Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Purplefan
working till 6pm. sad.gif
Tam C
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 30th May 2013, 10:54am) *
Have a great time TamC.
ID love to travel round Europe by train.
IS IT A TVG YOUR ON?

Hi Purplefan what's a tvg Cheers TamC
CAT
Are you there yet Tam? Have a great time.
Tam C
QUOTE (CAT @ 30th May 2013, 03:32pm) *
Are you there yet Tam? Have a great time.

Not yet CAT I allways pack early so avoid last minute panic rushing ,leave tomorrow night (fre) night train to Copenhagen then off ,looking forward to a month of dossing in the sun ,Cheers Tam C
angel
Well folks I did spend a couple of hrs. outside today
but it is now to hot for me , temp is 29'C but with the humidity
reading ,it feels like 39/40 , so that me in the A.C. for the rest of the day
it's 2pm and it will probably get a bit warmer before this day is out.
and probably a sticky night , without an A. C. . smile.gif
angel

Happy dossing Tam C. . thumbup.gif
Purplefan
That weather would kill me angel.
It is a lovely day hear in Manchester, 19c humidity 16%,
i'm going to Bury market tomorrow. I'm working till 8pm tonight.
start at 2pm.
Purplefan
QUOTE (Tam C @ 30th May 2013, 02:13pm) *
Hi Purplefan what's a tvg Cheers TamC

SORRY TamC i meant a TGV High speed train.
Heather
The housework is nearly all done and I am now having a wee break.

Yesterday I was digging out a lot of flowers that have taken over the garden. Muscari and some other bulbs are in clusters and need separating so I can get some summer plants in.
Still a lot more to dig out.
Purplefan
I got paid yesterday, so I'm off to the Trafford centre for some retail therapy.
And its a lovely day. thumbup.gif
angel

Happy shopping Purple , have a good day .
I will probably have a little retail therapy
myself today , Cheers biggrin.gif
Purplefan
I bought some stuff for the house Feathering my nest early this year,
I also got something for my 3D telly. A sound bar.
and i got so.e scotch pies from Iceland.
good day.
Isobel
Now that my daughter son in law and two kids have moved to their new house ,we have been re arranging the basement.Jim would love a pool table so we are trying to see if there will be enough room. I think there will be.
angel

good day.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

hi purple , does Island also sell snowballs
waffers and nougats ,

Now those pies should be good if you have them with Marrowfat peas .
and maybe a couple or so of fries . biggrin.gif
maybe even gravy . cheers
jakka13
Is that you back to an empty nest again Isobel????.
I just puttered around outside for a wee while .Weather pretrty unsettled again .Terrible thunderstorm yesterda .Nothing to what they are suffering in Oklahoma .God Bless Them All.Poured down again this afternoon .The front lawn feels like a bog .When you go near the front near the water you can see the lake seeping up onto the lawn .The end of the dock is almost under water .Never seen this before .!!!!! Wish things would settle down .my beans are sprouting so that's a good sign . thumbup.gif
angel
waffers and nougats ,

ooooops Purple , I meant "Iceland "

I know they do / did.... in Dumbarton
Cheers biggrin.gif
Purplefan
QUOTE (angel @ 1st Jun 2013, 11:56pm) *
good day.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

waffers and nougats ,

Now those pies should be good if you have them with Marrowfat peas .
and maybe a couple or so of fries . biggrin.gif
maybe even gravy . cheers

No snowballs, although i did get some tea cakes, and a macaroon bar.
I'm having my pie with mash spuds and peas.
angel

That supper sounds pretty good to me Purple .
So why don't you start a little business of your own
selling Scottish imports all the way from Scotland ,
It works pretty good here . biggrin.gif
Purplefan
That's not a bad idea, angel.
once the power goes back on in my building ill look into that.
we have a power cut in Manchester today cant even make a cup of tea.
Back to rubbing two sticks together.
Purplefan
you know what angel? In manchester we have plenty of shops for polish people, Russian and asian.
Manchester and the north west in general, has a huge scottish population.
I could open a scottish shop for groceries and other scottish related paraphernlia, i could be on to a winner.
angel

Check it out Purple if you have a mind too ,
you just never know . thumbup.gif
angel

I'm not doing anything special today
just hanging around .

