Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
angel
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 5th Jul 2011, 11:29am) *
Have just unpacked two weekend bags filled washing machine, now trying to get back in routine buts its awfy hard. Hope you all had a n ice weekend.
We were down in Newcastle area and attended Gateshead Stadium where all English Schools were competing,My G/daughter Michelle was competing in High JUmp she kept her personal best clearing at 1.57 she is now 9th in Great Britain, she is also 6th in Great Britain for Pentathalon, and her Team were 2nd in Relay race Michelle was representing Hampshire. Click to view attachmentHere she is in Action

Anne she is quite an athlete, " more power to her biggrin.gif
glad you had a good time , it certainly was worth the trip
washin n all. laugh.gif
stratson
Great to see Michelle , she is some kid! Now I am a trifle confused,,,,,,Is Michelle our "Beauty" Irish Dancing Champion.?
Don't let me keep a good woman off her washing! laugh.gif

See you in the morning, am up late and very tired.

Wish you could give me some of your energy Anne.
Goodnight,
Anne1
Hi Anne wish I had some spare energy can hardly waddle myself.
You are thinking of Melissa the Irish Dancer, Michelle is our budding athleteClick to view attachment
Here is Melissa at Championship in Dublin this year
angel
I'm off now with my son to buy insulation for the new wall he has been
putting up for me in part of the basement and also some other stuff that he needs , to get tthe job done, O' happy day's smile.gif
jeep
smile.gif Celebrating my birthday today. Mrs. Jeep took me out to lunch today.
Had a wee party last night/this morning with 15 members of our walking group.
Great crowd,good friends.

Jeep
ashfield
Happy Birthday jeep, and many happy returns. Hope she took you somewhere nice biggrin.gif
jeep
Thanks Ashfield. She did smile.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (jeep @ 8th Jul 2011, 08:11pm) *
Thanks Ashfield. She did smile.gif

Not the Old Oak then rolleyes.gif
angel
QUOTE (jeep @ 8th Jul 2011, 06:01pm) *
smile.gif Celebrating my birthday today. Mrs. Jeep took me out to lunch today.
Had a wee party last night/this morning with 15 members of our walking group.
Great crowd,good friends.

Jeep

I hope you had a lovely birthday Jeep , and that you enjoy lots of group walking for a long time. biggrin.gif
Anne1
Meeting my friend for coffee then its Bingo for us, hope am lucky biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
angel
I have had a lazy day ,but I promise myself a better day tomorrow unsure.gif smile.gif
stratson
Usual chores, cook dinner,then like you Anne1, lazed around, had to lie down for an hour, ate too much, that,s me just got dishes washed, popped in here to say Goodnight All,,,,,and so to bedzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz laugh.gif
Anne1
Its nice to have a lazy day Stratson eh.
Today got our weekend bags out again as we are of to Ullapool on Wednesdal for the Tall Ships which arrive there on Friday staying Saturday as well before they sail to Lerwick , loads to do there this weekend plenty of stalls and such like on the Pier and Main St so all we need is Sunshine biggrin.gif cool.gif
angel

Hope you have a great time Anne
Today is my youngest grandsons' birthday
so he and I are going out later today
because he wants to get those special sport shoes
for wearing with his skateboard and then we will
probably have a bite to eat ,where ever he fancies.
Cheers biggrin.gif

Anne1
I Love going out with G/Children especially if going shopping, hope you have a nice meal keep me some Chinese please laugh.gif
Elma
Happy Birthday to your grandson, Angel. It is my eldest grandson's birthday today too, he is now 25! Can't believe it, it only seems like yesterday.................... biggrin.gif

As for today, I have our Church Finance committee meeting tonight so I am busy with the financial statements then tomorrow morning I have our Summer Theatre Board meeting so I have the financials to do for that too. I really shouldn't leave things to the last minute. tongue.gif laugh.gif
angel
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 11th Jul 2011, 01:28pm) *
I Love going out with G/Children especially if going shopping, hope you have a nice meal keep me some Chinese please laugh.gif

will do Anne ,we will probaby go the the Mandarin "love it"
fabulous buffet style
and I will get you a take out biggrin.gif
angel
QUOTE (Elma @ 11th Jul 2011, 03:29pm) *
Happy Birthday to your grandson, Angel. It is my eldest grandson's birthday today too, he is now 25! Can't believe it, it only seems like yesterday.................... biggrin.gif

