Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Heather
Mary us lassies brought up in the Cowcaddens are a hardy lot. laugh.gif

I used to do the flagstones twice in the early days, a few days apart. Now they only need one going over every year.
I pour the bleach into a pail and use a mop to soak the flags and just mop back and forwards as though washing the floor. laugh.gif
angel

Hi Mary , sorry to read about your mother
I do hope that she gets on the mend soon
Cheers biggrin.gif
angel

Hi Heather , nice to see that you are taking advantage of your
good weather ,

Our weather has been lousy , but they say we will be back to summer next week .

My sister paid me a vist this afternoon , just to shoot the breeze ,
she stayed a good couple of hours , it turned out to be a
very pleasant time . Cheers , Pat biggrin.gif
Heather
Aye Angel, I bet the two of you talked your heads off. laugh.gif

The sun is beaming down again today. I could get used to this sunny weather.

Nothing planned for today, I think it will be a lazy day. rolleyes.gif
Purplefan
very busy yesterday. Went to the car boot sale made 310. (not bad]
Then went to man city ground to see Bon jovi. Not as good as the whitesnake gig,
but it was one of his better performances.
sunny today, so not doing to much. sit in the garden for a while, if my neighbour will stop playing loud music.
Purplefan
Not as hot as it was yesterday, i'm so board i'm watching the Brady bunch.
There has to be a Glasgow alternative to the Brady bunch?
Isobel
Beautiful day , thank god some decent weather . Tired of the weather reports sunny with showers.
Going to sit in the garden and make the most of it.
jakka13
Finally a lovely day when we could spend some time outside !!!!!.My Daughter and SIL came up on Friday and we got a lot of outside stuff done that I've been waiting for some better weather to tackle .They say were back to rain again tomorrow angry.gif
Purplefan
I'm no too well today. Ho i do feel queer! sad.gif
CAT
Sorry to hear your not to well purple (are ye a bit off colour laugh.gif ) Hope you fell better soon.
Purplefan
Thanks cat [very good pun] ,I hid ta phone in sick, my boss wisney too pleased. i'm shivering.
CAT
Well that's it 2 paracetemals and away tae yer bed. A wee bowl of soup might help too. It's all these gigs you've been going to lets face were no getting any younger laugh.gif
Purplefan
I canny heed bang like i used ta.
Ill take yer advice, and hive a wee lie doon.
Purplefan
hope your feeling better today cat? After a hard days graft, i plan todo nothing except
sit on my recliner and watch storage hunters. Its so adictive
Heather
I have had a couple of busy days, so I am having a wee rest now. smile.gif
wombat
laugh.gif purplefan a bit off colour mibbie this will cheer him up CAT
CAT
He should be cheered up with that wombat, it's just so.......PURPLE biggrin.gif
Purplefan
QUOTE (wombat @ 12th Jun 2013, 09:42pm) *
laugh.gif purplefan a bit off colour mibbie this will cheer him up CAT

Thanks wombat. I Do like a bit of floyd. yes.gif
i might even print it off and put it on my wall.
Purplefan
Im at a first aid course for work today. Its all changed, the cpr procedure.
you don't give mouth to mouth now.
CAT
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 13th Jun 2013, 11:46am) *
Im at a first aid course for work today. Its all changed, the cpr procedure.
you don't give mouth to mouth now.

No you no have to pound people on the chest in the medallion area whilst singing bee gee's song's.
Hope it doesn't lead to tradgedy tongue.gif
Purplefan
QUOTE (CAT @ 13th Jun 2013, 11:52am) *
No you no have to pound people on the chest in the medallion area whilst singing bee gee's song's.
Hope it doesn't lead to tradgedy tongue.gif

laugh.gif verry good cat. But the first aid course was a bit of an eye opener.
I'M NOW ON HOLIDAY FOR TWO WEEKS thumbup.gif Going to Glasgow on Tuesday.
pure, dead brilliant!!
Isobel
I painted my front door ,back door and french doors.We have had the paint a while now , but this is the first day the weather was co_ operating.
beth
Treating Allan to a Father's Day lunch on this magnificent day. Sun shining and birds singing here in mid winter Durban
Purplefan
As little as possible. Dont forget to let your husbands have control of the remote
control today.
Heather
In our house I have to smack my husband's hands with a hammer to get the TV Remote Control off him. yes.gif
wellfield
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 5th Jun 2013, 06:57pm) *
I'm meant to be up for work at 04:30am and it 02:50am
i cant sleep.
Do you have any sleep remedies?

