Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Heather
I spent the afternoon watching the 1st Disc of the 2nd series of Downton Abbey and knitting my sweater. Just the neck band to do then stitch it all together. smile.gif
angel

I've been watching that series on TV Heather,
it's the 2nd one , I'm enjoying it . smile.gif
Isobel
Heather did your hubby get home. How is he doing.? Well I hope.
angel
Morning Heather , hope all is well at your house ,
I have a busy old day ahead , I have an apointment
with the podiatrist then the Hairdresser also the optician
" and all done in one fell swoop smile.gif
Todays' weather is cloudy but not very cold so hopefully I'll get out
walking and just leave the car . cheers biggrin.gif

angel

an apointment .....appointment

that's another ooooooooooooops
Heather
I spent the afternoon knitting another sweater and as there was nothing decent on the TV I put on 'The Sound of Music', again. Then I put on the first part of ' Anne of Green Gable's ', again. I'll watch the rest of it during the week. smile.gif
Heather
I nearly knocked myself out this afternoon.

I was hanging up a washing on the pulley and the rope slipped through my hands, the pulley crashed down on my forehead then my mouth.

I have a big lump on my forehead but no broken teeth. I hope I don't get a swollen lip. sad.gif

I am due a 6 month check up at the Dentist, so I will have to get an appointment soon in case a tooth has been loosened.
proudmaryhiller
Heather, that's terrible are you okay now? that could have been really nasty. I remember the pulley in our wee room and kitchen and I used to be quite scared when my mum would pull it down, such a big heavy thing.
Isobel
Dear god Heather you could have knocked yourself out.
angel

cheers people , hope you guys had a good weekend .
I had a good day , my grandson came for supper tonight
and afterwards , we just sat and talked about how things are going for him at university and then , just shoot the breeze about Hockey , he is a Boston fan , and as you know Isobel I'm not .
hope you are Ok Heather. cheers biggrin.gif
annie laurie
Hello Heather,

Hope you are O>K> hope that you are taking it a bit easy, that could easily have knocked you out

Isobel<>>>>>> I finished my 1st Scarf, and I must say enjoyed knitting it, amazing isn't the way the pattern takes shape,

I think people who write knitting and crocheting patterns are genius"s

Heather did you manage to find the wool in Glasgow for the Sashay scarf's

Isobel I think i will knit a couple more come in handy for little gifts , I love knitting but hate sewing it all together that is the nice thing about scarf's no sewing needed, cheers biggrin.gif

Thanks again Isobel for the info,

Have you got your case packed yet????? lucky you have fun laugh.gif
irrie
Hope you are ok Heather. Its 4 15 am an ah canny sleep. When i finish reaing the gg boards i will make a cuppa then take an early stroll to the shop get rolls and a paper come home and hiv another cuppa. Cheers
Heather
Yes ladies, I did survive the bang on the forehead although it is still tender.
It's not the big kind of pulley our mother's had, but half the length of that and it's in the utility room, but my husband heard me yelling and and came to me rescue. laugh.gif

PMH, I tried to put the knitting patterns for the hats and scarf's into a PM but it did not work.
Maybe I should open a Knitting Pattern Thread, that way we could scan Patterns on to the Board then anyone who likes them can print them out.
What do you think??

Irrie, I'm a very bad sleeper as well and don't know what a decent nights sleep is. I've tried every sleeping pill on the market and don't even get a yawn out of them. sad.gif
annie laurie
Heather
That would be a great idea,
having a knitting pattern thread,

because if this snow keeps up i will be knitting up a storm myself also,

Good to hear you are feeling A.O>K>

How is your husband doing is he still using the walking stick,? i bet he is not going to far theses days with the rotten weather you are all having keeep warm, cheers laugh.gif
angel
I too knitted for my family and grandchildren but as time went on
I found that my grandchildren wanted non wool sweaters and as their parents were busy working , they did'nt have the time to spare taking care of woollen items , so then , I just made pants dresses and sleep wear for them , easier to care for , just shove them in the washing machine and dryer .Now thats all changed , just give them birthday or christmas monies
and they go off and do their own shopping .
A knitting Pattern thread sounds good , but then I enjoyed the
"Whats for dinner thread " , now that has gone up in the air "too bad" got some good ideas from that , actually not so sure about this one , sometimes it's like posting into thin air , something like my knitting , I guess
life moves on.
Heather
Your right Annie, he does not go far just round to the local shop for his newspapers.

