Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
angel

hope you had a nice time Anne . biggrin.gif

Anne how long does it take you to drive to Ullapool ,
do you and Nev. share the driving. smile.gif
angel

I Bill , I enjoyed your video , biggrin.gif
such happy music .
Anne1
Takes about 3.5hrs from door to door Angel only share driving on long journeys[like to England] biggrin.gif Love going there to see Fraser such a lovely little boy, when he comes in ,in the morning he runs in shouting wakey wakey up you get, and promptly jumps on top of you biggrin.gif
angel

Anne , that wonderful ," wee darlin ", could'nt you just kill him . laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
yes certainly could Angel as it is always me he lands on first, he is a wee burst of sunshine in our lives biggrin.gif
Anne1
Not doing much today after hectic time with company yesterday, so will go down to wee complex for afternoon coffee with my wee neighbour, then tonight we are having an Avon Party in complex, so thats ma day folks biggrin.gif
bilbo.s
Chilling out, but not with great success in this heat. August is not my favourite month but I shouldn´t complain. Public holiday today and so shopping postponed until tomorrow.
Anne1
Bill wish you would stop making me jealous with your weather.

Got soaked thru going to town centre should have stayed at home but you know what they say nae show without Punch, staying home tomorrrow probably be sunny eh biggrin.gif
Heather
I'm watching the news and laughing at the antics of the young one's in George Square where Brad Pitt is making a new film.

The Reporter said there are a thousand people all around the Square hoping to see the Brad Pitt and the young one's are jumping around the Reporter so they will be seen on TV. laugh.gif
Heather
I'm going to a friends birthday party tonight.

It should be a good night as it's women only ( a hen night ) aye we are not letting the men in, they can go to the pub. ohmy.gif
angel

It's a beautiful morning here ,and I have a busy day ahead of me ,
.My son is comming over to help me with a few odd jobs that are needing done around the house , and I am going outside to paint the garage,
so hopefully all being well , it should be a productive day .

Hi Ho , it's off too work I go biggrin.gif
Heather
Music while you work Angel, go to it. smile.gif

Our back fence and shed are badly needing painted. One of these days I'll go to B & Q and get the paint then I'll put the CD player at the back door and have music while I work. laugh.gif

Himself painted the front fence a few weeks ago and it took him nearly a week to do it because of the rain. He was glad to get it finished.
angel

http://youtu.be/uNE3YSr_o2A

Take it easy , Stratson wub.gif
Anne1
Stratson just got your email with Zaks pictures hes got so big and still gorgeous, Charlene is looking good as well.
Just back from hospital where I was seeing Speciallist about high Calcium so more blood tests taken and back to the waiting game biggrin.gif
angel

good morning Anne , it's about 4.55am here , it's been a wild night ,
no sleep because of the storms , I will probably collapse about 8am sad.gif

hope you get good results from your visit to the clinic . biggrin.gif
Heather
Angel, put ear plugs in and get yourself some sleep.

I was in Morrisons this morning doing my shopping. When I was waiting at the Check Out an elderly man while packing his shopping was having a laugh with the Check Out woman.
After he paid for his shopping the Check Out woman said the usual, " see you later ", " what time" said the old man. The rest of us in the queue burst out laughing. laugh.gif

I'm still laughing at his quick witty reply.
angel

But did she give him a time Heather . biggrin.gif

I enjoy wit , it's clever and humorous !
Heather
No Angel she was too busy laughing. laugh.gif

I was chilled to the bone this morning when I was out. It's a very cold wind, the kind that blows the cold right through you leaving you chilled to the bone. I'm staying in the rest of the day, so my plans to do some gardening are cancelled. sad.gif
glasgow lass
wouldn't mind a day like that Heather, I remember them so well,,,am jelis. smile.gif
Heather
Your welcome to them Lass. I feel the cold easy, so I now have the heating on to warm me up. sad.gif
angel

I'm just taking a little break , I have emptied out my kitchen cupboards
and when I finish this cuppa , I'll get back to the kitchen . smile.gif
angel

For me A very frustrating day
no matter what I tried nothing worked out , just
could'nt be completed for one reason or another
so I've let it all go and try another time . sad.gif
Heather
Angel, I did the top cupboards in the kitchen last week. I'll do the rest when the mood takes me. rolleyes.gif

Today I cut the grass in the front lawn. smile.gif
Heather
Today I was making a Blancmange for after dinner. I poured in into the jellymould, then the next thing the mixture is runnning all over the worktop and dripping down onto the floor.
Our jellymould has four different patterns for the bottom, A star, heart, tulip and a Christmas tree. I clipped on the star and obviously did not clip it on right. So I now have half the Blancmange I started out with and it's not even set yet. rolleyes.gif
Heather
I've been very kind hearted today.

I booked three tickets in the Kings Theatre for ' The Johnny Thomson Story ' for my husband, son & g'son. smile.gif
Heather
This afternoon I'm off to a Tea Dance in our Parish Hall. It's run once a month by the Mary's Meals people to raise money for their overseas projects.

