Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Purplefan
aww! i love that film. Bill Murray was superb in that.
i'm only just up as my neighbour had a party. Beer cans and wkd bottles every where. plus
some kind person left me a present outside my door sad.gif a pavement pizza]
will be having words.
angel

As I had been away for 2/3 days and with all the
rain we had , I spent this beautiful Sunday afternoon outside
getting caught up with some of the yard work . with more tomorrow.
Purplefan
up at 4am. start work at 5am. ohmy.gif sad.gif
Gemini
same as yesterday NOTHING too hot tae dae anything cool.gif
Purplefan
I thought i'd show you some photos of my wee hoose.
Its no very big, but it's mine and i love it.
My pride and joy is my smart TV. (smarter than me)

I got a new lap top today so i can start downloading my photos again.
I might even post one of my tattoo.
Purplefan
ma wee dinner table. with my lap top and music stuff.
I'm very proud of my wee place, ive been in a year today, this time last year i was homeless
living rough, now i have a house and a job. smile.gif
CAT
Looks like you have everything you need there purple. Thinking of getting one of those smart telly's, I'm fed up with my stupid one biggrin.gif
bilbo.s
Looks very neat'n'tidy, Purple. Would you like tae come ower here an sort us oot? We can supply a French maid's outfit, if that appeals. Also, can I opt out of the tattoo foti viewing? laugh.gif
CAT
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 1st Jul 2013, 01:36pm) *
ma wee dinner table. with my lap top and music stuff.
I'm very proud of my wee place, ive been in a year today, this time last year i was homeless
living rough, now i have a house and a job. smile.gif

You should be so proud of yourself your wee pad is fab. Is it always that tidy? biggrin.gif
Purplefan
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 1st Jul 2013, 01:41pm) *
Looks very neat'n'tidy, Purple. Would you like tae come ower here an sort us oot? We can supply a French maid's outfit, if that appeals. Also, can I opt out of the tattoo foti viewing? laugh.gif

I only just hoovered it oot.

QUOTE (CAT @ 1st Jul 2013, 01:45pm) *
You should be so proud of yourself your wee pad is fab. Is it always that tidy? biggrin.gif

No. laugh.gif
bilbo.s
You might be better with a JCB here, rather than a hoover ! laugh.gif
Purplefan
You could always get kim and aggie in, if you don't mind the shame of millions of
people seeing how dirty your house is?
angel

Purple , looks like a nice wee place you have .
Purplefan
I'm going to speedway tonight.
Belle vue aces v swindon. thumbup.gif
Purplefan
QUOTE (angel @ 1st Jul 2013, 02:46pm) *
Purple , looks like a nice wee place you have .

I'm very happy there. thumbup.gif
Purplefan
went to speedway. was the only one there, it's next monday night. oops. laugh.gif
angel

Och well ! I'm sure you where in good company . biggrin.gif
Purplefan
That's very true angel. smile.gif
I can't seam to do anything when i start work at 5am.
I'm knackered.
Might just watch a couple of old DVDs.
Heather
I'm disgusted with what I read in the Newspaper today.

TV's Channel 4 are to start Broadcasting the Islamic call to prayer four times a day during the month of Ramadan which starts next week. They will interrupt programmes to do that.
CAT
Seriously??
angel

Hi heather , I must admit , that might be a problem
should you be watching a favorite TV program .

We have lots of different religious programs here
but I don't think the Call to prayer will be one of them unsure.gif
I don't watch them but I do sometimes watch
the Hindi dancing , lol
I do hope that the call for prayer does'nt happen during
Coronation St . laugh.gif laugh.gif or for myself an older program
thats' called " Wind at My Back " take care , Pat.

Heather
Yes Cat, seriously. It will screen a full three minute chant starting next Tuesday.

Radical preacher Anjem Choudary said he welcomed it and Britain will be an Islamic Country by 2015.

Abu Zakariyya of the Radical Islamic Emergency Defence group in Britain said we want Sharia Law in Britain.

Angel, Corrie is on STV Channel 3. Needless to say, I won't be watching Channel 4.
Purplefan
Well its only three minutes and we can turn it off.
Its not big brother yet where in the book 1984 people had to have the radio on at all times to listen to the propaganda.

Perhaps to even things out channel 4 could broadcast a three minute rant from the English deference league leader or the National front?