He gets a taxi to anywhere else and back and won't go out in the dark in case he trips over anything.
glasgow lass
glad'yir ok Heather a have a wee pulley but it doesn'T move, a just put clothes on hangers then onto my pulley, its about 6ft high so easy to reach.Hope hubby gets his confidence up and get oot'n aboot more . smile.gif
Heather
Your kidding Lass, 6ft high easy to reach, I'm 5ft 2 1/2 inches. laugh.gif

Maybe I should just stand on a chair the next time I hang up a washing as that will save me lowering and pulling up the pulley. ohmy.gif
glasgow lass
Heather am wee maself at only 5ft 4,,,,,not like angel who is 5.9 tongue.gif ,o'no no climbin Heather a think we have had enuff accidents on here in the last few months. I love ma wee pulley, works great for me,but a do use my dryer most times and jist hang up the delicates tongue.gif laugh.gif
angel
Lass , I think in height I may have shrunk a tad unsure.gif however in
girth some expansion has occurred , actually a lot sad.gif so I figure I'll be
playing your Chubby Checker video often .
glasgow lass
angel there is no time like the present to get ourdelves back into the best health possible, so get cracking and get Chubby on.You can do it angel! smile.gif
proudmaryhiller
Thanks Heather, that's okay and glad you are allright.

Hi Lass, how you doing? good auld Chubby...let's twist again biggrin.gif

angel

I'll just get caught up with some chores today
and maybe help out Chubby Checker biggrin.gif
Heather
Don't over do it Angel. wink.gif

All those dead blown over flowers in the garden were getting on my nerve's, so I went out today and cut them all down and threw them in the bin.
My hands were frozen when I came in even though I was wearing gloves. sad.gif

PMH, you have me singing, Let's twist again like we did last summer.

Oh for those day when we twisted and jived to our hearts content. Then we grew up and became wives and parents. rolleyes.gif
Isobel
So glad to hear you finished your scarf Annie Laurie.Dead easy eh. Heather that's a great idea as long as the patterns are as easy as ma wee scarf.Go for it.
Not packed as yet but have ma stuff ready to go in the case. Like a few other here I am only 5 ft 4 in. but I am getting bigger round the middle. All the sweet stuff at Xmas didn't help. Good job I tried my caprie's on. My white ones don't fasten ,going to look at them today and see if I can let them out.Tried the stores yesterday but no light stuff in yet.Oh well I better get ma wee needle and thread out .
Heather
Isobel, I have not been able to get the pattern for the Sashay Scarf.

I have started knitting another Aran Sweater in pale blue.
The red one I knitted fits me nicely. I am wearing it right now and it is nice and warm.

When buying wool I go to the Wool Shop in the Gallowgate, Watt Brothers in Hope Street and another shop in Argyle Street, I can't remember the name of it but it is upstairs and also sells material for Dress Making.
angel
Tried the stores yesterday but no light stuff in yet.Oh well I better get ma wee needle and thread out .

Isobel , you will probably be able to buy nice Capri's
during your vacation , but take your needle n thread
just in case biggrin.gif lots of great food choices on those cruises . tongue.gif
Anne1
just thought I would have a wee nosey in here havent been in here in a while
Nice to see you are all knitting away girls I used to knit constantly when kids were young but gradually lost my interst in it but maybe give it a go again Our Heather knits constantly if I could knit like I would start again.
Anyway whit am I daein the day well im up again its 2am and I still cant get to sleep have had this for about 10days so AM SURE SLEEP WILL CATCH UP WITH ME[HOPEFULLY] :wub OOPS CAPS ON
Isobel
Well Heather and Angel sorry you are not having much luck finding the wool. Its difficult here also. When it does come in it goes so fast.
By the way Angel not going on a cruise this week that's not till November. Four of us are heading to St Lucia this week end.We usually take off this time of the year. It helps to make the winter more bearable. However this year we have still to see any snow in Georgetown.
Just home from my daughter's place I had to go over there this afternoon , she had just come in from the doctors and wanted to go to bed. I picked the two girls up, gave them dinner and got them both to bed. Their dad was working late tonight. I am happy to say goodnight all as I am really tired. huh.gif
Heather
Isobel, it's not the wool, it's the Pattern I don't have. I'm sure the Wool Shop in the Gallowgate would have the wool if I ever get the Pattern.

