Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
stuarty
am in my bed as a have a lot to do the morra and a lot of cans of fanta etc in morrisons 3packs 3 pounds 18 no bad eh wub.gif
celtic-chic67
hello keelie, how's your hand ? hope it's better soon,that's nice the family coming round tae help you decorate your christmas tree for you,and your mum making you home made soup,where would we be without our wee mammie's?you just let them pamper you for as long as it takes,enjoy wink.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye thats me am off oot the door ,,see yi aw efter,Lass tongue.gif
jaybee
Good morning folks.... today I am packing up my desk and throwing things away because this time next week will be my last day at work....retirement looms..... hip hip hurray....... jaybee
celtic-chic67
hi jaybee,best wishes on your retirement.
jaybee
thanks chick, I am really looking forward to it. Just a wee bitty afraid I won't be busy enough but everyone tells me that I will be busier.... Jaybee
celtic-chic67
I'm sure you'll fine something tae keep you occupied jaybee,best of luck wink.gif
murn
Good on yee JB. wub.gif Am sure yeel huv lots tae dae if no, let me know and I'll help yee oot tongue.gif
Jist think of it as a never ending weekend. Yeel end up no huving enough time tae dae all that yee want.
jaybee
Thanks Murn.... I just can't get over the fact that I will no longer be paid for long weekends and holidays.... shucks..lol. Jaybee
Anne1
laugh.gif just finished gutting my bedroom when my daughter was here last week we done wardrobes and drawers now changed to new bedding ,curtains also bought myself new tv and video recorder for bedroom so got all that done today and it works, now going to wash my hair as my daughter is coming to cut our hair today before we go away at weekend, and im now shattered so sitting here with a wee cup of tea and a yum yum, so thats me folks
Anne1
laugh.gif jaybee enjoy your retirement when it comes and believe me sometimes theres not enough hours in the day to do all you want to do, we enjoy our retirement got lots to do got wee clubs to go to, out for meals see a few wee shows, get up some mornings and say lets go someplace and we do so relax and enjoy jaybee
jaybee
Now Anne, to me that just sounds like the perfect retirement. I read your posting before this one.... the one that got me tired out just reading about all the work you did. Does that come wie retirement tae?????
Lennox
QUOTE (jaybee @ 12th Dec 2007, 05:56 PM) *
Does that come wie retirement tae?????

Of Course it does, thankfully I don't know wink.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif yove only 10 to go lennox hen then you will know laugh.gif
lindamac
laugh.gif anne you need tae work again fur a rest pal hahaha neil & I are off out today to take him for an MRI he has nerve damage tae neck so there checking to see just the extent of it as ordinary xrays showing up a ferr tate of damage as well as rheumatoid arthritis in it so we want tae get him the best care.We will do some last minute chrissy stocking filler shopping as well as get our daughter & sons Birthday gifts for Jan & Feb oor hoose is full on from November tae May hard oan the pocket tae rolleyes.gif
murn
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 12th Dec 2007, 03:05 PM) *
laugh.gif yove only 10 to go lennox hen then you will know laugh.gif

In Canada women don't get their pension until their 65 and I know Britain is gradually changing it to the same, what is the age of retirement in the States is it 60?
glasgow lass
murn,,, if I may aha think its 62 or 63 yrs old
murn
tks Lass jist wondering, thought it wis 65 like here. Watching Corrie right noo be back in about 10.
murn
looks like we ur gonny huv a lot more of the white stuff, trying tae get caught up wae some work so its heid down the day. If yee see me on here kick me oot unsure.gif
celtic-chic67
Well today I'm dog sitting,as shannon's uncle is away tae watch her in her school show
she is an angel in it laugh.gif if only.me and michael are going to watch her tomorrow
so I'm looking forward tae it. biggrin.gif
stuarty
went to dentist for second fitting only 3 to go and the last apointment will be in january .

got 2 lots of bad news today nextdoors nephew commited suicide only in20ies and an old neighbor passed away tuesday so a always get 3 and my wee mammie's anniversary yesterday 20 years so a was a wee tad sad but it happens thats part of life eh and am living my life to the full when possible cause thats life wub.gif
betty2
Been a busy week for me , my sister in law passed away , funeral was yesterday[ thursday] so I,ll have a lot of catchin up with housework which will take me the biggest part of the day wink.gif
glasgow lass
Awcht a wee lady in the Dr's office got the worst news ever the day and mah heart jist broke for her she was told that she had cancer so ahm still a wee bit sad oor that, noo am listening tae some of my mothers old songs,, the lovely voice of Mario Lanza singing Love is a many splendored thing and another nice one is Some enchanted evening ,,, that ferr me and Stuarty smile.gif
betty2
Gawn lookin fur another win at the bingo rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
Aye winding doon noo with a nice cuppa tea and going tae watch the steamie shows ,,, they look great so see yi aw in the mornin nite nite,,,LASS smile.gif
betty2
good night lass biggrin.gif
RonD
Congrats on your retirement Jaybee. Linda how did neil do on his MRI?
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye betty g/m noo hen,, weather might be bad this weekend but ahm jist going oot the door soon cant sit aboot aw day waiting ferr the worst things tae happen or ah'll get nothing done Lol,have a great day everybiddy,,,Lass tongue.gif
Elma
I am getting down to writing my Christmas cards at last. ohmy.gif Sent off a couple of parcels today and I have only a few thing to get, thank goodness. Better be off, I could be on here all day as usual!! laugh.gif
penny dainty
made some mince pies and put the marzipan on the Christmas cake , went to the grog shop and got some wine and some beer and I think mr. Dainty sneaked off a nd bought a wee bottle of Bailly's , hmm wonder who that might be for........ME! HA! biggrin.gif
witshisname
Got up at 7am looked oot ma windae and saw the white oot of snow,so i went back tae bed fer a few hours.
Just looked oot the windae again noo there's snow and freezin rain comin doon,think i'll get masel a nice hot chocolate,head back intae bed and watch the Bourne Trilogy smile.gif Oh Aye, have i said how glad i am tae be back in Montreal sad.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye wits aha know whit yir saying the weather's bliddy terrible here as well,,,but aha had a nice time with mah big sister we laughed aw day yesterday ,the christmas shopping is done so we jist walked aroon the mall and talked aboot out great christmases spent in Glesga and aha wiz telling her aboot Mrs kulfeathers,, it was a wonderful weekend aha must say,,Lass smile.gif
witshisname
Tell ye wit,i could just go a plate of Mince & Tatties the noo.D'ye have Mrs Kulfeathers phone number so i can see if she'll make me some??? I don't even care where the tatties are fae smile.gif
Java
Ah'm writin' a strongly worded letter tae ma cooncil the day.

