Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
kenb
aw jakka you are not having any luck apart from bad, luck soon too change i wont bore you but it can and will get better tongue.gif
Heather
Jings Jakka, for the season of goodwill, you are not having much luck.
Now calm down dear and don't worry, it will all turn out great. wink.gif

It's really cold here today and white with frost.

Tonight I am off to our UCM Christmas Dinner, with a wee drink and some dancing thrown in.
I had planned to wear a nice dress, but it's so cold I might end up wearing trousers and a wooly sweater. ohmy.gif
wee mags
Isobel you and Jim look ggod ,and the grandchilren are geting big ,jakka you have to slow doown your making me tired ,but then it ight be the bliddy cold I have ,dont feel like doing much ,as for your packages ,here in the States there has been some people watching the delivery trucks and teh mail to see if the packages are picked up after they are dropped if they see no one is around they steal the packages ,so now we do the tracking thing and we know what day they will be delivered ,
angel

Hi Jean , I do think all will turn out perfect for you ,
Have a great time with you family , biggrin.gif Merry Christmas .

Mag "s I have never purchased anything on the internet
but on reading your post , I probably never will , Ha Ha Ha
anyways you and your family , I hope will have a great Christmas .

And Heather , you just mind and keep sober , have a great night, ha ,ha

So , I am now off on my wee Hiatus in about 15min.'s see you guys later . biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

jakka13
Well the demons keep seeming to haunt me .I cover my outside door in Christmas paper and a big bow .it looks like a big present .I think I might have posted a picture in the gallery some years ago .Well for some reason ,the tape won't stick this year .I'm on my third attempt to get the B*&^^y paper to stay stuck .One very small light came on this afternoon .One of the things I ordered on line that I'm hoping will arrive by Friday can be bought in a wee shop about a fifteen minute drive from me .I found it on line this afternoon .If the post doesn't deliver it by Friday I rush over there and pick it up .Small blessing ,but better than nothing .I made Fruit and Nut fudge today ,one of the easiest things I make the stupid stuff wouldn't set .I've made this a hundred times !!!! If one more stupid thing happens the men in the white coats will be coming to take me away blush.gif Never mind it will soon be Christmas and I'll have all my weans around me and my grand weans and great grandweans .What more can I ask ?I am truly blessed .
Heather
Oh dear Jakka, it sounds like there are a squad of gremlins in your house.
Why not go out for the day and forget about Christmas preparations, the family will want to see you in good humour, not tearing your hair out at all the things that are going wrong.
I hope some good luck comes your way soon.

I had a good time at our UCM Christmas dinner last night, so I have had a lazy day today.
The guy providing the music started off with some Christmas songs then on to the Line Dancing music.
He got a loud cheer when he asked if we wanted Jingle Bells, that had us all up on the floor dancing and singing our heads off. laugh.gif

I was looking for a new Christmas Tree but could not get one I liked without paying a fortune for it. M & S have a nice one for £170, but I think the price is over the top. So I ordered one online from Argos and our g'son will pick it up for me tomorrow as Argos are not doing deliveries for trees.
jakka13
Well I had a good sleep ,woke up ready to face the day .Paper on door loose once again !!!.I told my love if I wrote down all the things that have gone wrong this year nobody would believe me .He keeps telling me not to worry about the small stuff. It's OK for him ,I'm the one trying to fix all the things that are going wrong !!!! I think he's just trying to keep me from bursting into tears .The latest thing on my list of problems is our aquarium .All of a sudden cloudy as milk .Something else for me to try and sort out before the family all arrive on Saturday . Went to the fish store ,almost $30 later came home with stuff that so far hasn't helped wacko.gif I think they will be coming to take me away one day soon laugh.gif Only joking ,I'm sure all will be well before the great day .I've had a good few laughs at some of the crap that has happened (I've only told a few )so as long as I can laugh ,all will be well.I'm just trying to give everyone else a laugh at my expence !!!! Got differnt tape and door paper seems to be stuck !!!!!!.Please keep fingers crossed .Did anyone check out the old picture ?
Heather
Jakka, it's just as well you can laugh about it.
When the family come and you tell them about the bad luck you have had, don't expect any sympathy, they will all fall about laughing. laugh.gif

I was out this morning and it was freezing.