I was around at the wee Local shop a few minutes ago and the rain is chucking it down. Then I stopped for a chat with a neighbour, so I came home chilled to the bone. sad.gif
angel

By the way Angel not going on a cruise this week that's not till November. Four of us are heading to St Lucia this week end.We usually take off this time of the year. It helps to make the winter more bearable. However this year we have still to see any snow in Georgetown ,
--------------------------
Hi Isobel , sorry about the mixup but it's this aging business
it doesnt suit me at all , think I'll have to quit doing it , as it is becomming quite annoying . tongue.gif
angel

Heather , All my knitting pattern's I gave to the salvation army a couple of years ago , I hope some folks got use of them , and speaking of the Sallyann , it's time for me to clean out the closets , and get some spring cleaning done , get myself busy doing some painting around the house. smile.gif
I've just remembered it's garbage pickup today so I had better start fighting with those garbage bags . sad.gif

Isobel
Heather if you send me your address I will send it to you . I have one ball left .So I can take the wrapper off and send it to you.
annie laurie
Hi Heather

I was just going to PM you and tell you what Isobel just posted that,

the pattern is on the back of the wrapper of the wool

ISOBEL< I thought you were taking off on a cruise soon also,

anyway we are in a deep Freeze here in B>C {very unusual } wish i was taking off to St Lucia

But I am knitting up a storm, knitted 2 toque's last night [kids] i giive them to the Sallyann also Angel,

Anne1 i was like you had not knitted for years then I started again last winter I also teach the seniors at the care facility how to knit along with the Activity lady, who works at the CF and they sure are enoying it

just plain knitting Scraf's Isobel the other Sashay would be a bit hard for them plus we are just using odd bits of wool

We have a store here in Kelowna Isobel that sell nothing but bathing suits and summer clothing all Year long as so many people go South in the Winter-time

Hope your Daughter is feeling a bit better there is a bad bug going around,

One thing about the cold weather gives me more time to myself been home for the last 2 days
so enjoying catching up with you all Cheers OX
-191c here to-day [again] GRRRRRRRRR

angel

well ,its about 6pm here and I am now going out to shovell the snow
from the driveway , we've had a pretty good fall of snow to day ,
so I better get a move on. smile.gif
Isobel
The snow has arrived in Georgetown, not much but it does look nice. The plough has been round so at least its off the road.Thank god for that. I am going to get my hair cut this morning I like it short for when I am on holiday. In the afternoon going to the senior center ,they are having someone come in and talk about all the hand held devices.I PODS, PHONES,TABLETS ETC.I wanted to go as I am quite ignorant on all these things. Then tonight going to a jewelery party at my nieces house. Really didn't want to go to it, but you know what its like (family) must support them. So I better get myself moving will check in tomorrow. Have a good day all.
Heather
Isobel, I'm the same with all these new fangled things.
I only use my Ipod to listen to music and the Mobile Phone to phone a taxi when I am out. rolleyes.gif

The g'daughters were teaching me text but I forgot how. So next time they are round we are going to send each other text messages until I get the hang of it.

I remember a couple of years ago my husband wanted to watch a DVD but did not know how it worked, so the 7yrs old g'daughter put it on for him. laugh.gif

Enjoy your night and don't spend too much.
scotsden
Hello All

New member here,i lived on whitelaw street from 65 till 81,then Maryhill rd accross from the Whitehouse Bar.Now in N Wales but miss the Glasgow patter.

DENIS
stratson
Hello dear friends. Am just sat down after preparing all the veg for dinner. Waiting on g/daughter and Zak, they are on their way from his school, have not seen them for a few weeks.

That's them here, we are now having a "ZAK ATTACK", GOING MAD WITH HIS REMOTE CONTROL GOLF vOLKSWAGEN. laugh.gif

Sure it's great they eventually go home!!! biggrin.gif
angel
[quote name='scotsden' date='20th Jan 2012, 04:08pm' post='3566574']
Hello All

New member here,i lived on whitelaw street from 65 till 81,then Maryhill rd accross from the Whitehouse Bar.Now in N Wales but miss the Glasgow patter.

