Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
glasgow lass
sounds good to me angel a would love to see them as a have a thing for shoes biggrin.gif
Elma
Isn't that the truth Lass. Last weekend I went back to return a sweater I had bought and came home with three pairs of shoes. tongue.gif
Elma
Funny how things happen....

I went to get my hair cut today and mentioned that I should get a perm sometime, next thing I knew I was back home with curly hair. Guess I'm too easy to get talked into things..... laugh.gif unsure.gif
glasgow lass
Last time a had a perm Elma a looked like a had stuck ma finger in a socket rolleyes.gif
angel

I was speaking this morning to my neighbour's sister and she was telling me that she was finding the humidity here so uncomforable and she all the way from Florida thinking that she would get some respite from the heat unsure.gif
I hav'nt had a perm in years , figure I was better without one , smile.gif
Elma
I hadn't had a perm for years either but boy, do I have one now. Just call me curly top!! laugh.gif My friend told me this morning that it made me look younger, it made my day. tongue.gif unsure.gif
angel
QUOTE (Elma @ 20th Jul 2011, 10:58pm) *
I hadn't had a perm for years either but boy, do I have one now. Just call me curly top!! laugh.gif My friend told me this morning that it made me look younger, it made my day. tongue.gif unsure.gif

O well ! Elma , maybe I'll just get one , LOL
angel

once more this morning , I boiled a large pot of potatoes
that will do for , potato egg salads , potato scones and fish cakes.
I also cooked pasta ,which will be for a variety of salads, so that's me ahead of the game , the heat is just too / to oppressive for cooking ,
still don't know what to have for supper unsure.gif

angel

well it's a bit after 9pm here , so I will have to go and water the plants ,
still no rain , does'nt look like there will be anytime soon . sad.gif
angel

well , we did get some rain this morning , but not enough as yet that would make a difference .

I have noticed that the time of posting on the boards is about an hour slower since the maintenance was carried out the other day.
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 24th Jul 2011, 11:24am) *
well , we did get some rain this morning , but not enough as yet that would make a difference .

I have noticed that the time of posting on the boards is about an hour slower since the maintenance was carried out the other day.

No , it's 2hrs slower I
stratson
Let's see==Is 13.52 right now.

Lovely warm sunny day, having a rest day apart from doing veg,

Like you Angel, am ahead of the game, my Beef Bourbignon just needs to be heated. biggrin.gif

angel

Stratson do you spike the beef Bourbignon with some wine,
I might just try that meal in the slow cooker. smile.gif .......

also Stratson it's the time difference to which I refer between Ontario and Scotland ,the board's time is about 2 hrs now , instead of five. unsure.gif
angel
I spent most of my morning , outside in the yard, puttering around
the house and clearing away whatever I could find .
Altough the temp. is a wee bit lower today , it was still very warm
so I came in to cool off .
cheers biggrin.gif
Isobel
Angel can you tell me how you make potato scones and fish cakes please.
angel
Angel can you tell me how you make potato scones and fish cakes please.

Isobel, I do have to go because My sister has just came in the door.
but I will pm you later , cheers
annie laurie
Angel could you please send me the recipes also would appreciate it, cheers biggrin.gif
angel
QUOTE (annie laurie @ 28th Jul 2011, 12:42am) *
Angel could you please send me the recipes also would appreciate it, cheers biggrin.gif

I did Annie , cheers smile.gif
angel

My grandson is taking me to lunch today
it's his day off from work ,his girlfriend is working ,
so he asked me . unsure.gif biggrin.gif
Heather
I was in the Town today to collect our travel tickets and euro's and when walking down Queen Street I saw a man staggering out a pub three sheets to the wind and that was just after 12 noon.
I wondered how early the pub opened that anyone could get so drunk at that time of the day. wub.gif
angel

Heather ,he probably started off drunk in the first place. sad.gif
Heather
Angel, you may be right, he probably never sobered up from the night before. rolleyes.gif

Imagine that staggering in to you at that time of the day. mad.gif
angel

Angel, you may be right, he probably never sobered up from the night before.

Imagine that staggering in to you at that time of the day.

Heather , he would be staggering out again faster than he ever came through the door , not matter what time of day . biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Heather
Angel I will never understand how anyone who gets so drunk can say they had a good time. wub.gif

Ach well, I'm almost packed to go off and have a good time without getting drunk.

Just think about me running around the Waterpark and Jungle Safari with the two g'daughters. I'll need a rest when I come home.
We were at the same Hotel last year and a few years before, so the g'daughters have their good times all planned out.
They just came home from Calpe with their parents a few days ago. Time enough for their mum to unpack and repack for them . laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Have a great time away Heather biggrin.gif
Anne1
Back in the old routine Nurse, Doctor, Podiatrist all all in one Morning then at lunch time goin g across to my 2nd eldest daughter as she is celebrating her 49th birthday
Hopefully will make it to Forge market and if not will go Friday morning biggrin.gif
Anne1
Just heard some sad news my 3 G/daughters friend went missing at New Year they found his body today up on one of the big estates in Ullapool in his early 20s, so sad a young life wasted before he had time to enjoy no drugs or booze involved R.I.P BJ
Heather
Anne that's very sad, but better for his family that his body has been found.