NyQuill cough medicine,they also have new product without the cough medicine.....both guaranteed to help you sleep!
wellfield
Enjoying a quiet 'Fathers Day' here in the States....bottle of red California wine and eventually barbecue (as usual) lovely day here 80 degrees (F)
Purplefan
QUOTE (wellfield @ 16th Jun 2013, 07:36pm) *
NyQuill cough medicine,they also have new product without the cough medicine.....both guaranteed to help you sleep!

il give it a go, as long as you can get it in the UK
l'm packing for my holiday in Glasgow tomorrow. I wonder if there will be a civic reception for me?
CAT
The red carpet is being hoovered, and there are banners going up in George Square. Have a great time while your here Purple one. biggrin.gif The sun's out just now but forcast doesn't look great, but who needs sunshine when there is so much to do.
Purplefan
Its a bit cloudy hear in manchester.
I'm getting a train. i'm staying in a little b&b off Great western
road.
I'm so excited. 1 more sleep to go.
Purplefan
watching carry on Doctor.
kennith Williams to Hattie Jakes:
" I was once a weak man"
Hatty Jakes: "Once a week is enough for any man" laugh.gif
Now its Ice cold in Alex.
what a great afternoon. couple of great films and a choc ice thumbup.gif
CAT
So jealous a wee afternoon on the couch watching old movies, just what the doctor ordered.... or was that matron laugh.gif
Tam C
Hi all on one of my merry wanders around the Peloponnese again just arrived at Ancient Olympia ,will go into the site tomorrow but will not be trying any fancy stuff like running or jumping leave that to the young yins must admit though its great to see the young kids faces light up when they are in the Ancient Olympic stadium Cheers Tam C
Purplefan
remember Tamc. All athletes [especially runners] were naked when entering the stadium,
are you going to keep with tradition?
Purplefan
QUOTE (CAT @ 17th Jun 2013, 01:49pm) *
The red carpet is being hoovered, and there are banners going up in George Square. Have a great time while your here Purple one. biggrin.gif The sun's out just now but forcast doesn't look great, but who needs sunshine when there is so much to do.

I should think so, with me being a SUPER lord provest.
I'm hiving a packet of mccoys cheese and onion [real crisps for real men].

I might even hive a yorkie bar as well, I'm so tough.
Isobel
Purplefan have a wonderful trip , enjoy all that Glasgow has to offer. As far as not sleeping, I use Tylenol for night its great, well it works great for me. Also you could try Gravol. Good luck.
Tam C
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 17th Jun 2013, 10:24pm) *
remember Tamc. All athletes [especially runners] were naked when entering the stadium,
are you going to keep with tradition?

Hi Purplefan naw a think ma days of doing the Full Monty Running are over allthough I did streak through the pedestrian street here in my hometown in Denmark in my young days any other retired streakers out there ? Cheers Tam C
Heather
Shock horror gasp, streakers at large. ohmy.gif
Purplefan
well my first full day back in Glasgow. Had my breakfast and walked the length of the great western road
to Anniesland. Got a bus to the top of Byers road. I'm in starbucks having a coffee.
Going to walk to partick cross, then down to the kelvin hall/art gallery.
Lovely day as well. looking forward to seeing ashton lane. smile.gif
CAT
Have a good one purple it's lovely day here thumbup.gif
cathy52
hope your taking plenty photo's purple. thumbup.gif
jakka13
Purpulfan your in my neck of the woods now .Born in Partick and lived there till I came to Canada in 1967.The walk from dumbarton Rd to Great Western Rd used to be a fav of mine on a Saturday aafternoon with a stop in the University Cafe for a plate of hot peas . thumbup.gif
Purplefan
I passed the university cafe today, you can still get a knickerbockerglory in a long glass tumbler.
Purplefan
I canny sleep, i miss my bed. i'm going out for a wee walk.
Purplefan
I was just lying watching the telly, and an advert for a show came on. channel4, i think.
Called," the man with the 10 stone testicle" ohmy.gif . how can you have a 10 stone testicle,
how can he get his trousers on?
I'm shocked.
Purplefan
well today i went up sauchiehall street to the kings theatre and walked all over went to the new transport
museum. very impressed. I'm back in my b&b having a rest. Going home to possil tomorrow.
CAT
Hi purple hope your having a good time. If you look on dear diary you'll see I wasn't far from you last night. I'm no stalkin ye (honest). It was a lovely night last night over at the West End. Have a good trip tae possil. I still get very nostalgic when I pass where I grew up and I pass often.
Keep us up to date on yer travels.
Purplefan
i love the west end. byers road down to partck is just great for shops.
I'm going to ashton lane tonight for a mexican.
I'm going to have a look at a couple of flats tomorrow afternoon.
1 in Dumbarton road and one right next to hampden park.
norrie123
Hi Purplefan ,glad to see your enjoying your trip back to Glasgow
Plenty to do in the Partick Byres rd area, my wife and I pop over from time to time
I was in Mansion st last week, spreading some of my old aunts ashes as close as I could get to where number 21 stood, the rest of her ashes were spread at The Pencil Largs

Today I was hillwalking in the Eddleston Peebles area, smashing sunny day

Bye for now, norrie
Purplefan
sorry to hear of your tast, norrie, But nice gesture. Don't think i'd like my ashes scattered over barloch street, but
i would not mind ending up on angels mantlepiece so i could get a whif of her meat loaf. she pm'd me the recipie
best meat loaf ive tasted, or i'd like to be stuffed and used as a coat hanger in cats home.
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.