As for today, I have our Church Finance committee meeting tonight so I am busy with the financial statements then tomorrow morning I have our Summer Theatre Board meeting so I have the financials to do for that too. I really shouldn't leave things to the last minute. tongue.gif laugh.gif

thankyou Elma ,I think it will be a lovely day ,although I expect to be
a bit poorer at the end of it. lol
I think it's great that you have these little jobs to do,
keeps the brain functional . lol cheers
angel

Hi Anne I hope you have a nice little holiday , will you get the chance to go for a sail on one of those tall ships , I did last year , it was just marvelous, hope the weather is good for you , Take care biggrin.gif
Anne1
Hi Ange thanks,, tickets for getting a sail were gone before we even knew about it still will enjoy the couple of days and it lets us see youngest daughter her 2 daughter and of course Fraser, just heard yesterday Frasers Mum Terri, is having a new baby in February, so another wee new baby for us biggrin.gif biggrin.gif be good till i get back ha ha
Anne1
Went to Bingo last night[Fri] and won 1280 so can have a good time away and a wee spend yippee biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
angel

That is wonderful Anne , It's been awhile since you had a win
so you put that money under your pillow and go to sleep biggrin.gif
that was a nice bit of luck Cheers
RonD
Angel, first bingo game, I ever went to was at St. Pat's hall at Queen and Victoria c. 1959.

possilboy
sitting by the fire just had a big storm thunder lightning hail and rain my front garden flooded happy days unsure.gif
angel
QUOTE (RonD @ 13th Jul 2011, 01:16am) *
Angel, first bingo game, I ever went to was at St. Pat's hall at Queen and Victoria c. 1959.

Hello Ron, we had many a great night down in St. Pat's Hall
holding dances for our soccer and Hockey teams, it would be jampacked with Scots,Irish,English ,Welsh and a few Newfie Step dancers., great fun and we would make a good bit of money but that's probably because we always had a bar and a buffet.
Regards the Bingo , I have gone only three times in my life ,
once in Scotland with my M.I.L. and twice here , again with my M.I.L.
when she came here for visits from Scotland , it's a game I never really fancied but I know that it is immensely popular .
ps. , you must have been pretty young then. biggrin.gif Cheers
angel
QUOTE (possilboy @ 13th Jul 2011, 02:04am) *
sitting by the fire just had a big storm thunder lightning hail and rain my front garden flooded happy days unsure.gif

hello Possilboy, We hav'nt had any rain here and the grass is already
turning brown, it does'nt take long to turn , and there is no outlook for rain , maybe for another week and these days I can't be bothered any longer hauling the water hose all over the place , I just water the plants.
Hope your front yard gets some benefit from the storm biggrin.gif cheers
lindamac
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 13th Jul 2011, 11:24am) *
Went to Bingo last night[Fri] and won 1280 so can have a good time away and a wee spend yippee

Congrats tae ye Annwann hen ahm always delighted fer ye when ye tell us of yer wins pal because ahve never won a thing in my life well maybe once at prize bingo at the shows lols won 2 lamps lols mind ye ahve went tae the big Bingo twice and 1st go I took 3 books and coulney manage thum so my pal whom already had 12 books took my 3 books still never won lols laugh.gif I also went here in Australia however it was a cut throat experience these people widdve kilt ye fer breathing too loudly ah played 1 book and vowed thereafter tae never play Bingo again efter a wee wummin & her daughter groweled at me telling me aff fer talking tae my pal asking her witt ahve tae dae so thats my Bingo efforts in life a sad failure lols.Power tae ye Ann dolls luv ye tae bits gled yer a wee winner hen keep up yer good work there.Love Linda xxx wub.gif
angel

Nice to see you Linda ,hope you are well ,
another beautiful day here so I will get myself ready
go for a nice drive and do some shopping . biggrin.gif

wee davy
yes, indeed - well done annwan!

