Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
bilbo.s
Still knocking 30C here and no rain. Had a quiet day- did two washings. Going out for our usual friday night session. Looking forward to Tuesday, when we are going to Nerja (again !) to see some old friends from England, who are coming over for their 50th anniversary.

We are wondering what to do at Christmas - need inspiration.
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 16th Sep 2011, 07:04pm) *
It's been such a beautiful Fall day here , Temp did'nt go above 14'cel.
lovely blue sky's with the odd little cloud " Perfect ".
I went for a drive to my favorite little town "Niagara On The Lake"
just walking around and had lunch .

http://youtu.be/o8sTMbYAqSY
NOTL..... biggrin.gif
angel

We are wondering what to do at Christmas - need inspiration.

Bill , you could just stay home and book a table in a really nice restaurant
for christmas day dinner for you and your wife , also ,maybe a couple of friends , that always helps with the conversation. smile.gif
angel

The town of Port Dover where I take little mini. vacations during the summer I was there again about 4 weeks ago . It's maybe about a 2hr drive for me .

http://youtu.be/b58zd_z4xp4
Anne1
Enjoyed that wee clip Angel ,Port Dover looks really nice biggrin.gif
angel

thanks Anne , it is a nice wee place , with lots of small stores where
you can browse , I do like being there midweek because the parking is a bit easier , and not to jampacked with people Although I do not like to be isolated , I enjoy watching everyone having a nice time and in the water
swimming , I don't do that anymore , only swimming pools fo me now ,
but I always have a paddle . cool.gif cool.gif

Anne1
Had a nice quiet morning ,this afternoon I scanned some photos for eldest Daughter, having a peaceful evening in front of TV biggrin.gif
Heather
I had a ripping time today, or should I say a shredding time.
I started with Bank Statements going back to 1998 and shredded up to 2008. Then I went through drawers shredding old mail and cards.

This all started because I can't find my plug to download photo's from my camera to the PC.

I also cleared out the unit where I keep my china and still no plug. sad.gif
Anne1
Went over to Bonnybridge to visit with my daughter who is off work this week after car crash last week, took her a small pot of yesterdays chicken broth which she loves
Going to Bingo tonight to try my lu ck biggrin.gif
Heather
Good luck to you Mrs, good luck to you. smile.gif

Jings Annewan, we were to go to an Engagement party in the Bonnybridge Golf Club last Saturday, but we could not get transport there and back.
So how do you get there from Bonnnybridge to Glasgow at a decent hour.

The only train I found was at midnight from Falkirk, arriving in Queen Street at 12-30am. wub.gif
angel

Heather, it's has turned out to be a nice day here , so as
I have a few errands to deal with I will leave the car in the garage and use Shanks's Pony First stop will be the library ,I should be returning this book but I need an extension to the due date , I hav'nt finished reading it ,and it is a really good story about an Irish Australian family trying to make a decent living in the early fifties , it's called the " Four Fires ' and can at times be very funny . Then I go to renew my car insurance also get a few odds and ends and there is nice ladies shop on my way , so
I will definately check that out . biggrin.gif
angel

My goodness Anne , about your daughter , I'm glad she is OK
and I'm sure your chicken soup will work wonders for her . biggrin.gif
Heather
Angel, happy shopping.
I was at the Library this morning as usual for a Tuesday.

It was dry here but with a cold wind but I went out and cut back some of my minature rose bushes. They had a bad winter last year and I think I may have to replace them as there were too many dead branches.

That's the rain on now. rolleyes.gif
Anne1
Heather best way to and from Bonnybridge is the 37 bus to Falkirk from Buchanan St Bus Station which travels all thru Bonnybridge, wish you had said before hand. biggrin.gif
Anne1
Hi Angel my daughter is ok shes got sore neck shoulders but she seems to have lost her confidence to Drive , a car pulled from layby and rammed straight into her, thank god she was ok, thanks for sking biggrin.gif
Heather
That would be a right fright your daughter got Anne. They say the best thing is to get into the car as soon as possible or the confidence really goes.

I loved driving, but don't think I could do it now as it's been too long since we had a car and the roads are more busy.

Heather
I was going into town today but the rain put me off. After it stopped I reconsidered and started to get ready, the next thing the rain is coming down so hard it's battering off the windows.

