Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
annie laurie
Helo Linda,

nice to see you popping in,
hopefully all is going as well as can be expected,
You sure have been though the Mill,
So, one day at a time,

Thanks also for your Facebook, message which i have not answered you yet, but appreciate .
i will PM you one of these nights and bring you up to date,
Take care

laugh.gif OX

New system linda so i have lost all my lovely emoticons rolleyes.gif

Heather
Hi Linda, nice to see you back on Board. How are you doing??

The Engineer came out this morning and he said the Gas Boiler needs a new Pump and he has to send to England for it so he will be back tomorrow.
Apparently there are a few other things wrong with the Boiler and the repairs are going to cost us 400. ohmy.gif

My husband can't believe how a big Company like British Gas has to send to England for spare parts.

So I am sitting here with the oven on trying to keep warm as the house is as cold as a fridge.
Heather
Our G'son stopped in on his way home from College and asked why the house was so cold.

We told him about the Boiler breaking down and he said his dad had bought a fan heater one time when their Central Heating broke down, and sent his dad a text to look the fan out.
He went home and came back five minutes later with it so now we have some heat in the sitting room. smile.gif
I might pinch it later on to heat up the bedroom. wink.gif
angel

I had a nice day yesterday Tues. I went swimming , first since the
christmas hoildays , and realized just how unfit I am , afterewards visited
with my sister and her husband ,had lunch with them and spent a nice afternoon just shooting the breeze .
Heather hope that your home heating is now working . cheers smile.gif
Heather
Angel, heating is on ok but the Engineer has to come back out tomorrow to put in another new part and that is going to cause problems.
The unit underneath the worktop nearest to the Central Heating Boiler has drawers in it and noone can work out how the drawers come out!! When he gets them out, he has to cut a hole in the side panel to put the new part in. wub.gif

I have spent the last few hours checking the calls on our Phone Bill and some of them are a complete nonsense.
I.E. Five calls to the same Taxi Firm all within two minutes.
Two calls to the same taxi at a time when I was at the Hospital visiting Maurice.
For one week there are calls for the same taxi nearly every day of the week, some twice a day.
Two calls to my neice who lives a few minutes from me, each lasting 30 minutes and with 30 minutes of each other. A complete nonsense.
I have complained about then so we will see what happens.

Right at this moment the snow is coming down thick and fast. unsure.gif
angel

cheers Heather , now you can get rid of the extra gloves and socks ,
as for the phone calls , well , let's face it , what would life be
without all that aggravation . wub.gif
Heather
Angel, no gloves and socks in these drawers, they are in the kitchen.

Top drawer is our cutlery. Next is tea towels and plenty of them as friends bring them back from abroad. I smile and say thankyou whilst thinking, oh dear not another tea towel. rolleyes.gif
Bottom drawer is full of all those kitchen utensils we don't know where else to put them. laugh.gif
angel
you know Heather , I think that was a disgraceful situation regarding your
central heating to have been left without any heat for those days,
As far as I am concerned I do believe that British Gas or whatever their name is , should have brought in another heating contractor to do the job.
Just a couple of week ago , I had a new water tank installed , but later that day , " A burst pipe " I called the firm as soon as I realized the trouble , they could not get anyone here so late in the day but they sent out another contractor .

I've just had a call from my grandson telling me that he has just
got a job in the bank as a teller which will work out just fine with his university classes , happy day. A new experience for him , cheers biggrin.gif
Heather
Great news for you g'son Angel.

Well the work is all finished now, thank goodness.

Maurice got the drawers out by taken them apart. Then the Engineer showed us the size of the hole he would have to cut in the side panel. This meant we would have been left with a big space as the middle drawer would not be able to be put back in.
So I asked could it not go below the floor as we had a hatch. The Engineer checked it out and that was fine.
Now Maurice is having a job trying to get the drawers fitted back in. We have never seen drawers fitted like this as the runners are metal with wee buttons and metal wheels at the side that you press and turn when fitting the drawers in but they don't seem to be gripping. wub.gif
So far there is only the middle drawer fixed in and the kitchen is like a bomb hit it.
Heather
Drawers all fixed, kitchen cleaned up and the house back to normal. smile.gif

Tonight I decided to go to the Vigil Mass and afterwards I went over to Morrisons to do some shopping.
I went into the Ladies and there was a a poly bag lying there with a cake and a purse in it.
I handed it in at the Customer Service Desk and the Assistant called over another Assistant and the three of us checked out the purse. There was 135-00 in it and a bunch of cards with a female name on them.
The Assistant said it was very good of me to hand it in and I said , " what else could I do I am just out of Mass, " they burst out laughing and I joined in. The three of us stood there laughing our heads off as though I had made a funny joke. laugh.gif

The name was called out over the Speakers but no one came near.
So I had to leave my name and phone number.