Our g'son collected our Christmas Tree and no taxi needed. He said his dad is on a back shift and he would give him a run up to Argos. When our son saw the tree we ordered, he bought the same one for their house.
It's a 6ft. Luxury Imperial Tree, reduced from £50 to £20. Now that's what I call a bargain. smile.gif

When they brought the tree to our house, the g'son went up the loft and brought the Christmas decorations down.
Sure he is a good lad and all smiles today because he got the results of a couple of his exams and he passed them with good grade's.

I'm now away to start wrapping up some of the Christmas Presents.
jakka13
Well I thought I was having a good day for a change .The paper on my door stayed stuck .All the lights stayed lit.I did my shopping without misshap and was shouting whey whey and then read about Marion passing .Really made me realize how stupid all my problems were . God love her ,rest in peace .
Heather
You are so right Jakka, no matter how bad we think things are, there is always someone worse off than ourselves.

I met Marion a few times when she visited Scotland and enjoyed her company. It's going to be a very sad Christmas for her family.

I was opening our mail this morning and one envelope had printed on the front: Scottish Parliament.
I couldn't think what it could be. It was a Calendar from our MSP John Mason SNP. That's the first time I have ever had anything like that from our Elected Members of Parliament.
On the back it had his email for contacting him at the Parliament and his Office in the East End, as well as given his Surgery times and places.

I wonder how Pat is enjoying her holiday. No doubt she is gallavanting all over the place seeing everything. laugh.gif

The new Christmas tree we bought is lovely.
Isobel
Mornin girls. Well it dont take long to get back to normal. I was on such a high after my trip. Now its back to the real life day to day stuff.We have all been sick here and everyone is coughing . But thank god that too will pass. The news of Marion did not come as a shock but it did make me sit up and think about my own life . How can I make things better. My new years resolution is to try and be as happy as I can every day and not complain as much Marion was always bright and cheerful, this I will always remember about her..
All this tragedy around the world. I find I dont want to put the TV on. As you know I have a couple of the grand kids staying with us right now.
I cant imagine the families in Connecticut, and around the world also that have lost their innocent children.This should be a time of Joy. What the hell is going on folks.This all blows my mind. We come on here and reminisce of the good old days. I wish we could bring them back. We may not have had as much but I think we were much happier.
You asked about my Ausi trip it was wonderful. I loved it . As we were heading into Christmas when I was there I could not help but notice that there were banners everywhere saying Happy Christmas. Still looking for the same here. Oh wait a minute would that be politically right . Our politicians must please everyone ,lets face it they may loose lots of votes if they went back to the good old days. Remember Merry Christmas or Happy Christmas.
Heather
I'm not long back from the town after buying the last of the Christmas Presents.

Isobel, the only place I saw Merry Christmas was in Superdrug. Argyle Street decorations are pathetic.
St. Enoch Centre and Parkhead Forge are the nicest.

The town was very busy with queue's in all the shops.
Isobel
Heather sounds like you have your Christmas shopping done, lucky you . I still have a few things to get. Started to wrap up today. I remember a time I really enjoyed doing it all. Now I am happy when its all over.
Isobel
Jim and I are taking my youngest daughter and the two kids out for lunch. Give Kathryn a wee break. The new baby is keeping her really busy.Luke is two and a half and is really excited about Christmas this year.
Heather
Isobel, sure it is great when the children are young and enjoy the excitement of Christmas and Santa bringing them presents.
Enjoy your lunch with the family. smile.gif

Today I finished writing the neighbours Christmas cards and put them through the letterbox.

I am now taking things easy, do a bit of whatever needs doing, then rest a bit. Then tonight I will wrap up more Christmas presents.
angel
I ended up today with quite a busy afternoon ,
my niece and her husband and their son Jacob,
came round for a visit which was lovely and we had
a nice meal together , so we just spent time having a good old
chinwag while Jacob fixed the TV and anything else that
was'nt tied down biggrin.gif . they left around 5pm to have supper at my
sister's , " their mother " , nice work if you can get it . ha ha

Now as you can see I am back from my visit with my son
which was just great , although the weather was'nt good.
we had a very nice time , with some galavanting
here and there , we found a terrific Mexican Restaurant ,
that served wonderful meals and fantastic Mariachi music , yes.gif .
we dined there three times and also a barbecue restaurant that
was originally an old stagecoach stopover , I must say it did
looked quite dumpy but O' their steaks are outstanding .

