Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
angel
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 31st May 2011, 10:37pm) *
Thanks Heather sorry no cake left kids ate it and took remainder home for pieces for work biggrin.gif

Well today we are of to South Queensferry for a Sail then back for High Tea at Hotel then home about 6.30 with our little club from complex Nevs not going hes had a bad couple of weeks with his foot got an infection and needs to rest it so he is quite happy to stay home and be in charge of Remote Control[am good to him] biggrin.gif ...yes you are Anne and he having the remote will make him feel really important, and take his mind from off his foot as well. biggrin.gif hope it heals quickly.
Not sure if you went for the sail or is it tomorrow Wed. either way , I hope the weather is /was good. cheers lol

Heather
Meanie, I bet she ate most of the birthday cake. sad.gif

The son of a friend of my sister was over here in Scotland staying with our niece who has two sons about the same age.
My sister asked me to get her a couple of packs of her favourite Chocolate Caramel Biscuits for the guy to take back for her.
So I bought four packets of the biscuits and one pack of Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate and another of Cadbury's Chocolate Caramel for my American bro-in-law who loves our chocolate. There are eight bars of chocolate in each pack.

The guy bought that much stuff when he was here he could not get my items in his suitcase. So I am working my way through all the chocolate biscuits and as I am a chocoholic, the bars of chocolate are are no bother to eat except that they are not doing my waistlaine any good. unsure.gif

I can just imagine my sister's face when she goes to collect her goodies and finds they are still here in Scotland. sad.gif
angel
Heather just tell your sister to come on over and pick up her goodies
that is there is anything left ," your a wee greedy guts " tongue.gif
We have had nice weather these last couple of days but yesterday was to hot, with the humidex reading the temp was some 42C deg. ,
today a bit better with the breeze, so I am outside working in the yard
and just came downstairs to cool off. then out again.
hope you weather has improved and then you can get your wallpaper biggrin.gif or maybe we should all go for a sail with Anne !.

Heather
Angel, I can never say no to chocolate.

I remember my first date with my husband. We went to see a movie and he told everyone he bought me a box of chocolate's and I sat all through the film eating all the chocolate's and never offered him one. So what, if he wanted some chocolate he could have bought himself a couple of bars. laugh.gif
angel

Heather ,your story reminds me of a date I had one time with a guy
whom I thought was the living end, " he drove a car " !

anyway we went to see a movie in the city I think it was foreign,
although I don't remember what it was called.
we got into the hall and settled and the movie started , then this hero,
brought out a wee brown bag with caramels all stuck together in the bag
and offered me a sweetie laugh.gif I cannot print what I thought of him then,
" I would be barred from the boards "
what a lousey date ! I took the tram home and he drove home to dalmuir laugh.gif
Heather
Angel he sounds a right tight fisted one offering you a sticky sweet. Yuk.
Anne1
Had a sail today at South Queensferry and we saw the 12th Century Incholm Abbey, on the Island there are Gullimots, Puffins Seal and a wild assortment of Birds it was interesting[plus no rain]Click to view attachment
angel

thats a very good photo Anne,
nice you had a good day
without the rain. biggrin.gif
angel
I had a very busy Saturday, My son an two grandsons came to visit and as I was'nt expecting company their visit through me for a loop smile.gif but it was lovely to see them , they left this morning after breakfast and now I will have a nice cup of tea. wub.gif
RonD
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 1st Jun 2011, 09:52pm) *
Had a sail today at South Queensferry and we saw the 12th Century Incholm Abbey, on the Island there are Gullimots, Puffins Seal and a wild assortment of Birds it was interesting[plus no rain]Click to view attachment

Anne, I have admire you and Neville, us expats just wish we could get up and go on these lovely wee trips about the country of our birth. With such close proximity to such wonderful countryside there is a danger of not taking advantage of it. However, by your sojourns I can see that you enjoy the scenery of all sorts of "airts and pairts" of the lovely country that is Scotland.
Heather
My wee adventure today was to do a big ironing, there is not a thing left. smile.gif
angel

My younger son came down for a few hours this morning and helped out with a few little jobs that needed done in the yard, so that was great and I did get more plants for my planters.
It is really hot outside now so, I think that will be me indoors with the a/c.
for the rest of the day. cool.gif
Anne1
Had a nice lazy day cathing up with phone calls then a couple of hours just listening to radio and reading, a pleasant quiet day biggrin.gif
Anne1

