Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
joycewilson
Work for me today, weather doesnt look as nice as yesterday, I dont mind work when the weathers not nice. Have a nice day folks biggrin.gif
beth
Relaxing after our travels. going to sit in the sun and read the book I carted all over but never opened, then..... preparing myself to say goodbye to our precious daughter who goes home to Aus tomorrow
Heather
Today I have been listening to all the News about the three girls who were abducted 10/11 years ago in Ohio.
I think it is some kind of a miracle they are still alive and well after being kept locked up all those years.
It shows the strength of character and strong spirit all three have to endure what they went through all those years and still survive.
God bless them.
Purplefan
just finished a 12 hour shift. Now it's midnight and
i'm doing my online shopping. Tomorrow off though.
Going to see the new star trek film.
Live long and prosper.

I just bought a pair of trousers for 50p on ebay,

pretty snazzy i think you will agree.
jakka13
Hi Heather ,I've been following this case since yesterday.I think the police have a lot to answer for .When they first went missing the police just treated them as run aways!!!!!! According to the reports we are hearing here only one was allowed to have a baby !! If the other two got pregnant they were beaten till they lost the baby .The oldest of the three was told if she didn't deliver a live baby for Amanda she would be killed .What a waste of space on this earth .It seems he had a wife who was beaten on numerous occasions ,he had a daughter from this wife who was a friend of one of the girls he took ,raped and tortured .Nice guy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry.gif
beth
Going to the airport to say goodbye to our precious daughter
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (Heather @ 7th May 2013, 08:48pm) *
I was at the Library today and one of the books I got is the life story of Richard Burton. With the life he led it should be an interesting read.

I had a friend once who always said the secret to his success with woman was that he had a face like Richard Burton " Battered looking" laugh.gif
Purplefan
QUOTE (Heather @ 8th May 2013, 09:50pm) *
Today I have been listening to all the News about the three girls who were abducted 10/11 years ago in Ohio.
I think it is some kind of a miracle they are still alive and well after being kept locked up all those years.
It shows the strength of character and strong spirit all three have to endure what they went through all those years and still survive.
God bless them.

what i don't understand is how one man can keep three women captive?
The other two brothers are not being charged.

It sort of gives you hope that little maddie MCcann is still alive and being held somewhere.
angel

Today is mother's day here , and I am getting family over this afternoon
I am not long home I did have a busy morning , which was nice
but the weather has taken a complete turn around and it's rather cold
compared to what it had been .
ANYWAY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOTHERS.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Cheers , Pat.

wellfield
'Mothers Day' here too in the U.S......Mothers Day is the busiest day for eating out of all the Holidays so I'm setting up the barbecue,two lovely T-bone steaks....in the 90's (F) here in California today! have a great week everyone!
Heather
I'm stuck in the house today as usual as the weather is terrible, rain and a wind that would blow the head off you.

I still have some bulbs to plant in the garden, but with this weather the bulbs will be sprouting before they are planted.
Heather
It will be an early dinner today as our youngest g'daughter is getting Confirmed tonight and has asked her big brother to be her Sponsor, he was all chuffed when she asked him.

My husband was Sponsor for the g'son and me for the other g'daughter.

The Confirmations starts at 7pm and we have to be down early to get a seat as the Chapel will be packed to standing room only for those who leave it to the last minute.

The g'daughter is very pleased as she has been picked to do a Reading, so I will try to get a photo of her in her big moment.

Our son is picking us up at 6'25pm, so I hope to get a seat near the front.
Purplefan
I'm still in my jim jams hiving a cup of tea and a big piece in strawberry jam. wink.gif
beth
Thought about it a couple of weeks ago, thought more yesterday and decided today.
I AM RETIRING! my last working day will be 30th June. How's that for important decisions. Hope I still feel the same way ramorra
Purplefan
QUOTE (beth @ 14th May 2013, 06:43pm) *
Thought about it a couple of weeks ago, thought more yesterday and decided today.
I AM RETIRING! my last working day will be 30th June. How's that for important decisions. Hope I still feel the same way ramorra

well Beth i really hope you enjoy it. It can be quite daunting not having a job.
Friend of mine took early retirement, and now she dose all sorts of weird hobbies.
Good luck and all the best.
Isobel
Beth,retirement is great.
I spent today sitting at my daughters new house,waiting for workmen. The joys of a new house..........