RIP BJ.
Anne1
Not long till you go now Heather have a ball you and the girls will have a brilliant time smile.gif
Heather
Thank you Anne & Lass. I'm all packed and looking forward to it. smile.gif

I keep thinking the usual, " what have I forgotten ". Well no matter, I'll manage without it as long as I have my Passport, money and a change of knickers. laugh.gif
Anne1
Heather Be like lass and go commando biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Exactly ,,,,, and am serious! lol. O' but dont forget who pit me up tae it noo the queen of the commandos laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif
Anne1
Wisnae me Lass wub.gif wub.gif honest
angel

glad to see that all is back to normal for you Anne.
but sorry to hear the sad news.
hope you have a good vacation Heather,
and how are you Lass . biggrin.gif cool.gif biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Hi angel Im not doing so bad, just off the ph wae ma sister so had a good wee laff as usual ,Im wurking hard theses days angel and its true that keeping busy is one of the best ways to keep oor minds on other things, and to help me throught some rough times. Im also trying to plan a nice vacation and looks like I might be back in Italy this Autum ,,,, jist cant stay away!,,, angel you must have a twin, a keep seeing this lady who looks just like you, very prety, cheers for now . smile.gif wub.gif
angel
hi lass, now don't you be working too much , it is a good thing to grieve
but not forever !
hope your plans to vacation in Italy work out , who knows
you could spend a couple of days also in Scotland ," just a wee thought for you " smile.gif
I am planning a couple of little get away's myself but here in Ontario ,
so hopefully they will work out.... ..I don't have a twin , biggrin.gif
Heather
Thank you Angel and have a good time when you go away.

Lass it takes a long time to get over losing a parent but good memories never go away.
Take care.

Your making me jealous talking about going to Italy as you know I love going there especially Rome and Venice.
I nearly booked up for Lake Garda as we went to Malcesine one year and enjoyed it but the Hotels don't cater for children as well as Spain does. I also prefer buffet meals and Italian Hotels are mostly waiter service and that's no use with fussy eating children.

The Hotel we were in in Lido De Jesolo 2/3 years ago did do buffet meals and they were very good especially the good selection for breakfast and they made pancakes that were lovely right off the griddle.
You could take your breakfast out to the terrace and sit there with a view right over the sea. smile.gif

angel

I just received, in my email , photos of the War Cemetary in El Alamein ,
a friend of mine sent them to me .
I have an uncle who was killed during the war there and although
most of what I know of him , has been told by family members,
the photos have filled me with a touch of nostalgia . smile.gif
Heather
Angel, that would be very nostalgic. Is your Uncle's grave shown in it??

Here you Annewan, I nearly forgot my camera. Instead of telling me to go commando you should have checked I had my camera.
What were you thinking about, I know, your next Bingo win. laugh.gif

witshisname
Usual friday for me..grocery shopping & a trip to the cinema smile.gif
angel

Mega City Key Holder

Member No.: 664
Angel, that would be very nostalgic. Is your Uncle's grave shown in it??

No Heather it is'nt but we do have all that information about the grave.
He was in the 51st Highland division , 8th Army [ Desert Rats ]
his brother was also a { Desert Rat } but survived and then went on to
fight in Sicily, it was he who would tell about their experiences after the war . smile.gif

Anne1
I love looking at pictures on TV of War Cemeteries always think of the lovely young people who gave up their lives for us .
Anne1
Thats us of to Ullapool in the morning till Tursday looking forward to it, forgot to tell you we are going to be G/G/parents again in February as Frasers mum is having another baby lucky us biggrin.gif
Isobel
Enjoy Heather.Bythe way tottie scones great.Thanks
angel

Thats us of to Ullapool in the morning till Tursday looking forward to it, forgot to tell you we are going to be G/G/parents again in February as Frasers mum is having another baby lucky us

.Have a safe journey . biggrin.gif

joycewilson
Just having a coffee then heading along to collect my family photo which we got done with my wee Mum and her six siblings while my sister was here from Oz...first ever photo of us all together x
Then having my brother and son here for their dinner and some drinks.....
stratson
Sounds like a pleasant day for you Joyce. That's what it's all about. Enjoying life. biggrin.gif

My day has not gone according to plan, a little health issue has cancelled out my plan to go to my Aquarobics. Och well, tomorrow is another day. sad.gif

angel

Hi Stratson ,hope that you are feeling much better by now and that
you can get to your swimming again , and you can send us a photo of you in you're new swimsuit , biggrin.gif
.Hi Joyce hope that your little family dinner went well,
.I am taking the cat to be groomed today, so she can be all beautiful
as we are going on a little vacation by the lake for a week and will do the same again come September , Life is good sometimes , Eh. ..Cheers
bilbo.s
http://youtu.be/ysdcsPl782E
Anne1
Hope you have alovely time away Angel, we just got back this afternoon so unpacking can wait till tomorrow biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.