Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
witshisname
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 6th Mar 2011, 01:52pm) *
Am trying tae get oot the door tae the gym but am going to have to shouvel, looks like we had lots of snaw during the night, thought we were done wae snow rolleyes.gif ,,,so am stalling this morning guys. sad.gif

Well since we're in the middle of another snow storm,it's a day locked in for me.Hey 'Lass,i've got $20 wae your name on it if ye'll come dig me oot smile.gif
Heather
I had a very painful visit to the Dentist this morning.
I had to get Root Canal treatment because of an abcess in the gum. I have to go back next week after I finish the antibiotics.
The Receptionist gave me an estimated cost of the treatment, 65.00. wub.gif
At least I got the Prescription free.

If I feel better tonight, I am off to the UCM as we are having a Quiz Night with the proceeds going to the Priesthood Students Fund. smile.gif
angel
Hi Wits, I saw on yesterday's news that you guys had 70cm of snow
now that a lot of shoveling. ohmy.gif
Heather
When I handed in my Prescription at Morrisons today they said it would be 20 minutes before it was ready. So I went into their Cafe for a cup of tea and there was a couple also having tea and in the process both of them were bottle feedin a baby each with another baby fast asleep in a buggy.
The babies were triplets, two boys and a girl and lovely babies, all three of them. smile.gif
Elma
Shrove Tuesday Pancake supper at the Church tonight. I'm away to pre-cook the sausages in a wee while. The menu tonight pancakes, sausages, bacon with strawberries and cream as well as the usual maple syrup for the pancakes. Good food, good company, what could be better!!! biggrin.gif
angel

I'm having some plastering work done in the house today,then I can get on with my painting smile.gif

Anne1
Going to try and be busy today Walk- in Cupboard needs gutting hopefully will get it done, if I dont stop for cups of tea and gab on the phone biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Friday at last.....last nightshift of the week tonight..just popping along for a wee coffee before I head to bed...got my electric blanket on.....brrrrr...its a cold one today.... x
Anne1
Not venturing out today its very cold and messy, will just have a wee read of my book and listen to music my ipod biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Heather

I was going to the Library as I have read all my books and have nothing to read. But it is too cold and with it snowing again, I will be staying at home where I'm warm and cosy.
penny dainty
QUOTE (angel @ 10th Mar 2011, 01:27am) *
I'm having some plastering work done in the house today,then I can get on with my painting smile.gif

Hey Angel i;ll come and help you get plastered laugh.gif
I bought a new dinner service today , had the other one for 21 years , theres nothing wrong wi it , just fancied a wee change lol , my daughter wants the old one she hasnt got matching plates, she's got a mish mash of dishes. biggrin.gif
penny dainty
QUOTE (angel @ 10th Mar 2011, 01:27am) *

I bought a new dinner service today , had the other one for 21 years , theres nothing wrong wi it , just fancied a wee change lol , my daughter wants the old one she hasnt got matching plates, she's got a mish mash of dishes. biggrin.gif
stratson
P.D. Do you like the square plate designs for your dinner service?
If I were renewing that's what I'd choose.
Have dinner service and others in my kitchen cupboards. Is a long time since setting a large dinner table.
There is nothing nicer than a well presented dining table.
Your lucky having a dining room, must be lovely. biggrin.gif
Just look out, maybe parachute in, I believe your a great hostess P.D. laugh.gif
wellfield
Grandson coming over today!...We'll Barbeque some pork ribs!...Mmm' Mmm' Mmm'
angel
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 13th Mar 2011, 04:51am) *

you lucked out Penny, I had someone help me get plastered and he did a fine job too.
but if you fancy doing a bit of painting , now your help would be more than welcome.
Hope both you and your daughter enjoy your new dinner service's

Stratson hope you have a nice day and also you Campbell with your wee grandson. cheers.
penny dainty
HE did you say HE? well and i thought you were such a nice lassie too, fancy getting plastered wi'oot me and wi a man tae boot, well think i need a wee red to calm my nerves , well i never .lol laugh.gif
Stratson i dont like the square plates for everyday use , i prefer the round ones , the square would be nice for occassional use .Aye you get your parachute at the ready anytime , lol im sure i could rustle you up a banquet if you dropped by. biggrin.gif
Heather
I had an expensive day today.

I had to pay 65 to the Dentist then I had to pay 52 to the Engineer who came out to fix my washing machine. sad.gif

Me thinks I should have gone to the Benefit Agency for a Crisis Loan. laugh.gif
stratson
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
Aye well may you laugh Stratson. If I had gone there I would have got a knock back. sad.gif

I'm after ironing two bed sets and I am having a rest. I'll iron the smaller items tomorrow.
angel
It is going to be a beautiful day here and as I have a couple of appoinments to keep, I think that I will leave the car at home and just
use the public transport and shank's pony. biggrin.gif
stratson
[quote name='Heather' date='16th Mar 2011, 05:11pm' post='350000']
Aye well may you laugh Stratson. If I had gone there I would have got a knock back. sad.gif

Hence my laughter Heather, You'd have as much luck as a Blue Moon in the sky!

Re, ironing, I hate it, is a bother to me now. Mind the day I ironed everything I washed.
Would never put article in drawer or wardrobe that had not been ironed.

Wish I felt like you obviously do. Have just started doing my own housework again and am fair chuft.
Dunvegan
QUOTE (Heather @ 16th Mar 2011, 08:59am) *
I had an expensive day today.