So I just cleaned my couch and one armchair, but I will do the other one later on after I finish my pizza and glass of wine. Oh and of course a wee cup of tea. smile.gif
Anne1
Oh dont forget the cup of tea Heather laugh.gif
Anne1
Had another lazy day[beginning to get used to them] and tonight I watched the Billy Connelly documentary Called Route 66, where he was touring thru Missouri then on to Springfield then on to Kansas then into[ Lennox country] Oklahoma where he went thru the Memorial Garden for all the people who had died in the bombing, made it more interesting cos Lennox had sent me photos of same beforehand, really enjoyed the trip smile.gif smile.gif
angel

today , my grandson is taking me out for lunch .
This has been his second week at university
so I guess he has a lot to say , I'm looking
forward to our conversation . biggrin.gif
stratson
Hoping to get to Health Centre!

smile.gif
angel

It's quite a nice day here , but as I'm feeling rather Lazy
I intend doing nothing , so why am I feeling guilty. unsure.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (angel @ 24th Sep 2011, 05:01pm) *
It's quite a nice day here , but as I'm feeling rather Lazy
I intend doing nothing , so why am I feeling guilty. unsure.gif

Let´s see now - that means you are either Catholic, Presbyterian or Jewish. laugh.gif
angel

and here's me blaming my dear mother all these years. biggrin.gif
or is that the same thing unsure.gif
angel
As it is such a beautiful Fall day I am off to take advantage of it'
the temp. is about 24/25'C. , Humifex is 31'C . Might be showers through the week . cool.gif
Heather
I did intend to go into town today but the rain put me off, so I just did all the ironing. Yep, not a thing left to iron.

Tonight I am off to the UCM. We are having a Speaker but I don't know what the talk is about, hopefully something interesting.

Yes Angel same thing, we turn into our mother's as we get older, something I have noticed a lot about myself recently. rolleyes.gif

We had a laugh yesterday. I spent a lot of time in the garden cutting both back & front lawns, doing the edging then hoeing up.
I came in a sat down for a rest and a cup of tea putting on a CD to listen to then in walked our g'son with his new girlfriend to introduce to us.
He sat down and started laughing telling us she is a Ranger supporter, meanwhile the CD is blasting out,' The Fields of Athenry '. laugh.gif
angel

Hi heather , I got the grass cut yesterday , this summer I decided to have have a guy do that job for me and this afternoon I am cleaning out the planters , don't think I will plant flowers in them next year , I will use the large pots to plant tomatoes ....

----------------------------------------------------

Yes Angel same thing, we turn into our mother's as we get older, something I have noticed a lot about myself recently......

thats not what I meant Heather , Sorry !
I was replying to bilbo.s post #6273 ' about my guilt trips , meaning that church and mothers might be much the same in many ways .
laugh.gif laugh.gif

witshisname
Just enjoying the lovely extra sunshine we are having over here,will be heading out for a wee walk around the block soon smile.gif
angel

well I thought , I would be going swimming again today but my plans for that are put on hold until next week , they are in the midst of changing the schedule from summer to winter , I had forgotten about that sad.gif
and as I am doing thanksgiving dinner once more. smile.gif I'll go check out the prices on the turkeys , !
Heather
I was laughing at the taxi driver this morning on my way home from doing the shopping.
I remarked about the weather not knowing whether to rain or not as I felt a drip of rain on my way to the shops.
He was quite peeved and said, " I was told we were going to have a heatwave and an indian summer that is why I have my shorts on, so I guess that was that our heatwave yesterday ". sad.gif laugh.gif
angel

It is'nt a very nice day here Heather , rain and quite cool,
so I'm just staying home puttering around the place , such an exciting life . no one to get annoyed with today except myself.
and I have just realized this is garbage day , so I better get those bins
out to the sidewalk . biggrin.gif cheers
Heather
Angel, after I put that Post in I decided to risk it and went into town as I was bored.

The town was very busy with a lot of young people that I took to be Students and I was right. On my way home I passed by George Square which was all fenced off as there was a Students Fair on.

I was looking for a new pair of flat shoes but the only one's I could see I did not like.

I did see a pair of wellingtons and thought I should buy a pair to be ready for the Winter, then I noticed the price 125. wub.gif No I did not buy them.

I did take in my other Laptop in to be repaired, but it depends on how much it will cost as this is it's fourth repair, that is why I bought this new one a few weeks ago.
If I do get it repaired, then the next time it breaks down it goes in the bin.

