purplefan
Trying to figure out what sound bar to get my TV,
Anyone have any ideas? I can only get LG products.
CAT
Purple I've no idea what your talking about laugh.gif
Good to see you back where have you been hiding. Have you been out soaking up the sun.?
Purplefan
No i wus working. had a chance to do some double shifts.
CAT
Got to go for the OT when you can get it. Not much fun in this weather but think of the money.
Purplefan
True. It don't come along that often. But the tax they take off is ridiculous.

At least when Dick Turpin robbed you he had the decency to wear a mask.
This government do it quite open.
CAT
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 22nd Jul 2013, 03:51pm) *
True. It don't come along that often. But the tax they take off is ridiculous.

At least when Dick Turpin robbed you he had the decency to wear a mask.
This government do it quite open.

Not heard that one for a while laugh.gif I know what you mean about tax sometimes it's better just take time in holidays.
Purplefan
well that's what i'm thinking. i'm due 4 days off next week.
so if i take 3 days then i've got a week off, and i get paid next wee;k so i can splash the cash.
If i take the money, it wont be on till my pay cheque in August.
Purplefan
But then i want to buy a sound bar for my TV that costs Money.
Mind you i could always make my own music with my kazoo smile.gif
bilbo.s
Interesting news from Andalucía:-

http://www.thelocal.es/20130722/spain-smas...ip-world-record
DavidT
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 22nd Jul 2013, 05:03pm) *

laugh.gif I liked the bit about the fun run at the end. Now that's what you call a fun run. So tell us bilbo, were you involved? Hmmm?
bilbo.s
Cannae swim. Cannae run. tongue.gif
DavidT
Couldnae run for a bus myself. If I caught the bus in my birthday suit I wouldnae know where to keep my loose change laugh.gif
Heather
laugh.gif

At least I can swim. As a school girl I used to swim in the Inter School's Swimming Gala. I was runner up to the Glasgow Junior Swimming Champion, who also happened to be a friend of mine.

I had a lazy day curled up on the couch watching an old video of,
The Steamie.
norrie123
Hi BilboS, hope they had plenty of sun cream biggrin.gif
Heather
We have had some thunder and lighting this morning, but not as much as I expected. I thought the rain would be lashing down. Maybe it will later on in the day.

I will be staying home just in case.
CAT
It was lashing down in Coatbridge Heather. It's still raining now but give the grass a good soak.

It was lashing down in Coatbridge Heather. It's still raining now but give the grass a good soak.
norrie123
Just spitting in Rutherglen might venture out
Purplefan
playing my kazoo.
CAT
Give us a tune purple. How about smoke on the water?
Purplefan
Do do do, do do do do. Do do do do do.
Smoke on the water don't sound right on a kazoo.
Jupiter
Watching the cuddies.
CAT
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 23rd Jul 2013, 01:55pm) *
Do do do, do do do do. Do do do do do.
Smoke on the water don't sound right on a kazoo.

Yer doin well keep practicing. biggrin.gif
Purplefan
This.
Purplefan
I wiz only joking about my cat woman costume.

I Have been chosen to play a lead roll in my amateur dramatic clubs next play.
Very excited as i have only been in two before.

It is about a person who has cancer and he is trying to cope, and his family who
are very dysfunctional try and deal with the news. As the illness progresses, the family pull together and learn to cope.
angel

over the last couple of days
I managed to get the garage cleared out
and this morning I took the lot to the city dump .
When you get there ,you must drive over
what looks like a small bridge " it's a weigh in , you then pay a
deposit of $20 , follow the signs for the type of
garbage you are carrying , then a man comes over to your car
checks out the loot and Ok's it " hopefully " , then you begin clearing out the car , when coming back you go through the same procedure ,
the car is weighed again and you either get change
from your original $20 deposit or you pay more , sad.gif

norrie123
Hi Angel,I have a recycle dump minutes from me, cost nothing to dump stuff, its great place for all my garden rubbish
Why do they charge you on the way out?

Bye for now, norrie
angel

Hi Norrie ...
the initial $20 covers , X amount of Kg's

when you leave the dump , the auto is weighed
once more and they figure out the difference
between the ist. scale and the 2nd
and if the numbers say you have gone over
the $20 worth , then you pay the extra
if under you will get change back. Cheers biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.