A cup of tea, a blether and a dance. As Dorothy Paul would say, " what more could anyone want ". laugh.gif
angel

Hi Heather , hope you had a nice afternoon ,
as for myself , I''ll just dance on up the road and do some shopping.
and have a visit with my sister biggrin.gif
Heather
Hi Angel I had a good time at the Tea Dance. But my poor wee legs are sore from all the Line Dancing and doing the Slosh and if you didn't know the dance just keep moving anyway.
I don't know much about Line Dancing, but we amateurs had a good laugh at ourselves trying to keep up with the one's who knew what they were doing. laugh.gif

It was a young guy playing the guitar and ofcourse there was plenty of Country Western music, so that kept our legs moving.

We also had a nice cup of tea with plenty home baking.

Did you enjoy your dance up the road?? You should have held out a bunnet, you might have got some cash in it for entertaining the other shoppers. laugh.gif
angel

Today was such a beautiful day Heather .
I went out walking along the parkway
by the Niagara river it was just beautiful
I just love watching those
rapids .
and for my supper tonight I made a stirfry
with chicken and shrimp , I had a very pleasant day biggrin.gif ,
hope you too had a great day .
Heather
I've been to Niagra a couple of times when visiting my sister in New Jersey. We stayed in a Motel on our way to visit my cousin in Toronto.
So I have an idea of the nice view you see.

Raining all day here Angel.

I was up very early and had my housework done in good time. I just closed my eye's to the ironing.

I did hope to get into the garden as it's full of marigolds and I was going to pull some out. They re-seed themselves and I have to get rid of some of them every year as they drown out everything else. So because of the rain, I just spent the rest of the day being lazy and pleasing myself. smile.gif
Anne1
Having a quiet weekend our two selves, kids gone to ullapool and Nairn having a wee look at TV and reading, went to my wee neighbours for coffee and a chat, enjoying the peace and quiet biggrin.gif
angel

Yesterday as It was such a nice day I did go outside to do some work in the yard , and as I was trimming back some bushes I cut the electrical cord on the trimmer , sad.gif well that messed up my day .!
Heather
laugh.gif
Sorry Angel but I can't help laughing as Maurice did that the first time he used our electric hedge trimmer. Brand new and we had to get it repaired.

Then last year we loaned one of our neighbours our lawn mower as his was broken and he cut right through the cable. Maurice was able to fix that one, but that was one very embarrassed neighbour. wub.gif
angel

Sorry Angel but I can't help laughing as Maurice did that the first time he used our electric hedge trimmer. Brand new and we had to get it repaired.

Heather as I had never cut the electrical cord before now ,I can tell you that I tried everything I knew to find out what was causing the problem , ie . short of calling the hydro department. biggrin.gif
My son say's he will come around to see if he can fix it ,but I'm not sure when he will manage to do so, and I won't wait , so I guess I'll be out shopping tomorrow . smile.gif
angel

Hi Anne , did you get my wee message smile.gif
Anne1
yes sent instructions doll
Heather
I would hold off if I were you Angel. When your son fixes your trimmer then you'll be annoyed at spending money on a new one. rolleyes.gif
angel
Click to view attachment
angel

Don't laugh !
wrong photo .
angel
Click to view attachment
angel

thats better ! a lovely cool shaded garden down in New Hampshire cool.gif
angel

Anne you are so clever . biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Anne1
Lovely pictures Angel so glad I could help wub.gif wub.gif
angel
good morning Anne , thank you for your help .
I particulary enjoyed that garden as I had gone on a walk-about
that day seeing all the beautiful old houses ,I was wiped out by the heat
and that garden was a place of refuge , it must have been easily 20 deg. cooler in that shade and with the breeze comming from the river ,it was perfect for awhile , until I had to walk back into town . biggrin.gif
Heather
Lovely picture's Angel but will you please stop bragging about the heat, we are getting blown away here. sad.gif
If the trees across the avenue blow down, they might just miss our fence. But if the tree's at the back of the house blow down, they will come through our kitchen and utility room windows. wub.gif

I was down at the Holy Hour last night and knew there was no use taking a brolly with me or I would be flying about like Mary Poppins, so I put on a hat and tied a rainmate over it.
What a sight I must have looked, but at least my hair and hat were dry. laugh.gif
angel

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Friday September 9, 2011 - Hurricane Katia is forecast to impact the U.K. and parts of Europe early next week according to the forecast from the National Hurricane Centre (NHC).

Katia is moving steadily to the northeast at 29 miles per hour and is expected to pick up speed as it crosses the north Atlantic during the next couple of days the NHC said.

Ireland and Scotland are expected to begin experiencing gale force winds and heavy rains late Sunday evening or early Monday morning.

Hurricane Katia will likely decrease in strength to a low pressure system before making landfall in the UK. The last time the UK experience hurricane force winds was in the Great Storm of 1987 where gusts of 120 miles per hour were recorded and 18 people lost their lives.\

this is what you guys are getting , Heather .

Heather
Ok Angel, if we get washed out expect a few visitors. laugh.gif
Heather
I'm staying at home today after nearly getting blown away this morning. sad.gif

If it's still blowing a gale tonight, I'm giving the UCM a miss. unsure.gif
mlconnelly
I was out and about early yesterday and today picking up my friends grandsons for school as they have quite a walk with no option of getting a bus. Dont mind the wind or the rain but both together is a nightmare. Mary
angel
It's been such a beautiful Fall day here , Temp did'nt go above 14'cel.
lovely blue sky's with the odd little cloud " Perfect ".
I went for a drive to my favorite little town "Niagara On The Lake"
just walking around and had lunch .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.