I was a bit dissapointed in the downtown area , there is a lot of
construction going on but we did visit
The Cathedral of St. Augustine , it was lovely and there was
school children rehearsing for their Christmas Pagent , very nice
indeed .
Terrific shopping but I did'nt buy much " Honestly,
I did'nt visit too many attractions, mostly a western theme and I was'nt interested in that .

Where my son lives , it's in an area called the Oro Valley , it's beautiful , surounded by hills and mountains , very little grass but lots of desert plants and fabulous homes built onto the hillsides leading to the
Mountains .
Well Ladies thar's about all from me just now , so I will post again later on . Cheers , biggrin.gif Pat ,...
ps. my camera is'nt working very well
my son took some photo's so he will send them on to me .
Isobel
Sounds fantastic Pat. Always great to visit with family. You enjoy ,
angel

Cheers Isobel , biggrin.gif . you have a great weekend
Merry Christmas , Pat biggrin.gif
angel

Hello Tori , I see you are logged on , so if you see this ,
I wish you and yours a merry Christmas
and a wonderful year ahead . biggrin.gif cheers , Pat.
Anne1
Glad you had a nice break away Angel and some lovely food as well
We arrived at my sons this afternoon about 1.30 about 2.30. Nev was taking the cases downstairs and didn't he go and miss the last bliddy stair, he landed on his rear end and what I can make out he has injured his left ankle so he is now resting in bed snoring away will find out how he is when he wakes. Glad you've done all your Christmas cards Heather sometimes you think you will never end writing them and over last couple of years my handwriting has become atrocious can hardly make out what ive written.Have a nice day out Isobel with your family bet Luke is very excited about it all smile.gif
angel

Helol Anne , glad you got to your son"s house
but I do hope that Neville's ankle injury is'nt to serious
and also that you are well .
As for myself I am home this Christmas , although will
be going out of Christmas dinner , but I do have a housefull
on Boxing day . You take care , God Bless , Pat

Anne1
Cheers Angel have a lovely Christmas thumbup.gif
Heather
Hi all, I've hardly been on these last few days as I have been loaded with the cold and sneezing all the time.

I finally finished wrapping up the presents and got them all bagged and separated.

We will have our own family for the early part of Christmas day, then we are off to my niece' house for Christmas dinner with her husband, two sons and one of their girlfriends. They only live five minute's walk away so no problems about getting a taxi.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Anne1
Spent the afternoon at Hexam General Hospital where Nev so called sprained ankle Is a broken ankle, got to go back to trauma unit tomorrow they are not sure if he needs an operation so keep your fingers crossed for us folks smile.gif smile.gif
Melody
Aw I'm so sorry Anne, what a shame. I hope Nev won't need an operation. Take care pal. wub.gif
Anne1
Cheers Melody, have a lovely Christmas smile.gif
angel
Anne , what an unfortunate injury for Neville ,
I hope the same as Melody and no doubt yourself
that he won't need an operation .
Anyway , you take care and we will hear how
Neville is doing , Cheers , Pat x

Anne1
cheers Pat smile.gif
Heather
Jings Anne what a shame, especially at this time of year.

Is Neville on crutches, if so I can commiserate with him having broken my foot a couple of years ago. Remember the year I hobbled into Linda's on my crutches.

Tell Neville we were asking for him.
Elma
Love to you and Nev, Anne, and hope he doesn't need an operation, bad enough getting it plastered. Don't you be getting plastered too, laugh.gif
Have a good Christmas with the family wub.gif
Heather
Angel, I have just caught up with your Post about your Holiday.
I knew you would be away gallavanting all over the place. You said you did not spend much, aye right I believe you, thousands wouldn't. laugh.gif

Now tell the truth, how many new sweaters did you treat yourself to?? wink.gif

I'm glad you had a good time with your son and exploring Arizona. smile.gif

I'm still sniffing and sneezing, I probably will be doing that all Winter.