The excitement of it all is overwhelming smile.gif
Purplefan
Ive got addicted to a show called storage hunters.
Just watched 14 episodes of season one on youtube.
Ive got square eyes.
angel

this is me ended my day , I just had my supper
and logged in to see whats going on . but there is'nt anything
at this time , so I will go sing a wee song . smile.gif

jakka13
Well today is a special day .I've got my three week old Great Grand daughter here for a visit .Adrianna is the sweetest wee thing .Big brother Gavin (Three in September ) is very protective and likes taking care of her .We'll have them for a few days so happy times .Just wish it would warm up a wee bit .We've still got the fire going .Cold wind blowing ,I think I'm making ham soup tomorrow tongue.gif

Well today is a special day .I've got my three week old Great Grand daughter here for a visit .Adrianna is the sweetest wee thing .Big brother Gavin (Three in September ) is very protective and likes taking care of her .We'll have them for a few days so happy times .Just wish it would warm up a wee bit .We've still got the fire going .Cold wind blowing ,I think I'm making ham soup tomorrow tongue.gif
Purplefan
QUOTE (jakka13 @ 3rd Jun 2013, 10:56pm) *

I hope you have a great time with your great granddaughter; hope they don't tire you out two much.
weather is fantastic today. working till 8pm.
angel. Hope you enjoyed your wee song.
Heather
The last few days have been busy one's.
I hosed down the drive again scraping out some of the moss between the bricks. I left it to dry then brushed up all the muck
I brushed the back garden patio then mopped it over with bleach to clean up the flagstones.
Although I used two bottles of bleach I only got half the patio done. So I will have to get another couple of bottle's of bleach. The bleach also kills off any weeds or grass growing between the flagstones.

I hoed the borders today and planted some summer plants.
TeeHeeHee
Hi y'all, remember me? biggrin.gif
What I'm doing today is stretching out on the balcony (having just cut the grass and repaired the path at the Hotel) and wondering if I should maybe have stayed in the UK where I was attended hand and foot by my son and two daughters and their children in their respective homes ... instead of working like a mad-man for the last two weeks to catch up on everything that's been waiting to get done during the wonderful 4 weeks I spent with my Family - although it rained for the whole 4 weeks that I was there.
I'm now doing an average 6 hours a day at the Hotel and trying to sort out around the house and garden to boot.
Last week I had to fit in the Job of (white) painting a co-worker's flat for her before she handed it back over to her landlord prior to moving out: 230 odd square meters of walls and ceilings.
Last night the flush assembly on Mary's mother's toilet blew off at, probably, around 7 or 8 o'clock and she first noticed the flat was flooding around 9.
All Hands on deck as water pouring out under 5 Bar pressure flooded her whole floor area including hall, bedrooms and living room.
We live directly below her so you can imagine how our ceilngs are looking now. rolleyes.gif
Now I have the wall in our hallway and about 100 square meters of ceiling to paint between living room and Mary's bedroom.
No rest for the wicked. blush.gif

So, hello again and see you in another week or two when I've eventually caught up with everything else ... then I can tell you how the TeeHee's Trip #2 turned out to be the most wonderful of times that I have shared with my offspring and the Magic; and complete, reunion with my son after 30+ years of estrangement.
DavidT
Hello THH, glad you are well. Nice to see you dropping by. Sorry about your toilet troubles tongue.gif Nice you had a good time with family. Look forward to your travel tales. Cheers D
Purplefan
I'm meant to be up for work at 04:30am and it 02:50am
i cant sleep.
Do you have any sleep remedies?
DavidT
I'm going on a business trip wink.gif tae Govan.
Purplefan
QUOTE (DavidT @ 6th Jun 2013, 08:40am) *

wonders what sort of business will be conducted in Govan?
Tam C
Hi All dossed about the beach all day lapping up the sun just been through the Scots tanning process blue -white and finally red going to visit ancient Olympia tomorrow then up to Delphi the day after . Cheers Tam C
angel
QUOTE (DavidT @ 6th Jun 2013, 07:40am) *

Thats as good a place as any . smile.gif
angel

Hi All dossed about the beach all day lapping up the sun just been through the Scots tanning process blue -white and finally red going to visit ancient Olympia tomorrow then up to Delphi the day after . Cheers Tam C

that sounds good to me , have a nice time , but use more
sun cream . cool.gif
angel
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 6th Jun 2013, 12:57am) *
i cant sleep.