Just after I came home the phone rang and it was the girl who lost the money and was phoning to thank me and tell me she would leave a box of chocolates for me at Morrisons.
I appreciated that as there are some people who would not take the time to say thank you.
angel

Well heather if your post does'nt encourage all of us to attend Mass ,
then nothing will , biggrin.gif

I'm feeling a bit ashamed today,
I was at the bank this morning and the young woman who was serving me , mentioned that she and her family would be going to the UK on vacation , come April , I also told her that I would be in Glasgow in March ,
her reply to me was " my , you must be brave " ,

she said that they would never again stop in Glasgow because of the humiliating experience , they had to deal with from a bunch of louts ,
who where giving she and her family a hard time because , because !!!!!!
they are Asian , e.g. in appearance , but in fact are 3rd and 4th generation Canadians , Also she does hope that those young people working in the tourist trade have since improved their attitude towards
vacationers since she was there, This holiday they will bypass Glasgow
and continue onto Dublin , I believe she said from London .
I am now wondering if this is the typical response from Canadian
visitors who are not Expats and if so , What a damn shame .
glasgow lass
Well done Heather and what a great surprise am sure for the owner of the bag. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
angel I have heard people speaking of Glasgow in the same way, its just horrible!,I hate hearing this and a wish that the ground would just open up and swallow me because we really cant argue with their experience but just stand there and listen to it,,,,gawd!!!,,,,but am sure that yoo will have a lovely time there. Its about time I payed a wee visit to Glasgow also cool.gif
glasgow lass
and em am just sitting here on ma stairs wae ma lappy as have just washed all the floors so have to say poot for a few minuts till they dry, am like cinderella on a Saturday night rolleyes.gif
angel
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 28th Jan 2012, 11:31pm) *
angel I have heard people speaking of Glasgow in the same way, its just horrible!,I hate hearing this and a wish that the ground would just open up and swallow me because we really cant argue with their experience but just stand there and listen to it,,,,gawd!!!,,,,but am sure that yoo will have a lovely time there. Its about time I payed a wee visit to Glasgow also cool.gif

Well c'mon then , whits stoapin you Lass , biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
also reading that they have caught the creep who attacked the Canadian woman down in Mexico, thank God hes now in custody, I'll think twice befor I go back down to Mexico that for sure. Used to always feel very safe there, at one time.
proudmaryhiller
Hi Lass, how are you doing, please take care if you go back to Mexico.

I think most places have their fair share of problems, not just Glasgow, and it's now multicultural, shame on those louts, biggest percentage of weegies are very friendly.

I remember chinese tourists stopping my sister and asking if they could take a photo of her, she's got red hair lol, she was not very pleased, I still laugh when I think of that. biggrin.gif

Angel, hope you enjoy your visit to weegieland! and Lass hurry up and get back here for a wee visit. biggrin.gif
angel

thank you Mary , I will be visiting my brothers and their families
and hopefully I can take in a few other little events , Cheers biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
[quote name='angel' date='29th Jan 2012, 12:39am' post='3567343']
[/quote

O maybe Italy angel !. laugh.gif
angel
[quote name='glasgow lass' date='29th Jan 2012, 02:03am' post='3567364']
[quote name='angel' date='29th Jan 2012, 12:39am' post='3567343']
[/quote

O maybe Italy angel !. laugh.gif

Now that makes sense ! cool.gif
Heather
Well Lass, if your going to Italy again can you take me with you??

Angel that's good news that you are coming to Glasgow and I'm sure you will find the time to meet some of us.