We are going out for Birthday lunch with my sister & B.I.L its their daughter in laws Birthday so we are going thr to Stirling for it biggrin.gif
witshisname
sitting here right now with the cat purring away on ma lap..lol,i'll be driving my cousin to work in a couple of hours & then i'll have the van all day yippee..so,ill be on a little driving tour of Ottawa today. smile.gif So i'll be out hunting down all the good scottish food & drink biggrin.gif
RonD
Bob: 194 Robertson in Nepean and 1713 St. Laurent in Ottawa as if you didn't know smile.gif
proudmaryhiller
Watching the Tennis just now, hope Andy wins. smile.gif
Melody
Me too Mary it's nerve wracking at the minute. ohmy.gif
Melody
Murray won. smile.gif biggrin.gif
proudmaryhiller
Hi Melody, great isn't it, fingers crossed for Wimbledon biggrin.gif
Melody
It was fab Mary, that Tsonga is amazing but oor Andy did good. biggrin.gif
Anne1
Three cheers for Andy Murray winning at Queens biggrin.gif
angel
biggrin.gif

talk about the early bird : I have already gone to the supermarket
for a few groceries, have a pot of stew cooking , done a few little chores around the house and it's just about 8am . biggrin.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (witshisname @ 13th Jun 2011, 09:38pm) *
sitting here right now with the cat purring away on ma lap..lol,i'll be driving my cousin to work in a couple of hours & then i'll have the van all day yippee..so,ill be on a little driving tour of Ottawa today. smile.gif So i'll be out hunting down all the good scottish food & drink

Never knew you were a Driver Witsees matey Good Luck wi yer scottish grub search pal enjoy! wub.gif laugh.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (angel @ 14th Jun 2011, 11:12pm) *
biggrin.gif

talk about the early bird : I have already gone to the supermarket
for a few groceries, have a pot of stew cooking , done a few little chores around the house and it's just about 8am . biggrin.gif

I love a good pot of stew especialy if it has chunks of turnip[?swedes] in it simply the bestest wintery meal for my family . smile.gif
joycewilson
Been to the shops, managed to get a washing hung out and just had lunch....
angel

Hi joyce your day seems about as exciting as mine biggrin.gif
but if all goes well
I will go out shopping for a new outfit this afternoon ,
I need something nice to wear at the upcomming family event
next weekend . biggrin.gif
Elma
Today is our wind-up picnic for the Mary Martha Group (our Presbyterian Women's group). We car-pool to a local lake where we play games like croquet, lawn darts, etc. before sharing pot-luck. Thenkfully the sun is out and it is warm. smile.gif There will be about 12 of us and if you can imagine a group of 40 to 80 year olds cavorting around for a few hours please close your eyes and delete the vision immediately. tongue.gif laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Been up for ages and was going to get an early start, but guess whet !,,,,, a cant find ma keys lol. rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
Jist fun'thum,,, they were in ma bag. biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif
bilbo.s
Two washings done and dried. Fly screens up to at least keep the numbers down. Lunch next and then a wee siesta before the cocktail hour.
angel
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 21st Jun 2011, 12:22pm) *
Jist fun'thum,,, they were in ma bag. biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

Hi Lass I see you found you Keys biggrin.gif
would'nt be the first time for me
when I was looking for my car keys , they
were in my purse but it was in the fridge.
My family used to say that I kept the
money in cold storage.
I took my car this morning to be service'd
and on walking back home I got caught at the
railroad crossing and I think I stood there for maybe
15mins.or so , until the freight train passed
I thought I would just collapse because of the heat.
it seems to me that today is so humid.

glasgow lass
Hi angel am usually walking around wae them in ma hand lol searching for them. Well what was supposed to be a rather long day ended up a short day because a got such a late start, so thats where'y keep yir stash angel. ah'll be right over for a wee tap, if yir out don't wurry a kin help maself and yill never know a wis there .Wis that you trying tae pick up bloaks again at the tracks angel rolleyes.gif , hope'y left one for me smile.gif
angel

