Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
joycewilson
Had a good sleep today just looking forward to finishing work on Sat morning for a week....
angel
hope you have a nice wee break Joyce, biggrin.gif
angel

Hello Anne , I did get your card and it's so funny,
but to late with it's advice, I'm now just a lost soul
floating about in the wilderness, will pm you later,
thanks a bundle biggrin.gif
angel

Hi Lass got your message, will pm you as well, biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
almost the weekend cant believe thats another week in, where diz the thime go, honestly! Begining to think about some holidays , wouldn't mind another wee jont over to Italy, how about you guys , you going away this summer biggrin.gif ...cheers. lass wub.gif
joycewilson
Morning Folks, Well last day of my week off work, am going to head into town, I want to buy myself something nice to wear as my son does his last performance of the play Singin Im No A Billy Hes A Tim at SECC Glasgow on 30th of this month and theres an after show party so want something nice to wear.
Hows everyone...hope you all have a ncie day x x
Anne1
Today we spent most of the afternoon filling flowerpots, hanging baskets, very tiring but at least its done, putting in some new climbers, been meaning to do it for days kept putting it off biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
nice Anne, a dont even have a wee bud on a tree yet rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
Hey yoos doon there,,, are'yis aw sitting at yir puter eating yir chocolate bunnies,,,,Mmmmmm biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Hi, Hope you all had a nice time at Easter and enjoyed the nice weather, I had a great few days off work, back tonight though only for three nights, my son is 30 on Friday so took the night off and then we are off to SECC to see my other sons last performance of the play Singin Im No A Billy Hes A Tim, that will be an emotional night x x x
angel
Hi joyce ,Lass and Anne, hope you had a nice Easter, I had a lovely time
but I did have a couple of medical appointments which had slipped my mind and had to come home earlier than expected.
I did'nt do much of anything yesterday,Mon. except mess up my posts on Sing Song but I did enjoy T.V. , I watched the "Antique Road Show,"
"Midsommer Murders", and on public T.V. "When the Moore's ruled Europe" ,so that was good T.V. viewing for me on a Mon.evening. biggrin.gif
Tonight I am going out for supper, Hope it stops raining.

Heather
Tonight I'm off to our Ladies Dinner and looking forward to it. smile.gif

I don't have a clue what the entertainment is, hopefully a wee ceilidh. smile.gif
angel
I've had a busy morning, had an appointment with the podiatrist,
then walked along the road to the polling station to vote, took the cat for her shots and the Vet says that she has a broken tooth and it has become infected ,so the estimate to have this tooth extracted will be
$800. 47. / I guess it's going to be a long toothache for her. sad.gif
stratson
Went to Health Centre for Hypertension check up, was a lot better today.
Sat in the park on way home.

Lovely feeling the sun on your body.
angel

nice to see you out and about Stratson. biggrin.gif
Anne1
Health Centre for us today, me for vitamin Injection, Nev for swollen foot again, great when your social life centres round Health Centre oh the excitement eh biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Anne1
Well my day has just changed thanks to ma wee pal Stratson, thank you so much Anne for my lovely flowers which have just arrived, your a wee darlin biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
angel

it's looking like we just might have a dry day today, we have had such lousy weather this while back , so I might get ouside to try and get some
weeding done and some other chores,
morning Anne, hope your day goes well, you too Stratson,
cheers Penny, biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
stratson
Absolutely nothing today except for cooking evening meal.

Gorgeous outside, the park across the way is pretty busy. biggrin.gif

penny dainty
Getting the house all spick and span for my Emma arriving on Saturday , i am sooooo excited biggrin.gif
Anne1
Im sure all the family will have a briliant time when arrives tomorrow have a ball Penny.
Thanks for my card which came yesterday biggrin.gif
angel
Although this may be" Mother"s Day here" or Mothering Sunday, my family helped me move furniture from upstairs to downstairs today,
plus umpteen other things that I needed to have done and now we are going out to eat. A most pleasant and productive day biggrin.gif
Heather
I'm off to the UCM tonight if it stops raining. sad.gif

We are having a Bring & Buy Sale. smile.gif

Anne1
Well we are of on our Social Life today, this morning ive got hospital appt for 9.30.am then back home for a cup of tea, next its Nevs turn this afternoon for Doctors & nurse, great fun as you get older eh biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
bilbo.s
Off to spend day and night in La Carihuela before seeing grandson off from Malaga airport tomorrow. How a fortnight flies past ! Less than 2 weeks now until our holiday to Turkey. That will soon be past as well. sad.gif
angel
An early start for me today, I will continue with the outside projects
that I began yesterday around the house , so it's auld jeans and an old work shirt for me today, so have a good day people cool.gif
Anne1
Today we are taking Fraser to our Palacerigg Country Park[about 15 mins away] it has an animal section with couple of White Wolves, Owls, Wild Cats ,Aviaries,cows ,Pigs, Bison, Chickens, Peacocks, Ducks to be fed and Goats, and a few others, so hope the sun keeps shining biggrin.gif
angel

hello Anne , hope you have a nice day with your wee fraser,
I am off to the hospital today visiting with my niece , yesterday she
had their first child , a little boy " Jacob " so mum and dad are just
fine and baby is just a beautiful 8lbs. he is my sister's first grandchild , so now she will know how it it feels to be broke biggrin.gif
Anne1
She sure will Angel
Today I spent 2 hours at Palacerigg Park with Fraser his Gran &Nev, afterwards we had 2 hours at Adventure planet. OMG the noise, but Fraser fair enjoyed all the excitement we had lunch there came home and watched cartoons for ages, then other two daughters and friend came over and had dinner[all salad made before we went out Chicken cooked as well] then thankfully all went home and the two of us are sittin here shattered but happyClick to view attachment