Friday evenin' a white van pulls intae ma drive, two men get oot.....fiddlin aboot in the back o' the van for a wee while, wan comes oot wi a drill.....

"Can ah help ye?" says me, everso polite.
"No thanks, we're okay!"

Other wan walks right past, completely ignorin' me, and they both head over tae the bins.

"Excuse me....whit ye doin?" says ah.....still bein polite.....still bein' ignored.....

So ah picks up a coupla handfuls o' woodbark and throw them at the van.....

"Hey, hey, what ye doin'?" shouts trespasser......

"Ah asked you furst...." says ah.

Turns out they're microchippin' the bins......which is fine.....whit dae they hafty be sneaky aboot it for? mad.gif
Angela Chick
Oh Java am laughing here you and ma mark would get on great NOT laugh.gif

He goes bonkers cos nearly everyday when he is out on the roads working and digging up cables and stuff, folk come up to him saying " hey what are you doing?" he replies with " my job" through gritted teeth. lol.

One time a guy asked him and he was so annoyed he said " am putting in a cable its a Tsunami Warning System. laugh.gif
Java
oh that's a cracker....laugh.gif laugh.gif

See, ah'm no bothered whit they do ootside....but ah hudny a clue who they wur....nae logo on the van or nuthin....when they come oantae ma property, surely ah'm entitled tae know whit they're doin there.....
RonD
Yer right, Java a polite wee intro would huv saved everywan the wrath o' green volcano mad.gif
You are entitled tae know whit they urr dae'in yer property. ...an' whit urr they microchippin' bins furr anywey? Ah mean who sponsored them the S.P.C.B. (B furr bins)
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye am the lucky one, work winding doon noo till next yrs jist a few oors here and there ferr me,,oh how nice!,, so aha think Ill away tae the gym this mornin and get a good start tae the day,, so cheerio everybiddy , be oot tae play efter ,,Lass smile.gif
witshisname
wondering if i should head oot and get something fer ma supper the night,the streets still hivnae been cleared of all the snow that fell last night. sad.gif
So Java does that mean yer bins are now outfitted wae the latest TomTom GPS system???? biggrin.gif
stuarty
hey java a think its a webcam to see who exactly you have got in the shed see the F B I are watchin or even big sister ///////a wrote that cause am fedup hearin big brother is watchin you laugh.gif so big sister is watchin you oh did the poor wee card arrive yET????????????? laugh.gif
murn
Caught up with most of my work and this cold is beginning tae go away so now its time tae get some Christmas decorating done. Noo if a could jist dig ma way through that 6 foot wall a snow sad.gif
betty2
Whit am daen the day is sayin ma usual g/mornin tae Angela, [she,s havin brekkie at the moment] then headin tae supermarket then comin back tae sit doon an watch the world go by. rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye murn good tae see yi back we missed yi hen,,,, have a great day oan these here boards everybiddy,,,Lass
celtic-chic67
hello lass, wit you up tae the day?I've just finished the hoose work and siting wae a wee cup of coffee.when I pick the wean up fae school I'm taking her tae the hairdressers tae get the dead ends off.her first school disco is the morra and want tae tidy it up a bit,it's that curly it's like a burst couch laugh.gif laugh.gif
keelie gal
laugh.gif a burst couch thats a good yin celtchic .....aww she sounds lovely with her curly hair
celtic-chic67
keelie it's lovely,but a nightmare tae brush laugh.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Hi 67,, ah'll be up tae a few things the day, furst the gym for aboot two hrs then most likely going tae the mall there's always the last few gifts tae get,, ah'd like tae go back tae the gym the night again as there is a smashing class on for an hoor, plus aw the othe S--- that has tae be done ,,,, other than that ahm no doing too much tongue.gif ,Lass
Anne1
laugh.gif Housesitting for a couple of hours there now back to get showered dressed for our xmas dinner in the complex a nice 3 course meal and a wee disco afterwards, this is our first xmas dinner so tae hell wae the figure am away to enjoy laugh.gif
celtic-chic67
hope you have a rear tear anne,and enjoy your meal,see if you can get a wee doggy bag for me will you laugh.gif wink.gif
Java
Enjoy yer dinner Anne....biggrin.gif

Good Evening Everybuddy biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.