P.S. I am not referring that anybody is racist for being angry at channel 4 for doing this.
Just because someone is against this decision dose NOT make them racist.
Purplefan
I just spent three hours separating all my wires.
I did not realize that i had so many. ohmy.gif
Purplefan
My Favorite place in Glasgow.
angel
H Purple , like your photo , now would that be Possil
by any chance ? and if so , I had many a hot orange and
Hot peas and Vinegar in that Cafe . smile.gif
Purplefan
Na its near the kings theater. And you can get peas and vinegar in there too.
The cafe in possil was called the Lido cafe.
bilbo.s
Elmbank Street I think, just up from my old school.
Purplefan
Well today at work i got punched in the face.
I have a black eye sad.gif
I work for metrolink in Manchester as an inspector (customer care assistant)
I asked to see someones ticket. They punched me!!
I don't understand why, as we are told if passengers get aggressive back off and hit the panic button.
Couple of drugged up teenagers. They can get fags and drink but cant afford their fare?
CAT
ohmy.gif Shocking purple !! Scum is the only way to describe these people. No job is worth that. Hope your ok smile.gif
Dylan
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 2nd Jul 2013, 04:18pm) *
Well its only three minutes and we can turn it off.
Its not big brother yet where in the book 1984 people had to have the radio on at all times to listen to the propaganda.

Perhaps to even things out channel 4 could broadcast a three minute rant from the English deference league leader or the National front?

P.S. I am not referring that anybody is racist for being angry at channel 4 for doing this.
Just because someone is against this decision dose NOT make them racist.

On the contrary PF, it makes them pragmatic and reasonable.

Channel 4 does not broadcast Christian or Jewish rants, why would they broadcast Islamic rants ??.

Channel 4 should be Secular and Neutral.!!!
Purplefan
I'm ok cat Thanks. I'm just a bit shaken up by it, as there was no need for it.
Everything is videoed, and the police said they are well known. Stupid really.
Dylan
Sorry to hear about your unprovoked attack.

This is outrageous, no one should be subject to this type of thuggery at their work. !!
Purplefan
QUOTE (Dylan @ 4th Jul 2013, 03:26pm) *
Sorry to hear about your unprovoked attack.

This is outrageous, no one should be subject to this type of thuggery at their work. !!

In my line of work it is an occupational hazard Dylan, just a couple of drugged up teenagers showing off to each other.
Purplefan
As i have been promoted to city key holder, do i actually get a key?
You can imagine how disappointing it was when i was super lord provest and not get a chain off office.

(never mind though, i fashioned one out of milk chocolate coins)
Heather
Purplefan. I hope your black eye heals fast.

I thought it was bad working in the Social Security. I was called an f...ing b many a time, but never got a punch in the face.
Purplefan
I put some frozen peas on it. It is sunny today, so i am wearing sun glasses.
I am so cool. cool.gif

Don't go near Victoria station in Manchester. Don't know whats up but there are 1000's
of Jehovah's witnesses.

working till 3pm; then i'm buying a new pair of trousers and a shirt.
Purplefan
That is so bloody annoying. I had a bobbin of thread in my hand, put
it down and now i cant find the dam thing. I need it to sew my trousers.
Purplefan
when dinosaurs agree on something, they often high five one other; dinosaurs are all about high fives.

Is the punctuation in this sentence correct?
Purplefan
Just watched the film V for vendetta for the first time.
Thought 1984 was better.
Doug1
This afternoon I popped into my sons house to see how he and his wife were getting on doing up their spare bedroom for the impending birth of their first child in Sept. The front door was open so I went straight and to where I knew they would be working and sue enough as I entered the room my son was up a ladder painting away while Gemma his wife was kneeling on the floor painting the lower half.

The funny thing was that for about 30 seconds my mind flashed right back 30 years to when my wife and I were doing up a bedroom for our first child. We were living in Blackburn Lancs. and we had no family down there with us and as we had just moved there few friends either and scarcely knew our neighbours and to make things worse very little money, but we did get the room finished albeit with 2nd hand odds and sods and it looked lovely and we were very proud, and that room was for the very child I was now watching doing the same for his firstborn. Gave me a nice feeling inside
Heather
I'm watching the Tennis. So far Andy is up one Set.

C'mon Andy.
Purplefan
No he's not. He's 2-0 biggrin.gif
Heather
Andy Murray the first British male Tennis Player to win Wimbledon in 77 years, and he is Scottish. thumbup.gif

Well done Andy. smile.gif
Doug1
QUOTE (Heather @ 7th Jul 2013, 05:11pm) *
Andy Murray the first British male Tennis Player to win Wimbledon in 77 years, and he is Scottish. thumbup.gif

Well done Andy. smile.gif

Lady with big sword....Arise Sir Andy !!
Purplefan
going to the speedway,
Last week i went and i was the only one there, so i hope ive got the right night.
Belle vue aces Vs swindon.
Purplefan
well i was not impressed. By the sound of the crowd i think Belle vue lost (again)
Don't think i'll be back. Not work 16.00.
Still i can always say i have been to a speedway meet.
Purplefan
sweating. cool.gif Had to change my work shirt 3 times today.
Purplefan
Housework. I even used the little attachments on the hoover.
washed the curtains. (well fabreezed them ) Hoovered the carpets and dusted
the lampshades. Cleaned the toilet, and mopped the floors.
That's that done for another 10 years. wink.gif
Purplefan
As little as possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.