Beth,retirement is great.
I spent today sitting at my daughters new house,waiting for workmen. The joys of a new house..........
Tam C
Enjoy your retirement Beth I took early retirement 5 years ago ,so busy now doing things I want to do the time just flies by .Cheers Tam C
jakka13
Well finally got the PC up and running .Arrived at the cottage around noon on Friday and got the van emptied into the cottage in the pouring rain .I had to go out for groceries so got soaked going into the store and out of the store and again bringing the food inside .WHERE IS SPRING/ My girls were supposed to arrive Saturday but one was baby-sitting my G-Grandson while his Mum was in labour delivering me a Great grand Daughter called Adrianna .We've had HAIL ,SNOW and FREEZING RAIN PELLETS,since we came here on Friday.Furnace and fireplace working overtime keeping us warm .Roll on Spring .Quite the Mothers day weekend .They brought my G-Grandson to see me on Sunday this fourth generation wean said "Love you Granny " Stole my heart .Quite a weekend/
Purplefan
I'm getting home broadband installed today. thumbup.gif so
i have to stay in between 8am and 1pm, then i might go for a pint
Purplefan
well that was fast, super fast. The engineer is hear having a cup of tea, and
he has fixed up my TV to my new broadband fiber optic.
I can now watch 3D films. wink.gif And for the first time, i can watch 1080p HD videos on you tube.
without having to download them first. thumbup.gif
DavidT
Today I was in Govan. I bumped into some old pals. Got coffees and buns at Greggs, sat outside on the uncumfy metal benches. Good to see old mates again. smile.gif
angel

Happy retirement Beth . biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I hope life will be good to you
Cheers , Pat .
angel
Jakka , it is now looking like we are in for some decent weather .
cheers , Pat
angel

David , I always enjoy meeting up with old cronies
Although not to impressed with your seating
arrangements . biggrin.gif Pat.
angel

Have a good day Isobel , those Leafs should have won ,
they simply stopped playing ....... Pat
angel

Cheers Purplefan and Tam C. biggrin.gif

I'm off now , nothing of interest on the boards
DavidT
This afternoon (2-4pm) I will be helping out at the Headway Glasgow stand at the Head Injury Information Day at the Grand Central Hotel, Gordon Street.
Come in, say hello if you are in the area.
ashfield
Good luck with that David, I had some dealing with the organisation in the past and they do sterling work. It's always hard to get the message out there smile.gif
mlconnelly
QUOTE (DavidT @ 15th May 2013, 05:14pm) *
Today I was in Govan. I bumped into some old pals. Got coffees and buns at Greggs, sat outside on the uncumfy metal benches. Good to see old mates again. smile.gif

You should've went inside the shopping centre to the wee tea shop, they sell some lovely cream cookies as well as some other yummy cakes. Mary yes.gif
Purplefan
today i am working till 5pm.
Purplefan
trying to fix my lap top.
stratson
Staying home as usual. Dreich day anyway, not missing a thing. unsure.gif
cathy52
catching up with my family history, to wet to go out. wonder who i'll find today. rolleyes.gif
angel

I had a lovely Sat. morning , very pleasant weatherwise.

I was at a morning birthday celebration , and
we had a barbecued brunch , " Delicious " we stayed
outside on the patio and just enjoyed the moment
with good conversation , lovely people , it's moments
like these when I so enjoy my family , they are so witty.
Anyway the birthday boy/ young man : had to work this afternoon
hence , the early celebration .
Yes , if you don't work you don't eat ,as my mother would say . biggrin.gif

joycewilson
Overtime at work today for me then ironing later...enjoy your Sunday girls... x
RonD
Did you find any new relatives, Cathy?
cathy52
hi rond ,found a few , a gt grandfather with a wee bit of a dodgy past, another gt gt grandfather who comitted suicide [poor soul] getting quite interesting loving it. ha ha. thumbup.gif
Purplefan
Tried to fix my laptop.
Think i made it worse. Instead of it being stuck on diognosing your pc message.
I now have a blank screen. angry.gif
angel

Hi purple , just take it to the Lap Top Hospital
and save youself some aggravation . biggrin.gif
angel

It's been another lovely day and it looks like it will continue
over this holiday weekend .