I had to pay 65 to the Dentist then I had to pay 52 to the Engineer who came out to fix my washing machine. sad.gif

Me thinks I should have gone to the Benefit Agency for a Crisis Loan. laugh.gif

65 pounds for a dentist!!! I've never had a bill for the last ten years less than $200 and that wis just for asking a dentist the time!
penny dainty
Stuck indoors today , the rain is teeming down ......again!!
angel

just realized that I had posted this on the
wrong thread, silly me ! biggrin.gif anyway Penny,Hope you have a good day,just ignore the rain biggrin.gif
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 19th Mar 2011, 07:18pm) *
just realized that I had posted this on the
wrong thread, silly me ! biggrin.gif anyway Penny,Hope you have a good day,just ignore the rain biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJG9Tol1a0U.
angel

I'm staying home to day, had enough with yesterday's driving, some of the roads are in bad shape with potholes, it's like driving through an obstacle course and probably won't be filled in before the month of June. mellow.gif
witshisname
Picking up the trash on my patio that's fallen from the balconies above My Apartment mad.gif so far 6 soda bottles,2 newspapers & a tea towel.

People upstairs just don't give a damn,oota sight oota mind I guess.
witshisname
QUOTE (angel @ 20th Mar 2011, 12:33pm) *
I'm staying home to day, had enough with yesterday's driving, some of the roads are in bad shape with potholes, it's like driving through an obstacle course and probably won't be filled in before the month of June. mellow.gif

you say june... I'll take early August...lol,drive safe angel,I think most of these potholes soon become sink holes going by how wide & deep they get..It can be quite destructive to the cars wheels and suspension.
angel
QUOTE (witshisname @ 22nd Mar 2011, 04:47pm) *
you say june... I'll take early August...lol,drive safe angel,I think most of these potholes soon become sink holes going by how wide & deep they get..It can be quite destructive to the cars wheels and suspension.

aw Wits, Tell me about it, as wee davy said a while back
they fillup the potholes with putty, so what else is new, cheers
angel

Hi Anne, it's still Tuesday here as I write this
and as I will have a really busy day "Wednesday"
getting everything in order at home
because as you know ,I will be going into hospital
on thursday for surgery, I won't be on the boards for
a wee while, so you take care and I will post when
I can , cheers biggrin.gif
Anne1
Yes remembered your were going in to hospital on Thursday will be thinking of you take care and do what Doctors tell you biggrin.gif
Heather
Jings Angel, I'm sorry to hear you are to have surgery. I hope it all goes well for you. smile.gif
wee mags
good luck Angel ,I hope all goes well
Heather
Last night I was at the UCM Lent Retreat at the Verona Fathers in Carmyle, and the Priest leading it was a bit of a character, a right cheery person.

He gave a nice talk then we had Mass and tea afterwards.

He is from Sunderland and although he served in the Amazon for 20 years he spoke like a Geordie, calling us all bonny lass. laugh.gif

I asked him why if he was from Sunderland he spoke like a Geordie and he said people from Sunderland are not Geordie's but are called 'Mackins '.
I never heard that word before.
glasgow lass
smile.gif angel good luck with your surgery tomorrow , hurry back to us as we will miss you ,,,,lass, wub.gif
penny dainty
Thinking of you Angel , let us know when your up and about again xx take care
witshisname
Wishing you a speedy recovery Angel,Hope to have you back with us soon xx wub.gif
stratson
Angel, just read your news,
Wishing you successful surgery and a speedy recovery,,,,
stratson
Staying home today. feeling kind of weak, guess is one of those down days, Going to rest between walkabouts onto my Desktop.Hope y'all are busy,,,,,, unsure.gif
Heather
Stratson, I hope you feel better soon. smile.gif
stratson
Thanks Heather biggrin.gif . feeling a little stronger today. hopefully manage some dinner.

Going to have a shower first.

Due to works going on the water will be off from 9a,m, tomorrow.

Will fill the bath and pots and kettle later tonight. smile.gif
Anne1
Hope your feeling better today Stratson mind and take it easy.
Today we are off to visit my brother in law who is back in hospital after a nasty fall at home last weekend,He goes for major brain surgery next thursday, pray god all goes well smile.gif
Anne1
Just back from Doctors where results for blood tests were good, thankfully, getting myself organised for 4 days away to Ullapool on Wednesday will get back Sunday, hope everyone is ok folks biggrin.gif
Heather
Anne that's good news about your blood tests.

So you are on your travels again, lucky you.
angel

Thankyou ladies,for your kind wishes, lovely card Stratson , Wits I am just fine, I think that they will have to shoot me and for now I am
just Convalecing. biggrin.gif
angel

just sitting here ,taking it it easy mellow.gif
stratson

Hi Angel,,,,am doing likewise, just about to watch 60 minute makeover on T,V,

Enjoy seeing all the ideas for house improvements, particularly the recipients faces when they arrive home and see all the new decor, furniture etc. biggrin.gif
wee davy
Jist finished watching 'Made In Dagenham' on DVD - I think its a MUST fer awe yoos wimmen (and not a bad idea fer the men, either).

I really enjoyed it - and I think they researched the whole thing VERY thoroughly (given an understanding of the politics of the time.

Recommended by wee davy (at all good asda's/tesco's near you now!)

(Or wait for it tae come oan TV in 5 years time lol)
joycewilson
Afternoon All, I should be sleeping, but cant so decided to do some cleaning and get my ironing done.....
witshisname
Just going out for a wee walk around the neighbourhood & enjoying the sunny weather smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.