It stayed dry and was nice in town the only thing is, I lost a good pair of leather glove's and don't have a clue where I left them. So whoever found them will have a good matching pair that I only got last Christmas. I may have left them on the train. rolleyes.gif
angel

thats a shame about you gloves Heather , so remember to sew the next new pair to your coats sleeves... ..
Thats what I doooooooooo , laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
Aye Angel the way we did with our toddlers.
Sew a length of strong wool to the end of each glove then thread it through the sleeve's so when we take the glove's off they dangle from the sleeve's but don't get lost. laugh.gif

I have another pair I also got last Christmas, so I had better be more careful with them as I always have cold hands and that is why I use glove's in the summer.
angel

No special plans today for me Heather , actually the weather is rather miserable ,but I will probably go out this afternoon and tonight I will watch the rugby game . Canada plays the all blacks , I'm not expecting Canada to win .but it might be a good game unsure.gif
Heather
Well Angel I have been busy.

I have washed down more of our paintwork today. I'm working my way around the house but doing no more today.

I've just taken down the venetian blinds on the wee windae in the utility room and thrown them in a bath of hot soapy water. They are the only one's wee enough to fit in the bath as the other one and the kitchen one's are too big.
I'll rinse them out later on in the day and put them back up.
I'm thinking of getting roller blinds for the utility room and the kitchen.

I've also hung a washing up to dry on the pulley.

Meanwhile it is raining here. So what's new. rolleyes.gif
stratson
Guess due to inclement weather will be restricted to interior things today.
Will run the duster over the furniture, then think about dinner! rolleyes.gif

Heather , I used to wash the small venetian blinds in the bath., made it easy. The bedrooms and lounge a totally different approach.

Got the louvre type for this small ione bedroom house 26 years ago. Have always washed them in the bath. When I hopefully soon move to larger g/floor house , plan getting all roller blinds.
Will have all work done before I move into it. Will be like a blank canvas to start all over again,.

Looking forward to seeing the second part of Strictly Come Dancing tonight.

angel

Stratson , do you know if your new house will be in the same area
where you now live . biggrin.gif
Anne1
My kids asked, "Wotcha doing today?" I said, "Nothing." they said, "You did that yesterday." I told them, "I WASN'T FINISHED!"
angel

biggrin.gif Anne , the story of my life , sad.gif
Anne1
its no a bad wee life eh Angel biggrin.gif
angel

Anne , can I just think about that for a wee while , unsure.gif smile.gif
angel

Canada plays the all blacks , I'm not expecting Canada to win .but it might be a good game ..... world cup hockey
---------------------------------------------------

I watched this game tonight Sat. and Canada got crushed , no match
against the All Blacks. .---- N.Z. 12 tries , conversions not sure , maybe 8 --Canada 2 tries
Score was 79 N.Z. ------ 15 Canada . I thought that canada would have done better sad.gif
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 2nd Oct 2011, 05:51am) *
Canada plays the all blacks , I'm not expecting Canada to win .but it might be a good game ..... world cup rugby

against the All Blacks. .---- N.Z. 12 tries , conversions not sure , maybe 8 --Canada 2 tries
Score was 79 N.Z. ------ 15 Canada . I thought that canada would have done better sad.gif

angel
QUOTE (angel @ 2nd Oct 2011, 05:51am) *
Canada plays the all blacks , I'm not expecting Canada to win .but it might be a good game ..... world cup rugby

Gemini
well today I have to go the doctor to get this bleeding balloon out of my nose, Sunday I got hit with such a nose bleed and it wouldn't stop so went to the ER and they packed it, I didn't want it packed as I had a birthday party to go to but however they did and now today they take it out thank goodness as I am dying to blow my nose, so that's my big adventure for the day
Heather
I was out this morning and did my shopping so now I'm stayin indoors. It's bad enough with the rain, but the wind would blow your head off. sad.gif

When you get the packing out Ria, have a good nose blow. laugh.gif
angel

That's Heather for you Gemini , she is all heart biggrin.gif

My son nd his family are leaving for Calgary tomorrow
to hopefully begin a new life , although he will be back to deal with the sale of their house ... .I am feeling really down at this time , because
I won't be seeing my youngest grandson probably for sometime .
I will miss his phone calls , making sure I am home before he
comes over on his bike he has been part of my life for nearly
11yrs , " thats life " I guess . sad.gif
Heather
Awe that's sad Angel.

Why are they moving??
Elma
Angel, you are welcome any time, I am only 4 hours from Calgary and my grandson lives there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.