I'm all set for Christmas Day. It's great not having to make Christmas dinner so I am just relaxing today.
angel

Well Heather I too thought I was all set for Christmas
because I would be going out for Chrismas Dinner and
boxing day would be my busiest but plans are changed , I am
now having company for a Christmas morning breakfast but still
going out for dinner , boxing day plans , have now been moved to
Saturday , ' " all the joys of the season , EH" yes.gif unsure.gif
I am now going out a bit later for a few extra munchies for
that breakfast , Yesterdy I went grocery shopping , it was sheer
bedlam , parking near impossible but today I will walk , It's safer .

I read this a while back , That we should'nt worry about
what we eat over Christmas and New year .
it's what we eat between Christmas and new year , that's the
problem . tongue.gif
Cheers anyway , have a good time , Pat x

stratson
Hello Dear friends. You are a busy lot.
Heather you seem to have it all organised, You can relax now and look forward to a Nice Christmas Day with family, hope it passes uneventful. thumbup.gif

Oh my Dear Anne, how awful' Neville missing the step. Makes you feel you'd have been better staying home taking things easy. I feel so sorry this has happened particularly at this time of year.
Give him a huge hug from me, such a Darling Gentleman, Hope you can enjoy being with family.
Wishing you both the very best. xxx HUG!
Pat,
Glad you enjoyed exploring Arizona, bet it was so warm.Mind you is always nice being at home for Christmas. You can tell me all about it when you have some time.AW RA BEST!

Melody just know you have all under control tongue.gif
As for my Christmas preparations, did some cooking today. Can only manage a little. Tomorrow wil roast all the vegetables except Sprouts, Only my son and I for dinner, Had mant invitations to dinner, party. Not up to that any more, Resting a lot. To be honest, prefer it this way.
Will after dinner relax and enjoy my T.V. Have a Luxury Sherry Trifle which son bought from Lidl, that takes care of dessert.
Trust all of you enjoy "A BLESSED CHRISTMAS"
Anne1
Up date on Nev, new plaster on ankle to swollen to operate,new xray copy of xray for our own hospital as this new plaster to stay on 10 days then they will decide whats what, so travelling home Thursday weather permitting, thank you everyone for asking how he is.
Stratson gave Nev your hug and he says thank you smile.gif
Heather
Poor Neville, plastered for Christmas, and that's without a drink.

So Annwan, I guess it's you who will be doing all the driving. Take care driving on these very wet roads.

Hi Stratson, nice to see you, how are you doing??
angel
Hi Ladies , I hope all of you had a lovely christmas ,
with lots of presents under the tree .
I had a very nice time , with my company for Christmas breakfast
they like myself also had plans for their Christmas dinner
so they left about 2pm which gave me plenty time to clear away
the dishes and stuff and get ready to go out for my own dinner
which of course was delicious . not to mention the Margarita's biggrin.gif

Today , Boxing Day I went out in the afternoon to visit with a
couple of friends and got home just around suppertime before
the storm started , thank goodness , it is wild out there and the snow ploughs are out trying to keep the roads clear , I hope that I don't have to go out tomorrow Thurs. .

Among some of the gifts I received , are two books , The titles are ,
The Time Keeper and The Life Of PI , so I'm looking forward to reading them.

Should you see this Anne , I hope that you and Neville get home safe and sound . Cheers , Pat.
ps . Looks like , come morning I will be back shovelling .
Goodnight folks .
Isobel
Hello Anne ,
I do hope that Neville's ankle injury isn't to serious
and also that you are well.
Angel we are seeing our first fall of snow here in Georgetown tonight.It looks so nice ,mind you ask me about it in four weeks or so.Glad everyone had a good Christmas.All the best to all ,Heather ,Elma, Anne, Angel. jakka,Melody, and Stratson. Hope I didn't miss anyone.
Just heading off to bed. Hope I can get out to the mall in the morning. Want to see if there are any bargains left. thumbup.gif
Anne1
Hi Angel & Isobel we got home safely today, in the house 10mins when it started snowing but it seems to have disappeared for now.
Hope you get some bargains Isobel at the mall, Angel don't be going daft with the shovel clearing the snow. Nev goes to hospital Monday to find out about his ankle will need op or not.So nice to be back in my own wee place catch you later folks smile.gif
mlconnelly
I went up to St Kentigerns to day as it was the anniversary of 2 aunts who died 80 and 40 years ago today and visited a few other as well. Ron, said hello to you grandparents as I was passing. Mary biggrin.gif

PS. Anyone planning a visit to the cemetary should remember to take a snorkel, its completely water logged.
Heather
Hi Angel, Isobel, Anne and Mary, I hope you all had a nice Christmas.