I'm hoping to go to Dublin for the weekend to celebrate St. Patricks Day on the 17th March that's if I can coax Maurice to go. Trying to that man to go anywhere is like trying to get blood out of a stone. rolleyes.gif
wellfield
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 28th Jan 2012, 05:44pm) *
also reading that they have caught the creep who attacked the Canadian woman down in Mexico, thank God hes now in custody, I'll think twice befor I go back down to Mexico that for sure. Used to always feel very safe there, at one time.
I agree!..used to vacation there since the 1970's and worked there on maritime projects off and on..I'm 50 odd miles from the border but would not take an all expense paid vacation if it was handed to me...45,000 dead due to the drug violence!.....crying shame,as most of the Mexican people are wonderful,friendly and very kind people.
Heather
Sure it's always the same, it's the bad people who spoil things for everyone else.

When we went to our g'sons Graduation in the Concert Hall last year, we got a taxi right to the door and another taxi home. We would not walk through the town at night.
glasgow lass
We have a sowy mornin ahead but am not shoveling am drivin right over it and pretending a dont see it rolleyes.gif ,,, well another full day of keep fitz and wurk, prob wont get home tae late afternoon, yuk!.Yesterday a was out with some friends just as we entered the restaurant we heard that the sentence had been handed down to the Sharif family who had committed the murders of four other family members, three daughters and a first wife ( honor killings its been called ). All three killers have received 25yrs in prison, so this was the topic of oor conversation yesterday, very interesting indeed.
Hi mary, how you going yirself biggrin.gif Have a smashin day everybiddy. smile.gif
angel

Angel that's good news that you are coming to Glasgow and I'm sure you will find the time to meet some of us.

I hope so Heather , that would be really nice . biggrin.gif

.Hope you get to Dublin , you tell your husband not to be so selfish . unsure.gif

angel

Lass about that Shariff case , I hope they do those 25yrs ,
it should be 25 yrs for each death , sad.gif
angel
Hi Campbell , hope all goes well for you , the hard work will begin
post surgery , lots of excercises , stick with them , thats were the success lies , cheers biggrin.gif
angel
A beautiful day today for Jan 31st a bit windy but lots of sunshine ,
I went to the hairdresser this morning , did a little window shopping
and had a pleasant walk, and now I will see what I can do around the
House , no point in hanging around the boards , nothing of interest for
me today , biggrin.gif
Heather
Angel I had an interesting day with a call from BT about a complaint I made about the calls listed on our Phone Bill.
There were five calls to the Health Centre, 1 at 9-01, 2 at 9-02, and 2 at 9-03. There were also calls made when I was at the Hospital visiting Maurice and there are only the two of us living here.
Numerous calls to a Barred Number!!!

They said it must be something wrong with my phone and does it have stored numbers, I told him no. According to him it's the phone that's at fault.
So while one of us is phoning the Health Centre, the phone itself is making four other calls to the same number. wub.gif
I asked him if he thought he was talking to a fool. he said, " I never called you a fool ". I said, " no but your talking to me as though I was one when you are expecting me to accept that tripe ".

He is given us a one off 8 credit and as far as I'm concerned it's one way of admitting it's their fault.
He told me to buy a new phone and I would see a difference in my calls. rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
QUOTE (Heather @ 29th Jan 2012, 09:48pm) *
Well Lass, if your going to Italy again can you take me with you??

I'm hoping to go to Dublin for the weekend to celebrate St. Patricks Day on the 17th March that's if I can coax Maurice to go. Trying to that man to go anywhere is like trying to get blood out of a stone. rolleyes.gif

Of-course I can Heather biggrin.gif
Heather
Yipee. laugh.gif

http://youtu.be/-prQ8AE_nvY
glasgow lass
QUOTE (angel @ 30th Jan 2012, 04:40pm) *
Lass about that Shariff case , I hope they do those 25yrs ,
it should be 25 yrs for each death , sad.gif

Yes angel that would have gone down much better with some that I know who feel the same as you, at least the never goy one of them slaps on the wrist rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
sorry for the mistakes there angel, Im typing in the dark ,,,,,that why biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
pluss making dinner! aand watching corrie! tongue.gif
angel

sorry for the mistakes there angel ' Im typing in the dark ,,,,,that why

pluss making dinner! aand watching corrie!
-----------------------------------

Lass , Now that's a perfect example of multitasking , laugh.gif laugh.gif
angel
Heather

They said it must be something wrong with my phone and does it have stored numbers, I told him no. According to him it's the phone that's at fault.
So while one of us is phoning the Health Centre, the phone itself is making four other calls to the same number.

-----------------------

Heather , just keep your phone to see if this
should happen again .