No Lass , but the train driver waved to me, tongue.gif so that's a plus laugh.gif
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 21st Jun 2011, 10:19pm) *
No Lass , but the train driver waved to me, tongue.gif so that's a plus laugh.gif

so you just go find your own railroad crossing . Eh tongue.gif
angel

the latest edition to our family ," baby Jacob" is being babtized today,
and that will take place after 12 ,0'clock mass , and afterward there will be a reception for about 70 people , should be a really nice time.
Then on Wednesday , it is my grandaughters graduation , she will graduate with honours wub.gif "such a smart kid " which will mean an overnight stay for me , so this week will keep me on my toes. smile.gif
Anne1
Hope you have a lovely day with your Family at the Christening Angel biggrin.gif
angel
thanks Anne, cheers, you better be on you toes for next weekend. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Hi angel that will be a nice day, a've got a baptizm coming up very soom maself.Have a great day angel, well am having a day home,jist got back from ma sisters place, so a could use a day in to get cought up on more than a few things. The weather looks wonderful so looking forward to some yard wurk rolleyes.gif , have a smashin day everyone smile.gif
angel
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 26th Jun 2011, 12:21pm) *
Hi angel that will be a nice day, a've got a baptizm coming up very soom maself.Have a great day angel, well am having a day home,jist got back from ma sisters place, so a could use a day in to get cought up on more than a few things. The weather looks wonderful so looking forward to some yard wurk rolleyes.gif , have a smashin day everyone smile.gif

you too Lass, hope it does'nt rain , cause you have all that yard work to
do and I want to wear my new sexy shoes. tongue.gif
glasgow lass
still not raining angel and a've got most of the yard wurk done, see whenever ma wee gardener see me oot he usually comes over to give me ha hand, so a try to make sure that he always sees me giving ma brow a wee wipe tongue.gif ,,,,, o'enjoy yir new shoes angel, ma favourite shoes are ma cleavage toe'e pair ,,,,, but I'll not be wearing them today as ma feet are all green from the lawan ,,,,, perhaps tomorrow angel smile.gif ,,, have fun! wub.gif
angel
I'm just back home Lass ,it was a wonderful day,met up with old friends
had a good old chit chat, and the baby was a wee Angel all day biggrin.gif
As you probably know, the weather was perfect , I don't know the temp , but it is pretty hot. and the shoes worked out just fine.
we had a lovely meal , so I 'm not bothering about dinner today. biggrin.gif

angel

hello Anne , hope you have had a good day,
I started my day by doing very little this morning
but I went out for a couple of hours to
pick up a few odds and ends this afternoon.
My niece is comming tomorrow for lunch
and of couse is bringing wee baby Jacob,
So this means that I get to sit him
on my lap and I can sing all my little
silly scottish songs to him , " a special
request from his Mom ", as a child she
just loved those songs ,
as did my own grand children. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

and Lass , I hope that you too had a great day, cheers .
angel

Just a touch of nostalgia. wub.gif
Playgrounds of my mind . Clint Holmes.

http://youtu.be/n08ETcI1AAo
Anne1
Thanks Angel yesterday was a good day for me, so now today trying to get organised for our trip to Eldest son & family in Hexam[Cumbria] where we will be joined by youngest son & family from Hampshire, where their daughter Michelle will be competing in All English Schools at Gateshead Stadium she will be representing her Hampshire school in the High Jump she clears at 1.57 in the under 15s, so looking forward to our weekend where we will enjoy having them all around us.Heres a picture of MichelleClick to view attachment mind you canny see her face
angel

well Anne , I hope you guys have a great weekend and also that good weather holds for you.
I'll be away myself for a couple of days this week, so I wish your granddaughter every success in her sport. biggrin.gif
Anne1
Thanks Angel have a nice time away biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Hi anjel s'good that yir enjoying yerself with family and freends, lovely way to spend the long weekend.A've been home most of the time and am enjoying the rest, cept for Thrusday night a was over at my friends for a really nice dinner/pool. Was cought in traffic jams Friday aft for three hours tho rolleyes.gif ,,, so now am home in ma nice cool hoose enjoying the garden and deck smile.gif
angel

Hi Lass , glad you survived those traffic Jams, " Hoiliday weekend so what else is new " ! ,
anyway , I hope you have had a nice break and ready for work this week , " all bright eyed and bushy tail'ed rolleyes.gif "
take care , enjoy your deck biggrin.gif
Anne1
Have just unpacked two weekend bags filled washing machine, now trying to get back in routine buts its awfy hard. Hope you all had a n ice weekend.
We were down in Newcastle area and attended Gateshead Stadium where all English Schools were competing,My G/daughter Michelle was competing in High JUmp she kept her personal best clearing at 1.57 she is now 9th in Great Britain, she is also 6th in Great Britain for Pentathalon, and her Team were 2nd in Relay race Michelle was representing Hampshire. Click to view attachmentHere she is in Action

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.