We had a good time and a lovely meal at my niece' house all cooked by her husband.
My niece is a Nurse and was on an early shift on Christmas Day so her husband takes over when she is working.
I got a lot of lovely presents and enough chocolates to last me until Easter.

I still can't get rid of the cold I have, it seems to be clearing up then the next thing it's as bad as ever. I have my blanket plugged in and I am going to bed soon.

Mary, you have a big heart visiting a Cemetary in this weather.
mlconnelly
Not Really Heather, it seemed quite mild and dry til we got there and it was freezing. That aside, my cousin was with me and we had a bit of a laugh remembering when all the cousins used to be taken up every Sunday, weather permitting, then going into Hannah's cafe on Balmore Rd on the way home. I also find the cemetary quite a relaxing place to be and I love reading peoples headstones to see if theres a story to tell but its really depressing to see the state the whole place is in with stones falling down all over the place, mostly due to lack of drainage. Another reason for GCC to hang their heads in shame.
I had a very nice Christmas, thank you, and we're off out tomorrow to celebrate Mum and Dad's Diamond wedding anniversary. laugh.gif
Heather
Mary, is that the cafe that is where the bus terminus was many years ago?
I'm talking the 1950s before we moved to Barlanark and before you were born.
We used to go there quite often as well as we have relations buried in both Cemetaries.

I agree with you that the Cemetary is a mess. I noticed that when we were there a few months ago when my cousin died.

Congratulations to your parents on being married for 60years. smile.gif
mlconnelly
Hi Heather, I don't know if it was the bus terminus but the cafe was almost directly opposite St Agnes's church and the building is still there. Mary
Anne1
Yes Hannahs café definitely still there the other café was called The Terminus café but it has been pulled down a long time ago
Isobel
Sounds like everyone had a good Christmas. Heather you niece is very lucky having a husband that cooks her meals. Well gals its another party for us tomorrow. My wee Lilah will be two and we are having her party here. I should get into bed I will have to be up early tomorrow. No coffee after church ,it will have to be straight home. Would hate the guests to be arriving and find none of us home.
Heather
Isobel, my niece went into Nursing straight from school, it is all she ever wanted to be. She also has a Degree in Nursing that she did at University.

So her husband is used to the shifts she works and when they had their two boys, her husband had to learn to cope.

No doubt you are looking forward to the bedlam of a two years old birthday party, but I'm sure you will enjoy it. smile.gif

I have been having lazy days spent with my nose stuck in a book as usual.

It is the last book Maeve Binchy wrote. She died in July of this year.
It was a Christmas Present, and my son knows I love Maeve Binchy books.

It's called: A Week in Winter. It's stories about people who go to live in a Hotel in Ireland for one week in winter.
annie laurie
HI HEATHER,
JUST READ YOUR POSTING RE MAEVE BINCHY

I HAD NOT HEARD SHE HAD DIED,
WAS SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT AS I HAVE READ ALL HER BOOKS ALSO,
SHE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN THAT OLD,

GREAT SURPRISE, I JUST CHECKED THE TV LISTINGS AND >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
TO-NIGHT [SUNDAY]THEY HAVE THE SPECIAL ON ABOUT THE MIDWIFE'S
I THINK IT WAS THE ONE THAT YOU ALL SAW IN THE U.K. ON CHRISTMAS DAY MELODY

CANT WAIT MADE MY DAY biggrin.gif
AS I HAVE BEEN HOUSE BOUND SINCE BOXING DAY (26th)
BUT TO-DAY I FORCED MYSELF TO GET SHOWERED AND DRESSED AND FEELING A LOT LIKE MY OLD SELF AGAIN, [FINGERS CROSSED] I THINK I WILL LIVE, tongue.gif