am huvvin trub spending the 166,000,000 slipped intae ma bank account the ither day - any suggestions? laugh.gif

good day tae ye awe
angel
hi Davy, nice to see you postng again, hope you keep well ,
about your bank account , EH, ? I'm thinking your wife will help you out with that problem . biggrin.gif
lindamac
biggrin.gif Hello there Angel darls sure hope your feeling sprightly and well hen always great tae pop in here and catch up with ye mate as well as awe the ither regulars have a fantastic happy weekend Angel and all GGERS.regards linda.xxx wub.gif
angel

well it's 11-30pm here and I don't feel like sleeping , I hate being awake half the night , I feel like a half shut knife for the rest of the next day sad.gif
Java
Congratulations on yer win Annewan. Ah think ah gave ye ma bank account number the last time ye won but ye musta typed it in wrang cos nuthin' appeared...here it is again...be careful wi the typin this time - sort code gie me aw the money number or puss in boots gets it
Anne1
Got the Sort Code and Account Number Java, when I tried to deposit money it said account to full nae room for any more money, see ah knew you were minted doll wub.gif
toerag
Angel we are like you nae rain for the month of July....so far grass is all burn tae H@&*!! but nae doubt the rain will be back and fix it all! just trying to keep cool today! not easy!!
angel
I think Toerag ,we will be trying to keep cool for the rest of the week
I promised myself I would not be lugging that water hose around , just use the watering can for plants ,but I broke my promise so I'm lugging
and you know , it won't make the slightest difference, cheers , be cool biggrin.gif
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 17th Jul 2011, 11:15pm) *
I think Toerag ,we will be trying to keep cool for the rest of the week
I promised myself I would not be lugging that water hose around , just use the watering can for plants ,but I broke my promise so I'm lugging
and you know , it won't make the slightest difference, cheers , be cool biggrin.gif

Toerag ,I've just remembered , why I'm now soaking the burnt grass,
because it will make the worms come to the top and the Robins can
feed. biggrin.gif
angel

Nice photos of the ships Anne ,

glad to had a nice wee time with your family .
--------------------------------

I'm away to get on with whatever I do around here

and get my butt of this chair and away from this puter
and maybe do something useful. have a good day. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

stratson
Another day lazing around the house, just not up to it today. Have leftovers from yesterday, that takes care of my evening meal. Son having Chinese tonight, Luckily he's handy with the hoover, laugh.gif
Anne1
Trying to unpack weekend bags again great going away but hate the unpacking bit again
Went to town centre to hand in repeat prescription forgot it was bank Holiday[Glasgow Fair Monday] imagine forgetting Fair Monday must be ma age biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Glasgow Girl
Yer piccies look smashing Anne...did ye have a nice wee time? I know what you mean about forgetting it being Fair Monday, it just doesn't feel like a Fair Monday does it? x
Anne1
yes definetely showin ma age forgetting fair monday Glasgow Girl biggrin.gif
angel

Don't feel bad Anne , We were married during this time
a thousand years ago and had completely forgotten about that until , the Glasgow fare was mentioned sad.gif
Anne1
Click to view attachmentPosting for Angel

Angel with Baby Jacob And Her Neice

Anne1
Click to view attachmentHeres another of Angel with Baby Jacob and Niece
angel

this was the baby's christening a couple of weeks ago
and he was just a wee angel , the whole day wub.gif

Anne , thanks again for posting for me. biggrin.gif
Anne1
your most welcome Angel anytime doll biggrin.gif
angel

I'm still reading your instuctions . biggrin.gif laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Lovely fotys everyone, angel you look really great and the wee one is just beautiful, as is his mum. Keep posting the snaps girls.
angel

Lovely fotys everyone, angel you look really great and the wee one is just beautiful, as is his mum. Keep posting the snaps girls.
-------------------------------
Lass , thankyou for your very kind comments , but I'm thinking that I just might have Anne post the photo of my sexy shoes which I bought for
that day, they reminded me of the type of shoe I wore when I was much younger, .... just a couple of straps with heals , but not to high . biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.