No remedies Purple , its an incurable condition . sad.gif
Purplefan
I'm sitting in my y fronts with a knotted handkerchief on my head, and
eating a magnum ice cream.
bilbo.s
This picture has scarred me for life! wacko.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 6th Jun 2013, 07:23pm) *
This picture has scarred me for life! wacko.gif

I know................a magnum ice cream eyebrow.gif
Heather
Aye it's ok for some folk sitting there sunbathing while I was doing the shopping then weeded the garden. Then I had to make the dinner and clean up afterwards.

It's true, a women's work is never done.
wombat
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 6th Jun 2013, 02:57am) *
i cant sleep.

laugh.gif AYE, stoap drinkin booze late at night (nae coffee after 6 pm also )

mlconnelly
Hi Heather. I took a leaf out of your book and scrubbed the slabs in my mums garden with some bleach and they came up a treat. Then just as I was going in I heard my mum shouting for help. She'd fallen in the living room, so spend most of this evening in the Western Infirmary. She's split her eyebrow and has broken her arm. Its a clean break and no plaster is needed but she in lots of pain. Mary sad.gif
Purplefan
QUOTE (ashfield @ 6th Jun 2013, 06:58pm) *
I know................a magnum ice cream eyebrow.gif

it was a white one.
Purplefan
Im getting things together for my first ever car boot sale.
Loads of precious things.
I've got a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle. [well 999. One piece is missing]
a lava lamp; some bay city roller 45s; and a evil kinevil bike, [not a real one] the toy one
you wind up. oh and a fondue set.
one mans junk is another mans treasure.
Isobel
We are getting ready for the 4th annual street sale. Great fun. As you say Purplefan one mans junk in another mans treasure.
However right now I am off to the pool.Have a great weekend everyone.
Doug1
Scorchingly hot day today up here on the Black Isle. What have I done all day, NOWT !!! too hot to do anything worthwhile but did put up a tree swing for my 2 year old grandson who will be with us all day tomorrow
Cameron
Hi DOUG The BLACK ISLE is a great place to be i used to go a lot to the BLACK ISLE a lot years ago when i was a little guy i have a lot of relatives there, they all have farms there and one of them had a ELECTRCAL CONTRACTOR COMPANY AT ONE TIME my problem is i have relatives all over SCOTLAND AND I LIVE IN CANADA AND HAVE LIVED HERE SINCE 1964 SO I DONT GET MUCH OF A CHANCE TO VISIT THEM . MY NAME IS CAMERON GILL AND THERE LAST NAME IS GILL AS WELL IF YOU MEET UP WITH ANY OF THEM SAY HI TO THEM
angel

Scorchingly hot day today up here on the Black Isle. What have I done all day, NOWT !!! too hot to do anything worthwhile but did put up a tree swing for my 2 year old grandson who will be with us all day tomorrow

--------------------------------------------------------
Hope you had a lovely day Doug with you grandson
and is that swing strong enough to hold the both of you . biggrin.gif
Heather
Mary, that's a pity about your mum breaking her arm. It will be a bit hard for her to manage with the use of one arm. So that will keep you busy and out of trouble for a few weeks. wink.gif

Did you use a long handle hard brush for the flagstones? I did the first time I did them with the bleach, but as I have been doing it for quite a few years, now I only mop them over with the bleach usually in the Spring, but it has been too wet up until now.

After doing the housework today I sprayed some Evergreen over the front lawn.

The weather has been lovely here the past few days. Long may it last. smile.gif
mlconnelly
I did use a long handled brush but it'll probably take another couple of goes to get them as good as new, my Dad thought it was great.

Had Occupational Therapist in to assess my Mum this morning and also the GP who told her she's not to go out on her own or to otherwise exert herself for the next few days, at least. As soon as he had gone she decided she was going to Tescos for her shopping. So after another blazing row, she let me take her in the car. She's even more stubborn than my Granny was and I didn't think that was possible. Mary wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.