I had a nice time today , I went to the garden centre and
browsed around for quite awhile , just lovely with all the plants
and I bought some annuals and a few bags of mulch ,
Just trying to keep those weeds down ,
A couple of years ago our government banned some of the
Chemicals used to kill weeds " new environmental laws "
but the products we buy now are useless . sad.gif
anyway , also spent time in the dollar store biggrin.gif and
over to the Pharmacy to pick up a couple of
prescriptions for myself , " A pleasant day " , Cheers

Purplefan
I Did, getting it back on Wednesday 70.00! to get an instilation job.

At leas it will be fixed.
Doing some research for a talk i have got next month.
Heather
My g'daughter, her big brother and Bishop Devine at her Confirmation last week.

Click to view attachment

I met a couple of clowns that night, both men of course.

We got down to the Chapel at 6-30pm and it was packed although the Service was not due to start until 7pm.

We tried to get into a seat where there were only four people spread out across the pew. A man sitting right at the edge of the pew would not move his legs to let us in, neither would he move along the pew which holds eight people.
There were people standing at the back and sitting up in the choir and only those four people remained in that pew all night. wub.gif

After the Service was finished the Bishop always stands there to allow the Confirmed children and their Sponsors to get a photo taken with him. Just as I was taking my picture, a clown of a man jerked my elbow and asked me to let him pass across the aisle. I couldn't believe his rudeness. I ended up with a picture of the ceiling. My son was also taking a photo so I got a copy of his.
Isobel
And a very nice picture it is.
Purplefan
A proud granny.
tomorrow I'm going to Manchester arena to see Canadian rockers Rush, and then,
Thursday i go back to see whitesnake, journey, and thunder.
i know the thread is whit ye saying the day? I wont be on tomorrow so I'm telling you tonight.
Heather
Purplefan, we talk about anything and everything on this Thread.

Enjoy your travels.
wellfield
QUOTE (Heather @ 21st May 2013, 12:10pm) *
My g'daughter, her big brother and Bishop Devine at her Confirmation last week.

Click to view attachment

I met a couple of clowns that night, both men of course.

We got down to the Chapel at 6-30pm and it was packed although the Service was not due to start until 7pm.

We tried to get into a seat where there were only four people spread out across the pew. A man sitting right at the edge of the pew would not move his legs to let us in, neither would he move along the pew which holds eight people.
There were people standing at the back and sitting up in the choir and only those four people remained in that pew all night. wub.gif

After the Service was finished the Bishop always stands there to allow the Confirmed children and their Sponsors to get a photo taken with him. Just as I was taking my picture, a clown of a man jerked my elbow and asked me to let him pass across the aisle. I couldn't believe his rudeness. I ended up with a picture of the ceiling. My son was also taking a photo so I got a copy of his.

wellfield
A proud Granny indeed as you should be Heather!...lovely pic and good luck to them both!
Heather
I worked hard today. I hosed down the Drive and used the hoe to scrape out a lot of the moss. It was hard work and I had to keep going into the house for a wee rest as it is a long wide drive.
I really need to get one of those power hoses and see if I can clean the Drive up properly as it is red brick but looking quite dirty.

Then I had to hose and brush up the back Patio as all the muck ended up there.
If it is dry tomorrow I will get the bleach out and mop over the flagstones to clean them up. The bleach also kills off any weeds and grass growing there.
stratson
Lovely picture of your g/kids Heather, Handsome , & Beautiful. Bless thumbup.gif
Elma
I went to use my Debit Card on Sunday at the grocery store and couldn't find it in my purse. I racked my brains (hard job!!) to try and remember where I had used it last. As Monday was a holiday I had to wait until today to try to find it, however, early this morning I got a 'phone call from my bank to say someone from the Sullivan Pub had brought over my card and I could pick it up any time. I was at the Sully on Wednesday for lunch and must have left it there, thank goodness for living in a small town and, of course, it had not been used. thumbup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.