By the way , I think it's a clever phone
maybe it's a wee switchboard n you don't know it , biggrin.gif

Anyway , tell him 8 pounds won't buy a new phone rolleyes.gif
Heather
Angel you made me laugh with the remark that the phone is really a wee switchboard. laugh.gif
I wish I had thought to say that to the BT guy yesteday.

We have just watched the film: The Elizabeth Smart Story, the 14 yrs old girl who was abducted in Salt Lake City in 2002 and found nine months later still alive.
It was really sad and when she was re-united with her parents, sisters & brothers they were all crying and was crying as well. sad.gif
angel

You know Heather , I had forgotten about that case until now ,
although at that time ,I was dealing or trying to deal with my husbands death , and not that interested on what was going on in this sick world , but that young girl went through hell , However she seems to have
dealt with it and now getting on with her own life , but I don,t think that it would be a movie that I would care to see . smile.gif
angel

today I'm off to the swimming pool ,and going for a fish n chip lunch
but first things first and that means getting out the garbage to the sidewalk , Have a nice day folks biggrin.gif
angel

Two of my grand-daughters will be here shortly ,
they are going to a friends birthday celebration
to night , so they are staying over until tomorrow .
no stopping them now , as the older girl has
her driving licence . unsure.gif biggrin.gif
Isobel
Well holiday over back to the grind. St Lucia was lovely. Stretched out on my sun chair not having to think about what will we eat tonight.Great time was had by all. Now its back to the real world,Oh well, We have been lucky with the weather here so far. I spoke to my cousin in
Bishobriggs via skype yesterday.She was telling me how awful the weather has been. You are getting it much colder than us.I cant believe our weather , long may it last.Angel I hated when my girls got their driving licence I think that's when my hair started to go grey.
angel

Yes Isobel , It is a worrying time when the kids get their driving licence
but today there are a lot of restictions on young drivers , it is called
graduated licensing which I think works very well .
Nice to see that you had a good holiday and back safe and sound . biggrin.gif
Isobel
Don't you think its just another money grab?
angel

Yes Isobel , it is another tax grab , but I do think the program
very good , it does and has saved lots of young lives .
My son and granddaughter's have just left , they have gone to their friends' house for breakfast , so that saves me tongue.gif .
So now I'm off to do my Sunday morning thing ,then afterwards
spend a couple of hours at the mall ,
By the way , I turned gray when I was learning to drive laugh.gif I have never enjoyed driving , I only did it out of sheer necessity , " to get to work " and take the kids about .
Isobel
OMG Today is like a spring morning , sun shining all through the house.It's 3degree's right now and tomorrow its going to 5 degree's.If my mum was still living she would be saying its all this travel into space.
Angel I am not to keen on driving the 401 now, its so big and so busy. I think if you are not doing it every day you are inclined to lose your nerve.
wee mags
Isobel Iam laughing as my mom would say the same thing" biggrin.gif they have no right going to the moon,its gonnae make the weather change ,mark ma words " laugh.gif
annie laurie
Hello,
That must have been the in thing then, Gals, as i heard my Mum say that many a time as well, laugh.gif

Agree with you Angel also about the New Driving test laws makes the young people be a lot more careful,

looks like Canada is having Spring weather here in B>C> as well

Poor People in the U>K> are freezing must be SPUDNICK after all [is that what they used to call it] that name just came into my mind for a minute somehow,

Cheers
angel

Agree with you Angel also about the New Driving test laws makes the young people be a lot more careful,

Yes Annie I wish it had been so , when our older son was 17yrs of age ,
He and his friend , who was a new driver at that time and driving his fathers' car , " lost control " the car ended up wrapped around a hydro pole
and as they were not wearing seat belts' , my son went right through the
windshield and I guess because of the speed they were traveling , the force of the collision pulled my son back into the car and this is were he
sustained horrible facial and neck injuries , . "One terrible night in our lives " our silly , silly beautiful son . .. He did have medical work done on his neck , but he found these procedures to be very painful , so he quit and carries the evidence of that accident to this day, and as I type this I still weep for him .
Yes I do agree with any type of measure that the goverment can put into place that helps those young drivers to be more careful when driving .

angel
It was a beautiful day here Annie , Lots of sunshine , wind was calm
and temp was about 2'C great day for walking . biggrin.gif
Tricia281
Gorgeous spring like day in Winnipeg too! 6 degrees-never seen that in February before!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.