Fraser & Granny [my youngest daughter]
angel

Shattered but happy Anne is a great feeling biggrin.gif and Fraser is a fine wee boy biggrin.gif
Melody
Anne, brilliant photograph. Do you know your wee Gabby looks dark haired and full of life just like mine. smile.gif Fraser is having a brilliant time. smile.gif No wonder you were shattered.
angel
It's a lovely day here and I did get the grass cut , now I will just finish lunch and get back outside and get on with the trimming, " The joy of it all'
smile.gif
bilbo.s
Just to finish off the packing for our holiday to Turkey. Early rise tomorrow, flight from Almerķa to Gatwick then Dalaman. Crazy we have to go to England to get to Turkey.
angel
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 23rd May 2011, 07:15am) *
Just to finish off the packing for our holiday to Turkey. Early rise tomorrow, flight from Almerķa to Gatwick then Dalaman. Crazy we have to go to England to get to Turkey.

Buen Viaji. smile.gif
angel

I took my car down to the body shop yesterday
to get all of the dunt's and scratches caused by
inconsiderate shoppers in the parking lots over the winter, who will
not take the shopping buggies back to their proper place.
this will cost me a good $400. this afternoon, mad.gif
angel

today , turned out to be a beautiful afternoon, so I left the car in the garage and me and my trusty grocery buggy, went out shopping locally, and also had lunch at one of the restaurants, very nice" and a 2hr walk- about to boot. biggrin.gif
Heather
Today I'm just sitting here watching the rain, sun, rain, sun, and wondering if the rain will ever stop even just for a few days.
We can't get the grass cut as it is too wet.

Tomorrow we hope to go out and look for nice wallpaper for the sitting room as I want it done up for the summer coming, if it ever comes. sad.gif
angel

Hi Heather
, just go and get your nice wall paper tomorrow, even if it rains, my mother used to say " Rain never melted anybody " unsure.gif
I wallpaper'd two bedrooms last year , had someone come in and get rid of the old flooring for me and then I laid the new floors and I paint my livingroom but will need help with the stairs, probably some time this year.
So like yourself we have had the wettest spring ever , so if and when summer comes my time will be spent outdoors ,catching up with those jobs. The workload I can manage if I take my time, the problem these days is " I'm just fed up with it " anyway when you get your living room done ,I'm sure it will be lovely biggrin.gif
annie laurie
Angel,
Why dont you come and visit me and give me some of your energy,

I feel the same Heather keep saying when the weather warms up I will get the carpets in the bedrooms shampoo'd {company though not me } wink.gif

I have so many projects i have been putting off as well
Keep saying I am going to have a yard Sale but never get around to it,

We all have so much dont we,
But try and give things away no one seems to want them ,

Have a great day everyone what ever you do
Heather enjoy the Holiday monday, cheers
Heather
Angel I'm raring to go and it's not just the sitting room but the whole house that I want done, but except for the sitting room the other rooms and hall will be painted.
Then like Annie I will get someonein to clean all the carpets upstairs as it's wooden floors downstairs.

I did buy a carpet cleaner two years ago but it's useless, and it does not have the connections to do the stair carpet so I'll leave it to the professionals.

I've just been out helping my husband cut the hedging. It's so high I had to stand on a chair as I'm scared of standing on the ladders outside and don't like heights.
He had the electric trimmer, I used the chopper. smile.gif

Annie your right about the things we collect through the years then they end up at the back of a cupboard. Thats another project I need to do, a good clear out.
angel
http://youtu.be/Ln7m_1Om8Js

This old house biggrin.gif ... Shakin Stevins.
Heather
Hey Angel, we have not reached that point yet. laugh.gif laugh.gif
angel

but it's a good wee tune . biggrin.gif

Heather
Yes a reminder to get up off our backsides and look after our property or we will end up with a house in that state. biggrin.gif
Anne1

Having a family get together today as Nev is 73 , table set food ready so lets get started biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
angel

Happy Birthday to Nev. Anne, hope he had a nice day, biggrin.gif
did you get him a birthay cake ?
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 31st May 2011, 03:17pm) *
Happy Birthday to Nev. Anne, hope he had a nice day, biggrin.gif
did you get him a birthay cake ?

ooooops , birthday cake
Anne1
Cheers Angel yes he got his Birthday cake kids spoilt him as well biggrin.gif
Heather
Happy Birthday Neville. smile.gif

Annewan, where is our slice of birthday cake???
Anne1
Thanks Heather sorry no cake left kids ate it and took remainder home for pieces for work biggrin.gif

Well today we are of to South Queensferry for a Sail then back for High Tea at Hotel then home about 6.30 with our little club from complex Nevs not going hes had a bad couple of weeks with his foot got an infection and needs to rest it so he is quite happy to stay home and be in charge of Remote Control[am good to him] biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.