SO I HOPE WEE MAGS AND ISOBEL READ THIS SO THEY CAN TUNE INTO THE MIDWIFIES
I KNOW ISOBEL IS BUSY WITH HER GRANDAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY PARTY BUT HOPEFULLY THEY WILL BE ALL GONE HOME BY THE EVENING,

HOW IS your COLD HEATHER? I DID NOT HAVE THE FLUE WAS SOME SORT OF VIRUS THE C.F.>FACILITY WHERE MY HUSBAND IS, WAS CLOSED AS MOST OF THE 60 RESIDENTS WERE ALL SICK, SO YOU CAN GUESS WHERE I CAUGHT IT,
MY LUCK I GET THE FLUE SHOT TO PROTECT MYSELF END UP CATCHING A VIRUS,
ANYWAY ONLY ONE MORE DAY TO GO TILL 2013,

CHEERS EVERYBUDDY, AW RA BEST

DO PEOPLE STILL GO FIRST FOOTING TO THEIR NEIGHBOURS IN GLASGOW OR HAS THAT ALL CHANGED ALSO, //??????
wee mags
just read your post annie ,thanks for letting me know I love those lassies ,today everyone is off some where so its just me and Mike so i am making a nice roast beef ,parsleyd potatos,and brussel sprouts ,for us.My younger sister was a Maeve Binchey reader ,I hope you all have a good New Year Good Health and Happiness in the New Year
Heather
Annie, I'm still sneezing and snifling, I think I have this cold for the rest of winter.

I had a warm bath the other day to see if it would help as standing under the shower did not make me feel any better.

I watched Call the Midwives, today as I missed it on Christmas Day when I got home just in time to see Downton Abbey. I won't tell you how it ended as some of you are just going to see the 3rd series.

I have also read all Maeve Binchy books and still have a lot of them. As I have finished the new book, I have started to re-read The Glass Lake. I've read it that often I could write it myself.

Have you read: Minding Frankie?
I loved the way Maeve brought in characters from her other books in this one, and felt as though I knew them personally. That probably sounds silly, but it's the way Maeve write's that makes them so real.

Born 28 May 1940
Dalkey, County Dublin, Ireland
Died 30 July 2012 (aged 72) Dublin, Ireland

www.maevebinchy.com

Maeve Binchy Snell (28 May 1940 – 30 July 2012), known as Maeve Binchy, was an Irish novelist, playwright, short story writer, columnist, and speaker best known for her humorous take on small-town life in Ireland, her descriptive characters, her interest in human nature and her often clever surprise endings. Her novels, which were translated into 37 languages, sold more than 40 million copies worldwide, and her death, announced by Vincent Browne on Irish television late on 30 July 2012, was mourned as the passing of Ireland's best-loved and most recognisable writer.

Her books have outsold those of other Irish writers such as Oscar Wilde, James Joyce, Samuel Beckett, W. B. Yeats, Seamus Heaney, Edna O'Brien and Roddy Doyle. She cracked the U.S. market, featuring on The New York Times bestseller list and in Oprah's Book Club. Recognised for her "total absence of malice" and generosity to other writers, she finished ahead of Jane Austen, Charles Dickens and Stephen King in a 2000 poll for World Book Day.
angel

Hello Mags , thank you so much for your lovely card , and festive wishes
I hav'nt sent as many cards this year just some to family and Anne 1
I got all caught up on my trip to Arizona and thats my feeble excuse
but never the less I do wish both you and Mike all that will be good for
both of you this comming year ,
You know Mags I had a houefull this weekend with family members
and I have always remembered what you said at the last meet ,
which was " Pat if there is floor space then there is enough room to
accomodate extra friends for a night or two , " A great philosophy ",
we had a terrific time especially with no one having to drive home
until today , also I aquired a couple of air beds , which made me
happy with everyone being very comfotable .

This has been one of my busiest December's , happy but wiped out ,
time now for this old gal to take time out , and sleep for a week or
two . God Bless Mags , regards to Mike .
Jakka , hope you had a lovely time with your family ,
Cheers to everyone else , Take care ,
ps . Anne , hope all is Ok with Neville . biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Cheers , Pat .

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.