DENIS

Hello Denis , Welcome to the boards , I don't come from Maryhill
but there are many on the boards who do , so just jump in and hopefully you
will enjoy the patter. biggrin.gif
angel
QUOTE (stratson @ 20th Jan 2012, 04:24pm) *
Hello dear friends. Am just sat down after preparing all the veg for dinner. Waiting on g/daughter and Zak, they are on their way from his school, have not seen them for a few weeks.

That's them here, we are now having a "ZAK ATTACK", GOING MAD WITH HIS REMOTE CONTROL GOLF vOLKSWAGEN. laugh.gif

Sure it's great they eventually go home!!! biggrin.gif

Afternoon Stratson , hope you have a nice visit with your family
and also , that is such a nice photo of you with your cousins ,
I am not doing to much today but on second thought ,although it's cold, I think that I just might take a walk up to the shopping plaza . smile.gif Take care .
Heather
Welcome to the GG Boards Scotsden. smile.gif

I'm just relaxing before getting ready to go down to the Celebration Mass at
7-30pm for our PPs 50th Anniversary of his Ordination, then into the Hall for a buffet.
My two g'daughter's and one of their friends are going with me.

Our g'son was round today with his girl friend and he put the decorations up in the Loft as his g'dad couldn't manage the ladders. They were all boxed and lying in a spare room since Christmas.
I'm glad to see them finally put away.

Well I suppose I'd better go and wash my face. laugh.gif
Heather
I got some nice Mail this morning.
I opened the first and it was a returned Christmas Card I sent to the USA in early December.
No such address!!! I checked the address and it is correct and that has never happened before, so why now??

Next letter was from BT about setting up a new Direct Debit as I have just got a new Contract with BT.
Next letter was from BT same as the 1st.
Next letter was from BT same as the 1st and all have the same date on them. rolleyes.gif
I guess their automatic reply machine was having a bad day sending me the same letter three times. wub.gif
angel

It's been a lovely January day here , temp about 0'C
and calm .
I did'nt do much today , just some puttering around the place ,
promise to be more productive tomorrow . Maybe unsure.gif
Heather
Angel be as productive as you like, what ever suits you. wink.gif

Today we are sitting here frozen as our Central Heating has packed up and we have no hot water either.
British Gas said the soonest they can get an Engineer out is tomorrow.

I have thermal undies on including leggings, aran sweater, aran cardigan, trousers and two pairs of socks, I think I need a third pair. My hands are like ice, I think I'll freeze before tomorrow. sad.gif
I keep making pots of tea to warm me up.

It shows how handy it would be to keep an electric fire in the house for times like this.
angel

Hi heather , that's a shame about the heating , sometimes it's warmer to go out for a walk than stay indoors , would it help if you light the stove
for a little while , might take away the damp air in the house . cheers . smile.gif
Heather
Angel I have the oven on just now roasting potatoes. Obviously the door is closed, but will leave it open when the the potatoes are done.

I now have three pairs of wooly socks on. sad.gif
angel
Hi Linda , I see you on the boards, so just to say , I do hope that you are now well and on the road to a full recovery biggrin.gif
angel

Hi Heather , it's about 11/15pm here , Mon. I had forty winks after supper tonight , so the chances are that 's me awake for half the night ,
anyway I hope you guys managed to survive your heating , or should I say , lack of it today and it was'nt to much of an ordeal , and all goes well for you tomorrow .
I am hoping to get back into my usual daily / weekly rut and have a
day maybe doing some shopping / browsing and getting back to the swimming pool , they have lane swims for an hour or two most mornings
but since just before christmas I did'nt get back to it , so now I am looking forward to that . Have a good day . biggrin.gif

lindamac
QUOTE (angel @ 24th Jan 2012, 02:18pm) *
Hi Linda , I see you on the boards, so just to say , I do hope that you are now well and on the road to a full recovery

Click to view attachmentWhat a lovely surprise dear Angel yer a darlin good tae hear frae ye hen hoping yer well yer good self ahm no to brilliant attawe but still under investigations and treatments for Heart disease and hgh blood pressure Iam very tired all the time hence why iam barely ever on or have the time to spend online lol anyhoo thanks for the hello hello yerself Angel have a great and very Happy new year my GG friend stay warm and well Love always Lindamac also a warm hello to everyone else online at GG today always good to pop in and see how youre all doing be Good yall ! lol wub.gif biggrin.gif thats me offsky to yet another appointment pal xxxxxxxxxxxx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.